Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Disney Vacation


Recommended Posts

They released the updated FP+ attraction list for Hollywood studios not surprisingly, all of the ToyStoryLand attractions are Tier 1, meaning you can only have one fo those comprise your 3 pre-reserved FPs. 

Quote

 Tier 1. Select 1

Alien Swirling Saucers
Slinky Dog Dash
Toy Story Mania

Tier 2 attractions, of which you’ll be able to select two, will include:

Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
Disney Junior Live on Stage!
Fantasmic!
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Muppet*Vision 3D
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

 

 

prior to this, the tier 1's were

•Toy Story Mania!
•Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
•Fantasmic!
•Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster

Edited by glvsav37
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2018 at 10:56 AM, Capella said:
On 4/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, harryhood said:

3.5 hour FoP wait this week.   Kudos to those families who can actually survive a 210 minute line for a 5 minute ride.  20 minutes after rope drop the wait was at 3 hours.  

They must have done an amazing job with the queue because from the outside you can't see any lines.  

The queue is enormous. Never seen anything like it. 

I haven't seen it posted under 2.5 hours for three weeks.  Have a friend there now and was there for rope drop....2 hour wait to start his day...later that afternoon it was over 3 hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, harryhood said:

Great day at Epcot.  Got the big 3 in but the touring suggestions online clamoring for Frozen as your Tier 1 FP kinda backfired today. 

60 minute wait tops today for that while TestTrack and Soarin were routinely at 2 hr until dinner time.   

Seems like that frozen ride really didn’t work out for them. Not a lot of excitement for it and not a lot of people waiting for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Capella said:

Feels like they half-assed it, which is weird for such a big franchise for them. 

They were constricted by the fact that the Malestrom track was already set

Having said that, I dont have any issues with the ride. It was fine. Not sure what more they could have done with the story type ride like Peter Pan/Little Mermaid 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

its no longer a secret that there will be an exclusive membership Club 33 location built at each of the 4 WDW theme parks. Some of the locations have are being constructed (like at MK) or repurposed areas (like at Studios and Epcot)

For AK, there was talk that an area behind Tiffens restaurant would be built for the new club. However a new, sorta secret location has emerged as the new frontrunner for the club. 

Seems, McDonalds had a private lounge built into Dinosaur for when they sponsored the attraction up until 2008. The area has been largely unused since then but the inside looks pretty cool.   Private corporate lounges were built into most of the attractions in Epcot b/c of the majority of sponsorships in the park.

 

of course none of this matters unless you have a spare $25K laying around and can swing the $15K annual dues—although it might be cheaper then a DVC membership these days.  

Edited by glvsav37
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

its no longer a secret that there will be an exclusive membership Club 33 location built at each of the 4 WDW theme parks. Some of the locations have are being constructed (like at MK) or repurposed areas (like at Studios and Epcot)

For AK, there was talk that an area behind Tiffens restaurant would be built for the new club. However a new, sorta secret location has emerged as the new frontrunner for the club. 

Seems, McDonalds had a private lounge built into Dinosaur for when they sponsored the attraction up until 2008. The area has been largely unused since then but the inside looks pretty cool.   Private corporate lounges were built into most of the attractions in Epcot b/c of the majority of sponsorships in the park.

 

of course none of this matters unless you have a spare $25K laying around and can swing the $15K annual dues—although it might be cheaper then a DVC membership these days.  

Somewhat related is that GE used to have a corporate lounge in the Carousel of Progress attraction back in the 70s and early 80s.    Worked for a company that was a big customer of GE and got an invite when my wife and I went to DisneyWorld on our honeymoon back in 1982.   Still have the invite in a scrap book somewhere.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, I am posting from animal kingdom lodge.  We are here for three days.  Current plan:

Monday: Animal Kingdom. FP @ kilomanjaro safari, Kali River, and Avatar Flight.  Dinner at Jiko.

Tuesday: plan was to go to Waterpark, but now it looks like it's going to rain all day.  No dinner plans, was thinking of meeting up with family I have in Orlando. 

Wedmesday: Epcot.  FP @ Frozen.  Dinner @ La Cellier.

So... If it's cold and rainy on Tuesday, suggestions on what to do? Wife really doesn't want to be walking around in wet poncho, but don't want to be cooped up in hotel all day either. 

Suggestions? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, I am posting from animal kingdom lodge.  We are here for three days.  Current plan:

Monday: Animal Kingdom. FP @ kilomanjaro safari, Kali River, and Avatar Flight.  Dinner at Jiko.

Tuesday: plan was to go to Waterpark, but now it looks like it's going to rain all day.  No dinner plans, was thinking of meeting up with family I have in Orlando. 

Wedmesday: Epcot.  FP @ Frozen.  Dinner @ La Cellier.

So... If it's cold and rainy on Tuesday, suggestions on what to do? Wife really doesn't want to be walking around in wet poncho, but don't want to be cooped up in hotel all day either. 

Suggestions? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Just MO but unless it’s so cold that you would be miserable I would still do the water park - I’m assuming unless it’s storms it will be open and I’ve had fun at water parks before in the rain.

Forcast is mid 70s.  Not sure if that will feel cold or not. I suspect it will.  Also, lightning in the forcast.  Will revisit forcast tomorrow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, moleculo said:

Forcast is mid 70s.  Not sure if that will feel cold or not. I suspect it will.  Also, lightning in the forcast.  Will revisit forcast tomorrow. 

Storms would be bad as they would probably close things down for 30-60 minutes for each strike or when they hear thunder.

Couple of options:

- Disney springs - you can kind of hop from building to building or carry an umbrella.

- One thing I’ve always wanted to do is tour some hotels we haven’t been to before.  Seems like a rainy day may be a good time to do that 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We got to the Polynesian last night and our plan was to try to get out of the room by 7:20 am to hit Animal Kingdom this morning for Magic Hours and head straight for Flight of Passage. Of course, I was ready to go 20 minutes after waking up but everyone else was late. We got lucky and there was an Uber right out front. Got to the park at 7:45. We were in line for the ride by 8 am. It was a 75-minute wait, but it went pretty fast. I am extremely prone to motion sickness. It's almost embarrassing how bad I am. From what I had read about FoP, it seemed like I'd be OK. Well, halfway through the ride, I took off the 3D glasses and looked around to reorient myself because all I could think was, I am going to puke and they're going to have to close this ride and we will be asked to leave Disney World and I will become a pariah. I was really close. We got off and my wife said I was pouring sweat, which I was. Then, because I didn't want to look like a total wuss in front of my family, we used our Fastpass for Expedition Everest. Yeah, going backwards on a roller coaster in the dark wasn't the best choice. I felt worse, and it took me hours to recover. It's like I'm 1,000 years old.

We were going to get a churro for my son and leave the park when I realized I didn't have my wallet. I had been paying for everything with Magic Band so I have no idea when my wallet went missing. I put the chances at 95 percent that I'd been pickpocketed. I had about $250 in cash (basically for emergency, although I should've just left it hidden in the room), my license and three credit cards. I was feeling pretty crappy, but my wife did her best to tell me not to let it ruin our trip. We got the churro and hit lost and found on the way out of the park. I talked to the guy at guest relations, he went into the back room, and came out with my wallet. I said, "No way." He said, "I guess there are still good people left in the world." Nothing was missing, not even the cash. Just a massive relief. I have no idea how I lost it.

 

  • Like 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today was pretty much perfect. All fast passes lined up perfectly. 

I hit every single ride @ animal kingdom without waiting more than 30 minutes anywhere, and we were out by 6:00.  Dinner at Jiko was amazing. Hit the hot tub, kids in bed by 9:30.

I did not see @phandango or his wallet. 

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, phandango said:

We got to the Polynesian last night and our plan was to try to get out of the room by 7:20 am to hit Animal Kingdom this morning for Magic Hours and head straight for Flight of Passage. Of course, I was ready to go 20 minutes after waking up but everyone else was late. We got lucky and there was an Uber right out front. Got to the park at 7:45. We were in line for the ride by 8 am. It was a 75-minute wait, but it went pretty fast. I am extremely prone to motion sickness. It's almost embarrassing how bad I am. From what I had read about FoP, it seemed like I'd be OK. Well, halfway through the ride, I took off the 3D glasses and looked around to reorient myself because all I could think was, I am going to puke and they're going to have to close this ride and we will be asked to leave Disney World and I will become a pariah. I was really close. We got off and my wife said I was pouring sweat, which I was. Then, because I didn't want to look like a total wuss in front of my family, we used our Fastpass for Expedition Everest. Yeah, going backwards on a roller coaster in the dark wasn't the best choice. I felt worse, and it took me hours to recover. It's like I'm 1,000 years old.

We were going to get a churro for my son and leave the park when I realized I didn't have my wallet. I had been paying for everything with Magic Band so I have no idea when my wallet went missing. I put the chances at 95 percent that I'd been pickpocketed. I had about $250 in cash (basically for emergency, although I should've just left it hidden in the room), my license and three credit cards. I was feeling pretty crappy, but my wife did her best to tell me not to let it ruin our trip. We got the churro and hit lost and found on the way out of the park. I talked to the guy at guest relations, he went into the back room, and came out with my wallet. I said, "No way." He said, "I guess there are still good people left in the world." Nothing was missing, not even the cash. Just a massive relief. I have no idea how I lost it.

