What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (3 Viewers)

Just checked prices for the polynesian with meal plan and that is too rich for my blood. Any moderate or value resorts that are closer to MK and MGM? I don't suppose the monorail or boats go to any of these resorts.
Try Port Orleans. I would not suggest Cornado Springs. Too far from MK.
The Wilderness Lodge is a bit cheaper and the boat ride to MK isn't bad at all. For the moderates, most people I know recommend the two resorts at Port Orleans.

Just checked prices for the polynesian with meal plan and that is too rich for my blood. Any moderate or value resorts that are closer to MK and MGM? I don't suppose the monorail or boats go to any of these resorts.
I'm still a year or so out with my daughter and haven't been there in maybe 15 years...Remember staying at the Polynesian as a kid... Can you tell me the prices you were seeing?Just wondering what we're up against here... I can't even guess...

We are planning to go to Disney Wolrd in October. Last time we went we stayed at the Pop Century. It was fine for us. We were gone most of the time and when we wherer at the Hotel we were all so tired all we did was sleep. This time I'm thinking about trying a differnet place mostly for convenince. I'm sure its been hit on in the last 29 pages but could someone give me a run down of the reccomended places to stay? The rooms aren't as big a deal since like I said we're only there to sleep. I'm more interested in ease of getting to the parks and Proximity. We will probably spend most of our time at MK and Hollywood studios. We may spend a day Epcot and go to AK just long enough to to Everest. I would like to keep the cost of lodging low but will balance the cost vs the benefit of the nicer resorts.
Well the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian are all on the monorail loop at MK. The Contemporary is the cheapest of the 3. I never stay at a Disney Resort, so I can't tell you about quality. Trip Advisor is a good place to go for reviews and pictures though.
We have young kids and having a room on the monorail loop was very nice - we spent most of our time at MK so back to the room in 10 minutes was great - stayed at the GFloridian and Polynesian - both are nice. GF better for grown ups and a bit pricier and Polynesian more of a 70s vacation feel for kiddies. Cant go wrong with either IMO.
From Pop Century the buses were always crowded and we always seemed to be the last stop. 10 minuteson the monorail sound good. Forgot about driving. Last time we flew down and didn't have a car but this time we're driving so that is an option.
Interesting. When did you go? We went this August and part of the reason was that my wife claimed that she read that they have buses that started there and that were much more frequent than the other All-Star resorts. I found them to be very prompt and not too crowded when we got on.

I just don't like overpaying for a burger or hot dog everyday, so I like to mix it up. If you are in the mood for a burger it would be a Pecos Bill's.
Agreed there.I know we will go to Casey's at some point for my son.Not sure about Pecos Bills...its definitely not a must...but it was a good burger.Think I had one at the Backlot Express at Hollywood Studios the first trip we went.

I'm still a year or so out with my daughter and haven't been there in maybe 15 years...Remember staying at the Polynesian as a kid... Can you tell me the prices you were seeing?Just wondering what we're up against here... I can't even guess...
2 adults 2 kids 6 nights with meal plan right at $5k. Looks nice but honestly all we will be doing there is sleeping.ETA: That's without the waterparks.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 adults 2 kids 6 nights with meal plan right at $5k. Looks nice but honestly all we will be doing there is sleeping.ETA: That's without the waterparks.
Ouch.We just stayed at a 5 star awesome place in Turks and Caicos that we thought was real expensive and it was a fraction of that... I know it's totally different but, real hard to book that trip to Disney knowing you could be pampered in Paradise for less. THIS is something to guilt the Grandparents into...

There will be deals.. We just stayed at Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights, with airfare it was around 2.5k and worth every penny for us.. :confused:

There will be deals.. We just stayed at Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights, with airfare it was around 2.5k and worth every penny for us.. :thumbup:
Where do you find these deals of which you speak?

There will be deals.. We just stayed at Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights, with airfare it was around 2.5k and worth every penny for us.. :stalker:
Last year Disney had a buy 4 get 3 nights free deal. When they have any deals I'll post them since they email me crap all the time.

I'm still a year or so out with my daughter and haven't been there in maybe 15 years...Remember staying at the Polynesian as a kid... Can you tell me the prices you were seeing?

