What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (2 Viewers)

From WDW Prep School’s social media feed:

Free Dining is officially out! 

➡️ Stay dates:
(as long as you check IN during this timeframe, you can get it for your whole trip)

* August 20-September 29, 2018
* November 24-November 27, 2018
* December 7-December 23, 2018

➡️ Minimum stay: 4 nights

➡️ What you get for free:

* Value and Moderate Resorts: Quick Service Dining Plan

* Deluxe Resorts: Regular Dining Plan

* Costs to upgrade:
Quick Service to Regular - $22.99 for adults (age 10+), $4 for kids (age 3-9)
Regular to Deluxe - $40.76 for adults (age 10+), $14.24 for kids (age 3-9)
Quick Service to Deluxe - $63.75 for adults (age 10+), $18.24 for kids (age 3-9)

➡️ Resorts that are INCLUDED are:

* Value - All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Pop Century, Art of Animation suites

* Moderate - Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs Resort, Ft. Wilderness Cabins

* Deluxe and DVC - Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Beach Club Resort and Villas, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas, Boardwalk Inn and Villas, Saratoga Springs Resort

EXCLUDED rooms: campsites, 3 bedroom villas, Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms

➡️ Ticket requirement: 4-day Park Hopper tickets

➡️ Here’s how you can book it.

* Want to make a new reservation on your own? Just click on the offer on the Disney World promotion page and book it from there - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resort-stay-dining-package/

* Have an existing reservation you made and want to modify it? Log in to your My Disney Experience account, go to your resort reservation, and click “modify reservation” to try to apply the promotion. If you have trouble modifying, you could attempt to make an all new reservation (you won’t lose any existing dining reservations you might have made) in a new browser or using incognito mode on your current browser. 

* Have an existing reservation made with a travel agent? They’ll have to try to modify it for you. 

If you run into issues and have trouble finding it for your trip, be sure to keep checking over the next few days.

Travel agents put lots of reservations on hold, and if their clients don’t end up booking, those are released and available to others.

Interesting that all of October and most of Nov are not in there. IDK if that is the same as in the past, but something i noticed

Lasseter's 6 month hiatus is coming...what is Disney/Pixar to do? 

IMO, i think they are dropping him...they almost HAVE to in the current climate. It may take a huge buy out, but I think the studio is safe w/o him. Shame, it is a huge loss of talent, but if the stories are true, then it is a self destruct of epic proportions. 

chaos at AK...Na'vi river journey has been down for 3 straight days and Flight of Passage has been down for 2 with intermittent stoppages at other times. Problem seems to stem from fire alarm issues, and being that both rides share the same show building, once the alarms trigger in one, they both go down. Could be a design flaw of Yeti promotions. 

For you folks who go the Value route... Pop Century is most of the way through a refurb.  There’s still some construction going on, and the sound carries along the water between Pop Century and Art Of Animation, but the refurbed rooms are getting positive reviews, especially the new queen-size beds.
Can confirm - just returned from a 5 day stay at the Pop Century.  Refurbed rooms are very nice.  Queen beds are so much better than the doubles.  Room had hardwood/laminate floors, 1 queen bed and a second queen bed that folded up against the wall (Murphy bed?) and was a table during the daytime.  Wife was very very happy with the added storage areas in the bathroom/closet, plenty of room to stash snacks, clothes, toiletry accessories, etc.  Beds sit up off the ground a decent bit so plenty of room to store suitcases and bags under beds. 

I've never been a fan of the hustle and bustle of the value resorts, and having to bus absolutely everywhere with no other walk/monorail/boat options, but came away from the Pop fairly impressed with the rooms. 

Lasseter's 6 month hiatus is coming...what is Disney/Pixar to do? 

IMO, i think they are dropping him...they almost HAVE to in the current climate. It may take a huge buy out, but I think the studio is safe w/o him. Shame, it is a huge loss of talent, but if the stories are true, then it is a self destruct of epic proportions. 
Wow,  I wasn't aware it was that serious. No way he's back if the article is true.

Got a BS email today telling us that the main pool in Coronado is closed the week we're there. Called to see what they are offering as compensation.....nothing. I'm sure the timing of the announcement, one week after free dining opens, was no coincidence. 

The new LGM-themed ride in the new Toy Story Land is the same design as Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree at DCA Cars Land.  This ride will be so much more fun than it looks.  If you’re working together with a good ride partner on Mater, you can really toss yourself around, much more so than a standard scrambler ride.  

Got a BS email today telling us that the main pool in Coronado is closed the week we're there. Called to see what they are offering as compensation.....nothing. I'm sure the timing of the announcement, one week after free dining opens, was no coincidence. 
That suxors.  

The new LGM-themed ride in the new Toy Story Land is the same design as Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree at DCA Cars Land.  This ride will be so much more fun than it looks.  If you’re working together with a good ride partner on Mater, you can really toss yourself around, much more so than a standard scrambler ride.  
Yeah Maters ride is under rated. Looks like a kiddie ride but can be really fun.

the Alien Swirling Saucers? unfortunate that Disney fans refer to attractions as their acronym....lol...hence it is now known as AS2

Lots of TSLand content come out today...sorry I had a rough day at work today and no time to post any of it here. 

Huge animatronic Wheezy will sing "You got a friend in me" at the end of slink dog coaster

Ride though footage on Slink dog coaster 

ABC did a few segments from there today

I'm hearing though, that they are a bit behind schedule and may not be doing AP/DVC previews, we will see

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates for "Disney After hours" were released today. It's a separate ticket event where they allow only a small number of guests into the MK. 

Thursday, June 28, from 10 p.m.- 1 a.m.
Saturday, June 30, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Saturday, July 7, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Monday, July 9, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Saturday, July 14, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Saturday, July 21, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Saturday, July 28, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Saturday, August 4, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Saturday, August 11, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Thursday, August 30, from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Thursday, September 20, from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Even though it officiality starts at 10pm on most nights, they allow ticketholders in starting at 7 pm

To book the ‘Disney After Hours’ events, call 407-827-7185 or visit here  to learn more information. Advanced purchase price is $119 each, plus tax. If you purchase the day-of, it’ll be $124 each, plus tax. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of specially-priced tickets for just $89 per adult or child, plus tax.

Most attractions are open, and includes free ice cream, bottle drinks and popcorn

The new popcorn bucket at Pixar Fest is Little Green Men themed.  You open the LGM’s mouth to access the popcorn inside.  DLR APs are creating LONG lines at the popcorn stands selling them.

We saw this with the Sulley popcorn buckets when Pixar Fest kicked off.  At rope drop a line at least 50 long assembled at the popcorn stand across from Carthay Circle to be the first to buy Sulley.  The LGM buckets are much higher demand.  

the Alien Swirling Saucers? unfortunate that Disney fans refer to attractions as their acronym....lol...hence it is now known as AS2
The kid refused to believe me wen I told her the official name of the LGM ride is “Alien Swirling Saucers”.  This triggered a brainstorm of alternate ride name possiblities we chose not to take contemporaneous notes of in case she runs for office someday.  (We work a little blue when Mom has Book Club.)

Agreed, thats just a fun ride.  Much more to it than meets the eye.  Its hard to explain though.  

Some time lapse footage of laying the foundation for the GoG coaster at epcot. 960 cement trucks  :shock:  !! 

crazy thing is, I always imagined that the Univ of Energy building was pretty big anyway...being the original ride was 45 minutes long. But to be adding this much space is crazy. 
Thats insane.  I guess I didn't realize they were going have to add to the building.  I mean, RnR is a legit coaster, but its not like the building is massive.  At least it doesn't seem massive, maybe it is?  You don't even see the Universe of Energy building in that video.  

