What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (5 Viewers)

Rides at DLR and WDW.  What's the same?  What's different?

Magic Kingdom and Disneyland have generally the same layout and a lot of shared attractions.  Disneyland is a bit larger and has more open-air attractions given the weather in Anaheim every day is about 70 degrees and sunny.  Magic Kingdom does not have New Orleans Square, Critter Country, or Toon Town.  

As far as rides go... working "left to right" relative to Main Street...  

Both have Jungle Cruise (pretty much the same), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL is a longer more involved ride, but same story), Splash Mountain (MK's is longer, a much bigger splash hill), Haunted Mansion (MK's is about where Big Thunder is at DL, more interactive queue, does not have the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay), Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (MK's is much closer to Splash Mountain, slight variations on layout but pretty much the same).  

MK does not have an Indiana Jones ride.  With no Critter Country, they put the Pooh ride and character greet in Fantasyland.  In Adventureland they dropped a kid-friendly Aladdin-themed "magic carpet ride" similar to Dumbo where the kids can steer the carpets up and down while they circle around a hub.    

MK does not have Fantasmic.  It's in its own theater at DHS.

MK doesn't have the volume of kid-speed dark rides in Fantasyland: no Mr Toad, Pinocchio, Snow White, or Alice In Wonderland.  Pooh is about where Alice is at DL.  Instead of Pinocchio and Snow White, they have "Philharmagic", a 4-D theater attraction.  It's A Small World is smaller in MK and nowhere near the spectacle - it's stuffed into Fantasyland near Peter Pan.  Both have Dumbo, Peter Pan (MK's queue is an interactive walkthrough of the kids' rooms; really cool), the teacups, a carousel, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.  The castle in MK is modeled after Cinderella's, it's built up so it shows higher in your sightline, has a big stage in front of it for show, and there's a restaurant inside it that has princess meet-and-greets.  

MK does not have Storyland Canal, the Matterhorn, or a big area to sow off It's A Small World. Instead there's an expanded area unique in architecture to MK but with some overlap attractions.  The Little Mermaid dark ride at DCA you can walk right on frequently has a long line at Fantasyland.  There's a kid-speed Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster that can rock some amazing wait times because it's relatively new.  (There's also a storytelling attraction and some places to eat and drink)

Tomorrowland features Space Mountain.  It doesn't have the Halloween or Star Wars overlays.  Buzz Lightyear is there but on the other side of the walkway.  Star Tours exists in Orlando but it's at Hollywood Studios, not Tomorrowland.  Autopia is the Tomorrowland Speedway, themed more about being in a race than a leisurely drive.  There isn't the open patio at the Tomorrowland QSR, it's not Star Wars-themed, and the Jedi Training experience is at Hollywood Studios.  No submarines.  No theater showing EO or stuff like that - that's at Epcot.  Both have Astro Orbiter, but MK doesn't have the bonus pilot ride above the pizza QSR.  Instead there's a "Tomorrowland People Mover", a train that tours Tomorrowland.

For you DLR regulars, I have bad news.  There isn't an equivalent to Disney California Adventure, and there isn't another park a short walk from the MK gate.  So where are the DCA attractions?

Cars Land - DCA exclusive.  Closest thing to Radiator Springs Racers is Test Track at Epcot.  Nothing like Mater or Luigi in Orlando.

Soarin' - Epcot.  Same show.  Lines will be a lot longer at Epcot than you see at DCA, especially early in the day.

Tower Of Terror - Hollywood Studios (DHS).  DHS is keeping the Twilight Zone storyline - the Guardians Of The Galaxy rebuild is a DCA exclusive.

Little Mermaid - Fantasyland at MK.  More interesting queue and outside, same ride on inside.

Toy Story Mania - DHS.  Games are the same, but the queue and whole experience at DHS is more immersive.  

California Screamin' - WDW doesn't like to have big outdoor coasters because it rains too often.  The closest thrill-wise to Screamin is the Aerosmith Rock and Rollercoaster at DHS, but RnR is a much different experience given it's inside, darker, and you have random Aerosmith medleys in your speakers instead of the same Screamin carnival theme.  

Grizzly River Run - equivalent is Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom.

A Bug's Land - not reproduced in Orlando.  It's Tough To Be A Bug plays at Animal Kingdom.  Similar size and scope of kids' rides and play is a kids' section at AK, but it's not Pixar-themed.

World Of Color - nothing like it in Orlando.  Yet.

So what's unique to the satellite parks in Orlando?

Epcot - Test Track is the biggest thrill ride there.  You go through a queue themed at designing cars of the future, then ride in a performance test of a test car, including a high-speed lap at the finish that gets into the high 60s.  Mission: Space seems like it should be a thrill ride but doesn't really do much - you press a few buttons, you survive.  Ellen's Energy Adventure is a 37-minute dark ride and video experience best done when you need an air-conditioned nap on a hot day.  I like to go there right after eating and sleep it off.  There's a log flume ride that used to be Vikings themed but now tells a Frozen story.  Better get in line now if you want to ride it this summer.  Epcot also has Soarin'.  If you get there at rope drop, you gotta go for either Test Track or Soarin'.  
Overall, Epcot's jewel - the World Showcase - it's about the rides.  It's about experiencing different cultures, meeting people from around the world, and sampling tasty food and drink from all over the globe.ov

DHS - the Aerosmith Rock and Rollercoaster is IMO the best thrill ride in WDW.  I like the LA freeway theme, and I dig Aerosmith's music, so I may be a bit biased.  But I like the dark loop and corkscrew.  DHS also has Tower Of Terror (still Twilight Zone hotel theme), Star Tours (in 2019 or 2020 will be home to the Star Wars Land also being built at Disneyland), Toy Story Mania (worth going through the queue to get the full Andy's Room experience, go either here or RnR at rope drop).  The Great Movie Ride is a dud that should be shut down but the park is so sparse right now (two major areas are inaccessible due to Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land construction) they have to keep it open to offer something.
Gotta plug the Beauty And The Beast show - it's a walkthrough of the songs from the musical, much leaner and faster than the full musical.
And Fantasmic doesn't have the kick of breaking out in the middle of Disneyland, but is still well-executed and you can sit in bleachers for it.   

