What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (3 Viewers)

Big question for me is the pefect age for the kids. My kids are 7 and 2. Trying to determine when to go so my son isn't too old to enjoy it and my daughter is old enough to know what the hell is going on. Next year (8 and 3) or following year (9 and 4)?
Leaving it too long for the older one IMO. Go now and plan to go again in 2-3 years for the younger one.

Big question for me is the pefect age for the kids. My kids are 7 and 2. Trying to determine when to go so my son isn't too old to enjoy it and my daughter is old enough to know what the hell is going on. Next year (8 and 3) or following year (9 and 4)?
There's no perfect age. Different ages will enjoy different aspects.I'd go next year though. 3 is old enough to know what's going on.

Heading down next week - should be (comparatively) slow, right? Kids mostly back in school, and I didn't see any major events on the WDW calendar.
(footnotes added for shuke)Should be comparatively slow. The marathon (1) is this weekend, and after that WDW slows down quite a bit.Magic Kingdom might not be fully operational. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (2) is about to get shut down for a few months for maintenance and queue rebuilding, the Fantasyland expansion (3) isn't open yet, and they're getting ready to pack up the Dumbo ride and move it to its new home in the Fantasyland expansion. But unless Dumbo is the favorite character of someone in your travelling party, that won't matter much. The relatively thin crowd will more than offset the maintenance inconveniences. Check the Orlando weather forecast if you have the time. Orlando weather in January fluctuates a bit, and it's not unheardof to have the temperature swing 25-30 degrees from sunrise to mid-afternoon, or from mid-afternoon to late evening. ----(1) a 26.2 mile running race. WDW usually stages one during a weekend in early January. Those people who run for fun and not to get eaten by loose wild animals say it's a blast. The running course traverses through the Disney grounds, including right down the heart of Magic Kingdom down Main Street and through Cinderella's castle.(2) a mid-level rollercoaster with a railroad/mining theme. It's a smooth ride with fun turns, a nice alternative for parkgoers that like theme park rides but don't care for loops, corkscrews, or 200-foot drops.(3) a section of Magic Kingdom themed around the Disney Princesses and classic animated characters like Peter Pan and Winnie The Pooh. Over the next couple years, Magic Kingdom will add new rides and attractions in the Fantasyland theme in the space that used to be ToonTown (a), including a new rollercoaster with a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs mining theme, a new castle modeled after the one from Beauty and the Beast, and a second Dumbo ride identical to the current one.(a) a park section geared towards little kids themed around the Disney "Big Five": Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and Pluto.

Last edited by a moderator:
When your child < 3 they are free. Not having to buy a ticket is not a bad thing.

Shuke,

We have been there a bunch. We have gone when my daughter was 18 months, 19 months, 2 years, 3 years (twice) and my son when he was 13 months and 16 months

They each loved it every step of the way. My son at 13 months was having a blast so I wouldnt worry for a second about your 2 year old especially if she likes Princesses. When we went with my daughter at 18 months the princesses at Cinderellas castle loved her and Belle came over and did the special wand thing with her.

Shuke,We have been there a bunch. We have gone when my daughter was 18 months, 19 months, 2 years, 3 years (twice) and my son when he was 13 months and 16 monthsThey each loved it every step of the way. My son at 13 months was having a blast so I wouldnt worry for a second about your 2 year old especially if she likes Princesses. When we went with my daughter at 18 months the princesses at Cinderellas castle loved her and Belle came over and did the special wand thing with her.
I tried to get Belle to do a special wand thing, and they kicked me out.

We are looking at going next fall during off peak times (mostly for $ reasons). I really don't give a crap about pulling my 1st grader out of school for 4 days to go to Disney (school system can suck it up IMO) so going in the fall seems good.

Daughters will be 6 and almost 4. Leaving the babies home with Grandmas.

Questions:

1. How early to book? I've heard about the free dining plan thing... when does that get announced? We almost have to have that to be able to spend money on other stuff to really maximize the trip. Can I reschedule without penalty if I book and they announce the free dining plan ends a week before our trip? Dates are flexible. Do I need to book now with or without the dining plan with hopes to get it free later, or does it not matter?

2. How early to start booking dinners (like the aforementioned cinderella castle thing)?

3. Are all the crappy value resorts basically the same? I think we're pretty much locked into a value resort this go-around ($). I don't really care about the room to much... don't plan on hanging out there.

I think I can figure out all the "what to do" stuff on my own.

TIAs.

Shuke,We have been there a bunch. We have gone when my daughter was 18 months, 19 months, 2 years, 3 years (twice) and my son when he was 13 months and 16 monthsThey each loved it every step of the way. My son at 13 months was having a blast so I wouldnt worry for a second about your 2 year old especially if she likes Princesses. When we went with my daughter at 18 months the princesses at Cinderellas castle loved her and Belle came over and did the special wand thing with her.
I tried to get Belle to do a special wand thing, and they kicked me out.
Once I hit add reply I knew that didnt sound good

We are looking at going next fall during off peak times (mostly for $ reasons). I really don't give a crap about pulling my 1st grader out of school for 4 days to go to Disney (school system can suck it up IMO) so going in the fall seems good.

Questions:

1. How early to book? I've heard about the free dining plan thing... when does that get announced? We almost have to have that to be able to spend money on other stuff to really maximize the trip. Can I reschedule without penalty if I book and they announce the free dining plan ends a week before our trip? Dates are flexible. Do I need to book now with or without the dining plan with hopes to get it free later, or does it not matter?

If you get the Disney credit card, you have 6 months to pay off the trip AFTER you go. You only pay a deposit when you book. You can book now and then call back for better rates. I think I may be doing that soon for November. I think they only have rates and plans thru March at this point (but dont hold me to that).

2. How early to start booking dinners (like the aforementioned cinderella castle thing)?

You can book reservations for dining 180 days out I think. You definitely want to try to get Dinner or lunch at Cinderellas castle. Le Celier and Ohana are board favorites that book quick so you might want to aim for those as well

3. Are all the crappy value resorts basically the same? I think we're pretty much locked into a value resort this go-around ($). I don't really care about the room to much... don't plan on hanging out there.

Yes, all the value resorts are similar except for theme. They each have similar rooms (nice enough), pools and quick service dining areas as well as gift shops of course. I have stayed in All Star Sports, Movies and Pop Century. All nice enough especially when you are never there

TIAs.

We are looking at going next fall during off peak times (mostly for $ reasons). I really don't give a crap about pulling my 1st grader out of school for 4 days to go to Disney (school system can suck it up IMO) so going in the fall seems good.Daughters will be 6 and almost 4. Leaving the babies home with Grandmas.
:highfive:considering the same plan... I also have daughters who will be 4 and 6 and I also don't give a crap about the oldest missing a few days of 1st grade. I'm thinking about the week before Thanksgiving when it starts to get a little cold here in Chicago and Florida should still be warm.

considering the same plan... I also have daughters who will be 4 and 6 and I also don't give a crap about the oldest missing a few days of 1st grade. I'm thinking about the week before Thanksgiving when it starts to get a little cold here in Chicago and Florida should still be warm.
Week before Thanksgiving should be good. IIRC the two big windows late in the year for less-crowded parks are after Halloween but before Thanksgiving, and after Thanksgiving before the Christmas crowd shows up. The Florida weather should be more reliable before Thanksgiving.

Just got back from DisneyWorld with my daughter who is 2 years and 11 months (did this because she was still free for a month), and she absolutely loved it. I thought it was the perfect age to take her.

