What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (2 Viewers)

Hmmm...no more Mike Walker game? :pickle:
seems to be gone along with the double news block and he's moving through the wrap-show segment much faster. streamlining the show and cutting the dead weight, so you really don't notice the difference in the length of the show.

i could listen to stern question jd 24 hours a day 7 days a week, he's the most entertaining thing on the show. grilling him on the cam girl this morning was awesome

Has he shortened the show?

I haven't been listening much but it seems like the news is starting before 9am CST.

Has he shortened the show?I haven't been listening much but it seems like the news is starting before 9am CST.
Yes. They should just get rid of the Robins news alltogether.I used to love the news, but now Howard just rushes through it. It was the best when they would let Gilbert Godfried sit in.

Has he shortened the show?I haven't been listening much but it seems like the news is starting before 9am CST.
Yes. They should just get rid of the Robins news alltogether.I used to love the news, but now Howard just rushes through it. It was the best when they would let Gilbert Godfried sit in.
That was the best, but Gilbert is not PC enough for the new Stern show revolution.

So the 7 o'clock break came and I had the show paused for 12 minutes as I was cleaning off the car. I forwarded through all 12 minutes and it still took half a Zeppelin song from Howard to come back live. That is a KRock length break.

I dont ever watch Letterman and after watching the other day, never will again but Howard was money.

The part about going around backstage and asking if they had had sex with Dave was awesome. My wife actually gasped out loud

he took over the show.

And his bit this morning about Tom Hanks son was pretty funny also

I'm sure it's been covered here...but I'm new to the thread and got satellite radio about 4 months ago.

Drove 9 hours one way over the holidays....my wife and I listened the History of Howard Stern the entire time....and it flew. Then again on the way back for parts we missed. Really well done.
:goodposting:

Beetlejuice speaking Spanish and Chinese = the greatest thing ever.I was dying laughing during that interview.
Great appearance by the Beet.I also liked when Gary the Re##rd was in and just said yes to everything. "that's Chinese, that's Chinese, that's Chinese" The man had a plan.

That's cool. Have to check it out. He's definitely into twitter. Will he actually do something different with it or just get sick of it and stop?

nothing he tweeted during the private parts broadcast wasn't included in HoHS act 4. i listened to the entire thing, twice, in the gym.

whenever twitter stops paying him, he'll stop.

jamny- actually, i do.

i read stern's contract from K-Rock off of one of the internet sites. the content ads were very valuable. i figure that this is no different. the quick "verification" by twitter seems to corroborate my theory.

the ads during this sirius contract are much more infiltrating the show than the previous contract's ads.

ShaqAttaq said:
jamny- actually, i do. i read stern's contract from K-Rock off of one of the internet sites. the content ads were very valuable. i figure that this is no different. the quick "verification" by twitter seems to corroborate my theory. the ads during this sirius contract are much more infiltrating the show than the previous contract's ads.
I don't doubt it's possible but I just tend to believe he's honest and just got into it because of his new phone.

I love Howard, but MY GOD does he ever take a good thing and run it into the ground!

How many times do you figure we heard "WINNING" today?

400? 500?

I love Howard, but MY GOD does he ever take a good thing and run it into the ground!

How many times do you figure we heard "WINNING" today?

400? 500?
to be fair to Howard everyone is doing it. If I heard it once today in work I heard it 100 times. The oldest(60+) guy in the office said he had tiger blood. It's just too contagious right now.

Fla Fla Flunkey got elected! :thumbup:

Howard Stern Show producer Gary "Baba Booey" Dell'Abate has won his fight to volunteer his time on the Parks and Recreation Board of Greenwich, Connecticut.Dell'Abate was voted into the position with a final count of 119-64. The results were announced at 9:50PM ET on March 14th, which also happened to be Baba Booey's 50th birthday. He has been embroiled in a battle with an anti-Howard Stern faction of Greenwich, Connecticut residents who opposed his appointment because of his association with the controversial talk jock.

Fla Fla Flunkey got elected! :thumbup:

Howard Stern Show producer Gary "Baba Booey" Dell'Abate has won his fight to volunteer his time on the Parks and Recreation Board of Greenwich, Connecticut.Dell'Abate was voted into the position with a final count of 119-64. The results were announced at 9:50PM ET on March 14th, which also happened to be Baba Booey's 50th birthday. He has been embroiled in a battle with an anti-Howard Stern faction of Greenwich, Connecticut residents who opposed his appointment because of his association with the controversial talk jock.
:thumbup:

"The flex schedule has not kicked in yet"

Anybody catch that little one this morning? Just freakin tell us

Anyone have the link of the kid getting bullied that he was talking about this morning? I can't find it on youtube.

"The flex schedule has not kicked in yet"Anybody catch that little one this morning? Just freakin tell us
He probably doesn't know yet. He clearly took less money to sign this new deal, but his ego is such that he didn't want to admit to taking a "pay cut." So I'm sure he negotiated fewer hours into his contract, so he could claim that he's receiving "even more compensation" than in the previous deal, he just neglects to mention that that statement is based on an hourly basis, rather than aggregate. Now he just has to figure out how to whittle down the hours of original programming with as little customer backlash as possible. He makes it tougher on himself the more he rags on Oprah for taking a paycheck from Sirius and never showing up. The situations are hardly comparable, but it's tough to bash her for "stealing from the company" while backing his own hours off. Some would find that mildly hypocritical, even though it really isn't.

Yep, he said repeatedly that it would occur sometime "far off in the future". Then finally said that would be in a few months.

Eh, the show isnt what is was in back in the day or even a few years ago. But, it's still the best $15 a month i'll spend

Last edited by a moderator:
it's disappointing that i don't listed nearly as much as before. it's just falling downhill. today should be interesting with news of the lawsuit

I've been a listener for a long time and I'm all but done.

I used to love the free-form nature of the show but it's become so contrived and forced over the past year.

I do think the celebrity bookings have been much better however the first hour of the show is spent with Howard talking about his iPhone, how he couldn't sleep, repartee with Robin, etc. It's the same thing - every time and it bores me to death. The amount of Richard and Sal we get is 5% of what it used to be when the show was at its peak on Sirius. Then I feel like there's a guest and quickly rushing through Langford and Jon Hein so he can get Robin to spit out the news stories and be gone. I miss the days when he and Artie would go on for a half hour tangent during one of Robin's news stories.

In comparison to the way the show used to be, it's so incredibly boring now.

Users who are viewing this thread