AK - best coaster there is Everest.  This is NOT Matterhorn on a different mountain; it is so much better.  I'm not a fan of the Dinosaur dark ride, but others dig it.  There's an animal safari that doesn't drive fast but does give you close views of animals from all over the world.  It really is special; try to do it before it gets too hot and the animals just sit around.  There's also Kali River Rapids (similar to other river raft rides at amusement parks everywhere, you will get wet), and a few little kid rides.  
Gotta plug the Lion King and Finding Nemo shows at AK.  They are up there with the old Aladdin show at DCA.  The Festival of the Lion King doesn't retell the story, but does walk through the songs.  
AK is getting two big bumps this year.  The Rivers Of Light show is drawing comparisons to World Of Color.  We'll see when it opens, but Disney has put years into developing it.  And Pandora, an Avatar-themed park section James Cameron himself consulted on, has been pretty much kept under wraps and opens May 27.

Rides at DLR and WDW.  What's the same?  What's different?
Awesome overview, thank you!!  I assumed MK would be multi-day for us, but in looking at the list of rides and how many of the DL ones are at other parks at WDW, that may not be the case after all. 

Funny that you say Anaheim is always 70 degrees...  last summer we ended up in a heat wave during our trip, and was over 100 two of the days, topping out at 106 on the worst day - we chose to make that one a beach day, where it was only 80. But on the other 100+ day we braved the parks. The heat just beat people down in the afternoon while we took a break, and the park was empty when we went back in the evening.  Nearly every ride was a walk-on, including the big headliners. This was in late June. It was crazy how empty it was.

We were out there at about the same time last summer on a trip up the coast.  Had a day scheduled at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, but when the forecast said 105 in the desert-y area of SDZSP, we ate the tickets and went to the beach instead.  Worked out fine - a pack of sea lions were hanging out in La Jolla with their newborns, could walk right up to them on the beach.

Anybody paid for the Express Transportation option?  My wife mentioned it to me but thought it was free with an AP or Park Hopper option.  I'd consider paying for it as an add-on to the AP if it was good for the year.  $150 just seems like too much to pay for 7 days - could call Uber and get the speedy transportation and Just deal with the line to get in.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/express-transportation-options/
Our last trip we stayed at the Poly and Uber'ed to and from AK and HS.  It changed our whole Disney experience.  It was fantastic not waiting in bus lines and lugging strollers on and off crowded buses. 

I would have to go back and look for sure, but most of our trips were in the $15 range.  And that was for the Uber XL. 

Awesome overview, thank you!!  I assumed MK would be multi-day for us, but in looking at the list of rides and how many of the DL ones are at other parks at WDW, that may not be the case after all. 

Funny that you say Anaheim is always 70 degrees...  last summer we ended up in a heat wave during our trip, and was over 100 two of the days, topping out at 106 on the worst day - we chose to make that one a beach day, where it was only 80. But on the other 100+ day we braved the parks. The heat just beat people down in the afternoon while we took a break, and the park was empty when we went back in the evening.  Nearly every ride was a walk-on, including the big headliners. This was in late June. It was crazy how empty it was.
yea, its interesting on how there is a decent amount of attraction crossover but often staged in a whole different way, i.e  the Haunted Mansion in Liberty Sq vs N.O. Sq.

Of those, I like a lot of DL's better then WDW's, Pirates,  Big Thunder and Small World (I know) for example are the same, but just better at DL. Don't get me started on the Indiana Jones/Dinosaur thing. As a whole, I like the Magic Kingdom in DL slightly better....could be nostalgia, but it ranks higher by a nose hair for me.

But I think what you will appreciate is the overall scale of WDW and how it allows for the parks to really stand on their own. Yes, Star tours is in both parks but at the Studios, it just has room to be a little more immersive from the outside. You really get a sense of being lost (in a good way) in the WDW parks b/c they have more room to tell their story.

Plus, whichever resort you chose, really ups the ante b/c compared to the DL resorts, these are each their own worlds with real elaborate setting and overall theming.

Back at WDW, apparently there have been some construction permits filed for a collection off upright structures. And the chatter is that it maybe part of a new gondola transportation network around property. Yes, you heard it correctly, Gondolas may be in the works to connect Epcot, Disney studios, The Art of Animation, Boardwalk and Caribbean Beach resorts. 

As much as I would love a new monorail line, it just is not going to happen. These look cool...a far cry from the original Magic Kingdom Skyway, but IDK, the route looks confusing. I know there is a big push to add to the Caribbean beach, maybe adding some DVC rooms, so maybe this is something to call a perk, like the monorail at the MK resorts. We wil lsee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, WDW is definitely a more immersive experience, especially if you stay on-property.  The resorts are amusement parks in their own way, something DLR tries to match with the Grand California Hotel and refurbishments to the original Disneyland Hotel, but can't quite match.  WDW food is its own adventure and culture, both in the parks and the resorts.  DLR has really good corndog and churro carts, but no restaurant row like Epcot World Showcase.

As convenient as it is to wake up at the Park Vue Inn on Harbor Blvd and be about a 10-minute walk from your hotel room to the front gates of DL and DCA, it can't match the majesty of taking the ferryboat or monorail from the TTC to MK entrance.  Or the boat from the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge to the MK docks.  

The Cast Members are better overall at WDW, too.  I've heard some awesome stories from DLR cast members who have worked there 30-40 years, but there's also a lot of staff who are Orange County locals there working a summer or seasonal job and that's it.  People literally come from all over the world to work at WDW.       

Yeah, WDW is definitely a more immersive experience, especially if you stay on-property.  The resorts are amusement parks in their own way, something DLR tries to match with the Grand California Hotel and refurbishments to the original Disneyland Hotel, but can't quite match.  WDW food is its own adventure and culture, both in the parks and the resorts.  DLR has really good corndog and churro carts, but no restaurant row like Epcot World Showcase.

As convenient as it is to wake up at the Park Vue Inn on Harbor Blvd and be about a 10-minute walk from your hotel room to the front gates of DL and DCA, it can't match the majesty of taking the ferryboat or monorail from the TTC to MK entrance.  Or the boat from the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge to the MK docks.  

The Cast Members are better overall at WDW, too.  I've heard some awesome stories from DLR cast members who have worked there 30-40 years, but there's also a lot of staff who are Orange County locals there working a summer or seasonal job and that's it.  People literally come from all over the world to work at WDW.       
Fn via Napoli waiters 

As somebody who is considering heading out west, this was an interesting read as well.

