What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Assani's Poker Thread (2 Viewers)

Dusty Rhodes said:
MrPhoenix said:
MrPhoenix said:
Man, we have to brainstorm new shtick for you. I'm gonna miss "icy pots". I thought of maybe incorporating your last name and calling you the "Pot Fisher", but that sounds lame.
Possible shtick:Genertic: "The Pot Fisher has caught another fish/pot!"When you're running hot: "The pots are biting today!"After someone steals a pot: "QUIT NIBBLING ON MY BLINDS"I'm trying here....
Stop please.TIA
I don't see you coming up with any ideas, American Dream.
I agree, but contributing nothing, is better than those. :mellow:

Dusty Rhodes said:
MrPhoenix said:
MrPhoenix said:
Man, we have to brainstorm new shtick for you. I'm gonna miss "icy pots". I thought of maybe incorporating your last name and calling you the "Pot Fisher", but that sounds lame.
Possible shtick:Genertic: "The Pot Fisher has caught another fish/pot!"When you're running hot: "The pots are biting today!"After someone steals a pot: "QUIT NIBBLING ON MY BLINDS"I'm trying here....
Stop please.TIA
I agree, but contributing nothing, is better than those. :lmao:
:lmao:

Dusty Rhodes said:
MrPhoenix said:
MrPhoenix said:
Stop please.TIA
I agree, but contributing nothing, is better than those. :mellow:
:unsure:
I hate you both.

From the tournament updates page:

More Big NamesChris "Jesus" Ferguson, Mark Seif, Layne Flack, Steve Billirakis, Sorel Mizzi, Roy Winston, Robert Mizrachi, Shane "shaniac" Schleger, Chad "lilholdem954" Batista, Jimmy Fricke, Alex Kravchenko, Michael Tomeny, Doug Lee, David Benyamine, Allen Cunningham and Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier are all here, making this one of the toughest fields in WSOP Circuit history.

Gavin Smith On Ropes EarlyAfter somehow managing to work his starting stack of 10,000 down to 250, Gavin Smith opened the pot by moving all in with QJc . Action was folded back around to the small blind who called the additional 200 with 7s7h. The big blind mucked as the seat remains unoccupied. The board came Qd4d9c 2d 5d giving Gavin top pair, extending his tournament life for at least a little while longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest update:

Newcomer Assani Fisher is wowing the crowd with his intricate moves and striking good looks. He now sits atop the leader board with a massive 120k stack.
After doubling up on a 66366 board when his opponent bluffed allin on the river w/54o and he called him down w/72o. He stated, "I put him on a straight draw after the flop. My reads are icy."

By the NumbersThe preliminary numbers are in and it looks as though this year's field is two players smaller than last year's at 334, creating a total prizepool of $1,670,000. We'll have the prizepool and payouts section updated momentarily.

Chad 'lilholdem954' Batista
Wasn't he at the final table in Sunday's tourney where Assani won?
:shrug:
5 left, at least $10K now!!!PokerStars Game #17046912457: Tournament #86032071, $100+$9 Hold'em No Limit - Level XXIV (8000/16000) - 2008/04/28 - 01:51:19 (ET)Table '86032071 19' 9-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: JP OSU (577873 in chips)Seat 2: jwvdcw (765892 in chips)Seat 3: gboro780 (571123 in chips)Seat 6: lilholdem954 (236312 in chips)Seat 7: lilsnow (497911 in chips)Seat 9: busto_soon (242889 in chips)

Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:50:19Deuces Never LosesChris Ferguson opens the pot for a raise to 250 as the first one in from late position, and Eli Elezra is is the only player to call from the big blind. The board comes and both players check on every street. Finally, Eli says, "I got it," showing king-high, then Ferguson turns over his pocket deuces to scoop the pot.
Why not bet here when you river the boat?? It's not a huge pot, I know, but why not bet out and get SOMETHING out of it?Edited to add: Meh. it doesnt' copy and paste the cards. Board was A-K-K-4-2

Latest update:

Newcomer Assani Fisher is wowing the crowd with his intricate moves and striking good looks. He now sits atop the leader board with a massive 120k stack.
After doubling up on a 66366 board when his opponent bluffed allin on the river w/54o and he called him down w/72o. He stated, "I put him on a straight draw after the flop. My reads are icy."
:thumbdown:
lol gotta appreciate this :D

Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:50:19Deuces Never LosesChris Ferguson opens the pot for a raise to 250 as the first one in from late position, and Eli Elezra is is the only player to call from the big blind. The board comes and both players check on every street. Finally, Eli says, "I got it," showing king-high, then Ferguson turns over his pocket deuces to scoop the pot.
Why not bet here when you river the boat?? It's not a huge pot, I know, but why not bet out and get SOMETHING out of it?
where does it say someone rivered a boat?

Why not bet here when you river the boat?? It's not a huge pot, I know, but why not bet out and get SOMETHING out of it?Edited to add: Meh. it doesnt' copy and paste the cards. Board was A-K-K-4-2
ah, got it. does seem like an odd check behind, but who are we to argue with jesus.

More Big NamesChris "Jesus" Ferguson
If Assani comes back and tells us he eliminated Jesus, that's going to be bigger than his $45k win. That's a story worth passing down to your grandkids.
I'll take the $45K
By the time Assani is 70 years old, $45k is going to be worth what $5 is today.
With interest? :blackdot:

If Assani comes back and tells us he eliminated Jesus, that's going to be bigger than his $45k win. That's a story worth passing down to your grandkids.
I'll take the $45K
With interest? :blackdot:
$1,157,800.79 at 8%

I'll take the $45K
:blackdot: ...and I would much rather knock out Cunningham than Jesus.

I'll take the $45K
With interest? :lmao:
$45k is what they'll be charging for a down payment on a 2058 Toyota Yaris.

I'll take the $45K
You're doing it wrong.

I'll take the $45K
You're doing it wrong.
OK

I'll take the $45K
Wanna lend me $45K?

I'll take the $45K
With interest? :no:
You're doing it wrong.
:lmao:

I'll take the $45K
With interest? :no:
Wanna lend me $45K?
Do you accept Monopoly money?

Busted out right before the 3rd level ended. Extremely frustrating tournament. Live tournaments just take so much out of me with the roller coaster swings of emotion. I was card dead for most of the tourney. Started at 10K, was at 9975 after one level, 7675 after two levels, and was blinding down during the 3rd level...just no hands whatsoever.

Last hand before break, its folded to the SB who completes. I have 47os and I check my BB.

Flop comes 44T with 2 spades. He bets 400, I raise to 900.

Turn is a 6 non-spade. He checks, I bet 1300, he calls.

River is a 2 non-spade. He checks, I go all in for about 4000, he calls with 46 and wins the pot.

I thought his river check was pretty horrendous since I'm checking any ten or any non-four hand there. But whatever, it happens. Its just so much easier to take when its an online tourney and you can just jump in another one. Getting all your hopes up during a live tourney and then losing takes a toll on me. Oh well, probably playing some online tonight(although my timing completely sucks as I just missed the $1050 and $109rebuys by about 20 minutes). $162 on Stars is at 6:00 and I'll probably play that.

how old are eddie and assani?
Judging from his pictures in his photobucket account, Assani looks like he is in his early 20s, and enjoying the hell out of his life. Isn't eddie a little older?
Aye...turn 33 in June. Apparently the young'un finds it amusing to tease me about my age. *sigh*And Keys...that's just dirty, bro. Just mean :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread