Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I had a smile plastered on my face during the entire segment with Howard's father.Asking his dad if he fingered his mother before marriage is why Howard is the greatest of all-time. :lmao: :lmao: And Ben is such a likable guy.

I didn't get to hear the segment with his mom, but I'm glad to hear his father still sounds good.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The past week was the 20th anniversary of the Gary Apology Tape. I can remember hearing it first on the radio which was hilarious, but then seeing it on the E! Channel took it to another level. H

Friggin Robin... They did all this preparation over the weekend, pulling of clips and dedicated a big part of the show to him this morning, and Robin didn't even know he died. Proves she does nothing

Artie was ok but the show was at it's best with Jackie Martling.

:yawn: Another day off for the laziest man in show business.

I wish someone would figure out how many minutes of actual talking/comedy are in a show each day. Not counting playing music/tired old phony phone calls/live ads. I'd be willing to bet it's less than two hours. Which makes for a whopping 6 hours a week this guy 'performs'. And he has the nerve to sue Sirius for money owed?? What a joke.

:yawn: Another day off for the laziest man in show business.

I wish someone would figure out how many minutes of actual talking/comedy are in a show each day. Not counting playing music/tired old phony phone calls/live ads. I'd be willing to bet it's less than two hours. Which makes for a whopping 6 hours a week this guy 'performs'. And he has the nerve to sue Sirius for money owed?? What a joke.

:rolleyes: So who are the entertainers that provide you with 12-16 hours a week of entertainment?

:yawn: Another day off for the laziest man in show business.I wish someone would figure out how many minutes of actual talking/comedy are in a show each day. Not counting playing music/tired old phony phone calls/live ads. I'd be willing to bet it's less than two hours. Which makes for a whopping 6 hours a week this guy 'performs'. And he has the nerve to sue Sirius for money owed?? What a joke.

So he should be working for free or less then the agreed upon contractI would love to see you take less from your job just because

:yawn: Another day off for the laziest man in show business.I wish someone would figure out how many minutes of actual talking/comedy are in a show each day. Not counting playing music/tired old phony phone calls/live ads. I'd be willing to bet it's less than two hours. Which makes for a whopping 6 hours a week this guy 'performs'. And he has the nerve to sue Sirius for money owed?? What a joke.

So he should be working for free or less then the agreed upon contractI would love to see you take less from your job just because
:goodposting:

:goodposting:
i would love the haters to explain to me why they still listen? If he annoys you or you don't like the shows, then don't listen

My most recent, 6 month, promo ($6.50/month) ran out last week. I called in to "cancel" and while on hold I truly thought to myself, "If they call my bluff, I'm ok with really cancelling. I only use it for Stern, and at 3 days a week now I wouldn't have a hard time filling that with podcasts during my commute."

They offered me a year for $70 to stay, which I took. But that was the first time since I've had Sirius (2005) where I really wasn't bluffing when calling to cancel. I'm not down on the show as much as I recognize that the quantity/quality of it isn't worth the full price of ~$180 a year.

My most recent, 6 month, promo ($6.50/month) ran out last week. I called in to "cancel" and while on hold I truly thought to myself, "If they call my bluff, I'm ok with really cancelling. I only use it for Stern, and at 3 days a week now I wouldn't have a hard time filling that with podcasts during my commute."They offered me a year for $70 to stay, which I took. But that was the first time since I've had Sirius (2005) where I really wasn't bluffing when calling to cancel. I'm not down on the show as much as I recognize that the quantity/quality of it isn't worth the full price of ~$180 a year.

I cancelled yesterday. They offered to keep me on for free until the end of the year but I literally NEVER use it anymore.

Wow this might be worthy of its own thread. Artie returns to radio tonight. Check this out....http://www.nickdip.com/site/news/fox-sports-radio-filling-in-for-tony-bruno-2/

Whoa! Good looking out. He sounds great! :thumbup: I would have missed this. I go to sleep to FSR every night, but I don't tune in until 1am.

He really does sound great. Still cracking himself up too.

Only mention of Stern show I heard was that he would LOVE to go back but he put all of them in such a horrible position he understands if he never gets to. Loves them all and they were all great to him at his dream job.

• 2 weeks later...

Which of Howard's impressions do you like better: his mother or his father?

That's a tough one. I think his dad, but that one is better in short bursts, while his mother stays funnier over extended monologues. I think both need each other to hit their true comic heights.

I'd love to hear a replay of the first time Fred played his mom's "Hello" Howard totally fell for it thinking his mom was on the phone and there was something wrong with the phone system. Hilarious.

I think Evilgrin hit it on the head. His impression of his father makes me LOL more since it's usually a quick burst but there's so much more depth to the humor with his mom imitation.

His mom when talks about parting hairs :lmao:

"NO!" (in his mother voice)Personally, I love when he does both of them, having a conversation. The interplay between the two is what gets me.

Artie/DiPaolo sports/comedy radio show to become a full-time thing. Awesome.http://www.laughspin.com/2011/07/21/artie-lange-confirms-his-return-to-radio-new-show-debuts-sept-12/

This is awesome news

Which of Howard's impressions do you like better: his mother or his father?

I can listen to him do his dad's whole meal schedule like everyday and laugh like crazy every time.The sardines on the frozen white bread, the blueberries in the yogurt, the halibut, the cereal rotation....absolute gold

I can understand not having Artie back as a full time nenber - but why the heck is Howie not having him on as a guest? Most compelling Stern story out there and he is ignoring it.....he really is throwing in the towel...the lawsuit vs Sirius has clinched it....he does exactly what he has to do and thats it.

BTW - Langford out as of last week...quit...again no mention in the Stern black hole - people are just gone

I can understand not having Artie back as a full time nenber - but why the heck is Howie not having him on as a guest? Most compelling Stern story out there and he is ignoring it.....he really is throwing in the towel...the lawsuit vs Sirius has clinched it....he does exactly what he has to do and thats it.

