What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (2 Viewers)

chet said:
Did they talk about Artie at all on today's show?
Only listened through the 9:00 hour, but really barely touched on it. After screwing around the first half hour, a caller brought it up and Howard basically just said that it is a private matter and that he wasn't really going to comment.

I wonder if Artie was really on leave or was let go. Losing his gig with the show could easily have pushed him over the edge.

I wonder if Artie was really on leave or was let go. Losing his gig with the show could easily have pushed him over the edge.
I'm not sure about that, he always seemed pretty surprised they had actually kept him this long. This is a guy who had physically attacked a co-worker, quit on air and they brought him right back.

he needs to go. i hope this is the final straw.i'm looking forward to the tryouts
:excited: If the guy can't make it on a regular basis, they need to replace him. I like Artie, but the show is not the same with just Robin & Howard. The show needs a 3rd voice.

Just an FYI:I called Sirius today, because my subscription was set to automatically renew on Dec 28th and informed them that I wanted to cancel my subscription because of the price, they offered me a 1 year deal for $77 for Sirius channels only. Truth be told I had no intentions of cancelling just wanted to see if I could get a better price and I ended after taxes being charged $88 instead of $188. Im quite happy with the deal.
Just did the same thing. I was all prepared to cancel, but $88 is a good price. Hopefully by this time next year we will know what Howard has planned for the future, but I doubt I will re-up at full price even if he signs on for another contract. I'm another one that thinks he is phoning it in more and more lately - one can really tell that the quality has dropped after listening to the "Best of" material.As for Artie, I think it's time to cut him loose already. It's getting harder and harder to find amusement in his material given his recent issues, and I listen for a laugh - not a depressing look into his ongoing problems.

As for Artie, I think it's time to cut him loose already. It's getting harder and harder to find amusement in his material given his recent issues, and I listen for a laugh - not a depressing look into his ongoing problems.
That's less his fault than it is Howard's. Ever since he started going to therapy 3 times a week, he feels the need to psychoanalyze everyone. It gets tiresome now and again.

I've read rumors that TMZ was all set to break the whole story yesterday, even announcing it in promos. They wound up not doing anything on it. Notice a lot of TMZ promotion on Howard's show today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the first leak I've seen on the latest Artie news...

Stern sidekick in suicide try

EDIT: I see there is another thread on this, sorry: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...50&start=50
ugh - depression and drugs is an awful combination - here is a guy who came from nowhere and should be having the time of his life and just can't enjoy it - I can't imagine how he could do that to his poor mom - anyone read his book - very interesting....get well soon Artie - but he needs to take care of himself and leave the show

Just an FYI:I called Sirius today, because my subscription was set to automatically renew on Dec 28th and informed them that I wanted to cancel my subscription because of the price, they offered me a 1 year deal for $77 for Sirius channels only. Truth be told I had no intentions of cancelling just wanted to see if I could get a better price and I ended after taxes being charged $88 instead of $188. Im quite happy with the deal.
Just did the same thing. I was all prepared to cancel, but $88 is a good price. Hopefully by this time next year we will know what Howard has planned for the future, but I doubt I will re-up at full price even if he signs on for another contract. I'm another one that thinks he is phoning it in more and more lately - one can really tell that the quality has dropped after listening to the "Best of" material.As for Artie, I think it's time to cut him loose already. It's getting harder and harder to find amusement in his material given his recent issues, and I listen for a laugh - not a depressing look into his ongoing problems.
I just called to cancel, but got a different deal: 5 mos for $12 total (2/month roughly). It knocks $60 off what I would've paid for the next 5 mos. and I can still call back in June to cancel or renegotiate. At that time, i'll probably be looking for new car and I don't know if I'd get Sirius again.

I just called to cancel, but got a different deal: 5 mos for $12 total (2/month roughly). It knocks $60 off what I would've paid for the next 5 mos. and I can still call back in June to cancel or renegotiate. At that time, i'll probably be looking for new car and I don't know if I'd get Sirius again.
Do you have to wait for your expiry date to threaten?A friend and I share an account, and we paid for 2 years in 2008, so we have 1 year left (Dec 28th) already paid in full.

