What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (4 Viewers)

We are booked!!!

December 9th-December 14th. Staying at Wilderness Lodge.. Slightly more than I was at first going to pay(Paid about $3400, when at first planned $2000-$2500))

But Luxury resort, Dining my way for 5 days, a direct flight and it all added up to +++ on our lists of Must have for a Disney experience.

Been working with a travel agent at the magic for less.

She managed to get us booked in for Cinderellas Royal Breakfast for the morning of my Daughters 8th Birthday, which is the hardest thing to get in at. :thumbup:
Sounds like you are going to have a great trip. Something you and your family will not forget anytime soon. Terrific weather at that time of year...all the Christmas decorations will be out and that will make it a blast.Don't turn your nose up at Epcot...they have an absolutely terrific show everynight at 9PM known as Illuminations around the World Showcase...take in a few brewskies from 5-8 in the late afternoon around that showcase and than enjoy the laser light and fireworks show.

:banned:

If you don't have your heart set on doing all the Disney parks, or you can extend your vaca a bit, you can't beat this deal from Universal.

KIDS FREE & THREE DAYS FREE

$200 for 2 adults & 2 kids for 5 consecutive days at both parks. We were in Orlando for a week and spent 3 days at the 2 Universal Parks. It was more expensive for 1 day at Magic Kindom that for the 5 day pass at Universal!

Edit to add: Meeting Spiderman was one of the highlights of my 3 yr old boys trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are booked!!!

December 9th-December 14th. Staying at Wilderness Lodge.. Slightly more than I was at first going to pay(Paid about $3400, when at first planned $2000-$2500))

But Luxury resort, Dining my way for 5 days, a direct flight and it all added up to +++ on our lists of Must have for a Disney experience.

She managed to get us booked in for Cinderellas Royal Breakfast for the morning of my Daughters 8th Birthday, which is the hardest thing to get in at. :thumbup:
Sounds like you are going to have a great trip. Something you and your family will not forget anytime soon. Terrific weather at that time of year...all the Christmas decorations will be out and that will make it a blast.Don't turn your nose up at Epcot...they have an absolutely terrific show everynight at 9PM known as Illuminations around the World Showcase...take in a few brewskies from 5-8 in the late afternoon around that showcase and than enjoy the laser light and fireworks show.

We decided, after watching the free DVD you can get from Disneyworld, to go to Epcot the day we arrive. Since we hadn't planned on going there, anything we see will be icing on the cake. We "should" arrive at our hotel by 2pm and right now we plan on taking our time and getting to epcot around 4-5pm.

Dinner and Illuminations with a few shows/rides, snacks and :banned: in-between should be a great way to begin the trip. :popcorn:

Illuminations during Christmas time is extended - make a note of it. After the usual show, which is great, they do another 5-7 minutes of holiday themed fireworks. A great encore to the show.

The Christmas Bells tunnel is great as well. In the main walkway from the World of Tomorrow to the World Showcase there is a huge open air scafolding like thing with lights all over it and it plays Christmas music with the lights moving with the music. It's really cool.

And make sure you check out Disney Studios and the Oswald Family Lights (I think that's the name). The whole place is covered in lights from a family in Arkansas who actually donated the whole thing to them. It's really really cool to see the entire park covered in those things.

And make sure you don't miss Magic Kingdom and their Holiday parade. It snows on Main Street. Very cool. There are special tickets for it I believe (my wife would know more then me) but it's definately worth it.

If you like the place even a little, then the holiday season is a great time to go. We will probably be there around that time as well.

We are booked!!!

She managed to get us booked in for Cinderellas Royal Breakfast for the morning of my Daughters 8th Birthday, which is the hardest thing to get in at.  :thumbup:

We decided, after watching the free DVD you can get from Disneyworld, to go to Epcot the day we arrive. Since we hadn't planned on going there, anything we see will be icing on the cake. We "should" arrive at our hotel by 2pm and right now we plan on taking our time and getting to epcot around 4-5pm.

Dinner and Illuminations with a few shows/rides, snacks and :banned: in-between should be a great way to begin the trip. :popcorn:
Epcot is my favorite place there. I could live in the World Showcase.A few Illuminations tips:

Pick out a seat for the show no later then 8:00pm. Chances are if you don't do that, there won't be a good place to sit. If you have kids, It's tough, but worth it.

