What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (3 Viewers)

knew this was coming...thanks for the updated details. 

almost $20/pp for Buzz lightyear....um no. I have a feeling this will have very bad reaction when/if it gets to the stateside parks. 

If you were traveling solo, maybe, but most parties are 5+ and an extra $100 for 1 ride is a deal breaker for most.
There’s no way the vast majority of people are doing this, right? RIGHT!? That’s insane amounts of money.

Goodness. I know Disney kind of needed to do even more about the crowds, but they are really going to end up making Disney impossible for the average family. 

Wow. Goes along with my last post. $1,200 per person per night is ridiculously expensive. But it looks like one of the things it gets you is guaranteed spots on RotR and Smuggler’s Run which means even fewer spots for the average park goer.

I have a feeling of Disney keeps moving this direction, it’s going to be mainly the wealthy who go to Disney at exorbitant prices. Which may end up bringing in the same or more money for Disney parks in the short run, but I’m not sure what that does for the brand in the long run.

Rather than try to cut park attendance by increasing prices and nickel and dimming, opening more parks or expanding the ones they have seem like the smarter long term play IMO. If your parks are too full, expand your capacity.

Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser prices just came out. 

These are 2 night experiences that include dining, entertainment and admission to Hollywood Studios/Galaxy's Edge. 

for 2 people its $4800 ($1,200/pp per night)
for 3 people its $5300 ($890/pp/pn)
for 4 people its I6000 ($750/pp/pn)

All the info is here
Would love to do this but would never drop that kind of coin.

Would love to do this but would never drop that kind of coin.
I'm not ruling it out, but i'm also taking a wait and see approach. I think there is going to be a huge swell of hype for a year or so. Then after everyone with the disposable income, and comped vloggers start putting out content and videos, there will be some who "want to" decide "meh, its not worth it". After the demand dies down, the price will drop and there will be promotions just like every other hotel/cruise. 

I think the key to this keeping a high price tag is to have the experience/story constantly changing. Not all the hard to do if you are tracking guests digitally. So a family gets the X1 experience on their first trip, then gets the X2 story on their 2nd. The challenge will be publicizing that hard enough to get people to want to spend that same money over and over again.  

Breaking: the NBA experience in Disney Springs will not be reopening and is considered permanently closed. 

IMP, meh, it was a bad idea to begin with and such a shame with all that money invested in tearing down DisneyQuest and replacing it with this failed idea. 

Disney Quest was the best!  Got kicked out once with some friends because we drunkenly got somewhat rowdy on the virtual whitewater rafting game, singing Coolio’s Fantastic Voyage and “falling” overboard

Saw Jungle Cruise with my daughter this past weekend. Pretty good, we both enjoyed it quite a bit. 

The Rock with his hokey puns (reminiscent of the skippers on the ride) was money 💰

Really digging the Behind the Attraction series. Worth watching imo. 
I've only watched two episodes and love the content but the woman narrator continually interrupting the Imagineers is extremely annoying.  It is so bad I'm not sure I can stomach another.

Breaking: the NBA experience in Disney Springs will not be reopening and is considered permanently closed. 

IMP, meh, it was a bad idea to begin with and such a shame with all that money invested in tearing down DisneyQuest and replacing it with this failed idea. 

I agree.  DisneyQuest wasn't perfect but I liked the concept and they could have improved on it.   I'm not sure what they're going to do with it but I think a laser tag type of game where a group is pitted against Disney Villians would be cool.

I've only watched two episodes and love the content but the woman narrator continually interrupting the Imagineers is extremely annoying.  It is so bad I'm not sure I can stomach another.

It’s Paget Brewster. She’s been in lots of things 
 Its that new style of documentary trying really hard not to be a documentary. They throw in these jump cuts and one liners to make it more "fun" but I agree, it gets a bit annoying. Its based on those VH1, E! channel Sunday Afternoon "Top 10 Pop-Culture Whatever" shows with the B-list celebs and unknown comics making bad jokes. 

Its that new style of documentary trying really hard not to be a documentary. They throw in these jump cuts and one liners to make it more "fun" but I agree, it gets a bit annoying. Its based on those VH1, E! channel Sunday Afternoon "Top 10 Pop-Culture Whatever" shows with the B-list celebs and unknown comics making bad jokes. 
I keep thinking of her on Drunk History and laugh through each episode.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The Genie program was unveiled today: Genie program

Spoiler alert, you'll have to open up your wallet (even more). I know, I'm as shocked as the rest of you......
Yeah, but I paid the money at DL the last time and it was worth the money. $15 a ticket per day for us is $60. That is one ride on Buzz Lightyear in Paris. I’ll take that. The virtual ques are so great. This seems like a virtual que all day. I’m good with that

Yeah, but I paid the money at DL the last time and it was worth the money. $15 a ticket per day for us is $60. That is one ride on Buzz Lightyear in Paris. I’ll take that. The virtual ques are so great. This seems like a virtual que all day. I’m good with that
I'm going to pay too, because I'm a sucker, but sooner or later a line will have to be drawn in the sand. 

15 bucks a day per person is like a quarter of what I figured that would cost. I think it’s pretty great, although I acknowledge if you are pinching pennies it will sting. Just the way it goes with Disney now. 

15 bucks a day per person is like a quarter of what I figured that would cost. I think it’s pretty great, although I acknowledge if you are pinching pennies it will sting. Just the way it goes with Disney now. 
Except it only gets you one ride pass at a time and if you want a tier 1 ride you have to pay even more for the lightning pass.

I’m sure my family will pay for Genie+ for our November trip, but it’s definitely frustrating to essentially be paying for something that was basically free before. I guess the real question is how much line time will you actually be able to cut off with Genie+? 

Except it only gets you one ride pass at a time and if you want a tier 1 ride you have to pay even more for the lightning pass.

I’m sure my family will pay for Genie+ for our November trip, but it’s definitely frustrating to essentially be paying for something that was basically free before. I guess the real question is how much line time will you actually be able to cut off with Genie+? 
That is how it was in DL also. One at a time but you just constantly went from one ride to the next according to what was available and around you. It worked great. 

it’s one ride at a time but you can keep going back to the well right? Like if you want to ride space mountain 7 times or whatever? In the past, we had a hard time finding good rides since we weren’t staying on property. 

I understand ride of the resistance and many others won’t be on this but overall it sounds like a positive to me. But I get why people would be upset. 

I know fast pass was a free thing BUT, Universal and many other amusement parks charge for the service. Seems reasonable for Disney to do the same. Plus DL has already been doing it for years. They had an all day photo pass included in it though. Wonder if that will stay for DL

So basically we are paying for the old paper fastpass system? 

I'm interested in seeing how its managed? I'm not a rope drop guy, and normally we don't go to the parks after 3-4pm. IDK if I'll even be able to use this b/c I'm not paying $15/pp to log on and see that the only "lightning Lane" ride left is Small World.

As for the higher tier service, I can see them throttling down the available Genie+ opportunities and giving you the old "Sorry folks, this ride is sold out, but you can get on for $XX more/pp right now"  

I would also venture to guess that certain attractions will not even be available on the Genie+ side and only available on the top upgraded side. So its either pay XX more of stand in line. 

One interesting thing I noticed was the dining reservations. Seems table service dining is available to be booked same day? Are they eliminating the 60/180 day ADRs? 

I know fast pass was a free thing BUT, Universal and many other amusement parks charge for the service. Seems reasonable for Disney to do the same. Plus DL has already been doing it for years. They had an all day photo pass included in it though. Wonder if that will stay for DL
This.

We went to Universal and Disney back in May--first time for each park for both of us.  And man, the fast pass was such an absolute game changer.  Well worth the coin.  

