What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (4 Viewers)

PSA for FBG. Raglan Road sucks. The food was very good, but it's hardly an Irish Pub. It's way too fancy and too many people ordered Wine. The server recommended a ####### Kronenburg Beer to the guy next to me. A Kronenburg. AT AN IRISH PUB!
Who cares what other people are ordering? They have a nice selection of beer and scotch and the food is top notch. I had a great time there.
Apparently I care. I was hoping for an Irish Pub. What I got was a very nice restaurant with great food, but there's many of them at Disney to choose from, I Just wanted a pub atmosphere.

PSA for FBG. Raglan Road sucks. The food was very good, but it's hardly an Irish Pub. It's way too fancy and too many people ordered Wine. The server recommended a ####### Kronenburg Beer to the guy next to me. A Kronenburg. AT AN IRISH PUB!
Who cares what other people are ordering? They have a nice selection of beer and scotch and the food is top notch. I had a great time there.
The bread pudding there is fantastic.
Good god it was, yes. I had been at Ohana the night before and thought theirs was the best I'd ever had. Raglan Road's was far better.

ATC1 said:
FBGirl79 said:
We ate at Whispering Canyon, Le Cellier, Tusker House, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Tutto Italia, Liberty Tree Tavern, Ohana, Coral Reef and a pizza place right outside of Disney called Flippers. Of everything we had...Chef Mickey's was by far everyone's least favorite. Our favorites were Ohana, Tutto Italia, Whispering Canyon, and Le Cellier. For counter service...you have to go to Wolfgang Pucks Express Cafe in Downtown Disney. We loved it so much we went back once more for lunch and then breakfast.
:goodposting: recomended!Where did you stay?
We stayed at All-Star Sports. My mom and aunt & uncle went at the same time and they have 4 boys (13, 13, 9, and 7) so I wanted somewhere they would have fun and it was fine for all of us. I will say this...my husband and I went ahead and booked again for next year at the Carribean resort but I'm considering changing it to Pop Century because we were barely in our room and I'd rather save the extra money. If your family is all about the parks and using the resorts for sleeping and maybe swimming a little then you can save a lot of money by staying in the value resorts. We never waited more than 10 min. for a bus (we had our vehicles there but used the buses a couple times). We literally walked in the room at night after park close and collapsed on the bed exhausted. We swam on the first night of vacation but were too tired after that.

soothsayer said:
FBGirl79 said:
We did MNSSHP and it was awesome...just know what you want to do (are characters, candy or rides most important) and make sure you see at least one of the parades and get a good spot for the fireworks. We sat right in the center of the hub and it was fantastic!
I have a few questions about this - considered asking via PM but assume the answers might be helpful to others as well...1) Was it easy to get on rides? Lines anywhere? Any areas to avoid? We are NOT very interested in the characters but more interested in the rides and candy...2) Did you attend the first or second parade? Would you do it that way again?3) Were lots of people in costume?TIA
1) There are esentially no lines for the rides...if you guys don't care about characters then you are golden. Hit the candy trail that starts in Toontown and ends in Tomorrowland. The cool thing is that they have people giving out candy on the left and right sides of the trail...hit the right then turn around and go to the left for each person you see. We did this and you get twice as much. Towards the end of the night, just keep going through the same line over and over. We just laughed with the cast members towards the end of the night that they we would empty their barrels and they were just tossing fist fulls in. We got quite a bit and haven't even touched it...I'm gonna hand it out for the trick or treaters, lol. Oh don't forget that even though the party starts at 7 you can get in to MK with your halloween ticket at 4pm so we used 4 to 7 to ride the rides we wanted with just a little wait. 2) We did the second parade bc I wanted to meet characters. The 7 Dwarfs never appear anywhere for pictures except the halloween party so we did that first then I got in line for Minnie so I got those out of the way early then hit the candy trails and hit other characters on my way around the park. I made my way to Haunted Mansion (only for pictures, they have a pic in front of the carriage with a ghost that is cool if you are using photopass) then went to the hub to watch the fireworks. As soon as the fireworks were over it was around 10 and we just walked towards main street where the circle meets main st and I asked a CM where the best spot to see the parade was and she walked us over to an area and put some masking tape on the street and told us to stand there. We were in the front and had a perfect view of the headless horseman! I would probably do it again that way. 3) There were tons of people in costumes...it made me feel like I wish I had dressed up. We are going next year and definitely will dress up. I had made a tie dye orange and black mickey tshirt that I wore but I want to do a real costume next year. If dressing up isn't your thing and if you have kids, since they don't want to see characters you could get in line early for free face painting. The face painting spot was on the right as soon as you enter toontown before Goofy's Barnstormer. Hopefully I answered everything. I'll try to get some pictures up in the next couple of days to show you!