 

awesome.  some awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

@phandango - some rides have started affecting me - I can’t ride RnR or Space Mtn more than one time in a short span.  My recommendation is to get some Dramamine and take it before the rides.

I considered that. Our first Fastpass tomorrow morning is the Aerosmith coaster. They had some Dramamine at the gift shop. Man, I can't tell you how old it makes me feel that I'm considering taking Dramamine to go on Disney rides.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

@moleculo - how’s the weather looking and what did you decide.

Temp forcast is up, but storms still in there after noon.  Not sure what we will do. If it's looking bad, we may just call it a hotel day, which is totally cool with me. 

Again, I do have family in Orlando - aunts, uncles, cousins.  Might be a better call to go visit them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, phandango said:

I considered that. Our first Fastpass tomorrow morning is the Aerosmith coaster. They had some Dramamine at the gift shop. Man, I can't tell you how old it makes me feel that I'm considering taking Dramamine to go on Disney rides.

We just got back from a trip to Charlotte where we went to Carowinds - lots of roller coasters.  Both days I got really sick.  Took Dramamine the 2nd day and it seemed to help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, phandango said:

Got to the park at 7:45. We were in line for the ride by 8 am. It was a 75-minute wait,

 

Awesome to hear about your wallet.

Your 75 minute wait has me rethinking my plan to wait until midday.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, moleculo said:

Temp forcast is up, but storms still in there after noon.  Not sure what we will do. If it's looking bad, we may just call it a hotel day, which is totally cool with me. 

Again, I do have family in Orlando - aunts, uncles, cousins.  Might be a better call to go visit them. 

You’re getting rain off and on all day today.  A good non-park day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, phandango said:

 

We were going to get a churro for my son and leave the park when I realized I didn't have my wallet. I had been paying for everything with Magic Band so I have no idea when my wallet went missing. I put the chances at 95 percent that I'd been pickpocketed. I had about $250 in cash (basically for emergency, although I should've just left it hidden in the room), my license and three credit cards. I was feeling pretty crappy, but my wife did her best to tell me not to let it ruin our trip. We got the churro and hit lost and found on the way out of the park. I talked to the guy at guest relations, he went into the back room, and came out with my wallet. I said, "No way." He said, "I guess there are still good people left in the world." Nothing was missing, not even the cash. Just a massive relief. I have no idea how I lost it.

 

That's awesome!    About 5 or 6 years ago my wife found 8 Annual Passes that appeared to be brand new and unused at the Disney resort we were staying.  We turned them into Lost & Found and was told that a family had been looking for them.  I am sure those people were really upset cause that was a good $4000-$5000 they lost.  It felt really good to know they were getting them back.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, shuke said:

Awesome to hear about your wallet.

Your 75 minute wait has me rethinking my plan to wait until midday.  

Flight of Passage is awesome. Probably the coolest ride I've ever been on.  Wife and kids absolutely loved it. We left the park raving about it.  Definately the highlight of the day, and it now is everyone's favorite ride in Disney. 

Best ride in Disney, imo. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, phandango said:

We were going to get a churro for my son and leave the park when I realized I didn't have my wallet. I had been paying for everything with Magic Band so I have no idea when my wallet went missing. I put the chances at 95 percent that I'd been pickpocketed. I had about $250 in cash (basically for emergency, although I should've just left it hidden in the room), my license and three credit cards. I was feeling pretty crappy, but my wife did her best to tell me not to let it ruin our trip. We got the churro and hit lost and found on the way out of the park. I talked to the guy at guest relations, he went into the back room, and came out with my wallet. I said, "No way." He said, "I guess there are still good people left in the world." Nothing was missing, not even the cash. Just a massive relief. I have no idea how I lost it.

 

My wife had a similar incident with her phone a few years ago at the Halloween party.  Set it down in the bathroom (she was dealing with a 3 year old in a costume) and didn't realize it til about 30 minutes later.  We panicked.  Found a CM, she found a supervisor and we had the phone 15 minutes later.  Pretty sweet how these things work out at Disney.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, shuke said:

Anyone ever gone to one of the customer service centers in the park and just asked for a FP they weren't able to get?

Talked to a guy who said he did this and there was no problem at all.