In May, there was no fast pass lane.  We were talking about how it would be great if Disney gave us the same option as Universal.  I'm sure a lot of people would use it and it wouldn't be as through and through as Universal--but overall I think it's a net positive for sure.

Pulled the plug about a week ago on trip to Disneyland at the end of August/early Sept.  Was hoping to make it an end of pandemnic surprise for the kids but with unvaccinated kids and Delta just don't feel comfortable at a crowded place like Disney and flights, etc. 

Only good thing about it was since it was a surprise didn't have to break the bad news to the kids.  Think we try this trip next year.  Replaced it with a family road trip to Maine and a rented cabin.  Not the same but should be fun.  

I'm firmly in the camp of "wow thats not nearly what I thought it would cost, but I have to see how this shakes out."  

I loved Maxpass at DL.  I love virtual queues.  But I can totally see hitting the park at noon and you can ride something like the tea cups in 20 minutes, or space mt is available at 4pm.    So you lock up your time to ride space at 4pm.  Then you get off Space and go to make your next selection.  Small World and Tea Cups are still 15 minutes out...but you want to ride Tron and you can't board until 9:45pm.  

it’s one ride at a time but you can keep going back to the well right? Like if you want to ride space mountain 7 times or whatever? In the past, we had a hard time finding good rides since we weren’t staying on property. 

I understand ride of the resistance and many others won’t be on this but overall it sounds like a positive to me. But I get why people would be upset. 
The biggest problem, will be how many people use it.  When we went to DL in 19, we got the Maxpass (similar to Genie +). It was great.  We'd book a ride time slot....go thru the Fastpass Lane...ride it and then get off and book the next time slot.  There'd be people we'd lap in the standby line.  It only worked this way because it was my understanding that since DL still had the paper Fastpass AND there were a lot of locals who visited.....not as many people would buy it. I'd imagine DW is/will be a whole different animal. 

The biggest problem, will be how many people use it.  When we went to DL in 19, we got the Maxpass (similar to Genie +). It was great.  We'd book a ride time slot....go thru the Fastpass Lane...ride it and then get off and book the next time slot.  There'd be people we'd lap in the standby line.  It only worked this way because it was my understanding that since DL still had the paper Fastpass AND there were a lot of locals who visited.....not as many people would buy it. I'd imagine DW is/will be a whole different animal. 

Yeah, everyone is going to buy this if going to DW.  I would of course pay the extra since I am flying down there for a vacation given how much the whole trip would cost this increase would be a drop in the pocker (even if a really annoying drop).

Yeah, everyone is going to buy this if going to DW.  I would of course pay the extra since I am flying down there for a vacation given how much the whole trip would cost this increase would be a drop in the pocker (even if a really annoying drop).
Yeah.  15 per person per day will add a little bit to the vacation.....but it's not a dealbreaker for us.  It won't be good optics for the experience (particularly for those who have been there prior to this) if, because 80% of the people buy it....you actually get less Fastpasses than the previous version.

I'd hope they A) don't make you buy it for the whole trip...let you pick and choose days and B) don't allow people to start booking until their ticket is scanned at the Gate.

Yeah.  15 per person per day will add a little bit to the vacation.....but it's not a dealbreaker for us.  It won't be good optics for the experience (particularly for those who have been there prior to this) if, because 80% of the people buy it....you actually get less Fastpasses than the previous version.

I'd hope they A) don't make you buy it for the whole trip...let you pick and choose days and B) don't allow people to start booking until their ticket is scanned at the Gate.
That is how it worked in DL. You get scanned at the gate, purchase the Fastpass + and boom, start scheduling. There is an aspect of strategy to decide to drop an earlier time for a bigger ride at a later time. Will be interesting for sure. 

Going in mid-September so Genie likely won't be in play which I am grateful for.   I want to see how all of this works out before I make a judgement on it.   

One thing that confuses me is that little by little Disney is taking away the perks that made DVC and staying on property worth it.   By taking away EMH, Magical Express and ability to book FP 30 days ahead of people staying off site it is likely going to result in more people booking hotels/houses offsite.

As more people stay offsite they are much more likely to eat meals at restaurants outside of Disney and split vacations to go to Universal or other Orlando attractions.

I guess they have this all figured out but it sure seems risky to reduce perks for on site guests.

Going in mid-September so Genie likely won't be in play which I am grateful for.   I want to see how all of this works out before I make a judgement on it.   

One thing that confuses me is that little by little Disney is taking away the perks that made DVC and staying on property worth it.   By taking away EMH, Magical Express and ability to book FP 30 days ahead of people staying off site it is likely going to result in more people booking hotels/houses offsite.

As more people stay offsite they are much more likely to eat meals at restaurants outside of Disney and split vacations to go to Universal or other Orlando attractions.

I guess they have this all figured out but it sure seems risky to reduce perks for on site guests.
While no longer calling it EMH, they are doing a 30 min ‘Early Theme Park Entry’ for all Disney Resort guests at all parks starting October 1.

They’re also doing Extended Theme Park Hours on select dates for guests staying at the deluxe resorts starting in October. 

Just wanted to make sure you were aware. Definitely catering to the high spenders, though, with only deluxe resorts and then having to pay extra for Genie and even more for some rides.

While no longer calling it EMH, they are doing a 30 min ‘Early Theme Park Entry’ for all Disney Resort guests at all parks starting October 1.

They’re also doing Extended Theme Park Hours on select dates for guests staying at the deluxe resorts starting in October. 

Just wanted to make sure you were aware. Definitely catering to the high spenders, though, with only deluxe resorts and then having to pay extra for Genie and even more for some rides.

Thanks that is true.  Those don't take effect until October but they are perks and DVC members qualify.

on the retail side, Disney is moving forward with closing almost all of its US and Canadian based Disney Stores. Only the flagship stores (Like NYC) and certain outlet locations will remain open. Most will be closed by the end of September. 

On the flip side, over 150 Target stores will add "Disney store" sections to their stores. 

Originally announced in 2019, Target has added a dedicated Disney Store section to 65 locations across the country. Now, 160 more stores will receive the addition. The areas included expanded merchandise, including bubble wands, plush, clothing, and even select items from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Just got a free upgrade to the Caribbean Beach Resort from All Star Music for our stay in October! Pretty pumped we’ll have access to the Skyliner now. Have never stayed at Caribbean Beach. Anyone here done so?

Pulled the plug about a week ago on trip to Disneyland at the end of August/early Sept.  Was hoping to make it an end of pandemnic surprise for the kids but with unvaccinated kids and Delta just don't feel comfortable at a crowded place like Disney and flights, etc. 

Only good thing about it was since it was a surprise didn't have to break the bad news to the kids.  Think we try this trip next year.  Replaced it with a family road trip to Maine and a rented cabin.  Not the same but should be fun.  

We cancelled our September trip last year and did not have to break the news to the grandkids cause it was also a surprise.

We rescheduled for Sept 11-15 thinking Covid would be mostly in the rear view mirror but here we go again.  We have two 3 BR Grand Villas & 1 Studio booked at Saratoga and 19 of us going.

I told my son & his wife that I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to cancel but they want to go.  We'll mask up, use a boatload of sanitizer and avoid crowded stuff like rope-drops and fireworks.

The good news is that if the DIS boards are any indication there are lots of people that are cancelling + early September is less crowded anyway we expect this may not be much more risky for the kids than going to school which is mask-optional and only 25% compliant.

Just got a free upgrade to the Caribbean Beach Resort from All Star Music for our stay in October! Pretty pumped we’ll have access to the Skyliner now. Have never stayed at Caribbean Beach. Anyone here done so?
CB is great, a definite upgrade over ASM. Never done the skyliner, but the resort is top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread