Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Disney Vacation

43 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

Thanks to @Deranged Hermit for taking a few of my expiring DVC points off my hands. The process was pretty darn smooth. 

I still have 115 points available  at $15.50/pp if anyone is interested. They expire on Oct 1 and can be used at any resort. 

Fantastic transaction all around. Could not have possibly been easier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

Fantastic transaction all around. Could not have possibly been easier.

Until @glvsav37starts using your credit card on adult web sites and you have to explain to your wife that it really isn’t you

• Laughing 4

When my wife asked how we would rent @glvsav37points, I told her we would need to give him out CC. She looked at me like I had 5 heads. I told her he was one of the people around here I trusted enough to do it. 
he is good people. 

Edited by AcerFC

2 hours ago, AcerFC said:

When my wife asked how we would rent @glvsav37points, I told her we would need to give him out CC. She looked at me like I had 5 heads. I told her he was one of the people around here I trusted enough to do it. 
he is good people. 

thanks for the vote of confidence GB! 

However for the record, I don't really need your CC though. When you rent from a member, you're not paying Disney or anything. As far as DVC is concerned, the points are the currency and as long as I have them in my account, I can book the room.  The only thing I ever pay (aside from the initial outlay which was paid off years ago) are my annual dues, which I pay in January directly to Disney. 

Hermit and I just got on the phone with the agent at the same time and she had me book the room and then she modified the details to be his family's information. No money changed hands. 

Afterward Hermit PayPal'ed me the agreed up on price and that was that. He could have used any payment method, sent me a check or a sack of wheat pennies. But yea, Hermit actually PayPal'ed my wife's account so I couldn't even try and blow it at the bar if I even wanted to. lol 

Edited by glvsav37
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, The Commish said:

Gonna be pissed if this isn't resolved by end of May....it took me months to get reservations at Beaches and Cream...got them for the Saturday after school was supposed to end and now this.  :lol: 

Can't resist twisting the knife, can you @krista4  :lmao:  

It's going to be another 2-3 years before I get a reservation there again!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

However for the record, I don't really need your CC though. When you rent from a member, you're not paying Disney or anything. As far as DVC is concerned, the points are the currency and as long as I have them in my account, I can book the room.  The only thing I ever pay (aside from the initial outlay which was paid off years ago) are my annual dues, which I pay in January directly to Disney. 

Hermit and I just got on the phone with the agent at the same time and she had me book the room and then she modified the details to be his family's information. No money changed hands. 

Afterward Hermit PayPal'ed me the agreed up on price and that was that. He could have used any payment method, sent me a check or a sack of wheat pennies. But yea, Hermit actually PayPal'ed my wife's account so I couldn't even try and blow it at the bar if I even wanted to. lol 

Damn, never considered wheat pennies. 

As an aside, you know you've been at the FFA for a long time if you get that joke. 

• Laughing 1

12 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

I had always wondered how these transactions occurred.  

20 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

I had always wondered how these transactions occurred.  

me too....lol 

to add to that...I gave Hermit the confirmation number, he plugged it into his MDE account and pooof....there was the reservation, he could link his tickets and all that jazz. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krista4 said:

Sorry!  We were so young and naive a year ago.  :( 

It feels like this has simultaneously been going on for 10 years, but also March 2020 was just a couple of weeks ago.

(And I definitely let Apple autocomplete the word simultaneously. Why are there so many vowels!?)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

It feels like this has simultaneously been going on for 10 years, but also March 2020 was just a couple of weeks ago.

(And I definitely let Apple autocomplete the word simultaneously. Why are there so many vowels!?)

I was just saying something similar this weekend.  Somehow the last year has seemed like both the longest and the shortest in my life.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

me too....lol 

to add to that...I gave Hermit the confirmation number, he plugged it into his MDE account and pooof....there was the reservation, he could link his tickets and all that jazz. 

Like I said,  it couldn't have been easier.  

We were on the phone with Disney,  they did some leg work and they're system wasn't showing the availability @glvsav37 was. He booked it, it went through and Disney made the alterations as needed to the people associated with the room. I got the confirmation number and paid glvsav37 via PayPal. 

Easy, peasey.

19 hours ago, krista4 said:

Sorry!  We were so young and naive a year ago.  :( 

It’s funny - you were ”thinking” about my post and it reminded me of just that - we had no clue what was going on.  I’m pretty sure I shared in here but my wife and daughter were literally in the car 30 minutes down the road when they got the call that her cheer team was pulling out of their comp at Disney.  I was heading to Alabama the next day for a basketball tournament for our son which also got cancelled.  Obviously at that point we knew things were bad but I’d be lying if I said I thought I’d still be working from home a year later and 500k people would have died :( 

Good news is that the vaccination rollout seems to be going well enough for us to consider a Disney trip this Fall.

Edited by AAABatteries
  • Sad 1

some positive signs

• DVC owners over at the Grand Californian can begin booking rooms there on May 2nd. The theme park openings shouldn't be far behind.

• Love it or hate it, Hollywood and Vine at the Studios will be opening again for their Disney Jr character breakfasts on March 22. It will not be a technical buffet yet, more like Chef Mickey where you can select from a few menu items. 

• Call it wishful thinking or not, Disney Cruise Line has announced their dates for both Marvel and Star Wars Cruises in 2022

Marvel Day at Sea – Disney Magic
• January 8, 2022 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
• January 17, 2022 5-Night Bahamian Cruise
• January 22, 2022 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
• January 31, 2022 5-Night Bahamian Cruise
• February 5, 2022 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
• February 14, 2022 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
• February 19, 2022 5-Night Bahamian Cruise
• February 28, 2022 5-Night Bahamian Cruise
• March 5, 2022 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise

‘Star Wars’ Day at Sea: Disney Fantasy
• January 8, 2022 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
• January 15, 2022 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
• January 22, 2022 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
• January 29, 2022 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
• February 5, 2022 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
• February 12, 2022 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
• February 19, 2022 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
• February 26, 2022 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
• March 5, 2022 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Disney just announced a new initiative to push Anaheim zoning and development boards to loosen their restrictions so that Disney can expand Disneyland. 

Check out the the DisneylandForward website for details. 

While much of this is still in "planning mode" expansion would def not be a 3rd gate, but rather allow DL and DCA to add attractions and enhancements w/o removing existing ones. If you look at the site and rendering, they float some ideas for lands around Peter Pan, frozen, and/or Zootopia, and attractions such as Tron Lightcycle Coaster. 

Also on the plans is a whole new shopping and adult entertainment district similar to Disney Springs.

Historically, DL and the city of Anaheim have not been the closest of friends. However, this timing is ripe b/c with the Covid shutdowns this past year, the city has lost a ton of revenue that would have been generated from DL and the surrounding attractions.They had to take out a $250mm loan to cover budgeting shortfalls and might be in a position to let Disney do whatever they want to help boost travel again. 

Edit to add: there is a note in the FAQ that Disney would be privately financing any expansion and would not seek funds from the city. 

Edited by glvsav37
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

Disney just announced a new initiative to push Anaheim zoning and development boards to loosen their restrictions so that Disney can expand Disneyland. 

Check out the the DisneylandForward website for details. 

While much of this is still in "planning mode" expansion would def not be a 3rd gate, but rather allow DL and DCA to add attractions and enhancements w/o removing existing ones. If you look at the site and rendering, they float some ideas for lands around Peter Pan, frozen, and/or Zootopia, and attractions such as Tron Lightcycle Coaster. 

Also on the plans is a whole new shopping and adult entertainment district similar to Disney Springs.

Historically, DL and the city of Anaheim have not been the closest of friends. However, this timing is ripe b/c with the Covid shutdowns this past year, the city has lost a ton of revenue that would have been generated from DL and the surrounding attractions.They had to take out a $250mm loan to cover budgeting shortfalls and might be in a position to let Disney do whatever they want to help boost travel again. 

Edit to add: there is a note in the FAQ that Disney would be privately financing any expansion and would not seek funds from the city. 

Interesting. I read something yesterday that specifically mentioned a third gate that would replace the Lilo and Stitch parking lot plus additional land

11 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Interesting. I read something yesterday that specifically mentioned a third gate that would replace the Lilo and Stitch parking lot plus additional land

There is nothing specific in their proposal about a 3rd gate or not, and overall its is still very on in the proposed project. But from what I was hearing, the areas of expansion are smaller parcels that are not exactly connected, or in enough proximity of each other to make a new park.But we will see.....i'm hearing this would be a 5-10 year project. 