Many people we talk to say they prefer to watch the show from the World Showcase side, usually in America (off to the side of the ampitheatre) or Japan - some even prefer the bridge from England to France. We diagree strongly.

The best place to watch it is from the othe side of the lake, preferably between the two twin stores on the lake. This is only area where you get a full feel for when the light up all the pavilions - it's really neat. However, there is a large section roped off for wheelchairs, elderly and handicapped. But, there are huge concrete encased flower beds about 3 feet high on all sides of the stores. If you can grab a section of them to sit, you've done well.

That area also has the benefit of having the McDonalds nuggets and fries stand close, and there is a bathroom there that most people don't notice, so the lines aren't usually that long if it is necessary.

The other benefit of that area is that you are closer to the exit when the mass exodus after the show occurs. Many people will not realize that the show is extended, so you will see a lot people moving after the first part of Illuminations and the big finale with explosions and white fireworks. Don't be so fooled. Hang tight for a few seconds, the the Holiday season part of it will start.

If you are only getting there for dinner and a few things, and don't think you will be back there, note that there is a pretty good chance that Sorin, Mission Space and Test Track will have lines too long for you waste time on - unless you do the single rider thing. It's up to you, of course, and fastpass does help, but be warned ahead of time that you could theoretically only get to do one of those before you run out of time before the show.

If your kids have never seen, or aren't that in love with fireworks, I suggest working on them ahead of time. Illuminations is a very very loud show with very loud explosions that you can actually feel. If they might be frightened, try to be prepared. If you go on Ebay, you can find people selling copies of the show. they aren't great quality and they just aren't as loud as the actual show, but they are a good primer.

We made our son watch it every night for 3 months before taking him there, and he loved to watch it. But when we got to the show, it was still just way to loud for him and he lost it after a while. Every firework explosion in the air is loud - every one, but there is a mild middle to the show that is just music and lasers.

Enjoy. You can't find a much better fireworks display then that show.

Illuminations during Christmas time is extended - make a note of it. After the usual show, which is great, they do another 5-7 minutes of holiday themed fireworks. A great encore to the show.

The Christmas Bells tunnel is great as well. In the main walkway from the World of Tomorrow to the World Showcase there is a huge open air scafolding like thing with lights all over it and it plays Christmas music with the lights moving with the music. It's really cool.

And make sure you check out Disney Studios and the Oswald Family Lights (I think that's the name). The whole place is covered in lights from a family in Arkansas who actually donated the whole thing to them. It's really really cool to see the entire park covered in those things.

And make sure you don't miss Magic Kingdom and their Holiday parade. It snows on Main Street. Very cool. There are special tickets for it I believe (my wife would know more then me) but it's definately worth it.

If you like the place even a little, then the holiday season is a great time to go. We will probably be there around that time as well.
:thumbup: Plans so far are Epcot Dec. 9th, MGM December 10th(sleep in day as we are catching Fantasmic!) .December 11th is my daughters 8th birthday.

So far we have Cinderellas Royal Table booked for Breakfast, Dinner is at Liberty Tavern(another Character meal) and then we have tickets for the Mickey's Merry Christmas.

Plan is to hit Breakfast and rides till Lunch, head back to hotel for a couple hours of downtime/Lunch and then :pickle: all night if we can keep the daughter moving. ;)

December 12th is AK, so back to hotel early and then back to MK on the 13th to finish off our trip.

Good thing we come home on a Thursday. Can spend the rest of the week/weekend having a vacation from the vacation before back to work.

Illuminations during Christmas time is extended - make a note of it.  After the usual show, which is great, they do another 5-7 minutes of holiday themed fireworks.  A great encore to the show.

The Christmas Bells tunnel is great as well.  In the main walkway from the World of Tomorrow to the World Showcase there is a huge open air scafolding like thing with lights all over it and it plays Christmas music with the lights moving with the music.  It's really cool.

And make sure you check out Disney Studios and the Oswald Family Lights (I think that's the name).  The whole place is covered in lights from a family in Arkansas who actually donated the whole thing to them.  It's really really cool to see the entire park covered in those things.