Not this, but twice before, we had issues at the gate with accounts syncing properly to the magic bands and we ended up having to step out of line and have a CM deal with it. Both times my wife asked and received extra FP for everyone in our group. Another time she spent 2 hours in line for Jedi training sign up. She mentioned to CM how it sucked and he gave everyone extra FP. 

I think on at least one of those occasions they gave us a FP for a specific ride we requested. 

Edited by Peter Lemonjello
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fps are a really easy 'make good' that cost WDW nothing and has no impact on other guest experiences. IDK if i would go to guest services if i couldn't get a FP i wanted, but i'm sure if you complain loud enough they will give you anything...my in laws do things like this all the time, its just not my style. 

But i will say that on our last trip, we had a comical amount of extra fast passes. It started at 1900 Park Fare. There was some major issue and we had to wait over hour 1/2 past our dinner reservation, the whole place was a mess and b/c things were off, they were not able to sit people in their normal seating rotation. That is important bc at character meals, the characters move in a pattern, so they seat new guests in place the characters have not visited yet for that cycle. Needless ot say, we got kinda screwed over as we got sat in a place where the characters just left and so we go no M&G experiences thought the whole meal.  

Our sever was very nice and understood what happened, and said she was going to talk to a manager. Within minutes a manager came by with a pad of FP slips. He apologized and was very sorry and offered us 4 anytime FPs. Again, I'm not a complainer, but I wasn't turning them down. He left and then a few minutes later the waitress returned with out check folio....with 4 more anytime FPs inside it. She must have spoke to a different manager while the other one was at our table.

Fast foward a day or so later and we did the Pirate's Adventure game in the MK, and if you do all 4 or 5 maps, you get a free FP for pirates. As we were turning in our last map, there was a staff photographer (not photo pass) in the booth and she was shooting the CM's for their internal magazine, Eyes and Ears. She asked my kids if they would mind being in the shoot, so of course they did (2nd photo down, thats my little guy). After 5 mins of photos, she pulled out a book and gave us 4 more FPs as a thank you.  So that, plus the ones for doing the game. 

A few days later we are back at 1900 park fare (its one of our favorites) for breakfast and had no problems. In chatting with the server, we mentioned how crazy the pace was earlier in the week, just in conversation, not complaining...and at the end of the meal, she also brought us 4 anytime FPs bc she was sorry we had a bad experience, even though it wasn't even her fault. 

So for that trip we had a total of 16 Anytime FPs and 4 addition for pirates. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

Fps are a really easy 'make good' that cost WDW nothing and has no impact on other guest experiences. IDK if i would go to guest services if i couldn't get a FP i wanted, but i'm sure if you complain loud enough they will give you anything...my in laws do things like this all the time, its just not my style. 

But i will say that on our last trip, we had a comical amount of extra fast passes. It started at 1900 Park Fare. There was some major issue and we had to wait over hour 1/2 past our dinner reservation, the whole place was a mess and b/c things were off, they were not able to sit people in their normal seating rotation. That is important bc at character meals, the characters move in a pattern, so they seat new guests in place the characters have not visited yet for that cycle. Needless ot say, we got kinda screwed over as we got sat in a place where the characters just left and so we go no M&G experiences thought the whole meal.  

Our sever was very nice and understood what happened, and said she was going to talk to a manager. Within minutes a manager came by with a pad of FP slips. He apologized and was very sorry and offered us 4 anytime FPs. Again, I'm not a complainer, but I wasn't turning them down. He left and then a few minutes later the waitress returned with out check folio....with 4 more anytime FPs inside it. She must have spoke to a different manager while the other one was at our table.

Fast foward a day or so later and we did the Pirate's Adventure game in the MK, and if you do all 4 or 5 maps, you get a free FP for pirates. As we were turning in our last map, there was a staff photographer (not photo pass) in the booth and she was shooting the CM's for their internal magazine, Eyes and Ears. She asked my kids if they would mind being in the shoot, so of course they did (2nd photo down, thats my little guy). After 5 mins of photos, she pulled out a book and gave us 4 more FPs as a thank you.  So that, plus the ones for doing the game. 

A few days later we are back at 1900 park fare (its one of our favorites) for breakfast and had no problems. In chatting with the server, we mentioned how crazy the pace was earlier in the week, just in conversation, not complaining...and at the end of the meal, she also brought us 4 anytime FPs bc she was sorry we had a bad experience, even though it wasn't even her fault. 

So for that trip we had a total of 16 Anytime FPs and 4 addition for pirates. 

You hit it on the head at the beginning; it's an easy thing for WDW to give out that doesn't cost them anything, but can really go a long way to enhancing the guest experience. 

