What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (4 Viewers)

The Gator said:
"I just wanna grow a beard and eat."
:thumbup: :lmao: Possibly the line of the year right thereArtie definitely overreacted today. A little on the sensitive side about Beer League. And the criticism coming from an a-wipe like Sal makes it 10x worse.
To me it was the way he said that line. I could just picture him leaning back in his chair, arms resting on his belly barely able to reach each other, eyes shut..."I just wanna grow a beard and eat.". :lmao:

Please See Mine said:
Wow, a day I was actually happy to get stuck in traffic.I don't really get why Artie went nuts at the end after Sal's "apology." I guess I can understand why he was annoyed at Sal's phoniness overall, but he really seemed to overreact at the end. Unless he was coming down off the Subutex. Or maybe he really does want to get fired.
I think Sal's whole thing about how his ####ty "movie" was better than Beer League really pushed him over the edge.Artie has clearly reached the end of his rope here and would seem like he needs to take time off to get healthy physically and mentally, but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.
Artie said that it didn't have any to do with the Beer League thing. Not that he couldn't be lying, but you'd think he'd have somewhat of a sense of humor about it. I don't think it was awful, but it wasn't great and you'd think he would at least know it's not Citizen Kane. I guess he could have been pissed that a nobody like Sal would criticize it.On a semi-related note, it's amazing how Stern could see how much gold he could get out of Artie. Maybe part of his darkness and madness was luck, but Stern certainly has an ability to spot people's weaknesses and how he can use them for entertainment (like Tony Soprano to Davey Scuttino). I bet he saw something off in Artie, which is why he hired him.

The Gator said:
:thumbup:"Nah, the CD could have got him in the eye.""I think you're right, in a sense, when you call him stupid. He doesn't know how to speak properly.""I just wanna grow a beard and eat.":lmao: Awesome. :blackdot:
When I turned it on on my way home form work. I couldn't tell if it was them replaying the day before or a new fight:lmao: :lmao:

Mastertape freakin theatre = :confused:
At the end of today's MTT, they had a "bonus" segment. It was when Fred's wife was in Tony and Tina's wedding and Fred was NOT happy about her making out in the show. Howard brought in her co-star and had them make out in front of everyone. Howard then makes out with her, then invites Stuttering John to do the same. Fred nearly kills John. Absolute must-listen.That kind of tension and ####### with people is just not quite the same these days, because I think Howard has "matured" or whatever. Though the Sal-Artie thing got to about that level.

Mastertape freakin theatre = :mellow:
Bubba's live on 101
Bubba sucks
Gotta agree. Nothing the guy does interests me in the least.
Gotta disagree. At first, they seemed strange and talked about racing too much, but I kept listening anyway and now enjoy the show just as much as Howard. You just have to stick with it and learn their terminology and history. Definitely not a show most would like based on scattered listenings, so try to stay with it everyday for a while and you might find your first impression was totally off.Also, some of Manson's bits are incredible. Bring the Fat### Back (Timberlake parody about Bubba's eating) was priceless :thumbup:Did anyone catch the show when he talked a guy out of blowing his brains out on air? Riveting radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mastertape freakin theatre = :rolleyes:
Bubba's live on 101
Bubba sucks
Gotta agree. Nothing the guy does interests me in the least.
Gotta disagree. At first, they seemed strange and talked about racing too much, but I kept listening anyway and now enjoy the show just as much as Howard. You just have to stick with it and learn their terminology and history. Definitely not a show most would like based on scattered listenings, so try to stay with it everyday for a while and you might find your first impression was totally off.Also, some of Manson's bits are incredible. Bring the Fat### Back (Timberlake parody about Bubba's eating) was priceless :rolleyes:Did anyone catch the show when he talked a guy out of blowing his brains out on air? Riveting radio.
I feel the same way. In the past couple months, I've given Bubba a chance and he's really grown on me. In fact, I almost look forward to his show in the afternoons more than I do Howard's show in the morning. I hope they resign with Sirius so we're not stuck with Riley Martin in Bubba's slot or some other crap.

9:00a - 3:00p Thursday's Howard Stern Show & Wrap-up Replay

also on at 9p on Sunday.

anyone have the approximate time? late in the show or the wrap up show?

Anything today?Just heard the queef contest and nothing else today.
Not too much. Couple guys from Entourage and they spoke with Richard and Sal about the fight. Artie stood his ground and said he didn't like them and he didn't want to work with them on the road and will stay clear. The mood was alot better today and no big blowups.

Yesterday's discussion on Richard being gay was hilarious. "I just really admired Brad Pitt". Woulda been funnier with Artie there, but very funny anyway.

revisiting the old Tube Bar tapes was pretty funny. I had forgotten about those.
Very :lmao: Interesting stuff learning about those classics. Never knew where or when they were from, but have loved listening to them over the years.So awesome hearing Red yelling PEPERONI, out to a crowded bar.

They have got to be kidding with RuPaul
:thumbup: Whatever critic said his celebrity bookings have dried up was obviously correct.
And while guys like Nick Manning are entertaining, the obvious lack of quality for their guests is noticeable. Trying to compensate for that with Sal/Richard/Artie antics may be fun for a while, but that gets old quick. I think we've established that Richard is gay, Sal is a doosh, and Artie is a moody fat guy. Doing good radio for 20 hours a week is hard, I'll admit, but Howard's terrestrial radio (and you can include his 1st year at Sirius) shows were top-notch stuff.I hope the well ain't running dry. At least he has Bubba as an alternative.

They have got to be kidding with RuPaul
:shrug: Whatever critic said his celebrity bookings have dried up was obviously correct.
I don't really think the show was ever that celebrity-driven, though. In the past two months, they have had:Kevin ConnellyAdrian GrenierJamie FoxxKid RockSlashNikki SixxSarah SilvermanJerry O'ConnellJerry RiceBrad GarrettPat MonahanD.L. HughleyPaul AnkaI agree that I don't care about RuPaul and I will admit that having Nick Manning on twice within a couple of months was pretty weak. I'd rather hear Sal and Artie fighting than some guest who says nothing.

I missed the show most of this week. but I did catch Artie actually talking to Richard during the avant garde music bit. Did Artie make up with Sal and Richard?

I missed the show most of this week. but I did catch Artie actually talking to Richard during the avant garde music bit. Did Artie make up with Sal and Richard?
Yes. Artie apologized by telling Richard and Sal that they are nothing and not in his league and they don't deserve to be treated the way Artie is because he's paid his dues and he is the greatest thing ever and he's basically the bestest, most awesome person in the whole world.

Yes. Artie apologized by telling Richard and Sal that they are nothing and not in his league and they don't deserve to be treated the way Artie is because he's paid his dues and he is the greatest thing ever and he's basically the bestest, most awesome person in the whole world.
Wow....I like Artie, but thats pretty egotistical. After that blow up, I didn't think they would ever make up. Did Sal accept his apology? Or were they both still cold to one another?

Wow....I like Artie, but thats pretty egotistical. After that blow up, I didn't think they would ever make up. Did Sal accept his apology? Or were they both still cold to one another?
They kissed his ### and were extremely grateful for his apology and peace offering. Richard, that homo, even cried.

I love Artie, but he's been pretty disgusting through this whole thing."I probably make 10times as much you, and your overpaid and I'm underpaid"Only thing in his defense was on Thursday he was saying he was trying to imitate Howard when he goes on a rant and finds a way to complicate himself during it, but it didn't translate well so he just looked like an ###.Was hoping Sal would go after Artie after the "apology". Fred's speech before Sal spoke was stupid, bad enough he never says anything but often when he does he's being dishonest. Fred will not go against any of the main people on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread