Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Disney Vacation


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Yes, for now. Have to think that when they open up to larger crowds eventually, either FastPass will be back or some other similar system will replace it. Who knows when that will be or what it will look like though.

I have heard that Disney has removed the FastPass signs from attractions (this may not be accurate).

The rumors are that it likely will not return in 2021 and if/when it does it will be in a different format and could be an upcharge.

Edited by Godsbrother
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are the thoughts on fast pass? I mean you absolutely had to have it at anything near peak capacity or you are waiting in line for two plus hours but are the two plus hour waits because a good percentage of the line gets right through with a fast pass leaving those without standing there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I have heard that Disney has removed the FastPass signs from attractions (this may not be accurate).

The rumors are that it likely will not return in 2021 and if/when it does it will be in a different format and could be an upcharge.

As for your previous post, yea they did remove FP for now. Another reason why when I was recommending UO to that poster. UO is still running their ExpressPass and it eats the FP system for lunch. I was watching a podcast the other day and they said its one of the reason UO is so busy right now is that they have not changed much of their operating procedure when it comes to guests.

But I agree with you....IF FP comes back it will look 100% different and most likely be an upcharge or perk of some type. IDK how I feel about that, but I always suspected it would go by resort category. Value gets X, Moderate gets X+1 and Deluxe/DVC gets X+2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shaft41 said:

So, I see now they've moved up the Food and Wine Festival to start on July 15.  That's our anniversary and the day we will be at Epcot.  So, instead of making a reservation at a restaurant, maybe we'll just hit up a bunch of food at that.  We've never been before since we can't travel in the fall.  

Yes I'm sorry I forgot to mention that. That could easily take the place of a meal or 2. Def check out the menus online before you go and have a game plan of what you want. You can def sample here and there, but I found myself stuffed (and broke) before I got 1/2 way around the lagoon the 1st time I went. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

As for your previous post, yea they did remove FP for now. Another reason why when I was recommending UO to that poster. UO is still running their ExpressPass and it eats the FP system for lunch. I was watching a podcast the other day and they said its one of the reason UO is so busy right now is that they have not changed much of their operating procedure when it comes to guests.

But I agree with you....IF FP comes back it will look 100% different and most likely be an upcharge or perk of some type. IDK how I feel about that, but I always suspected it would go by resort category. Value gets X, Moderate gets X+1 and Deluxe/DVC gets X+2. 

Yes Express Pass is awesome.  When I go to Universal I stay on property just for that perk.

Disney could never do "front of the line" privileges for all resort guests.  No one staying offsite would ever get on a ride!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shaft41 said:

So, I see now they've moved up the Food and Wine Festival to start on July 15.  That's our anniversary and the day we will be at Epcot.  So, instead of making a reservation at a restaurant, maybe we'll just hit up a bunch of food at that.  We've never been before since we can't travel in the fall.  

Do it - totally worth it, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

Yes I'm sorry I forgot to mention that. That could easily take the place of a meal or 2. Def check out the menus online before you go and have a game plan of what you want. You can def sample here and there, but I found myself stuffed (and broke) before I got 1/2 way around the lagoon the 1st time I went. 

My problem is I want to sample it all - I remember one year where we planned all afternoon and by the 8th kiosk I was stuffed and drunk.  We were grabbing drinks at each booth and sharing.  Of course, the wives took one sip and my buddy and I would finish each drink - it was glorious and dangerous.  :suds:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AAABatteries said:

And I have to say - I’m a little surprised by the Homecoming hate.  We love it - granted I’ve not had the collards or fried green tomatoes but still, it’s one of our favorites at DS.

Try the collards next time, please. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

Try the collards next time, please. 

Sounds like a setup.  I trust your take so I will probably stick to the Mac and cheese and whatever else it was I got.  Not even sure I’ll get down there this year :( - will make two years in a row but I’m trying to swing an adults only F&W this Fall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Capella said:

Try the collards next time, please. 

With everything at Disney being 3 times the price of normal  food anywhere else, I think ordering a dish someone else says is awful seems like a terrible choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GroveDiesel said:

With everything at Disney being 3 times the price of normal  food anywhere else, I think ordering a dish someone else says is awful seems like a terrible choice.

I’ll venmo him or anybody else here the 5 bucks to try it and see if they agree with my opinion on how bad they are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Sounds like a setup.  I trust your take so I will probably stick to the Mac and cheese and whatever else it was I got.  Not even sure I’ll get down there this year :( - will make two years in a row but I’m trying to swing an adults only F&W this Fall.

Food and wine always a really good reason to go. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Shaft41 said:

Thanks, glvsav.  I had forgotten that we have been to Via Napoli.  We did enjoy it, and that's always a good option. While I know it is not the same, we did hear that if we take the Skyliner over to Art of Animation, their food court has a pretty economical pizza deal with salad and breadsticks that's not bad.  I will look into renting the space at Blizzard Beach.  That sounds like a smart play.  

I did a little more reading and it seems as if there is a limit to one boarding group per day for Rise.  And you make Savi's reservations 60 days out like you do with dining.  

I have a few add ons to glv

If you decide to do the lightsaber (and I would because it AWESOME), try to get a reservation for as late as you can. We did ours as the park was literally closing. We were the only ones there. The big advantage to doing that is that you don’t have to carry around the sabers all day. They give you a bag, but it’s much easier to do the last reservation and carry to the hotel. 

We loved our last trip to Blizzard Beach. If I were you, I would splurge and forget about the umbrellas and just get a cabana. Book it as early as possible. We did and they bumped us to the most expensive one there because people waited until last second to get one. 
 

Have fun

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GroveDiesel said:

With everything at Disney being 3 times the price of normal  food anywhere else, I think ordering a dish someone else says is awful seems like a terrible choice.

:goodposting: I have less than fond memories of my sister forcing me to taste something that she said was terrible. I stand by my fried green tomatoes stance though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Returned yesterday from 3 days, 2 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We splurged for a Savannah view room and were rewarded with a great balcony view on the lowest floor. It is the most we've ever spent for a hotel room but we both agreed it was well worth it and are planning to go back when they restart the private safaris.

The animals are used to people being around. We learned their names from the zookeepers who would stop their Cushmans under our balcony and answer questions. My favorite was a giant bird, the Absyssinian Ground Hornbill infamously known as "Casanova" . I would call him from the balcony and he would come bounding over and just stare up at us looking like, "what, why did you call me over?" 

Herds of antelope, gazelles, zebras, giraffes, African pigs and the amazing Okapi- I'd never even heard of but looked like a cross between a zebra and an antelope yet in the giraffe family. Just before dark they become very frisky and frolic about chasing each other. Geese chasing native bunnies around was very entertaining. The African birds wake up calls were incredibly loud and exotic. Feeding times are the best. We witnessed a pack of zebra racing at full gallup to a fresh bale of hay and sliding in with a cloud of dust.

We went to Animal Kingdom Park on Earth Day and got soaked. However, the park hours were 8-8 yet we Ninja Rope Dropped and were in @ 7:19 and beelined for Flight of Passage and did it twice with no wait- best ride evah! Previously Soarin' was my fav but FOP blows it away. We did the river ride and were not that impressed, Dino ride meh, safari- awesome as always. 

Lunch at Tiffins- we managed to get in using the walkup line when they opened at 11:00. Lobster mac and cheese very good, sliders so so. Earthday cktls excellent.

We also got lucky to get into Sanaa our last nite. I had been trying for a ressie for months and could not get one. The hostess told me to try the "join walk in" on the app at precisely 5:00. It worked, only the only available spot was 5:05- my wife made record time getting ready in 3 minutes and we were in. I've never had African inspired fare before. I loved it. Lamb stew and short ribs had flavors that were remarkable. The service was impeccable and the South African cab we had was superb.

They say crowds were limited to 35% but I don't believe it. By noon the park was packed and everyone was soaked and wading through puddles. We had MM ponchos and umbrellas and still smiled throughout the day, after all it is a rainforest

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Returned yesterday from 3 days, 2 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We splurged for a Savannah view room and were rewarded with a great balcony view on the lowest floor. It is the most we've ever spent for a hotel room but we both agreed it was well worth it and are planning to go back when they restart the private safaris.

The animals are used to people being around. We learned their names from the zookeepers who would stop their Cushmans under our balcony and answer questions. My favorite was a giant bird, the Absyssinian Ground Hornbill infamously known as "Casanova" . I would call him from the balcony and he would come bounding over and just stare up at us looking like, "what, why did you call me over?" 

Herds of antelope, gazelles, zebras, giraffes, African pigs and the amazing Okapi- I'd never even heard of but looked like a cross between a zebra and an antelope yet in the giraffe family. Just before dark they become very frisky and frolic about chasing each other. Geese chasing native bunnies around was very entertaining. The African birds wake up calls were incredibly loud and exotic. Feeding times are the best. We witnessed a pack of zebra racing at full gallup to a fresh bale of hay and sliding in with a cloud of dust.

We went to Animal Kingdom Park on Earth Day and got soaked. However, the park hours were 8-8 yet we Ninja Rope Dropped and were in @ 7:19 and beelined for Flight of Passage and did it twice with no wait- best ride evah! Previously Soarin' was my fav but FOP blows it away. We did the river ride and were not that impressed, Dino ride meh, safari- awesome as always. 

Lunch at Tiffins- we managed to get in using the walkup line when they opened at 11:00. Lobster mac and cheese very good, sliders so so. Earthday cktls excellent.

We also got lucky to get into Sanaa our last nite. I had been trying for a ressie for months and could not get one. The hostess told me to try the "join walk in" on the app at precisely 5:00. It worked, only the only available spot was 5:05- my wife made record time getting ready in 3 minutes and we were in. I've never had African inspired fare before. I loved it. Lamb stew and short ribs had flavors that were remarkable. The service was impeccable and the South African cab we had was superb.

They say crowds were limited to 35% but I don't believe it. By noon the park was packed and everyone was soaked and wading through puddles. We had MM ponchos and umbrellas and still smiled throughout the day, after all it is a rainforest

nice write up. AKL is def a very unique resort and I really wish more people realized how cool it it. Thats a great thing to know about the ground floor rooms and the keepers. I may have to req a ground floor one next time. 

Sanaa is a great. almost hidden gem. Did you get the bread service? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

nice write up. AKL is def a very unique resort and I really wish more people realized how cool it it. Thats a great thing to know about the ground floor rooms and the keepers. I may have to req a ground floor one next time. 

Sanaa is a great. almost hidden gem. Did you get the bread service? 

We don't do much bread. Keeps us skinny. We did hear others rave about it and our waiter telling another table it was one of their specialties. He also turned us on to a great African cream liquer- Amarula, we had after dinner drinks made with it that were outstanding.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

We don't do much bread. Keeps us skinny. We did hear others rave about it and our waiter telling another table it was one of their specialties. He also turned us on to a great African cream liquer- Amarula, we had after dinner drinks made with it that were outstanding.

I hear ya. Its more of a Naan/flat bread, not sure if these better for us or not. But the magic is in the dipping sauces, ranging from mild to super hot, and the really unique African flavors. We found ourselves ranking them as we mowed through it. 

Edited by glvsav37
Link to comment
Share on other sites

wow, this is pretty cool. 

A new Tinkerbell meet and greet set being tested in Disneyland that makes Tink a live, life-sized version of herself that you can interact with. Think a combination of hologram technology mixed with the live actor set up of Turtle Talk or Monsters Inc Laugh floor

Be sure to watch the videos past the 1st image

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Staying at the Hilton across from Disney Springs June 12-13. Dinner reservations at Wine Bar George. If anyone’s gonna be in the area that weekend, let me know. 

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I love Halloween, but I'll be damned if I think of it while the sun is poking out here finally. 

But apparently we are 1/2 way to Halloween and Disney took the opportunity to announce their new Disney Boo Bash events. 

It appears to be Halloween themed version of their After Hours Events where the park closes early and a limited amount of guests can enjoy the parks, just with a Halloween feel and guests are encouraged to dress up in costume. It will be offered on select nights from Aug 10 - Oct 31 (basically replacing the MNSCHP)

In the mean time, you can take a YouTube tour of the various haunted attractions in all the Disney parks hosted by The Muppets Uncle Deadly

 Read the whole #HalfwayToHalloween announcement here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going the following very soon:

Animal Kingdom

Magic Kingdom

Blizzard Beach

Hollywood Studios

Epcot

 

Any MUST do rides/attractions?  Is the Everest one at Animal Kingdom tame enough for those scared of extreme rollercoasters?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Going the following very soon:

Animal Kingdom

Magic Kingdom

Blizzard Beach

Hollywood Studios

Epcot

 

Any MUST do rides/attractions?  Is the Everest one at Animal Kingdom tame enough for those scared of extreme rollercoasters?

It’s fine for just about everyone imo. Slinky Dog Dash too imo. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Any MUST do rides/attractions?  Is the Everest one at Animal Kingdom tame enough for those scared of extreme rollercoasters?

Everest is good as long you don't mind going backwards. Flight of Passage is the NUTS! We got in at 7:20 rope drop on an 8:00-8:00 day and rode the FOP twice with no wait. It. Is. AMAZING!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Osaurus said:

It’s fine for just about everyone imo. Slinky Dog Dash too imo. 

Would want to know what he means by extreme.  We took my Mother on it about 6-7 years ago and I thought she was going to murder me when it was over.  It’s a little more intense than Slinky Dog with the dark and going backwards.  It’s a great ride though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

Would want to know what he means by extreme.  We took my Mother on it about 6-7 years ago and I thought she was going to murder me when it was over.  It’s a little more intense than Slinky Dog with the dark and going backwards.  It’s a great ride though. 

The most extreme rides to me are Small World, Peter Pan, and Pooh. Extremely awful. 

  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2021 at 6:42 PM, Osaurus said:

It’s fine for just about everyone imo. Slinky Dog Dash too imo. 

This 70 minute wait for Slinky is no beuno.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

That wasn't the question, but I concur

Definitely a fun ride. Almost as good as the Rock Aerosmith one...almost. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Redwes25 said:

Ok, we are thinking of doing a short trip to Disneyland.  I have been to Disney world many times but how many days do you need for Disneyland?

You can do each park in one day. Last time we were there we did 2 days DL, 1 day CA. 
We are going in August and flipping it. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of Rock n roller coaster, with Disney trying to brand rides with the Disney only logo, I think RnR could be changed to a Cars theme ride with the song being Life is a Highway. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Speaking of Rock n roller coaster, with Disney trying to brand rides with the Disney only logo, I think RnR could be changed to a Cars theme ride with the song being Life is a Highway. 

I'm ready for RnR to be rebranded but I'm still firmly in the No camp to rebranding Tower of Terror.  I know the rebranding to GoT at DL went over really well but I won't be moved on this!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

I'm ready for RnR to be rebranded but I'm still firmly in the No camp to rebranding Tower of Terror.  I know the rebranding to GoT at DL went over really well but I won't be moved on this!

If you ride the GOTG one you will be sold. One of the most fun rides I’ve ever been on. My wife and son skipped it when we last went. I told both of them they have to ride it this time. Super awesome. I can skip the one in Orlando and not be too bummed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

If you ride the GOTG one you will be sold. One of the most fun rides I’ve ever been on. My wife and son skipped it when we last went. I told both of them they have to ride it this time. Super awesome. I can skip the one in Orlando and not be too bummed. 

I will not be moved!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rock and Roller Coaster...Wife and me made our way through a 30 minute zig zag and finally arrived at the seating area. My wife asked the attendant, "does this go upside down?"

"Yes."

She slipped out a side door and met me at the exit. I rode with the band solo. We still laugh about it.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something to keep an eye on

According to the Orange County Mayor, they have nearly reached a 50% vaccination threshold which would remove the mask mandate outdoors.  Both WDW and UO are located within Orange County, however both being private businesses can choose to enact any policy they choose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, glvsav37 said:

Something to keep an eye on

According to the Orange County Mayor, they have nearly reached a 50% vaccination threshold which would remove the mask mandate outdoors.  Both WDW and UO are located within Orange County, however both being private businesses can choose to enact any policy they choose.

Really hope this happens in time for my September trip

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Joe Mammy said:

Rock and Roller Coaster...Wife and me made our way through a 30 minute zig zag and finally arrived at the seating area. My wife asked the attendant, "does this go upside down?"

"Yes."

She slipped out a side door and met me at the exit. I rode with the band solo. We still laugh about it.

 

Honeymoon 2000, back when there were paper fastpasses. Wife and I are not shy and wore our wedding ears everywhere. The FP attendant noticed them as we were getting RnRC FPs and gave us an extra set. 

We went in on our orig FPs, and at the end a nice CM saw our ears and said "hey, come here" and let us in a side door back to the load area for another ride. We took it and at unload the CM was distracted so we simply left and went to use the 2nd set of FPs. After that trip around, the CM noticed us again, and was like "how did you guys get back here again?" then gave us the wink and opened up the side door again for us. So that was 4 straight laps on that puppy for us. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 2/12/2018 at 10:27 AM, glvsav37 said:

yes, that is the replacement for GMR

 

did I ever tell you guys my Aerosmith story? 
For my wife's 40th b-day I bought her tickets and a meet and greet package to Aerosmith where we got to meet Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. So leading up to this I'm wondering WTF do i say to Tyler? I mean everyone gushes over him and the music...WTF hasn't he heard by now. I ironically we were leaving for Disney 2 days after the show. 

So meet and greet comes and the handlers are pushing people thought the event b/c the band was running late. So it was literally "Say hi, smile for the cameraman, get out."  and when i say get out, there were handlers literally pushing you out the door. 

So our turn is up, we walk over and i mention to ST that it was my wife's b-day. He smiles, says 'come'here baby let me see what 40 feels like" and gives her a hug...shes over the moon. We line up and smile for the photo. As the handlers come to move us, I look at ST and say "Hey BTW, we are headed to Disney this weekend to ride your roller coaster a few hundred times" ST was like 'thats cool man, enjoy" and give me a high five. 

As we are leaving the M&G area, we hear from behind us "hey...wait...come on back" We turn around and see ST walking off the line toward us. When he gets to us he throws an arm around me and my wife and pops between us. He says 'listen. listen...when you are that ride, and you go over that first hill and the music is pumping and it goes (he breaks into song) 'Goooooooing Doooown'" he pauses, looks at me, then my wife and says to her "baby...you better go down." he then laughs, kisses her on the cheek and high fives me again before going back to the line. 

My wife was like "OMG..ST just sang to us!!!" where I was like "OMG..ST just told you to give me a BJ!" lol

reposting b/c of @AcerFCand  @AAABatteries comment about possible re-theming RnRC. No matter what happens, this story will always be on my mind whenever I ride it. 

Edited by glvsav37
  • Laughing 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2021 at 3:41 PM, Capella said:
On 4/21/2021 at 3:40 PM, GroveDiesel said:

With everything at Disney being 3 times the price of normal  food anywhere else, I think ordering a dish someone else says is awful seems like a terrible choice.

I’ll venmo him or anybody else here the 5 bucks to try it and see if they agree with my opinion on how bad they are. 

:lmao:

Is it just me or is anyone else envisioning a few kids sitting around daring each other to eat something while the kid who just ate the something is having a violently negative reaction to said something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

Something to keep an eye on

According to the Orange County Mayor, they have nearly reached a 50% vaccination threshold which would remove the mask mandate outdoors.  Both WDW and UO are located within Orange County, however both being private businesses can choose to enact any policy they choose.

As of right now, they aren't changing any of their policies.  They feel it easier to be clear on masks...wear them.  Not, you don't have to wear them in situation a,b,c but you do in d,e,f etc.....from a friend in the marketing department.  But they ARE looking at how they are going to get back to "normal" as soon as possible.  It won't be tied to announcement from local/state government though.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...