What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (4 Viewers)

I think the thing that would "scare" me would be the queues and indoor rides.  I haven't been paying close attention since we will most likely not go for a while too - but if there's procedures for queue/indoor are solid and they are proving it out then I would maybe consider it.

Is there a link that talks about the safety measures Disney is taking?
Yup

Well, I think the wife and I  are going sometime between mid October and early November. Not a long trip,  probably only 2 or 3 days in the park, but I'm ok with that. 

The wife is hoping to stay at Port Orleans since we've never been, any scuttlebutt as to when it might reopen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think the wife and I  are going sometime between mid October and early November. Not a long trip,  probably only 2 or 3 days in the park, but I'm ok with that. 

The wife is hoping to stay at Port Orleans since we've never been, any scuttlebutt as to when it might reopen?
I looked around for an opening date and didn’t see anything for PO. Keep checking as things are still in flux.

I looked around for an opening date and didn’t see anything for PO. Keep checking as things are still in flux.
Lol. Wish this would have been discussed a bit earlier in here. We tried to go to port orleans last night. Only to learn it is closed. I forgot all hotels werent open yet.

Want beignets darnit. 

I have never seen this place like this. We are kind of regretting not doing the parks. Have had the pool to ourselves 3 out of 4 times we have gone. 

My son and I were only people in fitness center both times. 

Just crazy.

I have never seen this place like this. We are kind of regretting not doing the parks. Have had the pool to ourselves 3 out of 4 times we have gone. 

My son and I were only people in fitness center both times. 

Just crazy.
I’ll be there next Thursday and Friday. I keep looking at the wait times and am astounded. Should be interesting. 

The treehouse villas are so cool. Just an amazing setting. 

Funny incident yesterday as I went for a stroll. Walking along and on the ground in front of me is the biggest wasp I have ever seen. Saw it at last second before stepping on it and jumped back. It flew right at my chest and I backpedaled like Usain Bolt. A disney employee saw me and thought I must have seen a snake. Guy was on his walkie talkie so fast calling in a snake I was pretty impressed. 

I explained it was a wasp and he looked at me like I was nuts and I dont think he believed me when I told him how big it was. Exterminator showed up in two minutes. I showed her where the wasp flew into a hole in the ground and she took care of it. 

She backed me up on the size and said it was most likely one of these

I went back to my villa and changed my underwear. 

The treehouse villas are so cool. Just an amazing setting. 

Funny incident yesterday as I went for a stroll. Walking along and on the ground in front of me is the biggest wasp I have ever seen. Saw it at last second before stepping on it and jumped back. It flew right at my chest and I backpedaled like Usain Bolt. A disney employee saw me and thought I must have seen a snake. Guy was on his walkie talkie so fast calling in a snake I was pretty impressed. 

I explained it was a wasp and he looked at me like I was nuts and I dont think he believed me when I told him how big it was. Exterminator showed up in two minutes. I showed her where the wasp flew into a hole in the ground and she took care of it. 

She backed me up on the size and said it was most likely one of these

I went back to my villa and changed my underwear. 
We have seen these in our back yard in DFW area this year.  I don't understand how I've lived for 49 years, through several cicada brood cycles, and never heard about these things before.  Now I saw them in Dallas and heard about them in Florida.  What gives?  Is it the apocalypse?  The Mandela Effect?  The truth is out there.

We have seen these in our back yard in DFW area this year.  I don't understand how I've lived for 49 years, through several cicada brood cycles, and never heard about these things before.  Now I saw them in Dallas and heard about them in Florida.  What gives?  Is it the apocalypse?  The Mandela Effect?  The truth is out there.
Came across one in Dubuque a couple years ago. 

Pretty sure I still have a photo. Was not as big as this one though, but was bigger than the wasps you see in your eaves and it was going into the ground. Thats how I knew it was different. 

Eta: yep found it. Also have a photo of what looks like a small stag beatle on same trip. Will try to remember to post when I get home. Imgur keeps wanting me to install their app, not doing that. 