Bruce's insight was perfect for me. I was a little scared when i opened this forum up, but I really found that the stuff he said helped us out a ton. That and using the Disney Parks app that I got for my Droid phone

We are looking at going next fall during off peak times (mostly for $ reasons). I really don't give a crap about pulling my 1st grader out of school for 4 days to go to Disney (school system can suck it up IMO) so going in the fall seems good.Daughters will be 6 and almost 4. Leaving the babies home with Grandmas.Questions:1. How early to book? I've heard about the free dining plan thing... when does that get announced? We almost have to have that to be able to spend money on other stuff to really maximize the trip. Can I reschedule without penalty if I book and they announce the free dining plan ends a week before our trip? Dates are flexible. Do I need to book now with or without the dining plan with hopes to get it free later, or does it not matter?2. How early to start booking dinners (like the aforementioned cinderella castle thing)?3. Are all the crappy value resorts basically the same? I think we're pretty much locked into a value resort this go-around ($). I don't really care about the room to much... don't plan on hanging out there.I think I can figure out all the "what to do" stuff on my own.TIAs.
1. IIRC the free dining plan incentive was announced in the spring last year. It's not a guarantee that it will be offered, but WDW has done it the last few years for sluggish booking times. We were able to add it after booking our hotel reservation.2. The general rule is the dining reservation book opens 180 days in advance. However, if you have a Disney property reservation on the dining date, you get "180+10" days. That's in quotes because it's a little better than that - you can book dining reservations for your entire stay 190 days before your arrival date, not having to call back every day for a week to book dining.WDW added some restrictions to their dining reservation system in late October 2010. You used to be able to book multiple dining reservations in multiple parks on the same night. Now the system checks for that. For example, on MegaTrip we actually booked two reservations for Le Cellier (1) on the same night a couple hours apart. I don't think the reservation system lets you do that anymore. Also, you used to be able to no-show dining reservations without penalty. After the switch, you are required to give a credit card number to book a dining reservation at the high-demand restaurants, and they will charge you $10 per person on the reservation if you no-show without cancelling. They're pretty lenient about advance cancellation (worst case scenario is midnight the night before the reservation, might even be as a little as 3 hours), but some of the methods used by hardcore WDW fanatics to game the dining reservation system have been removed.3. I haven't stayed at a value resort, but that's my general impression. If you don't plan on hanging out at the hotel much, you could do a lot worse than the value resorts. I've heard that since the value resorts are large facilities with lots of families with young children, sometimes the bus transportation to the parks (2) gets a little crowded. According to one of the concierges at Port Orleans, if a Disney Transport bus driver has a full bus before completing their pickups, the driver calls it in to the transportation traffic control, and another bus is immediately deployed to the route. (1) a highly-regarded steakhouse in the Canada section of Epcot, one of the higher-demand table-service restaurants in WDW(2) if you're driving to WDW or renting a car and staying on Disney property, you might want to consider driving to Epcot, DHS, or AK since the parking is free and the trams can cover the smaller parking lots fairly quickly. However, I strongly suggest taking the bus to Magic Kingdom. The parking lot for Magic Kingdom is the "Transportation and Ticket Center", and you are still 45-60 minutes away from Main Street via monorail or ferry. The buses drop you off right by the MK front door. The buses out of the park at peak departure times like after the fireworks or an evening parade can get a little crowded, but even a delay at the bus depot is still faster than dealing with the monorail/ferry queue and dealing with exiting TTC.

Yes, all the value resorts are similar except for theme. They each have similar rooms (nice enough), pools and quick service dining areas as well as gift shops of course. I have stayed in All Star Sports, Movies and Pop Century. All nice enough especially when you are never there
New value resort "Art of Animation" opens in May. In Hollywood Studios area.Looks like only the family suites are available now. Standard rooms not opening until the end of the year.

We are looking at going next fall during off peak times (mostly for $ reasons). I really don't give a crap about pulling my 1st grader out of school for 4 days to go to Disney (school system can suck it up IMO) so going in the fall seems good.Daughters will be 6 and almost 4. Leaving the babies home with Grandmas.Questions:1. How early to book? I've heard about the free dining plan thing... when does that get announced? We almost have to have that to be able to spend money on other stuff to really maximize the trip. Can I reschedule without penalty if I book and they announce the free dining plan ends a week before our trip? Dates are flexible. Do I need to book now with or without the dining plan with hopes to get it free later, or does it not matter?2. How early to start booking dinners (like the aforementioned cinderella castle thing)?3. Are all the crappy value resorts basically the same? I think we're pretty much locked into a value resort this go-around ($). I don't really care about the room to much... don't plan on hanging out there.I think I can figure out all the "what to do" stuff on my own.TIAs.
Start booking meals the day you can (I think its 180 days out). Even if you dont have the trip officially booked and just have some dates in mind, you can still make reservations - you are not asked for anything other then your name when booking. Much easier to cancel later then to find openings.We went recently and did a bunch of character meals. One that was near the top for us that is often not mentioned was Garden Grill at Epcot. Food was excellent (id go back without kids just for the food), but highlight by far was the character interaction. Way more character interaction then other places we hit and the kids loved it. Each character came to our table 4-5 different times. Worst for us was probably chef mickey. Characters were good, but food was terrible. Didnt help that it was the middle of a monsoon and the rain was hitting us at our table. (Terrible design of the building allowing the wind to blow rain in the "open area".

There is a Cinderella dinner 1900 Park Fare

It was actually pretty good if you get froze out of the castle. The step mother and step sisters are there and so is Prince Charming. He asked my daughter to dance. Its stupid things like this that keep us coming back. And they must have some camera recognition because my daughter seems to always be involved in something

In terms of character dining I would rate it (food pretty much the same buffet style)

Cinderellas Castle > Tusker House > Chef Mickeys > Park Fare > Crystal Palace > Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (even though ALL the princesses are there)

Is Cinderella's Castle good chow? Hard to get in? What are the prices like? May take the GF there for her birthday this year.

Is Cinderella's Castle good chow? Hard to get in? What are the prices like? May take the GF there for her birthday this year.
The food is OK. Cant really remember price as it was two sit down meals on the dining plan (I think). I was not floored by it. You are really paying for the experience. Unless she is a total Cinderella nut, I would try for something in Epcot or Ohana (according to most here)ETA: My list a few posts up has more to do with overall experience, not just food. Most people will probably put the Norway Princess place higher

Boring food. Tiny app, few thin slices of tenderloin, and a dessert. Like the prev poster said....its all about the decor and princesses. My 3 yr old was in her glory. She was all done up from that salon in the castle and had her Belle dress on....just loved interacting with the princesses.

