What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (6 Viewers)

Last full day of our trip to Disneyland. We were able to do Galaxy's Edge twice and as it currently stands there isn't enough to do there to fill 4 hours unless you do the cantina. Barely made it in there yesterday and between the standing in line to get a return time and time spent in the cantina that occupied about an hour of our visit. The Millennium Falcon ride is fun, especially if you luck out and have a full crew that is really into the experience. I built a droid which was cool, but didn't do the light saber. The staggered reservation system kept crowd levels very manageable, will be interesting to hear the reports coming out today now that the new reservation system and virtual queue is going into effect. 

I just checked My Disney Experience account and it appears that my magic band customizations (that I did the day they became available) have disappeared.  OH HELL NO.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Apparently when I added the customizations, I didn't go through to the check out.  Luckily, they added more inventory on Friday and I was able to complete the process.  Dumb on my part, but the whole process was a nightmare.  It took me trying off and on throughout the work day Friday to finally get to the payment screen.  I'd get random errors every time I tried to add the upgrade.  Then when I finally got the upgrade added, I'd get errors on the "Go to Checkout" button.  One time I got all the way through to payment confirmation....only for my upgrade to drop off my order.  Brutally, awful experience.

When I talked to a guest services rep prior to Friday, she told me that they "didn't anticipate the high demand for the upgrades".  Uh, what?  Really?

Glad the Toy Story reviews are all positive.  I've been thinking it looked pretty stupid just judging the trailers.  

We have been trying off and on all day to get our selections for the upgraded magic bands. Our selections were on there early this morning. My wife spent over an hour hitting the retry button. This is horrible.

We have been trying off and on all day to get our selections for the upgraded magic bands. Our selections were on there early this morning. My wife spent over an hour hitting the retry button. This is horrible.
Yup. My daughter wants the one with the castle on it and my ####### got it, but made the same mistake doowain did. I've been checking since Friday because of it. 

Seems like there is no rhyme or reason for the availability of the upgraded magic bands. Checked this afternoon and only two were available. Checked one hour later and there are seven available, none of which were the two earlier. 

FYI: the beaches and cream at Beach Club renovations and closure have been pushed back. Originally planned for August 6th, it appears they will now be closing after August 25th and the restaurant is now accepting reservations for this time. If you wanted them, get your ADR now before word spreads. Its already hard enough to get a seat there, and hopefully many people gave up hope thinking the location would be closed down. 

Saw Toy Story last night.  I thought it was pretty good.  

I'm convinced they created Duke Caboom just so the Canada World Showcase can have a character meet and greet.  

Interesting item spotted in DL's SWGE....a water bottle fill station. 

Normally this would seem like no big deal, but if this is included in SWGE in Orlando, it is huge. Has Disney finally got on board with the filtered bottle fill station popularity and can keep their guests hydrated w/o us bringing our own water bottle or needing to got into QS locations for a shot glass worth of free water? 

I can only hope (help us bottle fill station...you're our only hope) that they do include them in this land and then roll them out across the other parks. 
And now one has just shown up at Cosmic Rays at the Magic Kingdom. 

This is a huge development with summer here! I know i'll be hitting that up a few times. Hope more are planned for other parks. 

Question for the experts

If you were going to stay on site at Disneyland, which hotel would you go with and why?

We have never stayed on site but I am thinking about doing that in February 2020. 
Probably late on this, but I'm not sure the real benefit of this at DL with all the options in close proximity.  We stay on site at WDW when we go, but the Best Western directly across the street from DL was remodeled a couple years ago, and you're probably closer to the gate there than you are at any of the DL hotels at something like half the cost.  You're not going to jump on your phone and brag to all the idorks about the awesome hotel you stayed in, but I don't get the impression the DL hotels are anything to write home about either.  If you want nicer, the Hyatt House less than half a mile down Harbor is pretty fantastic for just a few dollars more.  But it's really damn nice to be able to walk to your room in 5 minutes and collapse after the park closes.  For the most part we're just using the beds when we're there anyway.  Doesn't matter much what the room looks like when my eyes are closed.

