Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Been meaning to ask this for a couple of weeks but I kept forgetting.Every now and then when Robin starts to talk, Fred plays this thing with a bunch of musical horns... it's kind of "Jewey-sounding" and it has only four notes. Can I get the back-story here? I must have missed the show when this all started.

It goes back to when she went to Guatemala, when she went to one of those feasts or rituals. I'm not sure if it was the actual song they played or one that Fred found. It was funny the first 750 times they played it but I still prefer the original theme. Or Fred can at least mix them up a bit, like he needs to do with all of the sound effects.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The past week was the 20th anniversary of the Gary Apology Tape. I can remember hearing it first on the radio which was hilarious, but then seeing it on the E! Channel took it to another level. H

Friggin Robin... They did all this preparation over the weekend, pulling of clips and dedicated a big part of the show to him this morning, and Robin didn't even know he died. Proves she does nothing

Artie was ok but the show was at it's best with Jackie Martling.

Been meaning to ask this for a couple of weeks but I kept forgetting.Every now and then when Robin starts to talk, Fred plays this thing with a bunch of musical horns... it's kind of "Jewey-sounding" and it has only four notes. Can I get the back-story here? I must have missed the show when this all started.

It goes back to when she went to Guatemala, when she went to one of those feasts or rituals. I'm not sure if it was the actual song they played or one that Fred found. It was funny the first 750 times they played it but I still prefer the original theme. Or Fred can at least mix them up a bit, like he needs to do with all of the sound effects.
It's an actual song from her trip to Guatemala. She just started blogging during the trip and updated it daily with pics and videos. The song was some kind of parade going by and Howard insisted it be her new song.

It's an actual song from her trip to Guatemala. She just started blogging during the trip and updated it daily with pics and videos. The song was some kind of parade going by and Howard insisted it be her new song.
They also found it particularly funny because they thought that it sounded a lot like the street festival in Godfather II when Vito is stalking Fanucci.

Awesome shows the past 2 weeks. Crazy that Courtney Cox actually showed up today and had basically a therapy session with David

missed this. that is pretty crazy.
She just walked into the studio on the west coast feed!!

can't wait to hear this

takei last week, arquette this week....the show has been sooooooo good.

menunos today was AWESOME

"hit that bomb" ........ "shut that bomb off"

Awesome shows the past 2 weeks. Crazy that Courtney Cox actually showed up today and had basically a therapy session with David

missed this. that is pretty crazy.
She just walked into the studio on the west coast feed!!

can't wait to hear this

takei last week, arquette this week....the show has been sooooooo good.

menunos today was AWESOME

I went out for lunch and only caught him going OFF on the tabloids. Maybe on the ride home replay. Goodstuff.

I only caught a bit but where else are you going to get something like that

Honestly sounds like she knows it won't work but does love him and wants to wait to see. In the words of sting

If you love someone, set them free IMO

funny it just so happened to be a Thursday show. They are getting pretty good at that.

I don't think they knew but it was strange that it happened just after the scream 4 stuff

funny it just so happened to be a Thursday show. They are getting pretty good at that.

I don't think they knew but it was strange that it happened just after the scream 4 stuff
I'm not saying it wasn't genuine, but it was calculated. No way she walks in on a Tuesday. The rest of the week would have been a let down.Classic quid pro quo. Give me good radio, I give you a week to build some nice buzz around Scream 4.

Agreed that the show has been solid of late. Having someone in the Artie seat REALLY helps.

Arquette was interesting. I don't know if he's just not used to being up that early or if the guy sounds like he's constantly stoned. But, he was entertaining to say the least. Hopefully he becomes a permanent addition.

Agreed that the show has been solid of late. Having someone in the Artie seat REALLY helps.Arquette was interesting. I don't know if he's just not used to being up that early or if the guy sounds like he's constantly stoned. But, he was entertaining to say the least. Hopefully he becomes a permanent addition.

His occasional giggle was :moneybag: and sorta infectious

Agreed that the show has been solid of late. Having someone in the Artie seat REALLY helps.Arquette was interesting. I don't know if he's just not used to being up that early or if the guy sounds like he's constantly stoned. But, he was entertaining to say the least. Hopefully he becomes a permanent addition.

If you believe anything Howard says, it will not happenHe also needs to time to do the parrot voice on Jake and the neverland pirates. Its my daughters favorite show

Really? That kept me away from the show for 3 days. Not an Arquette fan at all.

thats a shame, you missed 3 incredible shows IMO. but yeah i could see him getting annoying if he was a permanent fixture. Would really love to see someone fill the artie chair every week though. even if it just rotates like the past 2 weeks

thats a shame, you missed 3 incredible shows IMO. but yeah i could see him getting annoying if he was a permanent fixture. Would really love to see someone fill the artie chair every week though. even if it just rotates like the past 2 weeks
yeah, I love David Arquette and think he fits right in but he seems to have a lot of different things going on that might keep him from taking it on full time. At the very least hopefully Howard has come to realize that a different voice on the show adds a lot to it. It's been a good two weeks.

yeah, I love David Arquette and think he fits right in but he seems to have a lot of different things going on that might keep him from taking it on full time. At the very least hopefully Howard has come to realize that a different voice on the show adds a lot to it. It's been a good two weeks.
guy has a great life going out, at the madhouse, work on the occasional movie, is his own boss. no way he would give that up to have to live in NY full-time and get up at 4 am every day (well, maybe with the new schedule . . .)

I have a stilletto so i have a lot of the shows on the memory on that thing. I have been listening to that part for the last week and still laugh every time Funk Master Flex does that. Great stuff Edited by modogg

3 day weeks are coming around summer time

I was listening to 101 yesterday when they played this

I thought it was pretty funny. Gary is money with it

• 3 weeks later...

I believe this is now the second week in a row with the 3 day work week.

In addition the shorter show has resulted in my drive in time slot being replayed during my drive home, so I am only getting an hour of show a day for 3 days a week. Ugh.

I believe this is now the second week in a row with the 3 day work week.

In addition the shorter show has resulted in my drive in time slot being replayed during my drive home, so I am only getting an hour of show a day for 3 days a week. Ugh.

It's frustrating when you get in the car and it's the same part of the show as the drive in.

He had a 3 day week 2 weeks ago, 4 days last week and then 3 days this week.

The artie/stuttering john/OJ bit this morning was awesome. Makes me miss artie on the show.

I think Shuli should sit in the Artie chair. Granted it was only a few minutes, but he was $$$ while in there yesterday

Rather have Sal give it a shot for a week

Todd Phillips went hard-core honest about Robin, echoing the same things frustratingly said in this thread many times over. Although Howard went into denial mode, at least he picked up on it being genuine and not glossing over it thinking Phillps was being funny.

Todd Phillips went hard-core honest about Robin, echoing the same things frustratingly said in this thread many times over. Although Howard went into denial mode, at least he picked up on it being genuine and not glossing over it thinking Phillps was being funny.

Hilariously enough, Phillips mentioned the thing where she repeats Stern, and she did it FIVE MINUTES LATER. It's when Howard muses if they could make a third Hangover film.BTW, this was apparently spurred by Robin saying that "no one" saw Due Date, even though it made $220mm. Awesome to hear.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a smile plastered on my face during the entire segment with Howard's father.

Asking his dad if he fingered his mother before marriage is why Howard is the greatest of all-time. :lmao: :lmao:

And Ben is such a likable guy.