And make sure you don't miss Magic Kingdom and their Holiday parade.  It snows on Main Street.  Very cool.  There are special tickets for it I believe (my wife would know more then me) but it's definately worth it.

If you like the place even a little, then the holiday season is a great time to go.  We will probably be there around that time as well.
:thumbup: Plans so far are Epcot Dec. 9th, MGM December 10th(sleep in day as we are catching Fantasmic!) .December 11th is my daughters 8th birthday.

So far we have Cinderellas Royal Table booked for Breakfast, Dinner is at Liberty Tavern(another Character meal) and then we have tickets for the Mickey's Merry Christmas.

Plan is to hit Breakfast and rides till Lunch, head back to hotel for a couple hours of downtime/Lunch and then :pickle: all night if we can keep the daughter moving. ;)

December 12th is AK, so back to hotel early and then back to MK on the 13th to finish off our trip.

Good thing we come home on a Thursday. Can spend the rest of the week/weekend having a vacation from the vacation before back to work.
The Liberty is pretty good. I've had dinner at the Castle, but not breakfast, but I hear it's pretty good. If you have never done a character meal before, the only rule is wait your turn. The characters spend the whole time going from table to table to take pictures. One of them will make fun of you and one of their handlers will talk to you, if you try to pull them away from another table and don't give other people a turn. I've seen it happen. It's funny. Don't be that family.

I would highly highly recommend a dinner at the Polanesian Resort if you can swing it. The food is outstanding. It's not a character meal, but it is good. It's family style, which means all you can eat but they serve you at the table. They start you off with a huge plate of shrimp cocktail, honey correnader buffalo wings that are the best I've ever had, a huge thing of salad and some of the best potatoes in Florida. The main meal, if you have any room left after that, is BBQ meat on huge skewers that they bring to you - steak, pork, chicken, sausage - it's outstanding. My favorite meal there.

If you even slighly like Italian food, you should really try to get a meal at the Italy pavilion - you need a reservation 90% of the time. It's fantasic. On the other hand, do not eat the italian at Ton'y in MK. It's not very good at all, and the service is less then good. The saving grace of the place is that if you get reservations for around parade time, you can sit outside and watch the parade while you eat.

AK has some good eateries but none stand out to me. There is a BBQ place that's pretty good but I forget the name.

If you are looking for another breakfast with characters idea, I would try either Ches' Mickey at the Contemporary (Mickey, Minny, Donald, Goofy, Pluto) or The Crystal Palace at MK (Pooh and his friends). Both serve roughly the same food, so you would choose based on characters - the food is very good.

During your down time, if you guys want a nice quiet treat, go to Peaches and Cream - I forgot the hotel it's in. It's a little diner type place in once of the nicer hotels there (on the Boardwalk if I remember correctly). The food is good for he setting, but the key there is the ice cream. If your family is up to it, you can get the Kitchen Sink, which is a huge sundae with every ice cream in the place, about a cup of every topping you can imagine, and 3 cans of whipped cream. It's huge, messy and fun to eat. You'll never finish it, so don't try.

Oh, and at the Studios, there is a Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground with huge grass slides and whatnot. The place is usually packed, and the slides are mostly covered because they are dirt tunnels for the huge ants. IT's hard for an adult to get into them, so if you have small kids who might scare easily or aren't great with other kids yet, I'd be very careful in there. People usually watch their own, but the setup of the place lends itself to crying kids sometimes.

I'll post more if I can think of it.

The Liberty is pretty good. I've had dinner at the Castle, but not breakfast, but I hear it's pretty good. If you have never done a character meal before, the only rule is wait your turn. The characters spend the whole time going from table to table to take pictures. One of them will make fun of you and one of their handlers will talk to you, if you try to pull them away from another table and don't give other people a turn. I've seen it happen. It's funny. Don't be that family.

I would highly highly recommend a dinner at the Polanesian Resort if you can swing it. The food is outstanding. It's not a character meal, but it is good. It's family style, which means all you can eat but they serve you at the table. They start you off with a huge plate of shrimp cocktail, honey correnader buffalo wings that are the best I've ever had, a huge thing of salad and some of the best potatoes in Florida. The main meal, if you have any room left after that, is BBQ meat on huge skewers that they bring to you - steak, pork, chicken, sausage - it's outstanding. My favorite meal there.

If you even slighly like Italian food, you should really try to get a meal at the Italy pavilion - you need a reservation 90% of the time. It's fantasic. On the other hand, do not eat the italian at Ton'y in MK. It's not very good at all, and the service is less then good. The saving grace of the place is that if you get reservations for around parade time, you can sit outside and watch the parade while you eat.

AK has some good eateries but none stand out to me. There is a BBQ place that's pretty good but I forget the name.

If you are looking for another breakfast with characters idea, I would try either Ches' Mickey at the Contemporary (Mickey, Minny, Donald, Goofy, Pluto) or The Crystal Palace at MK (Pooh and his friends). Both serve roughly the same food, so you would choose based on characters - the food is very good.

During your down time, if you guys want a nice quiet treat, go to Peaches and Cream - I forgot the hotel it's in. It's a little diner type place in once of the nicer hotels there (on the Boardwalk if I remember correctly). The food is good for he setting, but the key there is the ice cream. If your family is up to it, you can get the Kitchen Sink, which is a huge sundae with every ice cream in the place, about a cup of every topping you can imagine, and 3 cans of whipped cream. It's huge, messy and fun to eat. You'll never finish it, so don't try.

Oh, and at the Studios, there is a Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground with huge grass slides and whatnot. The place is usually packed, and the slides are mostly covered because they are dirt tunnels for the huge ants. IT's hard for an adult to get into them, so if you have small kids who might scare easily or aren't great with other kids yet, I'd be very careful in there. People usually watch their own, but the setup of the place lends itself to crying kids sometimes.

Great stuff Thanks :thumbup:

Illuminations during Christmas time is extended - make a note of it.  After the usual show, which is great, they do another 5-7 minutes of holiday themed fireworks.  A great encore to the show.

The Christmas Bells tunnel is great as well.  In the main walkway from the World of Tomorrow to the World Showcase there is a huge open air scafolding like thing with lights all over it and it plays Christmas music with the lights moving with the music.  It's really cool.

And make sure you check out Disney Studios and the Oswald Family Lights (I think that's the name).  The whole place is covered in lights from a family in Arkansas who actually donated the whole thing to them.  It's really really cool to see the entire park covered in those things.

And make sure you don't miss Magic Kingdom and their Holiday parade.  It snows on Main Street.  Very cool.  There are special tickets for it I believe (my wife would know more then me) but it's definately worth it.

If you like the place even a little, then the holiday season is a great time to go.  We will probably be there around that time as well.

Breakfast at the Castle is very cool and your kids will get to meet Cinderella, one of the hardest characters to meet. We had an 7:45 reservation and were let into the Magic Kingdom before it opened. We have some very cool pictures of the us on a deserted main street and castle.The BBQ place at Animal Kingdom is the Flame Tree BBQ. It is pretty good for counter service but go there early (before noon) or late (after 2:00) because it gets crowded. If you aren't into BBQ there is the Pizzafari (which is OK) or Rainforest Cafe (avg food but cool atmosphere). Or leave the park and go to Boma's in the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Beaches and Cream is at the Beach Club (an Epcot resort) and is outstanding for burgers, shakes and ice cream. I guarantee you will come out of this place stuffed and it is reasonably priced (as far as Disney goes). It is a small place though so you are likely to hit a crowd if you go there between noon and 1:00.

Breakfast at the Castle is very cool and your kids will get to meet Cinderella, one of the hardest characters to meet. We had an 7:45 reservation and were let into the Magic Kingdom before it opened. We have some very cool pictures of the us on a deserted main street and castle.The BBQ place at Animal Kingdom is the Flame Tree BBQ. It is pretty good for counter service but go there early (before noon) or late (after 2:00) because it gets crowded. If you aren't into BBQ there is the Pizzafari (which is OK) or Rainforest Cafe (avg food but cool atmosphere). Or leave the park and go to Boma's in the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Beaches and Cream is at the Beach Club (an Epcot resort) and is outstanding for burgers, shakes and ice cream. I guarantee you will come out of this place stuffed and it is reasonably priced (as far as Disney goes). It is a small place though so you are likely to hit a crowd if you go there between noon and 1:00.
That's it, Beach Club. Thanks.I wasn't a huge fan of Pizzafari, but to each his own.