Just my $.02. :shrug:

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn the first year we went, which is basically across the parking lot from the BW (at the recommendation of SaveFerris), but they've done nothing to that place over the years, whereas most of the rest of the hotels in that area have renovated.  BW, to me, is best bang for the buck there.  

Will be there next week.

Plan to lose 75 pounds walking around on the surface of the sun.

Will gain back at least 65 in various eateries.

Wife overheard me tell someone that I look forward to seeing Belle again since I'm sure she misses me. In totally unrelated news, did not have sex the past two days. 

Although, now that I'm thinking that through......

Will be there next week.

Plan to lose 75 pounds walking around on the surface of the sun.

Will gain back at least 65 in various eateries.

Wife overheard me tell someone that I look forward to seeing Belle again since I'm sure she misses me. In totally unrelated news, did not have sex the past two days. 

Although, now that I'm thinking that through......
Bruh it’s like 2000 degrees here right now what are you doing 

Do they clear the park and make you re-enter if you are already in MK and have a ticket to the Very Merry Xmas party?

RG623 said:
Do they clear the park and make you re-enter if you are already in MK and have a ticket to the Very Merry Xmas party?
No, there will be locations inside the park where you can get your wristband. Just make sure you have your confirmation and ID. Once you have your wrist band you are good to go and enjoy the park. Once the party official starts, the CMs working the lines will look for bands and anyone trying to ride without one will be refused entry into the ride. However, they allow guests w/o bands to enter the lines right up to non-party closing time, so for that 1st hour or so, some lines will be a bit longer as its a mix of party and non-party guests. Same for the walkways, as non-party guests will sometimes wander around until they are kicked out. 

Some party guests do like to get into the park early and line up for some of those unique experiences, like rare character greetings. I've never been to a Xmas party before, but for the Halloween parties, people were lining up at those greetings about an hour before. We choose not to do any of those, but if thats what you are there for then plan accordingly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
All the restaurants in Epcot's World Showcase are culinary representations of their region, so it make 100% sense that for the American pavilion they had a crappy fast food burger joint.

We'll now we can hold our heads a bit higher as they will be closing the location on July 8th and will be replaced by a fast-casual BBQ smokehouse and craft beer location. 

Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue will take the place of Liberty Inn, which will close July 8 to make way for this mouth-watering experience in World Showcase. 

The new location will be a modern barbecue smokehouse, with all the accompanying sights, sounds, smells and flavors you love – including a large smoker preparing fine food every day right on the pavilion’s promenade. There will also be a redesigned patio for you to enjoy, so get ready to grab a brew, some barbecue, and relax inside Epcot. 
No word yet on when it will reopen. 

link

Capella said:
Bruh it’s like 2000 degrees here right now what are you doing 
I said yes dear without paying attention.

Lawyers wives hold you to a verbal contract like nothing you've ever seen before.

All the restaurants in Epcot's World Showcase are culinary representations of their region, so it make 100% sense that for the American pavilion they had a crappy fast food burger joint.

We'll now we can hold our heads a bit higher as they will be closing the location on July 8th and will be replaced by a fast-casual BBQ smokehouse and craft beer location. 

No word yet on when it will reopen. 

link
Awesome. Another place to gain weight.

Alright! Some WDW and FBG synergy here. 

ESPN Monday night Football will be hosting "Tailgate Tasting" throughout Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. 

Disney has announced a new offering for the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. In conjunction with ESPN’s Monday Night Football, Tailgate Tasting will allow guests to sample food from the host city of that weeks Monday Night Football game.

During this 45-minute program, you’ll enjoy a flight of 3 sample-sized food items, served with a complementary beverage tasting, inspired by the cities playing in the Monday night game each week. The best part—you’ll get a chance to learn from culinary experts how to make these dishes at home!

The event costs $19 per person, plus tax and is located at the World ShowPlace Events Pavilion in World Showcase at Epcot. Tailgate Tasting will occur every Sunday from September 8 to November 17, 2019.