1) There are esentially no lines for the rides...if you guys don't care about characters then you are golden. Hit the candy trail that starts in Toontown and ends in Tomorrowland. The cool thing is that they have people giving out candy on the left and right sides of the trail...hit the right then turn around and go to the left for each person you see. We did this and you get twice as much. Towards the end of the night, just keep going through the same line over and over. We just laughed with the cast members towards the end of the night that they we would empty their barrels and they were just tossing fist fulls in. We got quite a bit and haven't even touched it...I'm gonna hand it out for the trick or treaters, lol. Oh don't forget that even though the party starts at 7 you can get in to MK with your halloween ticket at 4pm so we used 4 to 7 to ride the rides we wanted with just a little wait. 2) We did the second parade bc I wanted to meet characters. The 7 Dwarfs never appear anywhere for pictures except the halloween party so we did that first then I got in line for Minnie so I got those out of the way early then hit the candy trails and hit other characters on my way around the park. I made my way to Haunted Mansion (only for pictures, they have a pic in front of the carriage with a ghost that is cool if you are using photopass) then went to the hub to watch the fireworks. As soon as the fireworks were over it was around 10 and we just walked towards main street where the circle meets main st and I asked a CM where the best spot to see the parade was and she walked us over to an area and put some masking tape on the street and told us to stand there. We were in the front and had a perfect view of the headless horseman! I would probably do it again that way. 3) There were tons of people in costumes...it made me feel like I wish I had dressed up. We are going next year and definitely will dress up. I had made a tie dye orange and black mickey tshirt that I wore but I want to do a real costume next year. If dressing up isn't your thing and if you have kids, since they don't want to see characters you could get in line early for free face painting. The face painting spot was on the right as soon as you enter toontown before Goofy's Barnstormer. Hopefully I answered everything. I'll try to get some pictures up in the next couple of days to show you!
AWESOME STUFF!!! This is great info - glad you had a blast. Thank you!

ATC1 said:
FBGirl79 said:
We ate at Whispering Canyon, Le Cellier, Tusker House, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Tutto Italia, Liberty Tree Tavern, Ohana, Coral Reef and a pizza place right outside of Disney called Flippers. Of everything we had...Chef Mickey's was by far everyone's least favorite. Our favorites were Ohana, Tutto Italia, Whispering Canyon, and Le Cellier. For counter service...you have to go to Wolfgang Pucks Express Cafe in Downtown Disney. We loved it so much we went back once more for lunch and then breakfast.
:thumbdown: recomended!Where did you stay?
We stayed at All-Star Sports. My mom and aunt & uncle went at the same time and they have 4 boys (13, 13, 9, and 7) so I wanted somewhere they would have fun and it was fine for all of us. I will say this...my husband and I went ahead and booked again for next year at the Carribean resort but I'm considering changing it to Pop Century because we were barely in our room and I'd rather save the extra money. If your family is all about the parks and using the resorts for sleeping and maybe swimming a little then you can save a lot of money by staying in the value resorts. We never waited more than 10 min. for a bus (we had our vehicles there but used the buses a couple times). We literally walked in the room at night after park close and collapsed on the bed exhausted. We swam on the first night of vacation but were too tired after that.
That's the right idea if you are all about the parks, but the bolded part is rare if the parts are more crowed. Also, you must have left before the park actually closes? Personally, I'm DVC, so I stay at the resorts, but because I am I don't go to the park everyday. It's a totally new experience for disney that is very nice if you ask me. Pool, Golf, DD, putt-putt, etc.

ATC1 said:
FBGirl79 said:
:rolleyes: recomended!Where did you stay?
That's the right idea if you are all about the parks, but the bolded part is rare if the parts are more crowed. Also, you must have left before the park actually closes? Personally, I'm DVC, so I stay at the resorts, but because I am I don't go to the park everyday. It's a totally new experience for disney that is very nice if you ask me. Pool, Golf, DD, putt-putt, etc.
We only waited 10 min for the bus from MK at park closing one night but it was dead that day. We took the bus to HS open to close and didn't wait either. Other days we would drive to the park thern use buses to park hop or go back to the resort to get ready for dinner, change, etc. the take bus back to park and drive back after closing. I do think something that made a difference was browsing shops for 20-30 after park close and the crowds are much much more managable. Disney is great at moving people out of the parks quickly at night plus you don't lose valuable park time shopping when you could do rides. We were thinking about looking into the DVC thing when we go back into September...is there a easy way to describe it for me? I know nothing about it!

soothsayer said:
FBGirl79 said:
We did MNSSHP and it was awesome...just know what you want to do (are characters, candy or rides most important) and make sure you see at least one of the parades and get a good spot for the fireworks. We sat right in the center of the hub and it was fantastic!
I have a few questions about this - considered asking via PM but assume the answers might be helpful to others as well...1) Was it easy to get on rides? Lines anywhere? Any areas to avoid? We are NOT very interested in the characters but more interested in the rides and candy...

2) Did you attend the first or second parade? Would you do it that way again?

3) Were lots of people in costume?

TIA
1) There are esentially no lines for the rides...if you guys don't care about characters then you are golden. Hit the candy trail that starts in Toontown and ends in Tomorrowland. The cool thing is that they have people giving out candy on the left and right sides of the trail...hit the right then turn around and go to the left for each person you see. We did this and you get twice as much. Towards the end of the night, just keep going through the same line over and over. We just laughed with the cast members towards the end of the night that they we would empty their barrels and they were just tossing fist fulls in. We got quite a bit and haven't even touched it...I'm gonna hand it out for the trick or treaters, lol. Oh don't forget that even though the party starts at 7 you can get in to MK with your halloween ticket at 4pm so we used 4 to 7 to ride the rides we wanted with just a little wait. 2) We did the second parade bc I wanted to meet characters. The 7 Dwarfs never appear anywhere for pictures except the halloween party so we did that first then I got in line for Minnie so I got those out of the way early then hit the candy trails and hit other characters on my way around the park. I made my way to Haunted Mansion (only for pictures, they have a pic in front of the carriage with a ghost that is cool if you are using photopass) then went to the hub to watch the fireworks. As soon as the fireworks were over it was around 10 and we just walked towards main street where the circle meets main st and I asked a CM where the best spot to see the parade was and she walked us over to an area and put some masking tape on the street and told us to stand there. We were in the front and had a perfect view of the headless horseman! I would probably do it again that way.

3) There were tons of people in costumes...it made me feel like I wish I had dressed up. We are going next year and definitely will dress up. I had made a tie dye orange and black mickey tshirt that I wore but I want to do a real costume next year. If dressing up isn't your thing and if you have kids, since they don't want to see characters you could get in line early for free face painting. The face painting spot was on the right as soon as you enter toontown before Goofy's Barnstormer.

Hopefully I answered everything. I'll try to get some pictures up in the next couple of days to show you!
I was there on Friday the 26th for the party, and have one or two things to add.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - this is one of the main reasons my wife and I wanted to go, we have being going for several years now and have pictures with as many of the characters with our kids as possible. So for us getting these pictures were a must if we were doing the party. That said they stand directly behind the Mad Hatter's Tea Party ride. The Halloween Party starts at 7pm, the line for the these pictures started at 6:30, I got in line and sent wife and kids off to play for 20 min. Around 6:50 the cast members came out and said Snow White and the Dwarfs will be out at 7:30, there will be no Photopass and no Autographs(figured this). By the time they came out the line was to the face painting booth and was was even more crazy is that, they only work 30 on and 30 off, yet the line still grows. If you want this picture get here first and wait early so you do not miss actual Halloween party time.

We were told to call day of the party to make sure you can get in early, if attendance in the park is high they will not always let you in early.

We also did the second parade and it great. We watched the fireworks by the carousel(first time ever) not watching from main street and they were great. Supposedly they run these fireworks off from different area than Wishes(there usual show) and they are right on top off you.

In Frontierland they have a new picture room, where you can get Tarzan, Jane, and Terk, this was a first for us so we were excited.

Dance parties I love letting the kids do this, they can go crazy with characters and its fun to watch.

We also stayed for the last Villains Mix and Mingle and was able to get several great pics with people you only see in shows and parades. They were Maleficient, Cruella Da Vill, Frollo, Jafar, Wicked Queen from Snow White, Captain Hook(but he's everywhere), and Queen of Hearts all of these are great pictures if your family is into this stuff.

Here are some pics from party

Disney Pics

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in this thread but I didn't want to gp through 24 pages to find it.

Is the Dining plan worht it?

It's 41.99 pre day per guest. In my family's cas that's 160 a day. Seems like a lot.

I figure between lunch and dinner I'll be spending somwhere close to 150 but it just seems like the price is high.

Any thoughts??

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in this thread but I didn't want to gp through 24 pages to find it.Is the Dining plan worht it?It's 41.99 pre day per guest. In my family's cas that's 160 a day. Seems like a lot.I figure between lunch and dinner I'll be spending somwhere close to 150 but it just seems like the price is high.Any thoughts??
we found it well worth it last time and are doing it again this time.. Of course now that we are getting it for free it is even better :goodposting:

Just returned from 7 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. I'll try to put together a trip report soon - right now I'm just trying to catch up on work. Had a ton of fun, tried 'Ohana for the first time (awesome), did the MNSSHP (also awesome) and generally had a blast.

This thread has been very helpful, but almost too much info. I asked a woman I know who is a travel agent about a Disney trip for fall (Nov,Dec) 2010. This is what she sent me back, does it sound about right? This is without the price for flights from Central Illinois.

I did a price for 6 nights Dec. 1 at the value resort, 6 day hopper admission, and basic dining plan-1 counter, 1 snack, 1 full service meal. The total rate for all four of you is $2796.52 in a standard room. A preferred room is an additional $101.68. I would highly recommend the preferred room. It is a much better location. If you upgraded to a moderate resort, the rate would be $3246.28 for a standard room with the same ticket type and dining plan. A water view room at the moderate resort is $168.72 more. Like I said before too, if they come out with a specail promotion we can adjust your package as well.
Thanks for your help,Chris

This thread has been very helpful, but almost too much info. I asked a woman I know who is a travel agent about a Disney trip for fall (Nov,Dec) 2010. This is what she sent me back, does it sound about right? This is without the price for flights from Central Illinois.

I did a price for 6 nights Dec. 1 at the value resort, 6 day hopper admission, and basic dining plan-1 counter, 1 snack, 1 full service meal. The total rate for all four of you is $2796.52 in a standard room. A preferred room is an additional $101.68. I would highly recommend the preferred room. It is a much better location. If you upgraded to a moderate resort, the rate would be $3246.28 for a standard room with the same ticket type and dining plan. A water view room at the moderate resort is $168.72 more. Like I said before too, if they come out with a specail promotion we can adjust your package as well.
I wouldn't pay anything extra for a preferred room at a value. All of the room sizes are small the only difference is the view. If you can swing the extra $450 the upgrade to a moderate IS worth it, IMO.

I wouldn't pay anything extra for a preferred room at a value. All of the room sizes are small the only difference is the view. If you can swing the extra $450 the upgrade to a moderate IS worth it, IMO.
I definitely agree. We just stayed in All Star Sports no matter where you are it isn't a far walk to anything. We weren't in our room much and weren't sure about staying in a moderate but we booked for next September and are staying in Coronado Springs. The price difference wasn't much and really seemed worth it. Also check to see when Pop Warner week is...I know it is in December but not sure when. If your dates are flexible you may want to avoid it, I hear it can be crazy at the parks and especially the value and mod resorts.

Leaving Sunday for 5 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. Can't wait. Also just downloaded the Sunday Ticket app to my iPhone so I can watch the games on the way from the airport to the hotel. Will probably have to turn it off once we check in, though -- something about my kids wanting to go to the Magic Kingdom? Not sure what they're talking about...

I don't know the age of the 4 guests, I assumed 2 adults and 2 children. Travel DatesCheck In December 1, 2010Check Out December 7, 2010Travel Party2 Adults2 Children (Ages 6 & 7)Resort ChoiceDisney's All-Star Movies ResortDining and Entertainment ChoiceMagic Your Way Package Plus DiningPark Ticket Choice6 Day Magic Your Way TicketPark Hopper® Option Total: $2,366.22 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------That's just base rates from disney.com. Any online Disney travel agent specialist should be able to get you at least 20% off for that time of year. Tell your agent friend to piss off.p.s. if you're flexible, try to avoid both Fri & Sat night stays as the rates are higher. For your 6 nights arriving on a Sunday and departing on a Sat. would be cheapest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not stayed on resort in a while.

But I have done both ways and don't think there is a huge advantage unless you stay on the monorail.

I don't mind parking anymore than I minded getting the bus. Not a big thing IMO unless you really want the meal plan.

On Epcot...my kid loved it. Nemo, a few of the pavilions, Honey I Shrunk the Audience...even that energy thing with Ellen he enjoyed.

And after he gets over the first fire ball, he loved Illuminations too. But he has a bit of an aversion to fire, so the first little bit is a bit much for him (he was 2 and 2 and a half when he went...hopefully at 5 he will do better with that...but he still does not like going out for Japanese food with the fire on the table).