Been to Disney world 5 times. Never out to California.
Thanks.  As far as individual park experiences go, DCA is my favorite park of the six USA Disney Parks.  Part of what has me so jazzed about Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land is what a triumph Cars Land is at DCA.  And Cars is down near the bottom of my favorite Pixar movies.  They did such a great job making you feel like you're in Radiator Springs just off Route 66.  I'd love to bring in a couple World Showcase restaurants and a nice Moderate Resort to Anaheim, but for now I'll "settle" for a soup or sandwich at Pacific Wharf Cafe or sit down at Carthay Circle for dinner, hit a couple rides, then over to Ghiradelli for dessert, and finish the night with World Of Color.       

It can be done - you just have to get there at the right times.  Also - if you are staying on property absolutely take advantage of EMH (Extra Magic Hours).  You can sometimes hit a ride like Space Mountain or Big Thunder 4-5 times in an hour depending on how it works out.  Now, one caveat to what I'm saying - I've never been in the summer - I've been like 12-13 times now but never summer so YMMV.  Also - at rope drop, head directly to them and ride them as much as you can while everyone else is sleeping, parking or getting a coffee.
huh... granted, my experience is only one day- and a holiday weekend at that (this last MLK weekend).  but we did exactly what you guys said- went straight from rope-drop to the mine ride... by the time we got there it was 40-50 minute wait (which turned into 60+ mins very shortly after). same for big thunder. seems like everybody at rope drop- and there were obviously lots of people, and we obviously weren't at the front of the rope- had the exact same plan. we could have waited it out, done the ride and then hit our 10:30 FP... but we opted to do a bunch of the smaller rides around the mines in fantasy land and tomorrow land. no lines and we hit 4 or 5 of them.

huh... granted, my experience is only one day- and a holiday weekend at that (this last MLK weekend).  but we did exactly what you guys said- went straight from rope-drop to the mine ride... by the time we got there it was 40-50 minute wait (which turned into 60+ mins very shortly after). same for big thunder. seems like everybody at rope drop- and there were obviously lots of people, and we obviously weren't at the front of the rope- had the exact same plan. we could have waited it out, done the ride and then hit our 10:30 FP... but we opted to do a bunch of the smaller rides around the mines in fantasy land and tomorrow land. no lines and we hit 4 or 5 of them.
I'm not surprised by SW Mine Train but BTMR surprises me a little.  Again, time of year comes in to play.  Also - I think I've only been once (or maybe twice) since the new FP system was in place - I know some rides have an early morning FP "delay" which really sucks - I'm still bitter about not having the old paper FP system which I abused like Yankee abuses an 'Ohana spread.

@El Floppo I think 7DMT is a bad example b/c it is always crowded, rope drop or not. Many touring plans make it the 1st attraction you should go to and frankly out of any ride in MK, it is really the only "must have" FP for many.

But, as a summer traveler, I can attest to 5-10 minute waits at rope drop for all of the big mountains. As a matter of fact, I remember on out last trip laughing with my wife at the people who had 9/9:30am Fast Passes for Splash Mtn while it was a 10 minute standby wait. 

Take a look at this data , (I don't know if you can see it all b/c I'm a member of the site)  it is Touring plans' forecast for June 16, 2017 (around when @themeanmachine is traveling) and it shows reasonably low waits before 10am. Here is a screenshot if you can't view it on the site

It's funny (not funny) but today, for 7DMT the 10am wait time was 69 minutes and is the highest wait time all day. It tapers off to 40 at 4pm and then inches back up from there. Just lending some proof to my statement above that for many 7DMT is a get it early type of ride. 

There are other factors that can lead to an overly large opening wait time. Some people book pre-park opening dining just so that they can be 'ahead of the crowd', it is very popular at Be Our Guest b/c breakfast there is only a quick service, so you can be in and out in 20 mins and ready to jump on line. Also, if you are unlucky enough to pick a day where there is one of the "early morning magic" special ticket events—where people buy a special ticket to get into the park over an hour earlier, that could contribute too. 

Tagging @AAABatteries b/c he is in the convo too

Bruce Dickinson said:
Tell me about it.  Next time I eat there, I'm going to negotiate with one of the Napoli waiters, "what tip would be appropriate if you also agreed to take this video camera, film as much as possible of you swimming in international cast member poon, and giving me the raw footage before I leave Orlando"?
That's worth at least 22%

glvsav37 said:
Back at WDW, apparently there have been some construction permits filed for a collection off upright structures. And the chatter is that it maybe part of a new gondola transportation network around property. Yes, you heard it correctly, Gondolas may be in the works to connect Epcot, Disney studios, The Art of Animation, Boardwalk and Caribbean Beach resorts. 

As much as I would love a new monorail line, it just is not going to happen. These look cool...a far cry from the original Magic Kingdom Skyway, but IDK, the route looks confusing. I know there is a big push to add to the Caribbean beach, maybe adding some DVC rooms, so maybe this is something to call a perk, like the monorail at the MK resorts. We wil lsee.
Gondolas are moving forward.  I've seen the plans. This goes from Pop Century/Art of Animation, past Caribbean, and onto Boardwalk/EPCOT.  My company is working on it.

Gondolas are moving forward.  I've seen the plans. This goes from Pop Century/Art of Animation, past Caribbean, and onto Boardwalk/EPCOT.  My company is working on it.
@Osaurus dropping the bomb!   Nice confirmation of the scoop. 

What do you do?  

Its an interesting concept.  I'll admit I'm not 100% sold on it...but I'm sure it's been fully vetted.  I'm concerned/interested in the overall capacity and the flow of this.  But I'm. Sure it's been all worked out.  

Very cool

This is going to add a ton of value to Pop Century, Art Of Animation, and Caribbean Beach when Star Wars Land (and Toy Story Land) opens.  

I'm assuming expanding the monorail system isn't cost-effective.  They can barely keep their current trains going.  

Nice way to add a transportation option without putting more buses on the roads.  

@Osaurus dropping the bomb!   Nice confirmation of the scoop. 

What do you do?  

Its an interesting concept.  I'll admit I'm not 100% sold on it...but I'm sure it's been fully vetted.  I'm concerned/interested in the overall capacity and the flow of this.  But I'm. Sure it's been all worked out.  

Very cool
I work for an engineering firm (I'm not one)

Disney has been busy with announcements this past month. 

Walt Disney World Announces Expansion of Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach Resorts

Walt Disney World on Thursday unveiled expansion plans for its Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach hotels.