Bruce -- doing DHS in a week or two. Any must sees and must avoids?
A lot of your DHS day is built around the question, "do I want to do Toy Story Mania?"If yes, be there at rope drop, and bumrush it to the Pixar section. There will be running room behind the street carts and kiosks that aren't open yet - it's a great way to avoid maniac stroller drivers. Have your fastest runner hit the FP kiosk with everyone's tickets while the second fastest runner gets in the standby line. That's your best chance at riding TSM without tying up your FP privileges for two hours.If you decide you don't need TSM that bad, stroll to the Tower of Terror and Rock and Roller Coaster. RnRC will have the longer line and more FP demand. I'm a big fan of Tower of Terror and Rock and Roller Coaster. You can find faster and more aggressive coasters in Orlando, but none of them sync Aerosmith songs with your ride. At Tower of Terror, take a moment to appreciate the details - they did a great job making the place look like it's been rundown for decades.Star Tours has improved a ton. Rather than try to launch a new character, they changed it to populate it with famous SW characters. The ride (it's a simulator) cycles through several different stories, so if you ride it twice there will be subtle differences.AVOID the backlot tour. It's a huge time suck with little payoff. I'd put the Great Movie Ride in the same bucket, with the exception of GMR is an air-conditioned option if the temp is above 90.If you and/or the gal pal like musical theater, the Beauty and the Beast show is good. It's a compressed version of the Broadway show hitting the song highlights. There's also a Little Mermaid show, but it's IMO geared towards kids. For a good snack, the Starring Rolls Cafe has good pastry options. I dug the chocolate croissant and the sweet rolls looked good.For dining... Mama Melrose's has reasonably priced pasta and flat breads for lunch. There's a Sci-fi themed eatery where you sit in an old convertible and watch 50s Sci-fi while you eat. If you're still around at dinner time, I'd actually park hop it over to Epcot.If you and/or yours are into the classic characters and/or drawing, consider an Animation Academy class in the animation building. They usually start up after the park has been open for a couple hours and run every half-hour. You'll learn how to draw one of the headliners like Mickey or Donald from a great instructor and get to keep your drawing.The MuppetVision 3D show is OK. It's a bit dated, but the theater you see it in is an excellent reproduction of the theater from the original Muppet Show. If you're into the Muppets, the studio store right by MuppetVision has some cool Muppet stuff and signage.The car stunt show and Indiana Jones shows are good, but probably don't need to be seen twice.Throughout the day, an American Idol competition takes place. No shtick. There's a studio theater for it and everything. Park goers can audition in the morning to compete in semifinals in the afternoon. The top singers advance to the Finals in the evening, and the studio audience votes for the winner. I think the daily champs win the right to audition for the real American Idol but I'm not sure about that. The finals are simulcast on video boards on the outside on the AI studio. Nothing I heard on those simulcasts made me want to watch the competition from inside the studio, but if someone from your group can sing it looks fun enough to compete in if you have talent.The big fireworks show is Phantasmic. It has its own dedicated amphitheatre and most of the show cannot be seen from other parts of the park. We did a dining/Phantasmic package where be got lunch at Mama Melrose's and reserved tickets to Phantasmic. I enjoyed it, but keep in mind that "Reserved" does not reserve you a seat, but the right to sit in a preferred viewing section that is first come first serve for Reserved ticket holders. You will still need to show up 45-60 minutes before showtime but they do let you bring snacks and drinks in with you.
Another satisfied customer of Kingdom Planners.

So general consensus for booking would be to just go ahead and book the room now, and wait to add the dining plan (hopefully for free) at a later date? I assume the dining plan price won't change between now and later this year?

So general consensus for booking would be to just go ahead and book the room now, and wait to add the dining plan (hopefully for free) at a later date? I assume the dining plan price won't change between now and later this year?
I just called to ask because I think I will be booking for November. She said any change you make outside of 45 days is free of charge including getting a better price because of a new offer. Anything inside 45 days comes with a charge but if you are saving enough money, it might be worth it

Anyone been there for Halloween? Is this typically a week that they do not offer free dining. Thinking of leaving Oct 30 and coming back on Nov 4. But if the dining is not offered that week, might go the next as Im thinking it might be slow. But then dont want to have a bunch of rides closed for renovations either

For those with daughters the Disney Princess Land is currently being built, so it may make some sense to wait a little longer so you can get the full princess experience if you have some flexibility.

We were at the park in October and it was in full construction and we are already penciling a return trip in a few years to give the girls the new experience.

Anyone been there for Halloween? Is this typically a week that they do not offer free dining. Thinking of leaving Oct 30 and coming back on Nov 4. But if the dining is not offered that week, might go the next as Im thinking it might be slow. But then dont want to have a bunch of rides closed for renovations either
We were at the park in early October. They close the park early for the Not So Scary Halloween and charge an additional fee to do it. We skipped it since twp of our kids were 3 and under.

We were at the park in early October. They close the park early for the Not So Scary Halloween and charge an additional fee to do it. We skipped it since twp of our kids were 3 and under.
Yes, thanks. I am actually planning on going so we could be there for that Halloween thing. Best bang for the buck since you can get the whole park done in a night. Figure Epcot or Animal Kingdom in the morning, go back for a nap and then hit up Not so scary at night. At least that is the plan.

