What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (2 Viewers)

What happened with Artie/Gilbert? I missed that segment.
Surprisingly, Gilbert went for a lot of racist humor, especially the N word, and was continually interrupting the news. Artie jumped in and was perhaps even more to blame, but Robin couldn't even get through a sentence during the news and she and Howard were none too pleased.I thought it was funny though, and the only problem for Howard and Robin was that they could blast through the pointless news like usual.

Surprisingly, Gilbert went for a lot of racist humor, especially the N word, and was continually interrupting the news. Artie jumped in and was perhaps even more to blame, but Robin couldn't even get through a sentence during the news and she and Howard were none too pleased.
So it had an upside then... :lmao:

Surprisingly, Gilbert went for a lot of racist humor, especially the N word, and was continually interrupting the news. Artie jumped in and was perhaps even more to blame, but Robin couldn't even get through a sentence during the news and she and Howard were none too pleased.I thought it was funny though, and the only problem for Howard and Robin was that they couldn't blast through the pointless news like usual.
fixed, I'm guessing.In the past, Howard would've been right there with them.

Unfortunately artie's misery, drug problems, and overall craziness were my favorite parts of the show.

Now he's writing poems and talking about how this girl really loves him and it's ridiculously BORING. His timing has also been way off.

I saw the Letterman show.How far has Letterman fallen? In an attempt to go up against Conan, he gives his entire show over to Howard. Seems like Dave just gave up and let someone else do the work for him.Also, I guess the point of Howard showing his celebrity wedding pictures was to somehow embarrass Dave about his wedding in front of a Montana Justice of the Peace. If you remember when Dave's wedding was announced, Howard went on and on about it, and was obviously annoyed. I think Dave just didn't care, and the joke, or point, or whatever Howard was trying to make, didn't come across to the audience at all.A weak appearance.
Didn't you hear the plant, I mean, callers saying how great it was?
Sign me up as a plant then, I thought the show went great :lmao:
Me too. Just watched it and loved it.

Surprisingly, Gilbert went for a lot of racist humor, especially the N word, and was continually interrupting the news. Artie jumped in and was perhaps even more to blame, but Robin couldn't even get through a sentence during the news and she and Howard were none too pleased.I thought it was funny though, and the only problem for Howard and Robin was that they couldn't blast through the pointless news like usual.
In the past, Howard would've been right there with them.
The new, animal-loving, sophisticated Hamptons Howie doesnt go for that nonsense.

Robin: "3 cubed, is 3 to the 4th power because there's 4 sides to a cube."

That's a lot of wrongness in one sentence, even for her.

I didn't hear about the meeting after the show either. I wouldn't be surprised if the asked him to tone it down. It was mentioned more than a few times how fans are calling/writing in about him. He might just be a little unsure of what to say or do at the moment. I doubt they'd drop him but there might be a period of adjustment. I did notice Howard dismiss some jokes of Artie's without any reply but as was said, most have deserved no comment.
Was listening to a super fan roundtable replay on Saturday and they said there was a news segment about the meeting that was played once and never heard from again.

Raider Nation said:
Artie on Kimmel the other night

Much as he's been a jagoff lately, I have to admit he killed here.
Artie looks great, he's lost a ton of weight. Too bad he lost all the funny weight, though. Really Artie, another Dirty Work story?
It's embarrassing to me that Artie and I wear the same size pants 38/32...I'm 6' 220lbs, not in great shape but :shock: how does he wear the same size pants!!??

fixed, I'm guessing.In the past, Howard would've been right there with them.
:shock: Nowadays, all he says during teh news is "anything else Robin?". He just wants to get the F out of there. Going through the motion for about two years now.

WTF isn't Howard 100/101 on the new Sirius iPhone app?
Because Sirius doesn't own the mobile broadcast rights to all the shows/channels. Howard 100/101 are 2 of the handful they can't broadcast. Howard owns his show and content and Sirius pays him for the right to broadcast it, or something like that. Whatever deal he worked out, it excluded things like streaming on mobile phones, podcasting it, etc.

Because Sirius doesn't own the mobile broadcast rights to all the shows/channels. Howard 100/101 are 2 of the handful they can't broadcast. Howard owns his show and content and Sirius pays him for the right to broadcast it, or something like that. Whatever deal he worked out, it excluded things like streaming on mobile phones, podcasting it, etc.
Actually if I remember correctly they didn't used to stream Howard on the internet either, that came along later.

The show really is not much of a joy to listen to anymore. Howard is always complaining, Artie is......just odd and his jokes are hardly funny at this point and Robin is horrid as always. Not sure why I tune in most days. Just a lot of misery, really.

I got hooked back in early 2006 due to all the fun they seemed to be having. Now it just seems like a slow, toxic death. Howard is just done...it's been 30 years, that's an unbelievable run. Why hang on?

Have to agree, the show has been very lackluster as of late, and Howard has definitely checked out.

Been listening for almost 20 yrs now. Cant even remember mornings without Howard. Not sure what the hell I will do when hes gone.

Have to agree, the show has been very lackluster as of late, and Howard has definitely checked out.Been listening for almost 20 yrs now. Cant even remember mornings without Howard. Not sure what the hell I will do when hes gone.
Ron and Fez, 11am to 3pm. :thumbup:

Did anyone listen to the show when the interns were on a few days ago? One of my good friends was apparently on there, her name is Ashley.

Is howard going to retire when his contract is up?

they were talking about that on the Jason Ellis show yesterday.. talking about how satillite radio could go bust if that happens...