Just wondering what we're up against here... I can't even guess...
There will be deals.. We just stayed at Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights, with airfare it was around 2.5k and worth every penny for us.. :goodposting:
We use magicforless They watch for any and all deals and automatically apply them. I've tried to find my own deals and the price and service they offer is top notch! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Try Port Orleans. I would not suggest Cornado Springs. Too far from MK.
????Just booked 5 nights at CSR. It is 10 min direct bus to the MK.Going in April with the fam...great deal...and CSR is the only MOD that has queen size beds!!!!

Disney had been sending out emails with PIN codes for discounted rooms, 40% off for deluxe, 35% moderate, 30 value. You have to register on the disney site. Price out a few trips and save them on the site. Maybe take one of the surveys or such. Every couple weeks save some new trips. I just got one after registering a couple months ago.

Even if you already have a reservation, Disney sends them out and you can apply it to your existing one. We are staying at the cheapest room at the Contemporary starting July 18 for 7 nights, 8 day park hopper (no water park), regular meal plan for 3K. We went last year under the buy 4 nights, get 3 at the Wilderness Lodge for about the same price. Had very little out of pocket with the meal plan. Went to lots of character meals with 2 young kids (6 and 4).

Ouch.We just stayed at a 5 star awesome place in Turks and Caicos that we thought was real expensive and it was a fraction of that... I know it's totally different but, real hard to book that trip to Disney knowing you could be pampered in Paradise for less. THIS is something to guilt the Grandparents into...
Can you share the place in Turks & Caicos and what is a fraction of that? The wife and I have always wanted to go to Turk & Caicos

Disney guys - on top of the 30-40% deal tdog mentioned it appears Disney is also offering up tp $750 in gift cards. Anybody know if you can use those gift cards any in the parks? Like in lieu of a meal plan?

If this deal equates to 40% off rooms + free meals I might just have to pull the trigger early on my trip.

edit: I just read that is says the card is applicable to non-discounted packages. So I'm guessing we can't double up on these two deals?

Disney guys - on top of the 30-40% deal tdog mentioned it appears Disney is also offering up tp $750 in gift cards. Anybody know if you can use those gift cards any in the parks? Like in lieu of a meal plan? If this deal equates to 40% off rooms + free meals I might just have to pull the trigger early on my trip. edit: I just read that is says the card is applicable to non-discounted packages. So I'm guessing we can't double up on these two deals?
Pretty sure most Disney gift cards can be used anywhere in the park.We have been slowly stocking up on them for the past few months for our trip in March. Did that the last trip too. That way the trip is slowly being paid for during the year before we go. Makes overspending on a cheeseburger not feel as bad.

Disney guys - on top of the 30-40% deal tdog mentioned it appears Disney is also offering up tp $750 in gift cards. Anybody know if you can use those gift cards any in the parks? Like in lieu of a meal plan? If this deal equates to 40% off rooms + free meals I might just have to pull the trigger early on my trip. edit: I just read that is says the card is applicable to non-discounted packages. So I'm guessing we can't double up on these two deals?
I just booked 2 days ago, and at CSR. I am also getting the 500.00 gift card...You can spend it anywhere, inluding food, as long at it is a Disney owned property. You can also by Cirque tix with it.Great deal!

I'm still a year or so out with my daughter and haven't been there in maybe 15 years...Remember staying at the Polynesian as a kid... Can you tell me the prices you were seeing?

Just wondering what we're up against here... I can't even guess...
Ouch.We just stayed at a 5 star awesome place in Turks and Caicos that we thought was real expensive and it was a fraction of that... I know it's totally different but, real hard to book that trip to Disney knowing you could be pampered in Paradise for less.

THIS is something to guilt the Grandparents into...
Can you share the place in Turks & Caicos and what is a fraction of that? The wife and I have always wanted to go to Turk & Caicos
Here is a 4 star in T&C from Chicago in March - $1,295 including airfare.Is that 5K including airfare to the MK/Polynesian?

I'm going to Hawaii in March and will be spending less than 5K for room and meals for 6 nights - for 5. And it will be a lot closer to a real "Polynesian" experience than any imitation Disney experience.

Meal plan vs. paying cash?

Me, wife, kids (6 and 3). I don't want to get stuck not using up credits or anything like that? Also would love to hear lodging recommendations. We are most certainly going to DISNEY UP! It is all about the kids. They are both little girls so obviously Cinderella's castle is the Holy Grail here.

This is a huge thread. My wife looked at the cabins and scoffed. So I guess being the only guy is going to relegate me to no vote at all. But maybe I can nudge one way or another on some things. Like the meal plan decision.