When we were there last July, we had driven down to Florida for the first time after flying each other time.  Even though we had gotten the van checked out thoroughly before we left, by the time we hit Kissimmee, there was a high-pitched sound coming from underneath when we accelerated.  By the middle of the week, the grinding had started, and it was obvious we were going to need brake work done before we could head back home.  On a day we were supposed to go to Magic Kingdom (our kids' favorite park by far), I had to get up first thing and take the van in to get the brakes replaced.  It ended up taking all morning and even into the afternoon a bit.  We had made our 7 Dwarves Mine Train FP for that afternoon, and it was going to be our first experience riding it.  The longer the van took, the more apparent it was that we weren't going to get to MK in time to hit our window.  

We got to the MK mid-afternoon and we had wanted to go to Pecos Bill's for their "secret nachos" for the family.  While we gorged on the massive plate of nachos, we got talking to our server, to the point where he just sat down with us and was shooting the breeze with us all about his job, working at Disney, what he wanted to do after, etc.  We brought up the van trouble and how we missed our 7DMT fastpass because of it, and, the next thing we know, he's writing us up anytime FPs for it.  Our kids were so pumped, and it just brought a bit of magic after the rough, expensive start to the day.  We rode it later that night.... and the ride stopped while we were on it right in the mine room.  We probably sat there for 15 minutes, hearing Sleepy snore non-stop and all the other sounds in that room.  Now, I'm 6'5" and not the thinnest, and those cars are pretty tight for me, and I'm starting to think that if they have to come evacuate us, I hope there's a manual override for the lap bar to lift up, otherwise they're going to need the Jaws of Life to extricate me from this thing.  Finally, we started moving again and finished our ride, and then we all got another round of FPs when we got off for the inconvenience.  

Edited by Shaft41
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, phandango said:

Holy crap, we had a torrential downpour. We were at Hollywood Studios and were all huddled under an awning. The rain was going sideways, thunder and lightning, and the "street" in front of us was ankle deep in water. Crazy.

Welcome to Florida 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, phandango said:

Holy crap, we had a torrential downpour. We were at Hollywood Studios and were all huddled under an awning. The rain was going sideways, thunder and lightning, and the "street" in front of us was ankle deep in water. Crazy.

It’s raining there? The force field must be malfunctioning. Weird.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings from Anaheim!  

DLR has Wi-Fi now, so there’s Internet access from the depths of the Soarin queue.

already a fan of MaxPass.  We got our tickets scanned at 7:30, made FPs for Guardians via phone for 8:00-9:00, got Down into the Soarin queue with the EMH hotel guests to ride standby, and should have another FP open up after Soarin. Gonna be either Radiator Springs Racers or Guardians a second time.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bruce Dickinson said:

Greetings from Anaheim!  

DLR has Wi-Fi now, so there’s Internet access from the depths of the Soarin queue.

already a fan of MaxPass.  We got our tickets scanned at 7:30, made FPs for Guardians via phone for 8:00-9:00, got Down into the Soarin queue with the EMH hotel guests to ride standby, and should have another FP open up after Soarin. Gonna be either Radiator Springs Racers or Guardians a second time.

Wait, you mean to tell me you didn't have to wake up at 5am 90 days ago to plan out your day?!?!?!  You just showed up and you get to ride what you want when you want??? 

MaxPass>Fastpass

Snark over...

Guardians is pretty awesome.  Trying to figure out when we can get back to the left coast.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

T-1 week until we're headed back to WDW.   Bringing the wife and daughter (3 y.o.).  Bit of a surprise trip because I'm having to go to a conference in Orlando.  Booked it only 2 weeks ago, staying at Pop.  Planning on hitting MK Sunday, Epcot Monday, then the girls are doing HS on Tuesday while I'm tied up.  Pool day on Wed. (check out day), and hit the road that afternoon when I'm out. 

Wife got extremely lucky ADR hunting.  Managed to secure Ohana Saturday evening (check in day), BOG bfast and Chef Mickey lunch on Sunday, Akershus lunch on Monday, and H&V bfast on Tuesday.  Our daughter's favorite thing is to meet characters and princesses, and this is a birthday trip for her so we focused it on that. 

Not going for any of the Mountains, FoP, 7DMT, or any of the big attractions.  Just meet some characters, couple spins on the carousel, boat rides, firework shows, and hopefully some good meals. We were there last Nov. and all our daughter wanted to do was meet characters.  Even if she had no idea who they were, if she saw someone in costume and a photographer nearby she made a beeline.  Screamed in terror on the Barnstormer on Day 1, so we knew then that all "big" rides would be off the table.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...