I just booked the Contemporary from Jan 3 to Jan 10.

Used the buy 4 get 3 deal, came out to around $3000 for the 4 (kids are 4 and 1.5) of us with Dining plan and park hopper.

I just booked the Contemporary from Jan 3 to Jan 10.Used the buy 4 get 3 deal, came out to around $3000 for the 4 (kids are 4 and 1.5) of us with Dining plan and park hopper.
Right, if you can get deals like the 7 for 4 nights. It's worth the stay on the grounds. These kind of deals make me wish we did not join the DVC a while back, but it's because of the ecomony.

9 and under at Disney is basically a waste of money. Kids of that age would have the same amount of fun at a local fair.
:confused: Most rides have 40" restrictions. My 8 yo girl is 50" and my 6yo is 45". So, they can do any of the rides and see all the shows.

What exactly would be a waste for anyone under 9?
Why..because any 9 year would have as much fun at any local carnival going on all the rides as they would at Disney. you would save about 5 grand, and your kids would not be crying about how tired they are and wanting to go back to the hotel and swim. I had a buddy that was a Disney exec, he told me that is is exactly why they have the 40"..they are not going to limit the market.Face it..going to Disney with kids under the age of 9 is really about the parents saying they went there..not the kids.

Don`t get me wrong..I love Disney. I took my 14-15 year old girls there last year and they had a great time. I took them there when they were 8-9 and all they wanted to do was swim at the pool.

It is your $$$$$ so if you enjoy it..go for it!
Add all this to the fact that a person's contiguous memory doesn't start until age 8. Kids under the age of 5,6,7 likely won't have strong memories of the trip by the time they graduate high school. I just laugh at my friends & acquaintances who take diaper bags to the park. If your child still takes a nap or isn't old enough to feed themselves, use a public restroom, wash their own hands... don't bother.

I just booked the Contemporary from Jan 3 to Jan 10.Used the buy 4 get 3 deal, came out to around $3000 for the 4 (kids are 4 and 1.5) of us with Dining plan and park hopper.
Right, if you can get deals like the 7 for 4 nights. It's worth the stay on the grounds. These kind of deals make me wish we did not join the DVC a while back, but it's because of the ecomony.
I'm going to check out the Bay Lake tower when we are there. I figured with 2 little ones, I see us going down there often enough to justify the cost of DVC.

9 and under at Disney is basically a waste of money. Kids of that age would have the same amount of fun at a local fair.
:confused: Most rides have 40" restrictions. My 8 yo girl is 50" and my 6yo is 45". So, they can do any of the rides and see all the shows.

Why..because any 9 year would have as much fun at any local carnival going on all the rides as they would at Disney. you would save about 5 grand, and your kids would not be crying about how tired they are and wanting to go back to the hotel and swim. I had a buddy that was a Disney exec, he told me that is is exactly why they have the 40"..they are not going to limit the market.Face it..going to Disney with kids under the age of 9 is really about the parents saying they went there..not the kids.

Don`t get me wrong..I love Disney. I took my 14-15 year old girls there last year and they had a great time. I took them there when they were 8-9 and all they wanted to do was swim at the pool.

Add all this to the fact that a person's contiguous memory doesn't start until age 8. Kids under the age of 5,6,7 likely won't have strong memories of the trip by the time they graduate high school. I just laugh at my friends & acquaintances who take diaper bags to the park. If your child still takes a nap or isn't old enough to feed themselves, use a public restroom, wash their own hands... don't bother.
My son is 6, has been there 7 times and could draw you a map of where everything is in Magic Kingdom and EPCOT including his favorite eateries. When we stay at hotels he's already stayed at he knows where everything is from the last time he was there. Several classmates of his are going for the first time and I've seen him talk to them about what they can do there, what rides are fun, and that the candy store in MK is his favorite candy store. The true fact is that every kid and family is different and statements like yours really hold no value.

My 2 year old has been twice and will be 3times before she turns 3. She loves it so much. Will she remember it 15 years from now? WTF cares? I'll always remember her face and yells of excitement when she "met" Minnie Mouse, Cinderella, rode It's A Small Workd, etc.

I'm going to check out the Bay Lake tower when we are there. I figured with 2 little ones, I see us going down there often enough to justify the cost of DVC.
My 7 month DVC booking window just opened this morning for a our June 12 trip and I successfully moved our reservation from our home resort of Beach Club Villas to the Bay Lake Tower. We are really looking forward to staying there.