In completely comical news, the new facial recognition technology as a segment of the conspiracy theory world REALLY up in a lather.  Apparently it's tied to the world wide pedo ring that is going to be exposed some day.  :mellow: 

The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival will officially begin on July 15th this year. Whats more exciting than the really early start this year, is that they have dropped the "taste of" title that all the other festivals have had since opening. The "taste of" title signified a limited event, whereas it appears that F&W 2021 will be the full blown event and the 1st full event since reopening. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival will officially begin on July 15th this year. Whats more exciting than the really early start this year, is that they have dropped the "taste of" title that all the other festivals have had since opening. The "taste of" title signified a limited event, whereas it appears that F&W 2021 will be the full blown event and the 1st full event since reopening. 

:boner: 

Starting April 8th, guests will be able to take photos with their masks off as long as they are standing still, outdoors and appropriately distanced. Photopass photographers will be allowed to take the photos as well. 

Edited by glvsav37

Went to redneck Disney (Dollywood) yesterday.  Madhouse - we left after riding two  rides and grabbing cinnamon bread.  We only went because our passes from 2019 are still good due to COVID.  We may go back and ride a few more tomorrow - supposedly they are cutting back capacity.  The only good thing was weather was perfect and it was all outdoors.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 1:42 PM, glvsav37 said:

While I love the F&W festival it seems of they're going to start in July and finish in November they might as well just make it permanent.

16 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

Starting April 8th, guests will be able to take photos with their masks off as long as they are standing still, outdoors and appropriately distanced. Photopass photographers will be allowed to take the photos as well. 

It was only a matter of time for this. Heck, even when my wife and I went by ourselves last November,  a disney photographer let us sneak a picture without a mask and they were really cracking down at that time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Capella said:

Making our triumphant return to the park tomorrow. Wife gonna cry a lot lol. 

I think she'll be pleasantly surprised.  They've done a really good job...even with the "You can't tell me to wear a mask!!!  I just paid $20,000 to come here!!!!" guys.  

12 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Went to redneck Disney (Dollywood) yesterday.  Madhouse - we left after riding two  rides and grabbing cinnamon bread.  We only went because our passes from 2019 are still good due to COVID.  We may go back and ride a few more tomorrow - supposedly they are cutting back capacity.  The only good thing was weather was perfect and it was all outdoors.

We have a bush gardens, VA trip planned this summer. I'm interested to see how the crowds and safety measures are handled there compared to everything I've read about WDW

(trip was supposed to be last summer, but like you, the passes were extended till this December and our friends were able to rebook the timeshare)

Edited by glvsav37

4 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

While I love the F&W festival it seems of they're going to start in July and finish in November they might as well just make it permanent.

Epcot: where every season is a festival. 

Normally I agree, but I like the change up to Arts and Flower & Garden 

However, I see the reasoning, with the need to draw people there this summer and with the 50th celebration starting in October, many people who enjoy F&W might not want to go while the surge is high for the 50th. 

4 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

We have a bush gardens, VA trip planned this summer. I'm interested to see how the crowds and safety measures are handled there compared to everything I've read about WDW

(trip was supposed to be last summer, but like you, the passes were extended till this December and our friends were able to rebook the timeshare)

We are in the exact same boat, 9 people. Everyone 16+ that's going will be fully vaccinated by mid-May. Trip is in late August. Will be a test run to maybe doing Disney/Universal in the Nov-Feb time frame. 

3/4 of us will be vaccinated by the time we get to our Hawaii and LA trip in August. All I need is for them to open up the Grand Californian for booking. Amazed that we are inside a month to reopening and they still won’t let me book. 
then of course I have to secure reservations for the days we are there. 

9 hours ago, The Commish said:

I think she'll be pleasantly surprised.  They've done a really good job...even with the "You can't tell me to wear a mask!!!  I just paid $20,000 to come here!!!!" guys.  

We had a blast - park was relatively empty. Told my wife to immediately book our next 3 days so we can get as much of this in before they up the capacity. 

My 3.5 year old had spent the last few months telling us “I miss Mickey daddy” and then spontaneously crying. So it really warmed my heart being able to take him today. He lost his mind when Mickey rolled by on the float. 

Empty monorail lot

Seeing Minnie

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Capella said:

We had a blast - park was relatively empty. Told my wife to immediately book our next 3 days so we can get as much of this in before they up the capacity. 

My 3.5 year old had spent the last few months telling us “I miss Mickey daddy” and then spontaneously crying. So it really warmed my heart being able to take him today. He lost his mind when Mickey rolled by on the float. 