I'd love some insight. For instance, we don't eat huge meals. When we go to McDonald's the wife and I split a value meal and we have the kids split a happy meal. Not to be cheap, more because we watch serving size. So that might be a consideration.

Sabertooth said:
Meal plan vs. paying cash?Me, wife, kids (6 and 3). I don't want to get stuck not using up credits or anything like that? Also would love to hear lodging recommendations. We are most certainly going to DISNEY UP! It is all about the kids. They are both little girls so obviously Cinderella's castle is the Holy Grail here. This is a huge thread. My wife looked at the cabins and scoffed. So I guess being the only guy is going to relegate me to no vote at all. But maybe I can nudge one way or another on some things. Like the meal plan decision.I'd love some insight. For instance, we don't eat huge meals. When we go to McDonald's the wife and I split a value meal and we have the kids split a happy meal. Not to be cheap, more because we watch serving size. So that might be a consideration.
The kids love the character meals and when they are under 10, the meal plan is the way to go as one kid character meal cost as much as the kid's meal plan for the day, so you basically getting a quick service lunch and a snack for the kid for the same price as one character meal. The adult price on these meals is usually about $13 less than the price of a full day on the meal plan. If you go with the regular meal plan (one sit down, one quick service, one snack) you should have plenty of food for three meals a day and all the extra treats your little ones want. To get into a character meal, you pay a flat price per person. It doen't matter how much you eat. You pay to get in. The food is all you can eat but it's pretty good and there are plenty of healthy options.We get the meal plan as we are in the same situation that you are but I doubt we would do it if we were paying adult prices for the kids, which happens, I think at 10. If you want to go to the castle, expect to make your reservations as soon as you allowed (180 day before arrival) or you will be out of luck. The castle also charges 2 sit down credits. I would suggest the princess dinner at Norway, Cindy's castle, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace (Pooh), and the princess or Mary Poppins thing at 1900 Park Fare. If you are doing those character meals and you are willing to make reservations far in advance, the meal plan is the way to go.

belljr said:
about a month till we go. Rental Cars are insane.ANy deals for a car. Not staying in the resort
What type of car are you getting (ex. economy, minivan, etc)?What dates?What are you getting quoted at?Where are you picking the car up at?

ffldrew said:
Hawks64 said:
Here is a 4 star in T&C from Chicago in March - $1,295 including airfare.Is that 5K including airfare to the MK/Polynesian?

I'm going to Hawaii in March and will be spending less than 5K for room and meals for 6 nights - for 5. And it will be a lot closer to a real "Polynesian" experience than any imitation Disney experience.
:rolleyes: $1295 per person for 4 people is over $5K

Sabertooth said:
Meal plan vs. paying cash?Me, wife, kids (6 and 3). I don't want to get stuck not using up credits or anything like that? Also would love to hear lodging recommendations. We are most certainly going to DISNEY UP! It is all about the kids. They are both little girls so obviously Cinderella's castle is the Holy Grail here. This is a huge thread. My wife looked at the cabins and scoffed. So I guess being the only guy is going to relegate me to no vote at all. But maybe I can nudge one way or another on some things. Like the meal plan decision.I'd love some insight. For instance, we don't eat huge meals. When we go to McDonald's the wife and I split a value meal and we have the kids split a happy meal. Not to be cheap, more because we watch serving size. So that might be a consideration.
The kids love the character meals and when they are under 10, the meal plan is the way to go as one kid character meal cost as much as the kid's meal plan for the day, so you basically getting a quick service lunch and a snack for the kid for the same price as one character meal. The adult price on these meals is usually about $13 less than the price of a full day on the meal plan. If you go with the regular meal plan (one sit down, one quick service, one snack) you should have plenty of food for three meals a day and all the extra treats your little ones want. To get into a character meal, you pay a flat price per person. It doen't matter how much you eat. You pay to get in. The food is all you can eat but it's pretty good and there are plenty of healthy options.We get the meal plan as we are in the same situation that you are but I doubt we would do it if we were paying adult prices for the kids, which happens, I think at 10. If you want to go to the castle, expect to make your reservations as soon as you allowed (180 day before arrival) or you will be out of luck. The castle also charges 2 sit down credits. I would suggest the princess dinner at Norway, Cindy's castle, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace (Pooh), and the princess or Mary Poppins thing at 1900 Park Fare. If you are doing those character meals and you are willing to make reservations far in advance, the meal plan is the way to go.
I really need to get my head around the whole Disney experience. Wow. I'm going to have my wife look at this response (much appreciated btw) because she is learning to speak Disnese.

