What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (2 Viewers)

Had a moment of inspiration in the shower today (no not that kind) thinking about the number of things going on at both universal and WDW right now and how they are literally fighting over each other. I've always wanted to do something more public about Disney—blog, podcast, IDK—but it's a very, very crowded space. But hey, that never stopped me from trying—or at least hoarding domains

sooo I went out and secured themeparkfight.com and all the socials. I'm thinking i can make it a place to discuss both WDW and UO as well as the back and forth struggle for visitors between the 2. Let's see whare it goes. 
:popcorn:

glvsav37 said:
Had a moment of inspiration in the shower today (no not that kind) thinking about the number of things going on at both universal and WDW right now and how they are literally fighting over each other. I've always wanted to do something more public about Disney—blog, podcast, IDK—but it's a very, very crowded space. But hey, that never stopped me from trying—or at least hoarding domains

sooo I went out and secured themeparkfight.com and all the socials. I'm thinking i can make it a place to discuss both WDW and UO as well as the back and forth struggle for visitors between the 2. Let's see whare it goes. 
Thats awesome!  You never know where stuff like that might take you.  Good luck. 

Is this the Golden Age of Theme Parks?  

Well it looks wrong as they don't own Sky
I'll admit I don't know much about Sky, but I did find this on Wiki

The Walt Disney Company announced on 14 December 2017, that it would acquire 21st Century Fox, including its stake in Sky plc but barring specific U.S. assets. Fox stated that this purchase would "not alter [its] full commitment and obligation to conclude our proposed transaction". Analysts suggested that Disney's proposed transaction could ease regulatory concerns over Fox's purchase of Sky, as the company will eventually lose its ties to the Murdoch family. Disney has a narrower scope of media ownership in the country than the Murdoch family.[72] Sky already has a relationship with Disney for its Sky Cinema service, holding pay television rights to its films in the United Kingdom and operating a dedicated Sky Cinema channel devoted to Disney content.[73]

glvsav37 said:
I'll admit I don't know much about Sky, but I did find this on Wiki
Fox owned a portion of SKY and Disney had signed an acquisition agreement to buy Fox.  Fox was trying to buy the rest of Sky they didn't own (Disney was involved as well since  at the time Fox was independently owned but under contract to be purchased by Disney) but they lost a bidding war for Sky to Comcast (which just happens to own Universal).  As part of Comcast buying Sky, Fox sold its share in Sky to Comcast so Disney and Fox no longer own any of Sky.  A bit of a stretch to say they owned it as they never did..  

I would add that Fox was trying to buy Sky for awhile (even before Fox and Disney deal) but that deal never happened due to Murduch stuff.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently emails were sent out this morning to people who have reservations at one of the Disneyland hotels after the opening of Galaxy's Edge. We received an email stating that we have a reservation to visit Galaxy's Edge on June 20th from 8 AM to 12 PM. Great! Then I realize that we don't check into the hotel until late afternoon on the 20th. I scroll down the email and it has the details of our hotel reservation, which indicate that we check in on June 19th. I check the confirmation email we received when we made our hotel reservation and it confirms that the reservation starts on the 20th, not the 19th. Try calling the 888 number provided in the email received today to point out the inaccuracy and it is a constant busy signal. Wondering if they screwed things up for everyone staying at one of the Disneyland hotels?

Spent 1 hour 45 minutes on hold, then found out from the customer service rep that all of the dates they assigned (or the emails they sent out) were off by 1 day. She was able to confirm our correct reservation during the call but stated that new emails will be sent out to everyone with the correct date and time.

roarlions said:
Spent 1 hour 45 minutes on hold, then found out from the customer service rep that all of the dates they assigned (or the emails they sent out) were off by 1 day. She was able to confirm our correct reservation during the call but stated that new emails will be sent out to everyone with the correct date and time.
wow, what a cluster fudge....glad you got it straightened out. 

Looks like Rivers of light at AK is finally getting the update no one really wanted, but desperately needs. 

This memorial day, they are enhancing the show to include characters and music from the Disney Nature films.

In other nighttime news, it was announced that MK will NOT have a nighttime parade for it's 50th anniversary :rant: However, some new entertainment is being planned. 

Oh and its been 925 days since MK had a regular night parade (not ones on special party nights)

Looks like Rivers of light at AK is finally getting the update no one really wanted, but desperately needs. 

This memorial day, they are enhancing the show to include characters and music from the Disney Nature films.

In other nighttime news, it was announced that MK will NOT have a nighttime parade for it's 50th anniversary :rant: However, some new entertainment is being planned. 

Oh and its been 925 days since MK had a regular night parade (not ones on special party nights)
Wait. You are mad that there isnt going to be a parade blocking traffic? 