Is howard going to retire when his contract is up?they were talking about that on the Jason Ellis show yesterday.. talking about how satillite radio could go bust if that happens...
He'll either retire permanently or go to a few times a week in the afternoon.He complains all the time about the morning hours and he's been mailing it in for a while now. Even with him mailing it in though it's still the best thing on the radio :shrug:

Is howard going to retire when his contract is up?they were talking about that on the Jason Ellis show yesterday.. talking about how satillite radio could go bust if that happens...
He might, or maybe only do a couple afternoons a week.Pretty obvious he's just mailing it in now. I wouldn't be surprised if he bails.

Sirius XM iPhone App Lacks Howard Stern, MLB, NFL and NASCAR

By Mark Wilson, 10:17 AM on Thu Jun 18 2009

The Sirius XM iPhone app requires a $3/month subscription, but it's missing a few notable channels. From the company: "Some select programming, including MLB® Play-by-Play, NFL Play-by-Play, SIRIUS NASCAR® Radio, and Howard Stern, will not be available on the iPhone and iPod touch. Listeners will continue to be able to access that programming through the platforms they are currently offered on." We can understand removing any semblance of premium content from the service, but ending a sentence in a preposition is unforgivable.

http://gizmodo.com/5295332/sirius-xm-iphon...-nfl-and-nascar

He might, or maybe only do a couple afternoons a week.Pretty obvious he's just mailing it in now. I wouldn't be surprised if he bails.
It is his standard negotiating ploy that he has been using for the last 15 years now. Retire, go to another company..all the same stuff, just to get a bigger better deal. Plus, it helps him fill the 4 hours a day and he always talks about finding topics that fill the day.

i've got no problem with artie...at least he has some kind of energy. Howard and Robin are on cruise control right now.

It becomes even more obvious when they play old shows on 101 or the history of howard on 100 the past two weeks. They just had so much (SO MUCH) more energy before. Its almost like they're thinking "well, now we can do anything we want and dont have to worry about the FCC, critics, etc. But, its just not that fun anymore without being able to offend someone"

i've got no problem with artie...at least he has some kind of energy. Howard and Robin are on cruise control right now. It becomes even more obvious when they play old shows on 101 or the history of howard on 100 the past two weeks. They just had so much (SO MUCH) more energy before. Its almost like they're thinking "well, now we can do anything we want and dont have to worry about the FCC, critics, etc. But, its just not that fun anymore without being able to offend someone"
He hasn't been funny. :shrug:

Since howard has been on vacation for weeks now I ended up listening to O&A. and when Howard gets back I will continue to listen to O&A. I LOL a lot more per hour with them.

Since howard has been on vacation for weeks now I ended up listening to O&A. and when Howard gets back I will continue to listen to O&A. I LOL a lot more per hour with them.
channel?
for online streaming its under Comedy/The Virus.and on the receiver its 197. I have the life time membership with sirius and I had to pay to get that best of XM package. IIRC it was $100 for lifetime. if you don't want to upgrade I heard good things about the jason ellis.

channel?
for online streaming its under Comedy/The Virus.and on the receiver its 197. I have the life time membership with sirius and I had to pay to get that best of XM package. IIRC it was $100 for lifetime. if you don't want to upgrade I heard good things about the jason ellis.
You can sample these shows at bite my torrent dot com.

What is Mr 80K a night doing driving a Nissan Sentra at his overpriced shore house? I wonder how far from my house this boob just got himself arrested? Does he not read the local crime roundup in the paper here? All the cops do are three things: arrest DUI, arrest buying liquor for underage, arrest shoplifters at Kohl's. I can't wait to see this on the smoking gun, so we can see the real police report.

my fiance just called and said they talked about it on the Howard 100 news today (my stiletto broke the other day. Good timing I guess with them on vacation, and thanks partially to you Lump I had enough cash to get a new one). She said they found out because there was an accident, with no one hurt

Artie said he could not talk too much about it (lawyer said so) but here is what happened from what I gather.

His mom was sick so he was heading out to get her some meds. On his way back he hit a couple of 20 year olds car (no major damage). Cops came, asked if he would do a breathalyzer and he did everything they asked. Artie said he blew a 0.0 and was not drunk or under in the influence of anything. Howard then asked why they would arrest him and Artie just said he cant talk about about it, but once he can he believes everything will blow over.

Since my friend was at a BBQ of his yesterday, I feel safe in assuming that they didn't hold him over or he was sweating this too much. But then again, I don't think he would be sweating this no matter what he had in his system.

Artie said he could not talk too much about it (lawyer said so) but here is what happened from what I gather.His mom was sick so he was heading out to get her some meds. On his way back he hit a couple of 20 year olds car (no major damage). Cops came, asked if he would do a breathalyzer and he did everything they asked. Artie said he blew a 0.0 and was not drunk or under in the influence of anything. Howard then asked why they would arrest him and Artie just said he cant talk about about it, but once he can he believes everything will blow over.
Well, are drugs included if you get arrested for DUI? If so, maybe they thought, hell this is Arturo Lange here and he smacked into a few cars while driving, so he must be high as a kite if he blew a Zero. Point. Zero.ALLEGEDLY.Quite frankly, if he his Mom was so sick that he had to rush to get her some meds, I'm more suprised that he didn't get arrested for hitting a cop or resisting arrest because he now couldn't get her the meds.ALLEGEDLY.

Users who are viewing this thread