The expansion at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will include a new 15-story tower that will add 500 rooms, featuring suites and concierge level services. The resort will also refurbish its current resort rooms and transform its landscape with floating gardens and an island oasis that connects the resort through a series of bridges.

The new tower overlooking Lago Dorado, the resort’s centerpiece lake, will allow guests to experience something truly unique, rooftop dining with panoramic views of popular nighttime fireworks from nearby Disney theme parks.

Also there will be additions to the Caribbean Beach Resort, including new waterfront dining and retail shopping areas at the Centertown marketplace. Disney said in a blog post “this centralized location will offer the resort’s guests more convenient access to services, amenities and dining.”

The Southwestern-themed Coronado Springs opened 20 years ago, aiming to capture the convention market.

Caribbean Beach Resort has been around since the late 1980s.
See the link for some concept art

Interesting. I have been hearing chatter about a Caribbean beach DVC expansion, but nothing mentioned about that. However, the new addition to  Coronato Springs looks very much like a Bay Lake Tower type of room group. So maybe there is DVC (or part DVC) going in there instead?  

Kenny The Pirate reports the next character to make appearances at the Star Wars Launch Bay will be BB-8.

No official arrival date yet.  Just says "this spring" at DHS.

cool. lots of good FBGs in here who can answer any questions you have. 

is this a 1st trip for both of you or have you been before?

what month are you planning on going? 

All of those resorts you mention are top notch. They all fall into the Deluxe category (Disney has 3 categories Deluxe, Moderate, and Value) and all have great benifits; location being the biggest. 

The Boardwalk is a really great resort. IMO one of my favorites for charm and uniqueness.  Location is great b/c it is right smack between Epcot and Disney Studios—both within walking distance or a smooth boat ride. If it is just the 2 of you, I can see you spending a lot of time in Epcot enjoying World Showcase and all the eating and drinking to do there. Plus, you have the whole Boardwalk right outside the resort which is great for a late night stroll, some night entertainment and a surrey ride around the lake. 

Animal Kingdom Lodge is a really unique resort. If you like animals, it is amazing, the architecture is so very authentic and most of the cast is from Africa so if you like talking to them, you can great some great conversations about Africa. Downside is that it is huuuuuge and it is the furthest resort from most of the parks and action. If you book there, I highly (actually, strongly...actually just don't even consider anything else) booking in Jambo house. The resort is actually 2 resorts, Jambo and Kadani. Kadani is the Disney Vacation Club side, and it doesnt have nearly the amount of amenities that Jambo has*. Mainly Jambo has the only quick service restaurant, and that is huge b/c that is where you will get your morning coffee and your quick bite before heading out to the park. Plus, Jambo has the amazing grand lobby which is just amazing to walk into.

*I mention Kadani b/c in your post you talk about 'points' so I imagine you are talking about renting DVC points. If you still were, there are DVC rooms at Jambo so make sure you book there and not Kadani should you go that route. 

The Polynesian is the oldest resort, yet the newest b/c it was just all redone. Along with the contemporary, it is the original WDW resort. Again you cant go wrong. It is more expensive b/c it is considered a "monorail resort" b/c for obvious reasons, the monorail stops there and is you main way in and out of the Magic Kingdom. You are also a short walkway over to the Ticket and Transportation Center (TTC) to grab the Epcot monorail. Also, you have a direct line of sight to the castle and there are few better places to close out a night then on the beach there with a drink watching the nightly MK fireworks. 

So, of your choices, there is really no bad choice. If I had to pick....I would say BW, Polly then AK (unless you are into animals, then factor that in), however others might disagree. That said, there are a ton of other really good resorts too, so if you want info on others just ask.

For example, the Contemporary will give you a similar location and experience as the Polly, and the Yacht and Beach club will be the same as The Boardwalk.

Being it is just the 2 of you, there really is a whole lot to do if you like eating and drinking. We can talk about that a bunch, just let us know your cuisine preferences and such. Lots of great romantic opportunities for dinners and special things to do we can point you to. 
The man! She's been a lot but not the planner type. I've never been. We chose Poly. Boardwalk wasn't available when we went back.  Now if you can help us make some reservations that would be great. A few nice steakhouses, an Italian place and some just good grill/burger joints. I wanted to do the one where you watch the fish swim while you eat? But haven't heard good things? Any advice is appreciated  

The man! She's been a lot but not the planner type. I've never been. We chose Poly. Boardwalk wasn't available when we went back.  Now if you can help us make some reservations that would be great. A few nice steakhouses, an Italian place and some just good grill/burger joints. I wanted to do the one where you watch the fish swim while you eat? But haven't heard good things? Any advice is appreciated  
Steak: Le Cellier (Canada section of Epcot World Showcase), Artist's Point (Wilderness Lodge)

Italian: Via Napoli (Italy section of Epcot World Showcase), Trattoria al Forno (BoardWalk)

Burgers: Beaches and Cream (Beach Club/Yacht Club), Plaza Inn (Magic Kingdom)
ETA: you can get burgers/fries/tenders in all the parks, I highlighted those two because they are smaller restaurants with food made to order.  

The place where the fish swim is called Coral Reef.  It's in Epcot.  It is fun to see the big fish tank, and occasionally scuba divers while dive in.  But the food is just so-so by Epcot standards.  

Went yesterday. Absurdly packed. They could raise prices another 30% imo  
A lot of grade schools are wrapping conferences around Presidents Day so there's one five-day break instead of multiple long weekends.  That's enough time to go to WDW without missing much school and times of year that aren't Christmas or summer.

Marvel will have more of a presence in DCA this summer.  The Tower Of Terror remake into a Guardians Of The Galaxy ride will be ready by the end of May.  

DCA will also test a Jedi Trials Of The Temple-type experience with Hawkeye and Black Widow.  

Captain America and Spider-Man will have permanent meet-and-greet spots.

A Star-Lord Dance-Off pop-up featuring the GotG soundtracks will premiere, too.  

A bit bummed to hear World Of Color might not finish its maintenance cycle by the time we visit in March, but the Electrical Parade will be back at its home in Disneyland doing two shows a night, so it's all good.

Is renting points thru a place like DVC Rental Store a good deal when compared to just booking a room at a deluxe resort? Assuming we would want to stay in deluxe DVC accommodations as well, though a studio would be fine.

Is renting points thru a place like DVC Rental Store a good deal when compared to just booking a room at a deluxe resort? Assuming we would want to stay in deluxe DVC accommodations as well, though a studio would be fine.
while I've never actually rented them before (I am a DVC owner), Ive heard nothing but good things. You get the deluxe resorts at generally a cheaper price then rack rate. You have to weigh any room promotions at the time, but generally it work out in your favor. The only downside (from what I hear) is that—because you technically using someone else's ownership rights—there may be a point where you need to cooridinate booking the room with the original owner on the phone, or at least the rental agent. To give you an example, we gifted a few extra points we had to my MIL (also DVC owners), and when they went to apply those to their booking, my wife had to be on the phone w/ the disney rep to 'approve' the points usage. 

Its a minor issue overall, but there maybe some coordination needed rather then just picking up the phone and saying 'book it"

If you are not sure how DVC works, everything is based on points per night. Take a look at these charts. Look for the resort you want to stay at, then find the room type and then the season and you will see how many points you would need for your trip. I think the one rental place I know of rents for about $14 per point. So for a standard studio at the boardwalk, in summer time would be about 104 points x $14pp = about $1500. I'm guessing that room goes for about $2500 normally. (don't quote me on prices though). 

The DVC studios are pretty basic—like your normal hotel room—but where DVC room really pay off is when you jump to a 1 bedroom and above suite and there is a full kitchen, washer and dryer and a few other bonuses. 

:thumbup:

If you've never been, I suggest just relax and go with the flow. If you get caught up in tying to get everything in or rushing around you will end up leaving tired and cranky. You can't do it all, and Disney will always be there, leave happy and come back soon. 

Food is a plenty there, and with it just the 2 of you, you have a lot of options. I mainly concur with what @Bruce Dickinson said. 

However, when it comes to steak, there is a 3rd option not many people realize that is IMO as good if not better. Shula's Steak House is over on the Dolphin side of the Swan and Dolphin resorts. They are not considered a disney restaurant, so they won't take the dining plan, but for a FBG, it is a really great location with amazing food and full of football decor and memorabilia. It is pricey though

For a real burger, if you are looking for something beyond the fast food theme park type, your best bet is to head over to Disney Springs. Seems they have the lock on great dining right now overall. Found this if it helps.

I also agree with Bruce, The Coral Reef is not the best rated Disney restaurant. If you are into seafood and really want the experience, go for it. There is nothing technically wrong with it, just you can get equal to better seafood in other places and when in Disney, with the wealth of options you have, its not high on the list. 

For Italian, Brice is right again, but i'll add to NOT fall for Momma Melrose or Tony's Town Square as real Italian places. 

With that out of the way, Dining at disney is a mix of fine, casual and fun dining. You can go from Victoria and alberts where it is a 7-course meal, jacket and tie required type meal, all the way to a loud, kid-friendly character meal where you will be up dancing and taking pictures more then eating. 

For that real fine dining (i addition to the steak houses listed by Bruce and above) I suggest you look at California grill,  CitricosNarcoossee's and Jiko (good excuse to go check out Animal Kingdom Lodge)

For very good, but more casual Sanaa, Be Our Guest, Brown Derby, Ohana (highly recommended by many on this board), Tiffens (although i've never been yet).  Its a pick'em in Epcot based on cuisine likes, but I enjoy Teppan EdoVia Napoli, and Rose and Crown

Let me get back to work, I'll add to this in a bit...lol

Went yesterday. Absurdly packed. They could raise prices another 30% imo  
Going to DLR first week of March. Surprisingly good time to good historically as it's right before CA spring break. 

4 days (2 at MK and 2 at DCA) and staying at paradise pier hotel. While it's the worst of the three onsite resorts (and cheaper) for an upgrade you get a great view of DCA for the same price as a normal view room at the Disneyland hotel.

You can see world of color perfectly from your room (although of course not as great as being right there) and they have a channel that plays the music to go along with it. It's nice to see it live for the early show and then see it from the hotel room late as the little ones are going to bed.

Its nice waking up and looking out your window seeing the park not yet open and people scurrying around getting it ready. Builds up the anticipation for the fun day ahead.

Going to DLR first week of March. Surprisingly good time to good historically as it's right before CA spring break. 

4 days (2 at MK and 2 at DCA) and staying at paradise pier hotel. While it's the worst of the three onsite resorts (and cheaper) for an upgrade you get a great view of DCA for the same price as a normal view room at the Disneyland hotel.

You can see world of color perfectly from your room (although of course not as great as being right there) and they have a channel that plays the music to go along with it. It's nice to see it live for the early show and then see it from the hotel room late as the little ones are going to bed.

Its nice waking up and looking out your window seeing the park not yet open and people scurrying around getting it ready. Builds up the anticipation for the fun day ahead.
Haven't stayed at Paradise Pier yet.  The character breakfast there with Mickey & Friends in beach/surf gear is a blast.  Paradise Pier is not much longer of a walk to the parks as Disneyland Hotel, and if you don't mind bypassing Main Street, the monorail transport/entrance is an option after a short stroll down Downtown Disney.  

That early March window is an especially good one at DLR as a lot of their January refurbishment projects are done by then in anticipation of Spring Break.  World Of Color goes dark for a a week or two in February for maintenance and installing any show changes, but is usually up by the Monday of the first full week of March.  There's usually 2-3 rides that shut down from mid-January to end of February (this year it's Pirates Of The Caribbean, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Grizzly River Run) that are usually up by March.  Pirates got shut down late (they kept it open while Haunted Mansion removed its Nightmare Before Christmas overlay) so it might not be back up for your visit.  

Matterhorn will be closed for your visit - it's going through bigger changes than just regular maintenance - it's finally getting a FastPass queue and distribution kiosk, they're working on the sleds to make the ride smoother, and they are rumored to be working on some elements near the peak that can be incorporated into nighttime shows.  And Tower of Terror will be closed, but you might be able to see some of the work changing it over from Twilight Zone to Guardians of the Galaxy.  The tower is covered with tarps, but we were able to get a glimpse of the Collector's stash walking by the attraction on our last visit.  

:thumbup:

If you've never been, I suggest just relax and go with the flow. If you get caught up in tying to get everything in or rushing around you will end up leaving tired and cranky. You can't do it all, and Disney will always be there, leave happy and come back soon. 

Food is a plenty there, and with it just the 2 of you, you have a lot of options. I mainly concur with what @Bruce Dickinson said. 

However, when it comes to steak, there is a 3rd option not many people realize that is IMO as good if not better. Shula's Steak House is over on the Dolphin side of the Swan and Dolphin resorts. They are not considered a disney restaurant, so they won't take the dining plan, but for a FBG, it is a really great location with amazing food and full of football decor and memorabilia. It is pricey though

For a real burger, if you are looking for something beyond the fast food theme park type, your best bet is to head over to Disney Springs. Seems they have the lock on great dining right now overall. Found this if it helps.

I also agree with Bruce, The Coral Reef is not the best rated Disney restaurant. If you are into seafood and really want the experience, go for it. There is nothing technically wrong with it, just you can get equal to better seafood in other places and when in Disney, with the wealth of options you have, its not high on the list. 

For Italian, Brice is right again, but i'll add to NOT fall for Momma Melrose or Tony's Town Square as real Italian places. 

With that out of the way, Dining at disney is a mix of fine, casual and fun dining. You can go from Victoria and alberts where it is a 7-course meal, jacket and tie required type meal, all the way to a loud, kid-friendly character meal where you will be up dancing and taking pictures more then eating. 

For that real fine dining (i addition to the steak houses listed by Bruce and above) I suggest you look at California grill,  CitricosNarcoossee's and Jiko (good excuse to go check out Animal Kingdom Lodge)

For very good, but more casual Sanaa, Be Our Guest, Brown Derby, Ohana (highly recommended by many on this board), Tiffens (although i've never been yet).  Its a pick'em in Epcot based on cuisine likes, but I enjoy Teppan EdoVia Napoli, and Rose and Crown

Let me get back to work, I'll add to this in a bit...lol
Highlighting a couple places from glvsav's excellent lists....

My favorite restaurant in all of WDW property is Ohana at the Polynesian Resort.  It's a Brazilian Steakhouse experience with Polynesian and Pacific Rim flavors.  I'm not a formal person so I dig the shtick where everyone is called "Cousin" and the staff is in aloha shirts.  It's kid-friendly but not kid-dominant like many Disney dining experiences.  Also just a monorail or quick boat ride from Magic Kingdom.  While not universally loved by the regulars in this thread, it's a favorite of many.

For something a little unusual but also a bit out of the way, Sana'a at Animal Kingdom Lodge is great fun.  I like to book a late lunch here after a morning and midday at Animal Kingdom.  It's a small (by WDW standards) restaurant, menu is best described as "African-Indian fusion".  I like anything from the tandoor section of the menu, but I must insist on ordering the Na'an Bread Service if you go.  Recommend going there during the day, as the view out the windows is one of the roaming areas of Animal Kingdom Lodge, so views of ostriches, zebras, and giraffes are in play.    

And like glvsav said... almost every place in the Epcot World Showcase is terrific.  And don't be afraid to mix-and-match.  One of my favorite Epcot dining experiences is a pizza or chicken parm at Via Napoli in Italy, let that settle for a bit, then walk over to L'Artisan des Glaces in France for a macaron dessert.  

Haven't stayed at Paradise Pier yet.  The character breakfast there with Mickey & Friends in beach/surf gear is a blast.  Paradise Pier is not much longer of a walk to the parks as Disneyland Hotel, and if you don't mind bypassing Main Street, the monorail transport/entrance is an option after a short stroll down Downtown Disney.  

That early March window is an especially good one at DLR as a lot of their January refurbishment projects are done by then in anticipation of Spring Break.  World Of Color goes dark for a a week or two in February for maintenance and installing any show changes, but is usually up by the Monday of the first full week of March.  There's usually 2-3 rides that shut down from mid-January to end of February (this year it's Pirates Of The Caribbean, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Grizzly River Run) that are usually up by March.  Pirates got shut down late (they kept it open while Haunted Mansion removed its Nightmare Before Christmas overlay) so it might not be back up for your visit.  

Matterhorn will be closed for your visit - it's going through bigger changes than just regular maintenance - it's finally getting a FastPass queue and distribution kiosk, they're working on the sleds to make the ride smoother, and they are rumored to be working on some elements near the peak that can be incorporated into nighttime shows.  And Tower of Terror will be closed, but you might be able to see some of the work changing it over from Twilight Zone to Guardians of the Galaxy.  The tower is covered with tarps, but we were able to get a glimpse of the Collector's stash walking by the attraction on our last visit.  
Nice. We usually walk through the Grand Californian but have always talked about going the other direction and taking the monorail from Disneyland Hotel.

We have some little ones so Matterhorn and Tower of Terror being down isn't too big of a deal but good info.

Nice. We usually walk through the Grand Californian but have always talked about going the other direction and taking the monorail from Disneyland Hotel.

We have some little ones so Matterhorn and Tower of Terror being down isn't too big of a deal but good info.
When you check in at Paradise Pier, ask the desk clerk or the concierge about walking through Grand Californian.  DLR moved the west side security check to the hotel side of Downtown Disney, so there might be restrictions on walking through GCH to get to the parks.  There's one spot that used to be open air walking that requires showing a GCH room key to pass through at peak hours.  GCH is a beautiful hotel and is the shortest path to the parks, but I'd hate for you to get turned away and have to double back with little kids because no one told you about the new security plan.  

Bruce Dickinson said:
When you check in at Paradise Pier, ask the desk clerk or the concierge about walking through Grand Californian.  DLR moved the west side security check to the hotel side of Downtown Disney, so there might be restrictions on walking through GCH to get to the parks.  There's one spot that used to be open air walking that requires showing a GCH room key to pass through at peak hours.  GCH is a beautiful hotel and is the shortest path to the parks, but I'd hate for you to get turned away and have to double back with little kids because no one told you about the new security plan.  
Thanks for the heads up, will do.

In Disney's way of monitoring every single piece of available pavement, they now bring you Celebration at the Top Fireworks viewing party at the top of the Contemporary Resort. 

Celebration at the Top costs $99 per person plus tax and gratuity, and includes canapés, a selection of sushi, a selection of flatbreads and other small plates. A complimentary bar offering craft beers, California wines, cordials and coffee will also be available.

Following the food and drink in one of the California Grill's banquet rooms, comes a viewing of the Magic kIngdom's Wishes fireworks show.

To conclude the night, petit four desserts are available in the private banquet room.

Reservations can be made now for dates beginning February 26 through to March 26 via 407-WDW-DINE. Valet parking is included with the cost.
I'm actually pro-dessert parties, so my bad attempt at disapproving humor isn't really warranted. But its interesting to see how many things they are trying to "Sell" It is becoming a fine balance of what was previously part of just being there vs special ticket things.