Itinerary is just about set and all reservations have been made for some time. However, I've had a heart breaking momnet. We all know - the regulars in this thread - that I have a certain affinity for O'Hana at the Polynesian. Again, it's the best meal on the planet. No, I don't care if you disagree.

Well, my recent medical issues have made me significantly augment my diet to the point where I can't eat anything, well, fun, for lack of a better phrase. In reviewing dining options it became clear that I simply wouldn't be able to enjoy the entire menu of O'Hana this time, and since my wife is not as fond of it as I am and my son loves the tiki's and the dessert (who doesn't) we've decided to remove that place for our reservation list. :thumbdown: It won't be the same.

Staying at Old Key West again and will likely be playing golf at the course there as well. We are also going to do the camp out smore's fest with Chip and Dale and the Campgrounds as friends are driving their RV down at the same time and have asked us to join them.

We were going to drive to Charleston to stay the night there and check out the city for the day but we got such a good deal on everything that we are just adding an extra day at the parks instead and driving almost straight through with only one sleep break.

:yes: Most rides have 40" restrictions. My 8 yo girl is 50" and my 6yo is 45". So, they can do any of the rides and see all the shows.

My 2 year old has been twice and will be 3times before she turns 3. She loves it so much. Will she remember it 15 years from now? WTF cares? I'll always remember her face and yells of excitement when she "met" Minnie Mouse, Cinderella, rode It's A Small Workd, etc.
:yes: My thoughts exactly. I'm taking them there just as much for me than for their enjoyment.

My 7 month DVC booking window just opened this morning for a our June 12 trip and I successfully moved our reservation from our home resort of Beach Club Villas to the Bay Lake Tower. We are really looking forward to staying there.
Staying Bay Lake next September. Doing the Cruiseline in February.

Itinerary is just about set and all reservations have been made for some time. However, I've had a heart breaking momnet. We all know - the regulars in this thread - that I have a certain affinity for O'Hana at the Polynesian. Again, it's the best meal on the planet. No, I don't care if you disagree.Well, my recent medical issues have made me significantly augment my diet to the point where I can't eat anything, well, fun, for lack of a better phrase. In reviewing dining options it became clear that I simply wouldn't be able to enjoy the entire menu of O'Hana this time, and since my wife is not as fond of it as I am and my son loves the tiki's and the dessert (who doesn't) we've decided to remove that place for our reservation list. :wall: It won't be the same.Staying at Old Key West again and will likely be playing golf at the course there as well. We are also going to do the camp out smore's fest with Chip and Dale and the Campgrounds as friends are driving their RV down at the same time and have asked us to join them.We were going to drive to Charleston to stay the night there and check out the city for the day but we got such a good deal on everything that we are just adding an extra day at the parks instead and driving almost straight through with only one sleep break.
Think of your health first. It's just food. Albeit mouth watering spicy chicken wings with endless grilled succulent shrimp and warm guey bread pudding. At least you won't have to listen to that hula wearing chick try to teach you how to say friend in Polynesian or whatever they speak.

:thumbup: Most rides have 40" restrictions. My 8 yo girl is 50" and my 6yo is 45". So, they can do any of the rides and see all the shows.

I agree - I never do anything with my kids (3 and 1). Why bother? Vacations, going for walks, reading them books, playing with them outside - it'a all a waste because they wont remember it. My kid wanted to watch Mickey the other day - I cut a fake TV out of a cardboard box and stapled a dead mouse from the basement in it. HAHA! And it's cool because he'll never remember it.I can't believe there are people that actually enjoy bringing their small children places because it simply brings a smile to their face, while at the same time allowing the parent to spend quality time with their children and relive a little bit of their youth through their kids. And the fact that they enjoy it? Suckers I say. How dare my children mildly inconvenience me by making me carry an extra bag?

The next time my kids want soemthing I'll remind them about the contiguous memory thing. Even if they won't remember it.

:rolleyes: Most rides have 40" restrictions. My 8 yo girl is 50" and my 6yo is 45". So, they can do any of the rides and see all the shows.

I agree - I never do anything with my kids (3 and 1). Why bother? Vacations, going for walks, reading them books, playing with them outside - it'a all a waste because they wont remember it. My kid wanted to watch Mickey the other day - I cut a fake TV out of a cardboard box and stapled a dead mouse from the basement in it. HAHA! And it's cool because he'll never remember it.I can't believe there are people that actually enjoy bringing their small children places because it simply brings a smile to their face, while at the same time allowing the parent to spend quality time with their children and relive a little bit of their youth through their kids. And the fact that they enjoy it? Suckers I say. How dare my children mildly inconvenience me by making me carry an extra bag?