Lots of booking offers dropped today: 

Annual Passholders: save up to 35% on rooms at pretty much all resorts for stays most nights July 1 through August 28, 2019

Gift card promo: guests can receive a digital Disney gift card loaded with varying amounts, depending on their resort type and length of stay.

Save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights May 28 through August 28, 2019 when you book through August 28, 2019.

When you book this offer for arrivals May 28 to June 30, 2019, you’ll receive a Disney Gift Card at check-in—The value of your Disney Gift Card will vary based on Resort Category and original length of stay:

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per room per night
Disney Deluxe Resorts: $20 per room per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $15 per room per night
Disney Value Resorts: $10 per room per night

Free QS Meal: guests booking vacations between May 28 through August 21, 2019 are eligible for the offer when purchasing a vacation package that includes a room for 4-nights at a select Disney Moderate or Vaule Resort Hotel and a 5-day theme park ticket.

With this offer, each member of your party (ages 3 and up) can enjoy one quick-service meal per night of your stay.  This does not include a refillable mug.

• Each quick-service meal includes: 1 entrée, 1 non-alcoholic beverage—or 1 alcoholic beverage for Guests ages 21 and older (must present valid ID to be served alcoholic beverages)
• Offer excludes Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort and The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
• Children ages 3 to 9 must choose from the children’s menu, if available. (Interesting b/c normally there are no designation on QS credits, kids can order adult meals)

Is attendance really that far down this summer? 

Lots of booking offers dropped today: 

Annual Passholders: save up to 35% on rooms at pretty much all resorts for stays most nights July 1 through August 28, 2019

Gift card promo: guests can receive a digital Disney gift card loaded with varying amounts, depending on their resort type and length of stay.

Save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights May 28 through August 28, 2019 when you book through August 28, 2019.

When you book this offer for arrivals May 28 to June 30, 2019, you’ll receive a Disney Gift Card at check-in—The value of your Disney Gift Card will vary based on Resort Category and original length of stay:

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per room per night
Disney Deluxe Resorts: $20 per room per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $15 per room per night
Disney Value Resorts: $10 per room per night

Free QS Meal: guests booking vacations between May 28 through August 21, 2019 are eligible for the offer when purchasing a vacation package that includes a room for 4-nights at a select Disney Moderate or Vaule Resort Hotel and a 5-day theme park ticket.

With this offer, each member of your party (ages 3 and up) can enjoy one quick-service meal per night of your stay.  This does not include a refillable mug.

• Each quick-service meal includes: 1 entrée, 1 non-alcoholic beverage—or 1 alcoholic beverage for Guests ages 21 and older (must present valid ID to be served alcoholic beverages)
• Offer excludes Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort and The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
• Children ages 3 to 9 must choose from the children’s menu, if available. (Interesting b/c normally there are no designation on QS credits, kids can order adult meals)

Is attendance really that far down this summer? 
They offered the same last year. My sister did it. 

Went to MK for the first time in a few years.  The front of the transportation center is torn up, so you have to walk a little further when you get off the trams.  The new front should be nice as they haven't redone it in like 50yrs.  They moved the bag checks to this point, but unless they have metal detectors and bag checks at all the monorail accessible hotels it's probably not that effective.   Park wasn't too crazy, but we got there early did our 3 FP and dipped.  I was at Disney Springs about a year ago, and it has been done for a while.  The adjacent road construction appears to be completed as well.  The area turned out great, and I love the garages.  Don't park in grapefruit.  Lime or orange depending on where you are going.  I can't wait for the gondola's.   Going to have to come back when those are done.  Staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.  Nice place, centrally located.

FYI: Disney Parks will be making a special announcement from Hollywood Studios at 9:55 AM on Wednesday, May 1. No other info yet, I assume it will be broadcast on the Disney Parks Blog. I'll be following and will update when I get more info.

Went to MK for the first time in a few years.  The front of the transportation center is torn up, so you have to walk a little further when you get off the trams.  The new front should be nice as they haven't redone it in like 50yrs.  They moved the bag checks to this point, but unless they have metal detectors and bag checks at all the monorail accessible hotels it's probably not that effective.   Park wasn't too crazy, but we got there early did our 3 FP and dipped.  I was at Disney Springs about a year ago, and it has been done for a while.  The adjacent road construction appears to be completed as well.  The area turned out great, and I love the garages.  Don't park in grapefruit.  Lime or orange depending on where you are going.  I can't wait for the gondola's.   Going to have to come back when those are done.  Staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.  Nice place, centrally located.
they did exactly that. All resort monorail stops have security checks, including the walkway from the Contemporary. It works so much better this way instead of when it was all outside the main entrance to MK and every point of access fed into there. 

FYI: Disney Parks will be making a special announcement from Hollywood Studios at 9:55 AM on Wednesday, May 1. No other info yet, I assume it will be broadcast on the Disney Parks Blog. I'll be following and will update when I get more info.
New park name I assume. 

There are media events happening all day today at HS. So far the only major thing to come out is the announcement of a new Toy Story Themed table service restaurant.

It will be located in some unused building space just before the entrance to TS land. No word on opening dates. IMO, looks a little busy for my taste, but we shall see what it is soon enough. 

Actually, now that I think about it- the bigger news from this (other than the Mickey-Minnie train ride) is that apparently Indy will be sticking around.  I’m basing this on having it be a part of the parade.

While I agree it was lame (today’s event) - they will have completely transformed the park by EOY 2020.
their special event entertainment has really gone downhill. I would be pissed if I was there and got stuck in those crowds just for that. 

They showed some clips of the original opening celebration and they had some dancers and stuff....i get that was a whole park opening, but I've been to more exciting elementary school assemblies. 

their special event entertainment has really gone downhill. I would be pissed if I was there and got stuck in those crowds just for that. 

They showed some clips of the original opening celebration and they had some dancers and stuff....i get that was a whole park opening, but I've been to more exciting elementary school assemblies. 
Agree - this wasn’t a special ticket event was it?  If so,  OOF.

Actually, now that I think about it- the bigger news from this (other than the Mickey-Minnie train ride) is that apparently Indy will be sticking around.  I’m basing this on having it be a part of the parade.
yes he is, they will be taking the show off line for a year or 2 and revamping it. 

I was thinking the other day, I would make that whole side of the park and Indy focused area. You have the stunt show, then (it would suck but...) take star tours out and use that main structure for a temple of some sort. Maybe do a simulator movie like Simpsons at Universal where you are in a mine car and traveling through a temple.  

We are heading down to Orlando tonight for a cheer competition.  Doing Universal next 2 days.  Have breakfast ADRs for Saturday and Sunday and will have a lot of down time the rest of Saturday and then some Sunday.  Couple of questions:

1. Anything going on on-property worth checking out - no park tickets so looking at resorts, Disney Springs.  Will probably just explore Disney Springs or a couple of resorts unless there’s something worth doing

2.  I have a Kona ADR - not changing that one but also have Whispering Canyon - would change that if you guys have a breakfast recommendation.  Again, no park tickets so would have to be outside the parks.  Several character ones but I’m not paying that - looking for decent food, cool experience and hopefully something new.

We are heading down to Orlando tonight for a cheer competition.  Doing Universal next 2 days.  Have breakfast ADRs for Saturday and Sunday and will have a lot of down time the rest of Saturday and then some Sunday.  Couple of questions:

1. Anything going on on-property worth checking out - no park tickets so looking at resorts, Disney Springs.  Will probably just explore Disney Springs or a couple of resorts unless there’s something worth doing

2.  I have a Kona ADR - not changing that one but also have Whispering Canyon - would change that if you guys have a breakfast recommendation.  Again, no park tickets so would have to be outside the parks.  Several character ones but I’m not paying that - looking for decent food, cool experience and hopefully something new.
cool....If i wasnt doing the parks, I would indeed do Disney springs and check out The Void, its the VR experience. They have a Star Wars and a Wreck it Ralph experience. At night, hit up the Boardwalk and walk around that area, catch the Epcot fireworks from the bridge. Hed over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and watch the animals. You might also want to check out some of the outside WDW attractions in Orlando proper. I'm not up on all of them but some simple googling might turn up something fun.

GL with the competition

There are media events happening all day today at HS. So far the only major thing to come out is the announcement of a new Toy Story Themed table service restaurant.

It will be located in some unused building space just before the entrance to TS land. No word on opening dates. IMO, looks a little busy for my taste, but we shall see what it is soon enough. 
Crap, I hate barbecue.  At least it should take some traffic from some spots I actually do like.

cool....If i wasnt doing the parks, I would indeed do Disney springs and check out The Void, its the VR experience. They have a Star Wars and a Wreck it Ralph experience. At night, hit up the Boardwalk and walk around that area, catch the Epcot fireworks from the bridge. Hed over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and watch the animals. You might also want to check out some of the outside WDW attractions in Orlando proper. I'm not up on all of them but some simple googling might turn up something fun.

GL with the competition
Thanks - we’ve been around Disney Springs several time but always more to explore or redo - thanks for the suggestions.  Any breakfast recommendation?  Even if it’s - “hey, the breakfast sandwich at resort X is pretty awesome” - I don’t really want to do Whispering Canyon again.  

Users who are viewing this thread