Empty monorail lot

Seeing Minnie

:thumbup:

Has to be a great time to go with school in session

3 minutes ago, The Commish said:

:thumbup:

Has to be a great time to go with school in session

Yea it was great. We built up a lot of time off during the pandemic so we’re gonna take some time off and have some fun these next few weeks before mid-May. 

We booked the Hilton near Disney Springs for a few days in May. Looking forward to it. I was surprised how quick the lunch/dinner reservations were filled at the different parks. We looked about 60 days and couldn't get a time at all the places we wanted to.

At Disney Springs, is that car/boat ride thing at the Boathouse worth the money? My wife seems fascinated with it. Is it better at night or during the day?

2 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

We booked the Hilton near Disney Springs for a few days in May. Looking forward to it. I was surprised how quick the lunch/dinner reservations were filled at the different parks. We looked about 60 days and couldn't get a time at all the places we wanted to.

At Disney Springs, is that car/boat ride thing at the Boathouse worth the money? My wife seems fascinated with it. Is it better at night or during the day?

I dont think so, but tons of people do it

Anyone know how hard it ends up being to get a Hollywood Studios pass once they are “full” for a day in the future?  Didn’t realize the vaccines would come so quickly, so trying to throw things together for early June. If I book disney, what are the odds I end up at Hollywood Studios at all if they say they have no passes left?

We booked Animal Kingdom Lodge for 2 nights in a couple of weeks. We've been wanting a Savannah room for years now and every time we went to book we had sticker shock and never did it. This year we said screw it, we could be dead soon so let's blow some bucks!

Also going to the Animal Kingdom park on Earth Day 4/20. Big Avatar fans.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Capella said:

Empty monorail lot

Seeing Minnie

We were in MK yesterday (Wed 4/7).  It felt crowded to me while walking around but to be completely honest, some of the wait times we're incredibly quick - thunder Mountain was walk-up (app said 35-40 min).  Space Mountain was like 10-15 (app said 45).

We left at 3:30 or 4:00 - it was day 3 for us and we were hot & tited, but more importantly, we had already done all the rides we wanted to do.

Btw, the "to go" option for food was great.  We stayed @ Coronado Springs hotel & couldn't get a table @ the nice hotel on property but last night ordered from their menu "to go".  Plenty of picnic tables around the property to sit at, and I was able to BYOB (as opposed to $10 Disney beer).

1 minute ago, glvsav37 said:

if anyone is interested, I designed a line of "Vaccinated" shirts inspired by Disney properties for my friend Lou at WDW Radio. 

https://www.teepublic.com/stores/wdwradio?utm_campaign=3588&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=wdwradiofor

They are discounted for a little bit. 

The Incredibles one is 🔥

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

if anyone is interested, I designed a line of "Vaccinated" shirts inspired by Disney properties for my friend Lou at WDW Radio. 

https://www.teepublic.com/stores/wdwradio?utm_campaign=3588&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=wdwradiofor

They are discounted for a little bit. 

Is that the right link?  I don't see any "vaccinated" themed shirts.  

And did you design those??? Those are all pretty cool.  

20 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

Is that the right link?  I don't see any "vaccinated" themed shirts.  

And did you design those??? Those are all pretty cool.  

crazy....just reached out to him and they got taken down. Tuns out it was someone who had it out for him and reported the shirts and Disney sent him and IP claim. Whoooops 

3 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

crazy....just reached out to him and they got taken down. Tuns out it was someone who had it out for him and reported the shirts and Disney sent him and IP claim. Whoooops 

What!?!?!  I didn't know they did that.  Theres nothing but cheesy knock off Disney stuff on Etsy.  

1 minute ago, jb1020 said:

What!?!?!  I didn't know they did that.  Theres nothing but cheesy knock off Disney stuff on Etsy.  

Apparently it was someone butthurt that has it out for him. I dont know the whole story but when he announced them last night someone on twitter went after him hard and too kit too far up the ladder. He has a good thing with disney and didn't want to push too hard, so he took them down 

these were them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcxqiig9xpdwiyl/WDW018 Vax Shirts_with mockups.pdf?dl=0

• Love 1

Yes!! Disney confirmas that Coke's "Club Cool" will indeed be returning to Epcot 

Disney says the new space will celebrate Coca-Cola in a fresh new way, while keeping the fan-favorite experience that invites you to explore tasty drinks from around the world. This space will also have some new magic to bring the global experience of Coca-Cola to life.

Club Cool was demolished along with the rest of the communicores buildings as part of the Epcot revitalization