The next time my kids want soemthing I'll remind them about the contiguous memory thing. Even if they won't remember it.
That was :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: funny.. :thumbup:

Itinerary is just about set and all reservations have been made for some time. However, I've had a heart breaking momnet. We all know - the regulars in this thread - that I have a certain affinity for O'Hana at the Polynesian. Again, it's the best meal on the planet. No, I don't care if you disagree.Well, my recent medical issues have made me significantly augment my diet to the point where I can't eat anything, well, fun, for lack of a better phrase. In reviewing dining options it became clear that I simply wouldn't be able to enjoy the entire menu of O'Hana this time, and since my wife is not as fond of it as I am and my son loves the tiki's and the dessert (who doesn't) we've decided to remove that place for our reservation list. :wall: It won't be the same.Staying at Old Key West again and will likely be playing golf at the course there as well. We are also going to do the camp out smore's fest with Chip and Dale and the Campgrounds as friends are driving their RV down at the same time and have asked us to join them.We were going to drive to Charleston to stay the night there and check out the city for the day but we got such a good deal on everything that we are just adding an extra day at the parks instead and driving almost straight through with only one sleep break.
Not to be nosey but what modifications do you have to make if you don't mind sharing? I only ask bc of how good Disney is at making dietary accomodations and any changes you make at other restaurants may be able to be made at O'hana if you really want to go. When we were there in September, my mom came with us and she has celiac and can't eat gluten. The chef came out and made her this incredible plate that was gluten free and she loved it. They went above and beyond moreso than any other restaurant IMO. Even if you don't get O'hana...enjoy your trip!

:thumbdown: Most rides have 40" restrictions. My 8 yo girl is 50" and my 6yo is 45". So, they can do any of the rides and see all the shows.

Bravo....standing O... :lmao: :lmao:

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in this thread but I didn't want to gp through 24 pages to find it.Is the Dining plan worht it?It's 41.99 pre day per guest. In my family's cas that's 160 a day. Seems like a lot.I figure between lunch and dinner I'll be spending somwhere close to 150 but it just seems like the price is high.Any thoughts??
It's worth it if you are planning on doing any Character meals or buffets.

Itinerary is just about set and all reservations have been made for some time. However, I've had a heart breaking momnet. We all know - the regulars in this thread - that I have a certain affinity for O'Hana at the Polynesian. Again, it's the best meal on the planet. No, I don't care if you disagree.Well, my recent medical issues have made me significantly augment my diet to the point where I can't eat anything, well, fun, for lack of a better phrase. In reviewing dining options it became clear that I simply wouldn't be able to enjoy the entire menu of O'Hana this time, and since my wife is not as fond of it as I am and my son loves the tiki's and the dessert (who doesn't) we've decided to remove that place for our reservation list. :IBTL: It won't be the same.Staying at Old Key West again and will likely be playing golf at the course there as well. We are also going to do the camp out smore's fest with Chip and Dale and the Campgrounds as friends are driving their RV down at the same time and have asked us to join them.We were going to drive to Charleston to stay the night there and check out the city for the day but we got such a good deal on everything that we are just adding an extra day at the parks instead and driving almost straight through with only one sleep break.
Not to be nosey but what modifications do you have to make if you don't mind sharing? I only ask bc of how good Disney is at making dietary accomodations and any changes you make at other restaurants may be able to be made at O'hana if you really want to go. When we were there in September, my mom came with us and she has celiac and can't eat gluten. The chef came out and made her this incredible plate that was gluten free and she loved it. They went above and beyond moreso than any other restaurant IMO. Even if you don't get O'hana...enjoy your trip!
Nothing spicy/acidic/no alcohol and if its too rich I can't breathe very well for some time after. When we were there last year I was just starting feeling the effects of my new lifestyle and could only stomache the meats but nothing else at the table, including the wings which is basically a part of my soul at this point. If we went, I would probably only be able to eat without incident the steak chicken and pork, and the salad without dressing. That isn't any way to enjoy the place. Hopefully I'm better by next year.

Got back last week from 5 or 6 days at Wilderness Lodge. It was during what's called "Jersey Week" (I guess the schools there are closed 3 days during that week and lots of people go on vacation).

In past years, my family has had the Lodge bar pretty much to itself each night, but this year it was wall-to-wall guys in Yankees and Phillies stuff watching the World Series. And, Space Mountain was closed, but otherwise we had a great time.