That's it, Beach Club.  Thanks.

I wasn't a huge fan of Pizzafari, but to each his own.
Yeah, that is why I said it was OK. I didn't think all that much of it myself. At the AK I would go to Flame Tree or Rainforest Cafe before Pizzafari. If you don't mind leaving the AK, Boma's at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is the place to go.

That's it, Beach Club.  Thanks.

I wasn't a huge fan of Pizzafari, but to each his own.
Yeah, that is why I said it was OK. I didn't think all that much of it myself. At the AK I would go to Flame Tree or Rainforest Cafe before Pizzafari. If you don't mind leaving the AK, Boma's at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is the place to go.
Our problem with AK in general is that we aren't huge animal fans. They're cool to see, but I'm not a zoo guy, and I've seen enough of them to not be thrilled to death - so AK isn't our go to place. We usually go from 6-10 days when we go, but we only ever hit AK once, and sometimes only for a half day.My wife loves MK, and like I said, I could live in Epcot.

Just got back from 8 days of Disney Dining Plan. Lots and Lots of great food, but the meal you are talking about here at Ohana's was hands down our favorite. Finished our meal just in time to walk down to the beach and grab a lounge chair for the boat parade... followed by the fireworks show not long after. Remarkable place. This meal will definitely be on our agenda for all future trips.

I would highly highly recommend a dinner at the Polanesian Resort if you can swing it.  The food is outstanding.  It's not a character meal, but it is good.  It's family style, which means all you can eat but they serve you at the table.  They start you off with a huge plate of shrimp cocktail, honey correnader buffalo wings that are the best I've ever had, a huge thing of salad and some of the best potatoes in Florida.  The main meal, if you have any room left after that, is BBQ meat on huge skewers that they bring to you - steak, pork, chicken, sausage - it's outstanding.  My favorite meal there.
Just got back from 8 days of Disney Dining Plan. Lots and Lots of great food, but the meal you are talking about here at Ohana's was hands down our favorite. Finished our meal just in time to walk down to the beach and grab a lounge chair for the boat parade... followed by the fireworks show not long after. Remarkable place. This meal will definitely be on our agenda for all future trips.
:goodposting:

I would highly highly recommend a dinner at the Polanesian Resort if you can swing it.  The food is outstanding.  It's not a character meal, but it is good.  It's family style, which means all you can eat but they serve you at the table.  They start you off with a huge plate of shrimp cocktail, honey correnader buffalo wings that are the best I've ever had, a huge thing of salad and some of the best potatoes in Florida.  The main meal, if you have any room left after that, is BBQ meat on huge skewers that they bring to you - steak, pork, chicken, sausage - it's outstanding.  My favorite meal there.
I have stayed at most of the Disney resorts and the Polynesian is our hands-down favorite.

Our problem with AK in general is that we aren't huge animal fans. They're cool to see, but I'm not a zoo guy, and I've seen enough of them to not be thrilled to death - so AK isn't our go to place. We usually go from 6-10 days when we go, but we only ever hit AK once, and sometimes only for a half day.

My wife loves MK, and like I said, I could live in Epcot.
The Animal Kingdom is definitely a different kind of park but there is a lot you can miss if you are just running from attraction to attraction. If you aren't into animals I could see how you would be disappointed though.If you haven't been on the new Expedition Everest though I highly recommend it. In my opinion it is one of the best attractions at any theme park, anywhere.

Our problem with AK in general is that we aren't huge animal fans.  They're cool to see, but I'm not a zoo guy, and I've seen enough of them to not be thrilled to death - so AK isn't our go to place.  We usually go from 6-10 days when we go, but we only ever hit AK once, and sometimes only for a half day.

The Animal Kingdom is definitely a different kind of park but there is a lot you can miss if you are just running from attraction to attraction. If you aren't into animals I could see how you would be disappointed though.If you haven't been on the new Expedition Everest though I highly recommend it. In my opinion it is one of the best attractions at any theme park, anywhere.
Yeah, we were there in April and they opened it for a day as a teaser, but we had my son, and he can't do it so we didn't bother.

Our problem with AK in general is that we aren't huge animal fans.  They're cool to see, but I'm not a zoo guy, and I've seen enough of them to not be thrilled to death - so AK isn't our go to place.  We usually go from 6-10 days when we go, but we only ever hit AK once, and sometimes only for a half day.