Do you have to wait for your expiry date to threaten?A friend and I share an account, and we paid for 2 years in 2008, so we have 1 year left (Dec 28th) already paid in full.
Not sure - I have been on a monthly plan and it's been 15+ months since my last call to them (when I had them pay for new antenna for my car). The guy today said that if I'm not happy with things, to call back in June before my account switches to a quarterly plan at full rates. I have the total Sirius package FWIW.

another stern prediction about to become truth: Brangelina breakup. The gossip story is on the front page of msnbc right now, and i dont remember the exact show that Stern made this prediction. But, it was recently that he said they wouldn't last a year.

Obviously a lot of what Stern says/does is just for show. But, he seems to be spot on with many of his media/social predictions

another stern prediction about to become truth: Brangelina breakup. The gossip story is on the front page of msnbc right now, and i dont remember the exact show that Stern made this prediction. But, it was recently that he said they wouldn't last a year.Obviously a lot of what Stern says/does is just for show. But, he seems to be spot on with many of his media/social predictions
Speaking of predictions, did anyone hear the Tiger Woods special this past weekend? I missed it but supposedly they put all the clips together of him talking about Woods from many years ago. How he was gonna lose control because of how he's been trained so hard to play golf his whole life. Bob Schimmel's appearance was amazing today. Oh boy...

Ill tell ya what, I love Artie and think he has been dynamite for the show, but the last few weeks it seems like we are getting alot of the old Howard. He probably realizes he needs to step up since Artie isnt there to take a ton of the load, and he has been on fire. Pissed off at everything and its making some great radio.

Ill tell ya what, I love Artie and think he has been dynamite for the show, but the last few weeks it seems like we are getting alot of the old Howard. He probably realizes he needs to step up since Artie isnt there to take a ton of the load, and he has been on fire. Pissed off at everything and its making some great radio.
:thumbup: He's been as funny as I've ever heard him lately.

:goodposting: He's been as funny as I've ever heard him lately.
Agreed 100%. He had settled into being Artie's straight man over the last couple of years. With Artie being gone, the angry, edgy Howard is back.It also might be the same as a ballplayer suddenly working his ### off to have a great season when it's a contract year.Either way, it's been very entertaining.

:lmao: He's been as funny as I've ever heard him lately.
Agreed 100%. He had settled into being Artie's straight man over the last couple of years. With Artie being gone, the angry, edgy Howard is back.It also might be the same as a ballplayer suddenly working his ### off to have a great season when it's a contract year.Either way, it's been very entertaining.
I can only take so much manufactured schtik from Howard. I really miss Artie's comedy.

:shrug: He's been as funny as I've ever heard him lately.
I can only take so much manufactured schtik from Howard. I really miss Artie's comedy.
Agreed. Railing on Gary for an hour because he dared put a "stool" in his media room is not enjoyable radio.

Just witnessed my first live Stern crank call -- on Sportscenter tonight, they had an exclusive interview with Brian Westbrook after he'd been cut today.

It was a pretty typical interview...Westy said that he was going to miss playing in Philly, that he'd made a lot of friends both on and off the field...

...and then he said that he looked forward to spending the next several years massaging Howard Stern's prostate. :excited:

Just witnessed my first live Stern crank call -- on Sportscenter tonight, they had an exclusive interview with Brian Westbrook after he'd been cut today.It was a pretty typical interview...Westy said that he was going to miss playing in Philly, that he'd made a lot of friends both on and off the field......and then he said that he looked forward to spending the next several years massaging Howard Stern's prostate. :excited:
NICE! hopefully its up on youtube at some point.Janks doing Steve Bartman to Dan Patrick is great. Couldn't find it on internet last time I checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that live, in 2 seconds I said it was Janks...he reallly flustered Scott Van Pelt. Amazing he still gets on live shows so easy

How do these guys get in to be able to pull off these jokes? You'd think ESPN has some sort of security questions/measures in place to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen. :confused:

How do these guys get in to be able to pull off these jokes? You'd think ESPN has some sort of security questions/measures in place to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen. :confused:
And Janks has probably had to answer thousands of them. You make enough of these calls, you learn what to say to get on the air.I am kinda surprised he got in under the pretense of actually being Brian Westbrook, though.

And Janks has probably had to answer thousands of them. You make enough of these calls, you learn what to say to get on the air.I am kinda surprised he got in under the pretense of actually being Brian Westbrook, though.
you would think ESPN would have westbrook's agent or the team or somebody's phone number in a database and would be able to confirm his cell #.Did they really think that Westbrook's first priority on the day he's cut from the only team he's ever played for was to call SC.

Users who are viewing this thread