Thats insane.  I guess I didn't realize they were going have to add to the building.  I mean, RnR is a legit coaster, but its not like the building is massive.  At least it doesn't seem massive, maybe it is?  You don't even see the Universe of Energy building in that video.  
Actually it is. I just checked google maps and its like the size of a NASA launch building. I guess they just hide it well. I figure thats what GOG will resemble when done. I saw some shots of the back of universe of energy a week or so ago with 2 large square holes cut out of it. Speculation is these will be the 'launch' area, like what is between the main entrance and large ride building of RnR Coaster.  

adding: in my posted photo, my scale is off between the 2. if you look at the size of the cars for both, the UoEnergy building ones are smaller, but the main buildings look the same size...which makes UoE building actually much bigger. Supporting my claim above that there is so much room in that building, I wonder how it will be used overall. I mean it fit a 45 minute ride originally. Maybe there will be some part of the ride inside that original building, and then they move you to the larger, fast building for the 2nd half...sort of like test track, but just all indoors. IDK?   

Is a brand new Epcot Hotel actually happening? 

A total of 27 separate notices were published today, all referring to the same project code “JPEC8060” and all with addresses on Avenue of the Stars, which is the backstage perimeter road that encircles Epcot. With that many publications, this project is certainly a large one and the new Epcot hotel fits that description.
This s still a guess and it takes years to build one of these, but its something to watch. 

Experts are saying that the hotel (if true) would be built on the Living Sea's side of the parking lot...and some are even saying it could be built right in entrance plaza area. IDK, i think enough people hated the 'Leave a legacy" tombstones there, as hotel building would really kill the front to Epcot. 

Obv this is nothing that is happening tomorrow, but worth keeping on the radar. 

Also, Epcot construction related, construction walls have been build around the old Univ of Energy as it begins to change into a GoG ride sometime in 2-3 years. 

Is a brand new Epcot Hotel actually happening? 

This s still a guess and it takes years to build one of these, but its something to watch. 

Experts are saying that the hotel (if true) would be built on the Living Sea's side of the parking lot...and some are even saying it could be built right in entrance plaza area. IDK, i think enough people hated the 'Leave a legacy" tombstones there, as hotel building would really kill the front to Epcot. 

Obv this is nothing that is happening tomorrow, but worth keeping on the radar. 

Also, Epcot construction related, construction walls have been build around the old Univ of Energy as it begins to change into a GoG ride sometime in 2-3 years. 
Where is that Star Wars hotel going to be built?

Where is that Star Wars hotel going to be built?
I thought it was going to be IN Hollywood Studios :oldunsure:

And why did I think they were rebranding RnR to Guardians?  We were at HS this past weekend, and I can't figure out how people spend a whole day there.  We were ready to go by 1pm.  I think it's better to come later and stay til close/fireworks.

@AcerFC and @The Commish 

yes  SW hotel will be built adjacent to studios, presumably with an entrance right into the new land (like The Grand Californian in DL does right into DCA).

RnRC is being rebranded in Paris, not in Orlando. once TS and SW land, plus Mickey's Runaway Railway ride (replacement for Great movie Ride) comes on line, there will be much more to do and explore in HS. Also, talk of a new Fanstamic show, on the horizon, to keep people there. 

Plus, they just started construction on a brand new Cast Member parking structure behind HS. The current CM parking lot is located right behind Indy Jones show theater, which some speculate would give them room for an Indy jones expansion opportunity. 

On an unrelated note, for those of you who use TP custom plans, how close to park days do you create them?  I did some a month ago, but TP keeps making updates to their crowd predictor, so I assume I have to redo them.

Just checked it out.  It is saying ages 10+.  Are they strict on this?  My daughter is 8.
#### really? then I'm out too...my little guy is 8 as well....and he is the real SW nerd in the family right now. 

If thats what they say, i would assume so. 

It is on the list but Im not sure if we will make it over to Disney Springs at all. 

I did just book a beachcomber Shack at Typhoon Lagoon for the day though
what day? we will be there 8/3 but IDK if thats set in stone now that they have the H2Glow party there at night....i want to do that but the only dates we can do is 2nd or 4th, so i cant do back to back visits at a waterpark.

(i think you guys are leaving before that though, right) 

what day? we will be there 8/3 but IDK if thats set in stone now that they have the H2Glow party there at night....i want to do that but the only dates we can do is 2nd or 4th, so i cant do back to back visits at a waterpark.

(i think you guys are leaving before that though, right) 
yes. We are booked for Thursday July 26th. They are having one of those parties there that night. But we will be eating at Hoop Dee Doo Review

We are leaving on the 31st

On an unrelated note, for those of you who use TP custom plans, how close to park days do you create them?  I did some a month ago, but TP keeps making updates to their crowd predictor, so I assume I have to redo them.
I am waiting until I get my FP+

#### really? then I'm out too...my little guy is 8 as well....and he is the real SW nerd in the family right now. 

If thats what they say, i would assume so. 
It's not like they are going to ID the kids.  It says you just have to sign a waiver.  

It's not like they are going to ID the kids.  It says you just have to sign a waiver.  
They have their ways.  

We tried to get in the test track single rider line when my kid was 6 (you had to be 7 or 8) and the CM spit out the question directly at my kid before I even knew there was an age limit.  Of course my boy proudly told the CM he was 6....no dice buddy.  

I'm sure you can coach your 8-9 year old up a bit, but my guess is if a CM suspects you're trying to pull a fast one they'll have a creative way to ask and get an answer before you or the kid even knows whats going on.  I would guess they're trained on such things.  

That does look pretty awesome though. 

Did anyone see the cost on that?  I clicked on the "buy tickets" tab and looked like too much trouble.  

Been stalking wait times again.  Maybe after after spring break/before summer is the time to go?  

Currently...nothing over 90 minutes!  Mine Train is the most at 85.  Space, Splash and Thunder all 40 or less.  

Early March when I was there MK has 11 attractions 90 minutes or more.  

They have their ways.  

We tried to get in the test track single rider line when my kid was 6 (you had to be 7 or 8) and the CM spit out the question directly at my kid before I even knew there was an age limit.  Of course my boy proudly told the CM he was 6....no dice buddy.  

I'm sure you can coach your 8-9 year old up a bit, but my guess is if a CM suspects you're trying to pull a fast one they'll have a creative way to ask and get an answer before you or the kid even knows whats going on.  I would guess they're trained on such things.  

That does look pretty awesome though. 

Did anyone see the cost on that?  I clicked on the "buy tickets" tab and looked like too much trouble.  
funny....did the same with my daughter this past trip. Just turned 10 and considered a Disney Adult even though she eats less then my 8 year old. So we decided to let her be 9 for 1 more year. We tell her if anyone asks, she's 9 and leave it it that. 

flash forward to departure day, nice vacationing family arrives at the airport, carryon's in hand we are going through security and what happens next?

Mr TSA Agent, holding our ID's and kids birth certificates: "And How old are you, little miss?"

Daughter: "9" 

Me and Wife: "Ohh no...10, she's 10!!"

the one person she shouldn't have lied to..... :doh: Thankfully nothing happened....but I thought for sure I was gong to be the next guy to get the special 'TSA pat down' after that one. 

Sad news if you are a fan of the dining experience at Whispering Canyon. Effective immediately, no more ketchup fun and I'm hearing all the other antics like the fist full of straws, and oversized refills, napkin waving are stopping as well. 

Offical word is that they are 'revamping their offerings' but I don't think you will see any of the 'fun' returning to this location. 

Sad news if you are a fan of the dining experience at Whispering Canyon. Effective immediately, no more ketchup fun and I'm hearing all the other antics like the fist full of straws, and oversized refills, napkin waving are stopping as well. 

Offical word is that they are 'revamping their offerings' but I don't think you will see any of the 'fun' returning to this location. 
I saw this was done due to customer complaints, like there are not a million other "normal" places to eat. Ridiculous. 

OH FOR ####’S SAKE

I’m glad the kid and I built that 15-ketchup-bottle pyramid on our table while we had the chance. People applauded.  A three-generation table let us finish and take photos before asking for ketchup and going to work on their own ketchup-bottle structure.      No harm was done, laughs were had, memories were made.  

Users who are viewing this thread