This one looks like an all-adult version of the classic dessert parties, which I think is pretty cool if you are looking for a little more upscale, intimate experience with the fireworks thrown in for a bit of entertainment. Calf Grill is no joke, so you'll be fed well. 

bagger said:

My wife is dying to go back. Too many other vacations to do though. 

OK @Gottabesweet , let me skin the dining recommendations another way. These would be my recommendations park by park. You can find the details about each here

Magic Kingdom
Casual/Fine: Be Our Guest (Dinner)—not really "Fine" but the best of the most proper of the sit downs inside MK. Great ambiance. Very hard reservation to get though, esp now with the movie coming out. 
Casual/Character/Buffet: Crystal Palace 

Epcot
Fine: LeCellier in Canada, Monsieur Paul (France)
Casual/Fine: Teppen Edo (Japan), Via Nappoli (Italy), Chefs de France (France)
Casual: Rose and Crown (UK)
Character: Akershus (Norway)—All princesses, mentioning it if you would enjoy some silly fun with the princess as an adult. Your wife may have a favorite and this is a good place. Plu, lots of eye candy. I recommend breakfast here. 

Disney Studios
Casual/Fine: Hollywood Brown Derby
Casual/Fun: Sci Fi Dine In—you sit in 'car shaped' tables set in an old drive-in movie lot. Big screen plays clips of old campy sci-fi movies. Good burgers and comfort food. 
50's Prime Time Cafe—set up like your grandmother's (well maybe your parent's grandmother) kitchen. The servers have fun making sure you keep your elbows off the table and that you washed your hands. Meatloaf and other grandma's comfort foods as well as old time drinks. 

Animal Kingdom
Fine/Casual: Tiffin's—Have not eaten here yet, but heard good things. 
Casual/Buffet/Character: Tusker house—Meet Mickey, Minnie and Donald. 
Casual: Yak and Yetti
Casual/Unique: Rain Forest Cafe—Chain restaurant, food it OK but the inside is pretty cool. Animatronic animals all over the place. 

Resorts:
Fine: California Grill (Contemporary), Narcoossee's and Cirtrico's (Grand Floridian), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House), Shula's Steakhouse (Dolphin), Todd English BlueZoo (Dolphin) Kimonos Sushi (Swan)
Fine/Casual: Flying Fish (Boardwalk), Sanaa really great food, as Bruce said, the Bread Service is a must! (Animal Kingdom Kidanai), Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge), Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)
Casual: Ohana—Dinner only here. Breakfast is OK, Lilo and Stitch character meal, but Dinner is where it is at (Polly), Kona Cafe—really good breakfast (Polly),  Trattoria al Forno (Boardwalk), Whispering Canyon—there are a few inside joke about the service here, research them if you are gonig—hint, ask for ketchup (Wilderness Lodge)
Character: Chef Mickey—Loud and fun, kind of a right of passage, lots of kids. Just saying (Contemp), Cape May (Beach Club)
Snack: Beaches and Cream, you can eat lunch or dinner here, but the draw is the Kitchen Sink dessert. Need to make a reservation b/c it is a very small location. (Beach Club)
Lounge: Trader Sams—Very fun place (Polly), Jellyrolls Dueling Piano Bar (Boardwalk), ESPN Club (Boardwalk)

Disney Springs: DS has had a whole new revitalization in the last year. A whole lot of great restaurants have been added and more are still coming. Currently it is THE place for really unique dining and late night lounges
Fine: Morimoto Asia, The Boathouse
Upscale Casual: STK, Homecoming, Raglan Road
Bar Food/Drinks Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar (go if you are an Indiana Jones fan)

While at Disney pSrings, you may want to consider going to Cirque du Soleil as a nice non-park night out. Got to buy a separate ticket for that. 

When planning your meals, be sure to take location into consideration. The last thing you want to do is be running all over property—its a really big place. So plan meals for where you will be spending park time, or if it is a down day you can afford to travel a bit. When thinking of resorts, remember:
Contemp, Polly and Grand Flow are easy to reach from MK. Wilderness Lodge is also fairly close but a bit harder to get to, gotta take a boat.  
Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach and Swan and Dolphin is really close to Epcot and reachable from Studios. You can wa;k from Epcot, or take a boat from Studios. 
Animal Kingdom lodge is not close to anything really. 

There is no resort > resort buses, so you will need to consider taxi or Uber. Taxis can be called from the Bell desk of any resort. If you are already at any park, you can grab a bus to any resort. There are also buses that go from any resort > Disney Springs. 

Hope that helps. Keep us posted of your choices or any other questions

OK @Gottabesweet , let me skin the dining recommendations another way. These would be my recommendations park by park. You can find the details about each here

Magic Kingdom
Casual/Fine: Be Our Guest (Dinner)—not really "Fine" but the best of the most proper of the sit downs inside MK. Great ambiance. Very hard reservation to get though, esp now with the movie coming out. 
Casual/Character/Buffet: Crystal Palace 

Epcot
Fine: LeCellier in Canada, Monsieur Paul (France)
Casual/Fine: Teppen Edo (Japan), Via Nappoli (Italy), Chefs de France (France)
Casual: Rose and Crown (UK)
Character: Akershus (Norway)—All princesses, mentioning it if you would enjoy some silly fun with the princess as an adult. Your wife may have a favorite and this is a good place. Plu, lots of eye candy. I recommend breakfast here. 

Disney Studios
Casual/Fine: Hollywood Brown Derby
Casual/Fun: Sci Fi Dine In—you sit in 'car shaped' tables set in an old drive-in movie lot. Big screen plays clips of old campy sci-fi movies. Good burgers and comfort food. 
50's Prime Time Cafe—set up like your grandmother's (well maybe your parent's grandmother) kitchen. The servers have fun making sure you keep your elbows off the table and that you washed your hands. Meatloaf and other grandma's comfort foods as well as old time drinks. 

Animal Kingdom
Fine/Casual: Tiffin's—Have not eaten here yet, but heard good things. 
Casual/Buffet/Character: Tusker house—Meet Mickey, Minnie and Donald. 
Casual: Yak and Yetti
Casual/Unique: Rain Forest Cafe—Chain restaurant, food it OK but the inside is pretty cool. Animatronic animals all over the place. 