Guests can call (407) 939-3378 to make a reservation or book online here. If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member, you may book by calling Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
Edit to add schedule

Sunday, September 8, 2019: Denver Broncos vs Oakland Raiders
Sunday, September 15, 2019: Cleveland Browns vs New York Jets
Sunday, September 22, 2019: Chicago Bears vs Washington Redskins
Sunday, September 29, 2019: Cincinnati Bengals vs Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday, October 6, 2019: Cleveland Browns vs San Francisco 49ers
Sunday, October 13, 2019: Detroit Lions vs Green Bay Packers
Sunday, October 20, 2019: New England Patriots vs New York Jets
Sunday, October 27, 2019: Miami Dolphins vs Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday, November 3, 2019: Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants
Sunday, November 10, 2019: Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers
Sunday, November 17, 2019: Kansas City Chiefs vs Los Angeles Chargers

Interesting item spotted in DL's SWGE....a water bottle fill station. 

Normally this would seem like no big deal, but if this is included in SWGE in Orlando, it is huge. Has Disney finally got on board with the filtered bottle fill station popularity and can keep their guests hydrated w/o us bringing our own water bottle or needing to got into QS locations for a shot glass worth of free water? 

I can only hope (help us bottle fill station...you're our only hope) that they do include them in this land and then roll them out across the other parks. 
Visual proof from today. Remembered your post and snapped a pic.

There were a few rumors that Bear Jamboree & Tiki Room were gonna be shut down, but Disney came out and said it wasn't.  Iirc, The strategy is to apparently have everything themed like a movie or something they are presently pushing.  Bears and Tiki don't jive with any current content, I'm the only one in my family who constantly votes, and gets turned down, to watch Three Caballeros.  I'm glad they are keeping bears, my kid likes it.  I'm fine with it being replaced with anything as long as the AC is as good as it currently is.   Hell, I'll sit through animatronic Trump to get out of the FL heat or rain.  I also think it's great to keep some of the classic stuff.  I'm still pissed about Mr. Toads Wild Ride!  :hot:

There were a few rumors that Bear Jamboree & Tiki Room were gonna be shut down, but Disney came out and said it wasn't.  Iirc, The strategy is to apparently have everything themed like a movie or something they are presently pushing.  Bears and Tiki don't jive with any current content, I'm the only one in my family who constantly votes, and gets turned down, to watch Three Caballeros.  I'm glad they are keeping bears, my kid likes it.  I'm fine with it being replaced with anything as long as the AC is as good as it currently is.   Hell, I'll sit through animatronic Trump to get out of the FL heat or rain.  I also think it's great to keep some of the classic stuff.  I'm still pissed about Mr. Toads Wild Ride!  :hot:
Tough call....I believe what Walt said about DL (and the other future parks) not being a museum and needing to evolve. In most cases that have to remove something before adding something new. Yes, as big of a fan of attractions like Tiki Room, CBJ, C. of Progress, etc, there is no denying that many of today's casual guest doesn't see the entertainment in them. Their attendance is far from packed even on the busiest of days. Yes they re the few real direct ties to Walt that we have left. So there is a constant nostalgia vs progress battle going on. I say keep them, WDW has more then enough attractions and a few legacy ones do not effect the park enjoyment as they would in a park like Studios or Epcot where there are just less attractions overall. 

we will see where it goes. I think things will stay put at least until the 50th anniversary. That is a milestone date that I'm sure will rely heavily on the past, however once that passes, I'm certain something will lend up on the chopping block. 

Tough call....I believe what Walt said about DL (and the other future parks) not being a museum and needing to evolve. In most cases that have to remove something before adding something new. Yes, as big of a fan of attractions like Tiki Room, CBJ, C. of Progress, etc, there is no denying that many of today's casual guest doesn't see the entertainment in them. Their attendance is far from packed even on the busiest of days. Yes they re the few real direct ties to Walt that we have left. So there is a constant nostalgia vs progress battle going on. I say keep them, WDW has more then enough attractions and a few legacy ones do not effect the park enjoyment as they would in a park like Studios or Epcot where there are just less attractions overall. 

we will see where it goes. I think things will stay put at least until the 50th anniversary. That is a milestone date that I'm sure will rely heavily on the past, however once that passes, I'm certain something will lend up on the chopping block. 
I believe there were rumors at one time that they could create an entire new park classic Disney themed.  I'm not sure if it was just fan speculation or what, but they easily have enough content.   

I guess that Disney learned their lesson with the special Magic Bands. Two of the four people in our family got ordered them Friday and they immediately shipped them out even though we're not leaving until early December. 

Por Favor Rehabo de Monorailos

Looks like the beloved, yet very tiered wdw monorails are finally getting some love. 

Monorail Silver surprised guests with a whole new interior makeover. With a very graphic heavy carpeting lining the front one back of each car. I'm loving the classic "Mickey D" icon being used as a major design element. 

Other monorails will be taken off line and rehabbed individually. 

No...when you enter, they slap a wristband on you...after a certain point, only those with wrist bands can ride the rides.
What they don't/can't police is the crowd that stays for the parade, not the rides. The one time we did MVMCP Main Street was packed with people that had no wrist bands. And since we were mainly there for the parade and activities, not the rides, it wasn't a pleasant experience.

What they don't/can't police is the crowd that stays for the parade, not the rides. The one time we did MVMCP Main Street was packed with people that had no wrist bands. And since we were mainly there for the parade and activities, not the rides, it wasn't a pleasant experience.
We saw the same sort of thing a few years ago.  I agree that it would suck if that's why you were primarily there.  I doubt there's a chance they kick out all those people as they continue to buy merch, food, drinks etc

They walk up and down the parade route asking people for wristbands now. Saw multiple groups tossed out last year for not having them. Came with the whole “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THIS TO MY KIDS” spiel too which was glorious. 

They walk up and down the parade route asking people for wristbands now. Saw multiple groups tossed out last year for not having them. Came with the whole “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THIS TO MY KIDS” spiel too which was glorious. 
This was 4-5 years ago, so if that's the case now, glad to hear. 

Nah they’re extremely vigilant. It’s an impressive operation. I hope to get that job when I retire one day. 
hmmm....interesting.  We were there just last year and I didn't see any of this.  That's got to be a fun job :lmao:  

I am thinking of staying on site at Disney Land in February. Any feelings on which of the hotels would be best and why would be appreciated. I have time to plan this, what should I be doing?

This would be our fourth trip to Disneyland so we know a little but you guys seem to know way more. This would be our first time staying on site.

Bring on more (Little) Princesses

A 3rd Bibbity Boppity Boutique will open inside the Grand Floridian resort on Aug 6 taking over some salon space that has been moved to the main spa. 

According to Disney, also on Aug. 6, all of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique locations will introduce the new Carriage package, which includes a specially-themed T-shirt. They will also begin offering four new stylish hairstyles with customizable options and an expanded assortment of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique-inspired products, including a spirit jersey available in adult and youth sizes, Minnie Ear headband, MagicBand and other accessories to enjoy, all of which can be purchased separately from any of the packages.

Saw Aladdin last night. Really enjoyed it. Much better than I thought it would be

Expecting Lion King to be great as well

I am thinking of staying on site at Disney Land in February. Any feelings on which of the hotels would be best and why would be appreciated. I have time to plan this, what should I be doing?

This would be our fourth trip to Disneyland so we know a little but you guys seem to know way more. This would be our first time staying on site.
Are you on a budget or no?

The Grand Californian is awesome. You have your own entrance to CA (by the water rapid ride) or it spits you out directly into Downtown Disney. But, you pay for that. My wife says next time we go, we are staying there. No complaints from me

We stayed off site in January and would enter thru Grand Californian. However, we were not supposed to. On our third day, we were stopped. Went to the front gate and said we had reservations for breakfast. The group behind us wasnt as smart and were turned away. 

We stayed at Paradise Pier and enjoyed it. Wasnt anything great. Think between value moderate. Paradise Pier is very close as well but you have to walk thru Downtown Disney.

I can not comment on Disneyland hotel since I havent stayed there or even seen it on my walks.

Users who are viewing this thread