We are looking at going next fall during off peak times (mostly for $ reasons). I really don't give a crap about pulling my 1st grader out of school for 4 days to go to Disney (school system can suck it up IMO) so going in the fall seems good.Daughters will be 6 and almost 4. Leaving the babies home with Grandmas.
:highfive:considering the same plan... I also have daughters who will be 4 and 6 and I also don't give a crap about the oldest missing a few days of 1st grade. I'm thinking about the week before Thanksgiving when it starts to get a little cold here in Chicago and Florida should still be warm.
We went the week before Thanksgiving this past yr. 80s everyday and didnt rain once. First day we got there was last day of Epcot food and wine festival which was awesome

We went the week before Thanksgiving this past yr. 80s everyday and didnt rain once. First day we got there was last day of Epcot food and wine festival which was awesome
Excellent - thanks. For some reason, airfares to Fla from Chicago are much better in the fall than in the spring. So this also helps.

There is a Cinderella dinner 1900 Park Fare

It was actually pretty good if you get froze out of the castle. The step mother and step sisters are there and so is Prince Charming. He asked my daughter to dance. Its stupid things like this that keep us coming back. And they must have some camera recognition because my daughter seems to always be involved in something

In terms of character dining I would rate it (food pretty much the same buffet style)

Cinderellas Castle > Tusker House > Chef Mickeys > Park Fare > Crystal Palace > Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (even though ALL the princesses are there)
The food here was awful imo. You're going for booze and princesses, basically.

'Worm said:

Questions:

On my trip this fall, I used Small World Vacations, and they were great. Our agent did a nice job of setting up my trip (Which was a bit funky since I needed two rooms, and wanted to guarantee that they were connected because I had three kids spread between the rooms.) And the key to using an agent is the fact that they are able to modify your trip when "sales" come along (like the Free Dining Plans) without you having to do anything. They get a heads up a couple of days in advance and are able to figure out which of their clients trips fit the change and when the "sale" opens up, they make all of their changes at once, first thing. I think over the course of the 8 months that my reservation was sitting waiting to be utilized, my agent made 3 or 4 changes resulting in several hundred dollars in savings. I don't know about you, but even if I knew ahead of time, there would be something that came up that would prevent me from making my call so I would potentially miss out on savings. The most important part is the fact that it doesn't cost you anything. The travel agent gets $$$ from the travel program, whether it is an airline, hotel or Disney.

If you want the info of my contact at Small World, send me a PM.

I have used the Value Resorts several times. Mostly I have stayed at Pop Century. The rooms are fine, plain old ordinary hotel rooms. The landscaping and dress-up of the buildings and things around them is kinda cool. The pools are great for younger kids, and they even have a small area where there is a series of fountains that splash up from the ground and the little kids run around in it and have a blast. Remember that you will not spend all that much time there, and most of the time you are there will be sleeping.

TIAs.

6 nights... 2 kids... what can I expect to pay for all the 'extras'? Gratuity, extra shows, mickey t-shirts, whatever (I really have no idea). Assume we'd do an average amount of stuff.

I know this is a hard question to answer.

Would budgeting ~$1,000 be enough to do plenty of stuff and not skimp?

6 nights... 2 kids... what can I expect to pay for all the 'extras'? Gratuity, extra shows, mickey t-shirts, whatever (I really have no idea). Assume we'd do an average amount of stuff.I know this is a hard question to answer. Would budgeting ~$1,000 be enough to do plenty of stuff and not skimp?
We did meal plan. Only extra money was tips, souvenirs, drinks. Not really any extra shows to pay for. $1k is more then enough - depending on what you spend on booze.

'Premier said:
Heres a list of places with prices.http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm

6 nights... 2 kids... what can I expect to pay for all the 'extras'? Gratuity, extra shows, mickey t-shirts, whatever (I really have no idea). Assume we'd do an average amount of stuff.I know this is a hard question to answer. Would budgeting ~$1,000 be enough to do plenty of stuff and not skimp?
There are no extra shows. Everything is in the cost of tickets. My advice for a 6 night trip is to spend the extra cash on park hopper tickets. It will be more, but you have so much more flexibility. If you get the meal plan for free, you only need money for tips. Average t shirt is probably 25-30 bucks. Sweatshirts 50-75. Figures 5-15. Not too much mark up from regular Disney store in the mall prices. Just don't buy the $15 balloons early in the day unless you want to buy a 2nd round.

Sitting in my Old Key West Room with the run tommorrow. Holy #### there are a lot of people running. This is going to be fun because we will be running through the parks with characters cheering us on etc. Problem is it needs to be done before park opens, so I need to be up a 3 am. Moved up to the same corral as my wife. Lunch at Le Celler in Epcot, nap and then the Saints game.

Sitting in my Old Key West Room with the run tommorrow. Holy #### there are a lot of people running. This is going to be fun because we will be running through the parks with characters cheering us on etc. Problem is it needs to be done before park opens, so I need to be up a 3 am. Moved up to the same corral as my wife. Lunch at Le Celler in Epcot, nap and then the Saints game.
Ummm Saints? LSU?Ha nah I want to do one of those runs someday but about 40 pounds from now. How do you like Old Key West?

Which resorts are good for monorail access to the parks? Is there a monorail that goes between all (major) parks?

I'll have a 3 year old and an almost 2 year old. I'm going to need to weigh the savings from booking a value resort with the ease of access (for strollers and naps) of a monorail resort.

'Dragons said:
Which resorts are good for monorail access to the parks? Is there a monorail that goes between all (major) parks?I'll have a 3 year old and an almost 2 year old. I'm going to need to weigh the savings from booking a value resort with the ease of access (for strollers and naps) of a monorail resort.
The contemporary, grand Floridian and Polynesian all have monorail access. You are looking at a really big difference in price vs value (double the room price for the most part)

'Dragons said:
Which resorts are good for monorail access to the parks? Is there a monorail that goes between all (major) parks?I'll have a 3 year old and an almost 2 year old. I'm going to need to weigh the savings from booking a value resort with the ease of access (for strollers and naps) of a monorail resort.
The contemporary, grand Floridian and Polynesian all have monorail access. You are looking at a really big difference in price vs value (double the room price for the most part)
Thanks, I checked rates for Polynesia and Contemporary and you're right, although it's more like 3-4 times the room price. :eek:The Wilderness Lodge is on the low end of that. Not sure if the convenience will be worth it. How bad is the bus with 2 kids and a stroller? :unsure:

'Dragons said:
Thanks, I checked rates for Polynesia and Contemporary and you're right, although it's more like 3-4 times the room price. :eek:The Wilderness Lodge is on the low end of that. Not sure if the convenience will be worth it. How bad is the bus with 2 kids and a stroller? :unsure:
Did it all week when I was there. Stayed at Beach Club so we took the bus to MK a few times and Downtown Disney once. Not really a big deal. Bus runs so frequently its never really packed. And the ride is never too long

'ragincajun said:
'ATC1 said:
Ummm Saints? LSU?Ha nah I want to do one of those runs someday but about 40 pounds from now. How do you like Old Key West?
The most space of any of the resorts. The buss route takes 15 minutes to make a round trip, but we always request to stay at the hospitallity rooms. Pool not as nice as Sarotoga, but the room is bigger and requires less points. It's a boat ride to DTD. Wasn't able to hit my pace comfortably until mile 6 because of the sheer number of people, but it was a Disney like run. 13.1 miles - 2:14:16 Some people actually get up and run a full marathon after running the half the day before. Just crazy.

'Dragons said:
yeah, we have never stayed in a deluxe resort because the price was so drastically difference it didnt make economic sense to me. However, the last time we were there, my wife made a comment about staying in one on the monorail so since I want to surprise her and the kids for her birthday, Im thinking of springing for it.Every time we have gone and stayed in value, the bus ride was great. You have to fold your stroller up so be aware of that but enough space and buses run so often (especially in values).We stayed at Caribbean Beach once and I hated it.

Users who are viewing this thread