Resorts:
Fine: California Grill (Contemporary), Narcoossee's and Cirtrico's (Grand Floridian), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House), Shula's Steakhouse (Dolphin), Todd English BlueZoo (Dolphin) Kimonos Sushi (Swan)
Fine/Casual: Flying Fish (Boardwalk), Sanaa really great food, as Bruce said, the Bread Service is a must! (Animal Kingdom Kidanai), Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge), Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)
Casual: Ohana—Dinner only here. Breakfast is OK, Lilo and Stitch character meal, but Dinner is where it is at (Polly), Kona Cafe—really good breakfast (Polly),  Trattoria al Forno (Boardwalk), Whispering Canyon—there are a few inside joke about the service here, research them if you are gonig—hint, ask for ketchup (Wilderness Lodge)
Character: Chef Mickey—Loud and fun, kind of a right of passage, lots of kids. Just saying (Contemp), Cape May (Beach Club)
Snack: Beaches and Cream, you can eat lunch or dinner here, but the draw is the Kitchen Sink dessert. Need to make a reservation b/c it is a very small location. (Beach Club)
Lounge: Trader Sams—Very fun place (Polly), Jellyrolls Dueling Piano Bar (Boardwalk), ESPN Club (Boardwalk)

Disney Springs: DS has had a whole new revitalization in the last year. A whole lot of great restaurants have been added and more are still coming. Currently it is THE place for really unique dining and late night lounges
Fine: Morimoto Asia, The Boathouse
Upscale Casual: STK, Homecoming, Raglan Road
Bar Food/Drinks Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar (go if you are an Indiana Jones fan)

While at Disney pSrings, you may want to consider going to Cirque du Soleil as a nice non-park night out. Got to buy a separate ticket for that. 

When planning your meals, be sure to take location into consideration. The last thing you want to do is be running all over property—its a really big place. So plan meals for where you will be spending park time, or if it is a down day you can afford to travel a bit. When thinking of resorts, remember:
Contemp, Polly and Grand Flow are easy to reach from MK. Wilderness Lodge is also fairly close but a bit harder to get to, gotta take a boat.  
Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach and Swan and Dolphin is really close to Epcot and reachable from Studios. You can wa;k from Epcot, or take a boat from Studios. 
Animal Kingdom lodge is not close to anything really. 

There is no resort > resort buses, so you will need to consider taxi or Uber. Taxis can be called from the Bell desk of any resort. If you are already at any park, you can grab a bus to any resort. There are also buses that go from any resort > Disney Springs. 

Hope that helps. Keep us posted of your choices or any other questions

Thank You - printed and will show the wife.  I assume you need reservations or anything Fine or Casual/Fine?  This is great.

Thank You - printed and will show the wife.  I assume you need reservations or anything Fine or Casual/Fine?  This is great.
Absolutely make reservations for anything Casual, Fine, or Character.  Demand is very high for the best and unique restaurants at WDW.  Reservations can be made 180 days in advance (10 extra days of lead time if you're staying at a Disney Resort), and there are Disney Dining super fans logged in and calling when bookings open that morning.  

Yeah, I already need to go back.

All the dining option talk is making me think..... what would be my top 10 places.

10. Garden Grill - usually not a favorite of many, but it's one of our staples.  Mainly because of the location and the setting with the slow moving floor.  Characters are usually our main characters to visit with.  Nothing outwardly special about the place food wise but it's just solid.  If we have been to Disney 50 times we've eaten there 40ish. 

9.  The Boathouse in Disney Springs.  Another one moving up our list.  Awesome menu.  Great setup. 

8.  Olivia's - the main restaurant in Old Key West.  We love that place.  Love.  Go there even when we don't stay in our home resort.  The pot roast is perfect.

7. ** the old Liberty Tree Tavern.  Loved that place for simple solid American food and characters.  Characters are gone so we haven't made it a priority to go back there.  But we (I) would abuse that menu.

6. Askurhus - or however they spell it.  For breakfast.  That potato cheese thing they serve you with unlimited sausage and bacon will make any gastroenterologist scream.

5. Whispering Canyon.  Another solid family style eat everything you can and then more type of place.  Love asking for Ketchup.  And straws.  And napkins. 

4. Hoop Dee Do Review - listen, if you get solid food, unlimited in amount, that consists of beer, fried chicken, ribs and all the fixins'.... well, that's just America right there.  Haven't been in a few trips because of scheduling and it's been closed for updates.  Hopefully the menu hasn't changed.  It will be on the list in our fall trip.

3. 1900 Park Fair.  This is gaining on our family list of places but it won't ever pass the two below.  The food is always very very good and the Strawberry soup is amazingly good.  Could put it on a shoe and be satisfied.  The entertainment is solid as well.

2.  Le'Cellier.  Our favorite steakhouse on the east coast - being in Disney helps.  Funny thing is that for all the dozens of times I've been there, I've only ever gotten the filet, so for all I know the rest of the menu sucks.  But I doubt it.  Whiskey flight, warm bread basket, filet, two Molson's with dinner, and whiskey shot coffee with the maple syrup creme' brulee' for dessert.  It's almost the perfect meal.

1.  O'hana.  Yes I understand the idea of a Brazilian type steakhouse is overrated in some respects.  But this place is just perfect.  The finger foods before the skewers are better than the main dishes, and the dessert is top notch.

This list might change on a minute by minute basis.  And I am thinking that I might need to do some more field research.

Absolutely make reservations for anything Casual, Fine, or Character.  Demand is very high for the best and unique restaurants at WDW.  Reservations can be made 180 days in advance (10 extra days of lead time if you're staying at a Disney Resort), and there are Disney Dining super fans logged in and calling when bookings open that morning.  
That's my wife.  Wake her up before her 8 hours and she will kill you with anything sharp in her presence, except when she has to be awake at 3:30 am to start the dining reservations.

9.  The Boathouse in Disney Springs.  Another one moving up our list.  Awesome menu.  Great setup. 

100% agreement here.  We do resident weekend trips so we spend Friday nights or Monday long weekend afternoons at Disney Springs and we always end up at the boathouse.

4. Hoop Dee Do Review - listen, if you get solid food, unlimited in amount, that consists of beer, fried chicken, ribs and all the fixins'.... well, that's just America right there.  Haven't been in a few trips because of scheduling and it's been closed for updates.  Hopefully the menu hasn't changed.  It will be on the list in our fall trip.

huge nostalgia place for me because I remember going with my grandparents ~33 years ago.  Same show and everything.  The only thing here is for a family of four for decent seats it's BIG money.

Users who are viewing this thread