We go every other year, and for the second time in a row, the Hoop-Di-Do Review was one of the kids' single most favorite things there. Still can't quite believe that.

So 24 pages is a lot to read through, although I might try to tackle it.

I am doing a family vacation to Disneyworld (everything is already purchased) over thanksgiving week. We are doing all four parks, staying at the All Star Music. Some of the time it will be just 6 of us (4 adults and 2 kids) and some of the time there will be 9 adults and 4 kids. The last day will be just my wife and I.

Any tips for a rookie? I went to Disney World as a kid and grew up in LA so I went to Disneyland somewhat often, but I haven't been in 15+ years.

Got back last week from 5 or 6 days at Wilderness Lodge. It was during what's called "Jersey Week" (I guess the schools there are closed 3 days during that week and lots of people go on vacation). In past years, my family has had the Lodge bar pretty much to itself each night, but this year it was wall-to-wall guys in Yankees and Phillies stuff watching the World Series. And, Space Mountain was closed, but otherwise we had a great time.We go every other year, and for the second time in a row, the Hoop-Di-Do Review was one of the kids' single most favorite things there. Still can't quite believe that.
How old are the kids?We are trying to decide between the Hoopdido or Mickeys Backyard BBQ. Not sure which one would be better for a 4 and 1 year old.

So 24 pages is a lot to read through, although I might try to tackle it.I am doing a family vacation to Disneyworld (everything is already purchased) over thanksgiving week. We are doing all four parks, staying at the All Star Music. Some of the time it will be just 6 of us (4 adults and 2 kids) and some of the time there will be 9 adults and 4 kids. The last day will be just my wife and I.Any tips for a rookie? I went to Disney World as a kid and grew up in LA so I went to Disneyland somewhat often, but I haven't been in 15+ years.
Meal plan? You should have reservations by now.

So 24 pages is a lot to read through, although I might try to tackle it.I am doing a family vacation to Disneyworld (everything is already purchased) over thanksgiving week. We are doing all four parks, staying at the All Star Music. Some of the time it will be just 6 of us (4 adults and 2 kids) and some of the time there will be 9 adults and 4 kids. The last day will be just my wife and I.Any tips for a rookie? I went to Disney World as a kid and grew up in LA so I went to Disneyland somewhat often, but I haven't been in 15+ years.
Meal plan? You should have reservations by now.
My brother bought his tickets through Travelocity and they told him they cant do a meal plan, because he bought through Travelocity. I can still buy one, but I haven't looked into it yet. When you say I should have reservations by now, what do you mean? (Oh man I am in trouble...)

I am doing a family vacation to Disneyworld (everything is already purchased) over thanksgiving week. We are doing all four parks, staying at the All Star Music. Some of the time it will be just 6 of us (4 adults and 2 kids) and some of the time there will be 9 adults and 4 kids. The last day will be just my wife and I.

Any tips for a rookie? I went to Disney World as a kid and grew up in LA so I went to Disneyland somewhat often, but I haven't been in 15+ years.
http://yourfirstvisit.net/

thanks :lmao: Who would have thought going to Disney would be so complicated?

thanks :goodposting: Who would have thought going to Disney would be so complicated?
Going for our 2nd time in 22 days and I'm still concerned I won't get to everything I want but we are sure going to try :thumbup: Since you mentioned Disneyland,,,, Something I read the other day that will give you an idea how big it is..

ALL of Disneyland could fit in the parking lot of Magic Kingdom, with room for a few hundred cars :eek:

If you have the time check out these sites:

Forums.. A TON of information!

Deb's Diney Info

thanks :goodposting: Who would have thought going to Disney would be so complicated?
Going for our 2nd time in 22 days and I'm still concerned I won't get to everything I want but we are sure going to try :thumbup: Since you mentioned Disneyland,,,, Something I read the other day that will give you an idea how big it is..

ALL of Disneyland could fit in the parking lot of Magic Kingdom, with room for a few hundred cars :eek:

If you have the time check out these sites:

Forums.. A TON of information!

Deb's Diney Info
Thanks! Ill try to check those out as well.

The kid won't appreciate Epcot.Do yourself a favor and do not stay on the resort, it'll cost you a fortune.
It's worth it, if you can afford it.
I don't know how old the kid in question was, but my 4-year old loved Epcot, especially the crafts in each country. Also, spaceship Earth was the only ride that she asked to go on multiple times.
The crafts stations in Epcot are pretty cool, my 3 year old loved the one at test track.

Users who are viewing this thread