Just fyi, I talked to a cast member today about booking options for Oct,  and I asked about Port Orleans. She said that it was not expected to open at all this year from the scuttlebutt that she heard.

I’ll be there next Thursday and Friday. I keep looking at the wait times and am astounded. Should be interesting. 
You will be in heaven. We went to the pool again for a few hours yesterday morning and there was one other woman only for the first two hours. Then there was one more family for the last hour. 

The Winn Dixie on apopka vineland is like antimasker haven, so if that kind of thing is a concern and you ever shop there, avoid. 

You will be in heaven. We went to the pool again for a few hours yesterday morning and there was one other woman only for the first two hours. Then there was one more family for the last hour. 

The Winn Dixie on apopka vineland is like antimasker haven, so if that kind of thing is a concern and you ever shop there, avoid. 
Thanks for the heads up. I live in Tampa so no Disney area grocery shopping for us (my local Winn Dixie isn’t too different fwiw) Labor Day Weekend reservations for all the parks are maxed out so glad we’re staying weekdays instead. Looking forward to staying in a villa for the first time. 

Any non-Disney property that you guys would recommend? My wife wants to arrive a few days early to get some pool days in before the vacation. 🤔 🙄

Some hotels that are by Disney Springs are preferred.

This is interesting. Disney plans to keep the park reservation system. I wonder how that impacts the park hopper. 

https://blogmickey.com/2020/08/disney-parks-chairman-park-reservation-system-is-here-to-stay/
Park Hopper might go away?   We're a little bummed about not being able to get a season pass right now.  Anyone have a clue as to when those will be available again?  We're in that window to where just another $500-600 could get us a season pass.  Its worth the gamble to us at this point.  

Nobody has plans to stay at the Poly anytime soon, right? Moana
Be there in October.  

I just chatted with a cast member online.  I asked about about annual passes and was told to "keep checking the website."  That seems optimistic. 

At the same time I saw this article pop up.  I was told restaurants and amenities will still be open at the Poly.   So I guess its just the lobby and guest rooms?  I'm a little nervous about this.  

And it looks like the monorail is either down or going to be down?  That does stink, but the DCV rooms at the poly are closer to TTC  so its easy to ride a ferry to MK.  Plus if the crowds continue to stay slow we'll probably just drive everywhere else. 

Everyone’s at DHS today imo. It’s hot af today so sweating up a storm. Mickey and Minnie train thing was doa before park opened and now it’s an hour wait. Screw it. We managed to get into the Rise of the Resistance queue (30). Park is pretty well managed, but buses suck so far. If you’re going in a couple, tell your driver you’re part of a bigger party or you’ll get bumped like we did from 2 buses. Pretty sure they’re aren’t a lot of people staying on property as our room at Copper Creek was ready at 8 am. Killing time before afternoon rides and lunch. I think we’re going to take a gondola (sky coffin?) somewhere as we’ve never been on them. I’ll check in later. So glad we decided to come on weekdays versus this holiday weekend. 

Everyone’s at DHS today imo. It’s hot af today so sweating up a storm. Mickey and Minnie train thing was doa before park opened and now it’s an hour wait. Screw it. We managed to get into the Rise of the Resistance queue (30). Park is pretty well managed, but buses suck so far. If you’re going in a couple, tell your driver you’re part of a bigger party or you’ll get bumped like we did from 2 buses. Pretty sure they’re aren’t a lot of people staying on property as our room at Copper Creek was ready at 8 am. Killing time before afternoon rides and lunch. I think we’re going to take a gondola (sky coffin?) somewhere as we’ve never been on them. I’ll check in later. So glad we decided to come on weekdays versus this holiday weekend. 
Other than the Mickey and Minnie train, how are the wait times?

Back at Copper Creek. There are maybe 20 people at the Wilderness Lodge pool. It’s really empty here. Seemed like lots of locals at DHS today. 

what do you mean by this? if I'm on a bus, I ain't getting off for a bigger party.

what do you mean by this? if I'm on a bus, I ain't getting off for a bigger party.
It’s not a matter of getting off of the bus. It’s a matter of getting on the bus in the first place. We had to wait for 3 buses to get on even though we were there before a lot of other people. From my experience today, drivers are ordering riders in the following way:

1. Families/groups of 4 or more

2. Families/groups with scooter

2. Any couple with kids and a stroller

3. Couple with kids

4. Couple with scooter

5. Couple 

6. Single. 

These are my own observations based on a single experience getting to DHS from Wilderness Lodge.

It’s not a matter of getting off of the bus. It’s a matter of getting on the bus in the first place. We had to wait for 3 buses to get on even though we were there before a lot of other people. From my experience today, drivers are ordering riders in the following way:

1. Families/groups of 4 or more

2. Families/groups with scooter

2. Any couple with kids and a stroller

3. Couple with kids

4. Couple with scooter

5. Couple 

6. Single. 

These are my own observations based on a single experience getting to DHS from Wilderness Lodge.
You're a lot nicer than me. if they tried to bump me for a group I was there before,  I'd raise hell. Thats BS.

Easy boat ride over to MK from Wilderness Lodge this morning. Mine Train, Space Mountain, and Thunder Mountain all opening at 8:30 versus official park opening at 9. With the social  distancing measures set up, Disney is letting folks wander into the parks early so they don’t cluster. Being here this morning reminds me a lot of what it was like when I came here as a kid.

Easy boat ride over to MK from Wilderness Lodge this morning. Mine Train, Space Mountain, and Thunder Mountain all opening at 8:30 versus official park opening at 9. With the social  distancing measures set up, Disney is letting folks wander into the parks early so they don’t cluster. Being here this morning reminds me a lot of what it was like when I came here as a kid.
I'm pumped now.  This is what I was hoping would happen.  I got an email from Disney asking if I could confirm that I was still planning on going.  

I checked with the Poly and the pool is still open, the pool bar is open and so is Capt Cooks and Kona Cafe.  We're set.  I'll be bummed there's no Ohana, but with no dining plans we won't be doing many sit down restaurants anyways. 

If you can wrap your mind around things like no monorail, no fireworks and no character meals (for the youngins) this could be a pretty epic vacation.  Glad you're there now to report.  

@glvsav37 you still planning on going?  

I'm pumped now.  This is what I was hoping would happen.  I got an email from Disney asking if I could confirm that I was still planning on going.  

I checked with the Poly and the pool is still open, the pool bar is open and so is Capt Cooks and Kona Cafe.  We're set.  I'll be bummed there's no Ohana, but with no dining plans we won't be doing many sit down restaurants anyways. 

If you can wrap your mind around things like no monorail, no fireworks and no character meals (for the youngins) this could be a pretty epic vacation.  Glad you're there now to report.  

We ate at Brown Derby yesterday and it was awesome as always, but today we’re lunching in our villa. It’s got a full kitchen and we brought plenty of food. It’s more like what we do when we travel around the state anyway so it made sense for this trip. Plus we have booze. That’s a big plus. We’ll probably hang out by the pool the afternoon bc honestly I think we’ll be done with rides by noon at this rate. 

Does Whispering Canyon do their shtick at breakfast? I don't mind myself,  but it bothers my wife for some reason. 

follow up question: how is WC for breakfast? I looked at the menu and those skillets look awesome 

sadly my conference in October got canceled about 2 weeks ago. bummer. I was unsure about going at the begining, but the more I saw video and reports I was getting cooler with it. Sorry man, we will have to meet some other time. Have a great time If you go

Deranged Hermit said:
Does Whispering Canyon do their shtick at breakfast? I don't mind myself,  but it bothers my wife for some reason. 

follow up question: how is WC for breakfast? I looked at the menu and those skillets look awesome 
Nope. Never eaten there, but it was dead both days I stayed at Wilderness Lodge

Apparently, they finally hit capacity this weekend.  :mellow:  
They’re current COVID capacity, not the max capacity during non-COVID times. It was starting to get busier Friday afternoon. The rain probably chased a bunch of people out, but DHS was still packed. 

Deranged Hermit said:

They do to a lesser degree - ketchup stuff, big spoon, etc. - but it’s toned down from my recollection.