Sabertooth said:
I really need to get my head around the whole Disney experience. Wow. I'm going to have my wife look at this response (much appreciated btw) because she is learning to speak Disnese.
Let say you only want to go one or two character meals and you plan to bring some food into the parks and otherwise limit how much you buy, then the meal plan may not be a good move. Here is an example of what I am talking about--Crystal Palace will cost you $98 in the summer for the 4 of you to have dinner. The meal plan for a summer day will cost you $120 for the family. If you think you'll spend more than $22 to have the other two meals, you come out ahead on the plan. Tips are not included in either price.

belljr said:
about a month till we go. Rental Cars are insane.ANy deals for a car. Not staying in the resort
What type of car are you getting (ex. economy, minivan, etc)?What dates?What are you getting quoted at?Where are you picking the car up at?
Was going to get a mini. Worst case a mid size.ANywhere from 700 -1000 for 8 days.Getting at Orlando airport buy could go anywhere in the area.Feb 13 - 20. Yes its' the "worst" week in February to go

My wife and I are planning a trip... She was put in touch with a company called Kingdom Planners that spent a ton of time creating a custom itinerary for us, including a bunch of things we would never have known about -- like a private fireworks cruise... They booked all of our meals and helped us strategize where to go when to avoid crowds, etc. Plus, we'll have access to their special line and discounts during the trip and they'll book all of our meals and services. Wife was raving about the experience and the price versus others she found. :unsure:

Kingdom Planners
Just checked this out. I am confused though. They do all this work for free?

My wife and I are planning a trip... She was put in touch with a company called Kingdom Planners that spent a ton of time creating a custom itinerary for us, including a bunch of things we would never have known about -- like a private fireworks cruise... They booked all of our meals and helped us strategize where to go when to avoid crowds, etc. Plus, we'll have access to their special line and discounts during the trip and they'll book all of our meals and services. Wife was raving about the experience and the price versus others she found. :popcorn:

Kingdom Planners
I believe so... We booked the trip through them, so they got whatever standard commission anyone would get as a travel agent... (Same rates as if you book directly with Disney.) They got us a bunch of discounts, too... But in exchange for the commission, they hustle and add all kinds of services and value. My wife raved... She said some woman spent an ungodly amount of personal time on the account and didn't stop until she'd customized every aspect of the trip. Some whacky people just love Disney... It's their passion, like a cult. :shrug: Regardless, we have all of our meals booked and are doing like ten things that there's no way we'd know about without them... Fireworks cruise, so pirate boat dinner... If I get a chance maybe I'll pull up the itinerary from my wife and post it... There are Disney vacations, and then there are Disney vacations... I'm psyched... I March we're going to do it right. Big :thumbup: to that company...
All of these extras can be booked without a travel agent or 3rd party booking them for you. In the name of time, I guess it is worth it, but if you go to disboards, you can find all the info you need about the "Illuminations Criuse" and "Pirates and Pals" cruises. They are quite expensive, and I would hata having to pay a commision on top of the huge prices.I am headed there in April with the family, and may book one of these special cruises, or maybe the Cirque show with the 500.00 gift card we got for booking when we did.

My wife and I are planning a trip... She was put in touch with a company called Kingdom Planners that spent a ton of time creating a custom itinerary for us, including a bunch of things we would never have known about -- like a private fireworks cruise... They booked all of our meals and helped us strategize where to go when to avoid crowds, etc. Plus, we'll have access to their special line and discounts during the trip and they'll book all of our meals and services. Wife was raving about the experience and the price versus others she found. :goodposting:

Kingdom Planners
That's your wife's site. :mellow:

My wife and I are planning a trip... She was put in touch with a company called Kingdom Planners that spent a ton of time creating a custom itinerary for us, including a bunch of things we would never have known about -- like a private fireworks cruise... They booked all of our meals and helped us strategize where to go when to avoid crowds, etc. Plus, we'll have access to their special line and discounts during the trip and they'll book all of our meals and services. Wife was raving about the experience and the price versus others she found. :goodposting:

Kingdom Planners
I believe so... We booked the trip through them, so they got whatever standard commission anyone would get as a travel agent... (Same rates as if you book directly with Disney.) They got us a bunch of discounts, too... But in exchange for the commission, they hustle and add all kinds of services and value. My wife raved... She said some woman spent an ungodly amount of personal time on the account and didn't stop until she'd customized every aspect of the trip. Some whacky people just love Disney... It's their passion, like a cult. :shrug: Regardless, we have all of our meals booked and are doing like ten things that there's no way we'd know about without them... Fireworks cruise, so pirate boat dinner... If I get a chance maybe I'll pull up the itinerary from my wife and post it... There are Disney vacations, and then there are Disney vacations... I'm psyched... I March we're going to do it right. Big :mellow: to that company...
All of these extras can be booked without a travel agent or 3rd party booking them for you. In the name of time, I guess it is worth it, but if you go to disboards, you can find all the info you need about the "Illuminations Criuse" and "Pirates and Pals" cruises. They are quite expensive, and I would hata having to pay a commision on top of the huge prices.I am headed there in April with the family, and may book one of these special cruises, or maybe the Cirque show with the 500.00 gift card we got for booking when we did.
Most of these places get a kick back from Disney and, at least in the case of mouseforless, the cost of booking everything myself or through them was the same.. The HUGE benefit was I didn't have to watch all the boards to find new discounts and than call to get them.. Mouseforless did it all for us automatically :thumbup:

moby fan said:

Kingdom Planners
That's your wife's site. :goodposting:
What? Are you saying Kingdom Planner's is owned by Orange Whip's wife?

moby fan said:
My wife and I are planning a trip... She was put in touch with a company called Kingdom Planners that spent a ton of time creating a custom itinerary for us, including a bunch of things we would never have known about -- like a private fireworks cruise... They booked all of our meals and helped us strategize where to go when to avoid crowds, etc. Plus, we'll have access to their special line and discounts during the trip and they'll book all of our meals and services. Wife was raving about the experience and the price versus others she found. :lmao:

Kingdom Planners
That's your wife's site. :rant:
That's exactly what I'm saying.

moby fan said:
My wife and I are planning a trip... She was put in touch with a company called Kingdom Planners that spent a ton of time creating a custom itinerary for us, including a bunch of things we would never have known about -- like a private fireworks cruise... They booked all of our meals and helped us strategize where to go when to avoid crowds, etc. Plus, we'll have access to their special line and discounts during the trip and they'll book all of our meals and services. Wife was raving about the experience and the price versus others she found. :thumbup:

Kingdom Planners
That's your wife's site. :mellow:
:lmao: Wow. Only Ham...

My wife and I are planning a trip... She was put in touch with a company called Kingdom Planners that spent a ton of time creating a custom itinerary for us
Recently I realized a dream of mine which was to start a travel company that specializes in Disney only travel. (www.KingdomPlanners.com).
:thumbup:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wow....a spammer amongst us!

Can't wait for the backpeddle on this one!

moby fan said:
My wife and I are planning a trip... She was put in touch with a company called Kingdom Planners that spent a ton of time creating a custom itinerary for us, including a bunch of things we would never have known about -- like a private fireworks cruise... They booked all of our meals and helped us strategize where to go when to avoid crowds, etc. Plus, we'll have access to their special line and discounts during the trip and they'll book all of our meals and services. Wife was raving about the experience and the price versus others she found. :thumbdown:

Kingdom Planners
That's your wife's site. :tfp:
There is no emoticon in the box to the left that appropriately captures the hilarious ownage / dumbassery going on here. LOFLOOF.

Kingdom Planners
I believe so... We booked the trip through them, so they got whatever standard commission anyone would get as a travel agent... (Same rates as if you book directly with Disney.) They got us a bunch of discounts, too... But in exchange for the commission, they hustle and add all kinds of services and value. My wife raved... She said some woman spent an ungodly amount of personal time on the account and didn't stop until she'd customized every aspect of the trip. Some whacky people just love Disney... It's their passion, like a cult. :shrug: Regardless, we have all of our meals booked and are doing like ten things that there's no way we'd know about without them... Fireworks cruise, so pirate boat dinner... If I get a chance maybe I'll pull up the itinerary from my wife and post it... There are Disney vacations, and then there are Disney vacations... I'm psyched... I March we're going to do it right. Big :thumbup: to that company...
I'll bet . . . :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread