Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The past week was the 20th anniversary of the Gary Apology Tape. I can remember hearing it first on the radio which was hilarious, but then seeing it on the E! Channel took it to another level. H

Friggin Robin... They did all this preparation over the weekend, pulling of clips and dedicated a big part of the show to him this morning, and Robin didn't even know he died. Proves she does nothing

Artie was ok but the show was at it's best with Jackie Martling.

And as much as Howard says the 3 day work weeks will only be a summer thing. It's complete B.S.

Remember this?

2 - 24 hour a day channels and 12 hours of new content a week. What a joke.

Amazing clip. 5 yrs in and the only original show that is a regular, steady show has been the Joke Hunt. Amazing.

The guy has earned a retirment or shortened work week IMO - my problem is when he is on the air it is a shell of what it used to be...show is dying for a 3rd voice...I cant imagine it being like this for another 4.5 years

The guy has earned a retirment or shortened work week IMO - my problem is when he is on the air it is a shell of what it used to be...show is dying for a 3rd voice...I cant imagine it being like this for another 4.5 years

Yeah, the show's gotten a little old/fruity.Ron and Fez, 11 to 3.

Cancelled my sub today.

I hate being that cranky guy always #####ing but I was a big Howard rumpswab for years. I just can't get over how ####ty the show is now. Very few laughs, the same tired stuff over and over. I could give a #### about Miss Howard TV. Get Sal and Richard in there and stop rushing the damn show.

I'm out!

Add me to the list of disappointed fans. Since he signed the new contract the show has been horrible. He just rushes through the day, there's no creativity and there doesn't seem to be a lot to look forward to in the future. I haven't heard the show this week and I really don't even care. That's never happened to me before. I have no plans of dropping it and I hope things improve.

I am glad I'm not in the car as much as i used to be. Listening to Howard and Robin talk about vegtables and photography with the occasional fun guest is a far cry from the great stuff that went on during the Artie era. I won't be cancelling b/c FM radio is unfathomably bad but I won't miss the show when it is gone anymore.

Seems like that he's been on a new media tear since he signed the new contract. Always talking about his phones and Ronnie's twitter obsession. Who gives a flying ####? Some "revolution" in radio. :rolleyes:

At least Scotty Farrell is still there 5 nights a week. :shrug:

It's relative...I just got satellite a few months ago...this lesser version is still much better than what I've been listening to over the past 10 years.

:goodposting: I got the lifetime plan when Howard first went to Sirius, but the other day i left my Stilleto in my office and had to drive around for work the next day. It is amazing how horrible terrestial radio is. I haven't listened to as much classic rock as i used to so it is nice hearing the overplayed songs for the first time in awhile, but as far as a personality or any talk on the radio, Howard's worst day still trumps anything that I am able to listen to right now. I do agree though that adding another voice to the radio could really help the show out a bit. I believe they mentioned the other day that David Arquette was going to spend some time with them again and he meshes well with the show. i also imagine we will get a week of George again soon, and I enjoy those. havig a regular comedian in there would help it a bit when it gets a little stale, but i think he has tried bringing more of his staff in the studio. I heard a clip this week of him busting on Ronnie and Sal was in for almost the whole segment chiming in, and there wasn't really any other reason for him to be in there, so maybe they are trying some things out

I just don't get the 'topless' fascination. They had already done a phony phone call with these drops a long time ago. I didn't find this latest version any funnier, if anything it was repeating a bit. I guess I'm just anti-Ronny.

Anyone hear Norm on today? The bit with Rodney Dangerfield, the hookers and Ron Jeremy was awesome. That and the fact that Richard Pryor thinks he's teh #### were classic. Great interview.

When they said he had a "friend" with him to bring on the show today, Artie would have been a nice surprise...

Anyone hear Norm on today? The bit with Rodney Dangerfield, the hookers and Ron Jeremy was awesome. That and the fact that Richard Pryor thinks he's teh #### were classic. Great interview.

:goodposting:

Norm KILLED, Debbie the pet lady is RADIO. GOLD. ... I could listen to her for 72 hours straight, and the interview with Twitter's co-founder was really interesting also. I know many of you have complained about the show's content lately, but anyone who didn't enjoy today's show simply cannot be satisfied.

Debbie the pet lady is RADIO. GOLD. ... I could listen to her for 72 hours straight,

Funny, i can't stand the lady. have to say i didn't even give her much of a chance because she annoys the hell out of me, and I think she is putting on an act more so then others that have come across. I am the biggest JD and Eric the Actor fan, but this one I am just not feeling. Maybe it will grow on me, who knows

Debbie the pet lady is RADIO. GOLD. ... I could listen to her for 72 hours straight,

Funny, i can't stand the lady. have to say i didn't even give her much of a chance because she annoys the hell out of me, and I think she is putting on an act more so then others that have come across. I am the biggest JD and Eric the Actor fan, but this one I am just not feeling. Maybe it will grow on me, who knows
i don't think she is putting on an act, she is bat#### crazy.

That's no act, bro. She is straight up NUTS.

Though I have to admit it bothers me when she breaks down and cries. I feel like they exploit her too much.

That's no act, bro. She is straight up NUTS.

Though I have to admit it bothers me when she breaks down and cries. I feel like they exploit her too much.

I dont know if anyone heard Russ the caller a few days ago

Said Howard is slacking off and needed a 3rd voice. I know a lot of people here think the same thing

Howard basically said, this is the show. If you dont like it anymore, dont listen. He is not bringing a 3rd person in and he is very happy talking about computers and photography

Norm was great...he does seem a lot dumber (or maybe higher) in person than from seeing him on things like Weekend Update.

I didn't think Kevin Farley was very funny...but tough setting for him to be so probably.

I dont know if anyone heard Russ the caller a few days agoSaid Howard is slacking off and needed a 3rd voice. I know a lot of people here think the same thingHoward basically said, this is the show. If you dont like it anymore, dont listen. He is not bringing a 3rd person in and he is very happy talking about computers and photography

I heard that, I like all the computer and photography talk.It kills me when they talk about the computers and Robin mentions she went to the apple store and bought 4!!!! computers. What in the world does she need 4 computers for? Yet this seems completely normal to them.

Yep, he said repeatedly that it would occur sometime "far off in the future". Then finally said that would be in a few months.

Eh, the show isnt what is was in back in the day or even a few years ago. But, it's still the best $15 a month i'll spend

For what its worth, my annual subscription ran out this week and after telling the sales rep that I was probably going to cancel at $169/year she transferred me to another rep who immediately offered me the same plan for $86/year.

this times a million. Now that she has the attn, she has ramped things up and it is all fake.

It is what it is.....I have a ton of old stern clips on my ipod and I find myself listening to those more than the new shows. Once in a while they have a good one but most of the time he is phoning it in. It just seems like he is getting bitter and trying to strip down the show - maybe has something to do with recent lawsuit he filed....

No Artie....no one to fill the chair....minimal new bits.....no roasts....no new content for 101....cut hrs of show...more time off....more obvious product placement/promotion...celeb butt kiss...Hampton Howie

Howard in his 20's and 30s would be disgusted at what he has become now.....but that would be true for a bunch of people!

Howard and Howie Mandel was another home run interview. When Howie was talking about the toilet bowl front clean feature spraying his nuts like a boxer hits a speed bag, I was doubled over laughing. Still like how that after all these years Howard can get celebs to tell so much more then any other interviewer. I know it helps that Howie Mandel is obviously a listener and fan of the show, but he still gets the most out of him.

Norm was great...he does seem a lot dumber (or maybe higher) in person than from seeing him on things like Weekend Update. I didn't think Kevin Farley was very funny...but tough setting for him to be so probably.

I would never call Norm dumb. Not necessarily a news junkie, if that's what you were thinking, but a very clever mind and he's smarter than he might want you to think. His slow delivery is just part of his shtick.

George Takei is awesome.

Oh, and Steve Langford didn't do anything incredibly wrong. Even Takei didn't seem to mind. But, it's Stern's world and we all just live in it.

Edited by Brady Marino

Langfords daughter interviewed Takei for a school project. Howard said don't do that to my guests. Langford blabbered about Howard shouldn't have talked about his daughter on the air. Stupid.

Agreed. All it did was make Howard look like a giant ####### #######.

Takei is great.

Been meaning to ask this for a couple of weeks but I kept forgetting.

Every now and then when Robin starts to talk, Fred plays this thing with a bunch of musical horns... it's kind of "Jewey-sounding" and it has only four notes. Can I get the back-story here? I must have missed the show when this all started.

Been meaning to ask this for a couple of weeks but I kept forgetting.Every now and then when Robin starts to talk, Fred plays this thing with a bunch of musical horns... it's kind of "Jewey-sounding" and it has only four notes. Can I get the back-story here? I must have missed the show when this all started.

That's been going on for months now (maybe even a year).It's her theme music. I guess its supposed to be some sort of regal sounding anthem announcing her arrival.

Been meaning to ask this for a couple of weeks but I kept forgetting.Every now and then when Robin starts to talk, Fred plays this thing with a bunch of musical horns... it's kind of "Jewey-sounding" and it has only four notes. Can I get the back-story here? I must have missed the show when this all started.

That's been going on for months now (maybe even a year).It's her theme music. I guess its supposed to be some sort of regal sounding anthem announcing her arrival.
Thanks. Sounds like the type of music Howard plays when he reenacts his classes at the Synagogue as a youth.