The skillets are, in fact,  awesome and your only problem will be to not gorge yourself before hitting a park.

We are headed to Art of Animation in November- they gave a decent Georgia resident discount and with the smaller crowds we decided to give it a shot.

They’re current COVID capacity, not the max capacity during non-COVID times. It was starting to get busier Friday afternoon. The rain probably chased a bunch of people out, but DHS was still packed. 
Right...I should have been clearer.  That's the first that I am aware of that they've come close.

my friend that works for Disney said Disney Springs was a #### show Saturday.  Apparently they got a ton of 'social distancing ' complaints. 
That place is a #### show every Saturday night.   I really doubt we'll ever go back.  They can't really limit the crowd there can you?  

That place is a #### show every Saturday night.   I really doubt we'll ever go back.  They can't really limit the crowd there can you?  
i don't see how.  I haven't set foot in that area in a long time.  Don't really care for it and the "good" restaurants there aren't "good" enough to go through the hassle IMO.

So, not sure if we are crazy or not but we bit the bullet and planned a trip down in November.  I haven't been following the thread of Disney news as closely so have some questions:

• What's up with 'Ohana not even showing on the reservation list?  I had heard it was not open but that made it seems like it's closed permanently
  • We love Art Smith's and have a reservation there and also one at Boathouse - you guys are saying Disney Springs is chaotic.  Should we skip?  I'm already anxious enough
  • Anybody been to Oga's Cantina?  We really want to go and I managed to get a reservation but then looked at the menu and not sure it's worth it.  Seems like it would still be cool to go though.
  • Any insight yet on the Food & Wine dates?  One of the reasons we are going and I'm worried they will pull the plug before we get there

So, not sure if we are crazy or not but we bit the bullet and planned a trip down in November.  I haven't been following the thread of Disney news as closely so have some questions:

• What's up with 'Ohana not even showing on the list?  I had heard it was not open but that made it seems like it's closed permanently
  • We love Art Smith's and have a reservation there and also one at Boathouse - you guys are saying Disney Springs is chaotic.  Should we skip?  I'm already anxious enough
  • Anybody been to Oga's Cantina?  We really want to go and I managed to get a reservation but then looked at the menu and not sure it's worth it.  Seems like it would still be cool to go though.
  • Any insight yet on the Food & Wine dates?  One of the reasons we are going and I'm worried they will pull the plug before we get there
I just finalized our October trip.  Still hope I can upgrade to AP's since its only about $400 more.  I did speak to someone that said I have 14 days from my first used ticket to upgrade if they become available.  

O'Hana will be closed til next summer.  I think a lot of the Poly will be closed.  Pool and quick serve places will still be open.  

I had a friend go to Olga's and he liked it.  Though I'm sure its just over priced drinks, but I do hope to go.  

Pretty sure Food and Wine is a go, but it looks like there is no specific end date.  Food and Wind Menus

Pretty sure Food and Wine is a go, but it looks like there is no specific end date.  Food and Wind Menus
Yeah - I find it weird that they aren't setting an end date.  Last year it was right up to Thanksgiving I believe.  You would think they would do anything to attract more folks - we won't cancel our trip if it ends before we get there but I could see some folks doing that.  Even a pared down F&W is better than nothing.

Have a PIN Code for a room discount.  We're thinking of going in Nov./Dec.  Worried that we're going to go down and the crowd numbers will be up significantly without a return of fireworks/parades/shows/character meets? 

When are the shows going to come back?  Would they come back with the lessening of state restrictions or   it is something else? 

Any idea of the Water Parks?  I saw Volcano Bay was opened. 

Have a PIN Code for a room discount.  We're thinking of going in Nov./Dec.  Worried that we're going to go down and the crowd numbers will be up significantly without a return of fireworks/parades/shows/character meets? 

When are the shows going to come back?  Would they come back with the lessening of state restrictions or   it is something else? 

Any idea of the Water Parks?  I saw Volcano Bay was opened. 
Water parks wont be open for a while. Plan is to only open one by March 2021 and thats pending any other gov't regualtions.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/#water-parks

Users who are viewing this thread