BTW - Langford out as of last week...quit...again no mention in the Stern black hole - people are just gone

wow, didn't know that. He was good on the show.

He probably got tired of making 70k a year living in NYC. I love Howard. But he does not pay anyone anything. JD makes like 800/week and provides an hour a week in entertainment. Stuttering John was no genius but he was worth a lot more to the show then the peanuts Howard offered. Yeah there is always another goofball to come off the streets but sometimes you go to take care of your own. Howard doesn't. He's a bastard but that's part of the appeal.

What channel is O&A on?

I've said this before, but it's worth repeating. It's ironic that Howard used to rip Imus for being old, over the hill, not connected with the current generation etc., and now howard's that guy.

Don't get me started on Robin. Complete waste of space who hit the lottery by hooking up with Howard.

What channel is O&A on? I've said this before, but it's worth repeating. It's ironic that Howard used to rip Imus for being old, over the hill, not connected with the current generation etc., and now howard's that guy. Don't get me started on Robin. Complete waste of space who hit the lottery by hooking up with Howard.

I dont think its Howards age, I think he clearly lost his every man appeal. I have been a listener since the mid 80's so as he has grown so have I. I tried O & A and I thought they were absolutely brutal.

He probably got tired of making 70k a year living in NYC. I love Howard. But he does not pay anyone anything. JD makes like 800/week and provides an hour a week in entertainment. Stuttering John was no genius but he was worth a lot more to the show then the peanuts Howard offered. Yeah there is always another goofball to come off the streets but sometimes you go to take care of your own. Howard doesn't. He's a bastard but that's part of the appeal.
:shrug:

That seems about the right pay for those two. Maybe even a little too much, imo.

What channel is O&A on? I've said this before, but it's worth repeating. It's ironic that Howard used to rip Imus for being old, over the hill, not connected with the current generation etc., and now howard's that guy. Don't get me started on Robin. Complete waste of space who hit the lottery by hooking up with Howard.

I dont think its Howards age, I think he clearly lost his every man appeal. I have been a listener since the mid 80's so as he has grown so have I. I tried O & A and I thought they were absolutely brutal.
I got into O&A for a few years, all the way up to the Sex for Sam fiasco. They did some wild stuff, but it was mostly on the talent of Anthony, imo. I haven't heard them since though. Also liked Ron and Fez back then. Both of them are hilarious.I don't know when or where either show is on nowadays.

I got into O&A for a few years, all the way up to the Sex for Sam fiasco. They did some wild stuff, but it was mostly on the talent of Anthony, imo. I haven't heard them since though. Also liked Ron and Fez back then. Both of them are hilarious.I don't know when or where either show is on nowadays.
XM 105, Sirius 206. Ron and Fez are on 11 to 3, although they've been on a bit of a break lately. :unsure: That said, Ronnie's the funniest guy on radio. Any radio.

XM 105, Sirius 206. Ron and Fez are on 11 to 3, although they've been on a bit of a break lately. :unsure: That said, Ronnie's the funniest guy on radio. Any radio.
Gotta pay extra for 206?

What channel is O&A on?

I've said this before, but it's worth repeating. It's ironic that Howard used to rip Imus for being old, over the hill, not connected with the current generation etc., and now howard's that guy.

Don't get me started on Robin. Complete waste of space who hit the lottery by hooking up with Howard.

I agree, and i would love to hear the appeal to those guys. I'd be willing to try them again, but i just could not figure the love for these guys.

I have also listened to Howard since the late 80's/early 90's, and my guess is that some of the things Howard is doing is influenced by his eventual leaving of radio (cutting down the days, etc.). I do not think it is that far-fetched that some of the Stern fans would not be able to deal with a sudden cut to the 5 days a week they would be accustomed to. I'm sure i am looking too much into this, but my guess is he has talked about this with his psychiatrist, and this is the best way for him to depart considering many people have been listening to him practically everyday more than they have listened to anybody else.

What channel is O&A on?

I got into O&A for a few years, all the way up to the Sex for Sam fiasco. They did some wild stuff, but it was mostly on the talent of Anthony, imo. I haven't heard them since though. Also liked Ron and Fez back then. Both of them are hilarious.

I don't know when or where either show is on nowadays.

XM 105, Sirius 206.

Ron and Fez are on 11 to 3, although they've been on a bit of a break lately. :unsure: That said, Ronnie's the funniest guy on radio. Any radio.

Gotta pay extra for 206?
:confused::whistle:

What channel is O&A on?

I got into O&A for a few years, all the way up to the Sex for Sam fiasco. They did some wild stuff, but it was mostly on the talent of Anthony, imo. I haven't heard them since though. Also liked Ron and Fez back then. Both of them are hilarious.

XM 105, Sirius 206.

Ron and Fez are on 11 to 3, although they've been on a bit of a break lately. :unsure: That said, Ronnie's the funniest guy on radio. Any radio.

Gotta pay extra for 206?

What channel is O&A on?

XM 105, Sirius 206.

Gotta pay extra for 206?
Sterngeek.com. FYI. :thumbup:

In the linked article Artie mentions he will be on as a guest but this morning a caller asked about Artie and once again Howard berated them that Artie is sick and he's not coming back. He also shut down a potential guest visit because they do not want the details. Howard really does not like the subject of Artie - it makes him very uncomfortable.

Finally found what is probably my favorite Sal and Richard prank call.

They just terrorize that kid who has the "Talking Yankees" show. :lol:

The whole thing is great, but if you can only listen to one part, skip ahead to the 1:00 mark when Sal tells the story about going to a Yankee game with his father for the first time. Holy s##t! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_oQxI_eJE