Yeah, we were there in April and they opened it for a day as a teaser, but we had my son, and he can't do it so we didn't bother.
Baby SwapIf you go there first thing when park opens, your son wouldn't have more than a 10 minute wait.

Baby SwapIf you go there first thing when park opens, your son wouldn't have more than a 10 minute wait.
I know. I'd rather do a ride with my wife, and if not I'd rather play with my son, so it's no biggy for us. Our family will usually join us for at least half of our trips, so they watch him for us.

There is one positive thing to having a daughter that will be 8 and not ready for some of the Big rides(Space Mountian, Rock & Roll Coaster, Tower of Terror, etc..) and a wife that is terrified of even kiddie Rollar coasters.

I can jump in the singles lines and, from what I've read, be able to get on in a matter of a couple of minutes, while the rest wait 30+. :P

There is one positive thing to having a daughter that will be 8 and not ready for some of the Big rides(Space Mountian, Rock & Roll Coaster, Tower of Terror, etc..) and a wife that is terrified of even kiddie Rollar coasters.

I can jump in the singles lines and, from what I've read, be able to get on in a matter of a couple of minutes, while the rest wait 30+. :P
I saw no such line on any of my trips. Singles waited in line with everyone else until they got right up to the ride and then the cast members asked for party of 1, 2, etc... whatever they needed to fill seats. Only ones who just walk right up to the front in a couple of minutes were Fastpassers, handicapped, and the ones in those fat people cart things.

I saw no such line on any of my trips. Singles waited in line with everyone else until they got right up to the ride and then the cast members asked for party of 1, 2, etc... whatever they needed to fill seats. Only ones who just walk right up to the front in a couple of minutes were Fastpassers, handicapped, and the ones in those fat people cart things.
strange. Not sure all rides have it, but I know I read on some forums that there was a singles line. Otherwise Fastpass will have to do if they don't have it. Guess I'll find out in December. ;)

I can jump in the singles lines and, from what I've read, be able to get on in a matter of a couple of minutes, while the rest wait 30+.  :P
Some of the bigger attractions have single rider lanes where there is a separate waiting line. Mission Space and Test Track definitely have them. Expedition Everest might. I don't think that Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster or Big Thunder Mountain have them.

I can jump in the singles lines and, from what I've read, be able to get on in a matter of a couple of minutes, while the rest wait 30+.  :P
Some of the bigger attractions have single rider lanes where there is a separate waiting line. Mission Space and Test Track definitely have them. Expedition Everest might. I don't think that Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster or Big Thunder Mountain have them.
I think Tower of Terror does, but I'm not sure.

Ahhh... I've always had someone with me for Mission Space and Test Track so never really noticed. I have rode solo on all those others and didn't see any singles line, but then again, I use fastpass mostly for those.

i'm booked to wilderness lodge 7/13-7/16...

will be staying in orlando at the peabody from 7/6-7/13, so i got a 9 day park hopper...

can't wait to go...

i'm booked to wilderness lodge 7/13-7/16...

will be staying in orlando at the peabody from 7/6-7/13, so i got a 9 day park hopper...

can't wait to go...
:thumbup: Nice.. I expect a full report when you return Mister! ;)

Everest has the single rider line, it is right next to the Fast Pass Return entrance...you will wait 10 minutes TOPS...this is the only way to go if you don't mind sitting next to some stranger.

We were at Wilderness Lodge from 5/31-6/6. I can't recommend it highly enough. :thumbup: Unless you're adverse to spending lots of money. :unsure:

Seriously, it was beautiful. And we could watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom from our room, when we were 'home' in time to see it.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject...I highly recommend the Dining Plan. We got a ton of value out of it and IMO it really changed the whole Disney experience for us. We'd never go to their sit down restaurants to eat without it. We'd just have fast fooded our way through the whole thing, I'm sure. This way, we had one table service meal each day (and we broke them up between lunches and dinners). We did one character dinner (Liberty Tree Tavern at MK), one dinner package at MGM (Hollywood and Vine with entrance to the 'special section' at Fantasmic), Sci Fi Dine In Theater, etc. Only once did it mess up what we wanted to do in the afternoon, and it really wasn't that big a deal. It costs at least $38 per adult to eat in any of the sit down restaurants, so the value is definitely there along with the experience.

They're very lenient about what you can get with the plan. Many Cast Members will even help you make sure you're getting 'enough'. For example, we bought the refillable drink mugs at the hotel..so if we were getting a counter service meal there (which comes with a drink), she'd remind us to pick up something else to take its place (like water for later).

how strict are they on the height requirements...

my youngest is about 38", lots of rides are looking for 40"...

i bot some large heel shoes but he needs a little more...

are backpacks allowed...

are there restrictions on what i can bring in...

i'm thinking some kid snacks and unopened bottled water...

i have heard conflicting reports on fastpass...

can you only have one at a time, or can you obtain multiple...
Depends on what you are getting the fast pass for.What I think it does.....

If you are getting it for a ride, let's say Space Mountain, you can only have one fast pass for a ride at a time per ticket.

You can not get one for another ride, pick any ride, while you have you fast pass for Space Mountain.

Once the time frame for your fast pass is expired, then you can get one for another ride.

If you are getting one for a show (Indiana Jones Stunt Show and Lights, Camera, Speed) you can still get it regarless of what you have for a ride.

ok, that is what i thought, but i had heard/read somewhere that if you were a resort guest you could have multiple ride fastpasses...

thanks for clearing that up...

another question..

my 2 year old is the one who is real close to 40"...

so i'm not buying him a ticket..

assuming he slides by the height restriction will he be allowed to ride without a ticket...

As far as the Fastpass goes, once you get one for any ride, you CAN'T get another Fastpass for any ride for a certain amount of time. You can't just run around the park and stack up on passes. The restriction is usually about an hour.

Now, what we did when the park wasn't too too crowded was get a FP for a ride we wanted and then go to do something else. While we were within the window of time to ride our FP ride, we could then go get another FP for the next ride. It made for extra walking but it did allow us to get onto some things in a way that felt quicker. The more crowded the park, the longer the return time for the ride, obviously.

By far the longest lines we encountered were for Soarin' and Test Track at Epcot. At one point, Test Track had a wait time of 130 minutes. Ridiculous. We got FP tickets for Soarin' at around 10am and our return time wasn't until 1:30.

You should also beware that there's a finite number of Fastpasses to be given out in any day. At Animal Kingdom, it happened a couple times that the Fastpass booths were closed by about 2pm for the whole day. So unless you wanted to wait in line for 75 minutes, you were stuck for Kali River Rapids and Everest (great ride, btw).

Oh, in my experience, they're fairly strict about the height thing. Both of my kids are above the requirement so I didn't really notice too often. If it's a ride with any intensity, they will measure right before getting onto the ride.

Once you're in the park, they don't check tickets for anything. Not sure how it works for kids under two, but you need something to get in each day and something to run through the fastpass machine. So they must issue a card even though you didn't have to 'buy' a ticket.

are backpacks allowed...

Backpacks are fine... the rules say no outside food and/or beverages but the majority of families with kids bring them. If we have the double stroller, we bring a cooler to the park. The security guards will make us open up the cooler and sometimes move some of the bottles/food around so he gets a warm fuzzy that we're not smuggling a bomb. The first couple of times we went, I was a little nervous about bringing drinks, etc. but that passes quickly. Just do it and don't think twice about it.

are backpacks allowed...

Backpacks are fine... the rules say no outside food and/or beverages but the majority of families with kids bring them. If we have the double stroller, we bring a cooler to the park. The security guards will make us open up the cooler and sometimes move some of the bottles/food around so he gets a warm fuzzy that we're not smuggling a bomb. The first couple of times we went, I was a little nervous about bringing drinks, etc. but that passes quickly. Just do it and don't think twice about it.
thanks...

Oh, in my experience, they're fairly strict about the height thing. Both of my kids are above the requirement so I didn't really notice too often. If it's a ride with any intensity, they will measure right before getting onto the ride.

Once you're in the park, they don't check tickets for anything. Not sure how it works for kids under two, but you need something to get in each day and something to run through the fastpass machine. So they must issue a card even though you didn't have to 'buy' a ticket.
so no reason to have the tickets (credit card looking things) readily available?

Users who are viewing this thread