What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Assani's Poker Thread (1 Viewer)

Just getting back now. Kinda drunk, but had a fun night. Sat with Yukon

Brad in a $25/50 NL game. First hand he sits down he straddles for $100, everyone folds to SB, he calls, I call from BB, Yukon Brad raises to $40,000.....lol. He had about $300,000 or so on the table which was way more than anyone else. I think the second most was like $80,000 or so. I had fun, got drunk, and won $3000 in about 2 hours worth of play. Fun night....

have you been entering alot of the actual WS events? Besides that cash you mentioned earlier, how are you doing in them?

have you been entering alot of the actual WS events? Besides that cash you mentioned earlier, how are you doing in them?
I've played in maybe 5 or so of the WSOP events, about 5 of the $1000 Bellagio events, and 3 of them 2nd chance tournaments.I have that one cash in the $2000 WSOP event and the 2 final tables at the 2nd chances. I got really deep in one of the Bellagio ones and had a big stack but lost an all in AK losing to QK right before the money(top 18), which was painful.

So I'm down overall, but I've final tabled my last two, so I'm feeling good right now...headed back to the Rio now for more NL.

I'm still alive heading into Day 2 of the $1500 NLHE event, although I'm pretty short stacked at 12,200 and the big blind will be on me at 1600 when we being tomorrow. However, its my 3rd straight cash(and both of the first 2 were final tables), so I'm feeling good heading into the Main Event, which is the next tournament after this one.

I'm still alive heading into Day 2 of the $1500 NLHE event, although I'm pretty short stacked at 12,200 and the big blind will be on me at 1600 when we being tomorrow. However, its my 3rd straight cash(and both of the first 2 were final tables), so I'm feeling good heading into the Main Event, which is the next tournament after this one.
Any TV events?

Any TV events?
I played in one or two that were televised, but they only really show the final tables of those before the Main Event. I may happen to be in the background of a montage or something like that, but won't have any hands shown or anything like that...hopefully I'll change that in the Main Event though.

Assani Tracker

12,200 chips to start Day 2. Blinds are at 800/1600 with 200 ante.

1st hand of Day 2: I'm in BB. Folded around to cutoff who is chipleader of entire tourney(or #2 and very close to #1). He limps, which is a strange move. Button folds, TJ Cloutier folds out of the SB, I have ATos. What could he possibly limp with? Hes either trapping with a monster or has a hand that wants to see a flop. Its a very strange move for the chipleader to limp in LP when a smallstack is in the BB. I decide to push with ATos. He folds.

2nd hand of Day 2: Folded to MP who has stack of around 13,000. He raises to 3x BB or so. Chipleader re-raises to 15,000 which would pretty much put me all in. Tough decision. MP probably has a weak hand and needed to make a play before the blinds hit him. The raiser would usually have a big hand here, but since its the big stack and since he knows that the MP raiser doesn't have to be strong to raise there, he could easily have a hand like 99 or AJ. I look down at QQ. I take a few minutes and decide to push. MP calls as well. MP shows A3s, chipleader shows 77. Very happy with my read; Not so happy with the results- Flop comes with a 7 and the A3s ends up hitting his flush to boot.

Out in 153rd. Only good thing is that I made an extra $1100 over #154th. Still though...I would've had over 45,000 and been in top 10 in chips if I had won that...really would've put me in a nice spot to play my style of poker.

1st hand of Day 2: I'm in BB. Folded around to cutoff who is chipleader of entire tourney(or #2 and very close to #1). He limps, which is a strange move. Button folds, TJ Cloutier folds out of the SB, I have ATos. What could he possibly limp with? Hes either trapping with a monster or has a hand that wants to see a flop. Its a very strange move for the chipleader to limp in LP when a smallstack is in the BB. I decide to push with ATos. He folds.

2nd hand of Day 2: Folded to MP who has stack of around 13,000. He raises to 3x BB or so. Chipleader re-raises to 15,000 which would pretty much put me all in. Tough decision. MP probably has a weak hand and needed to make a play before the blinds hit him. The raiser would usually have a big hand here, but since its the big stack and since he knows that the MP raiser doesn't have to be strong to raise there, he could easily have a hand like 99 or AJ. I look down at QQ. I take a few minutes and decide to push. MP calls as well. MP shows A3s, chipleader shows 77. Very happy with my read; Not so happy with the results- Flop comes with a 7 and the A3s ends up hitting his flush to boot.

Out in 153rd. Only good thing is that I made an extra $1100 over #154th. Still though...I would've had over 45,000 and been in top 10 in chips if I had won that...really would've put me in a nice spot to play my style of poker.
Sucks to go out like that, at least you play was the right one :shrug:

I look down at QQ. I take a few minutes and decide to push. MP calls as well. MP shows A3s, chipleader shows 77. Very happy with my read; Not so happy with the results- Flop comes with a 7 and the A3s ends up hitting his flush to boot.

sucks.good luck in the ME

I feel for you. Shake off the bad beat, realize your reads are hot right now, and psych up for that ME.

Cashed in three straight tourneys and no back stories?

:thumbssdownn:
The first 2 were 2nd chance events, which suck. They are small $500 MTTs. No pros enter and the play is as bad as usual online tourneys. Theres nothing interesting to really report. I had a bunch of decent hands, stupid players made stupid plays, and for the most part I got lucky that my hands held up.The $1500 WSOP event that I just cashed in was a bit more interesting. Was right around 1500-2000 the entire first two hours. At the 50/100 level, I raised to 300 with QQ. SB re raises to 800. I have him covered barely. Tough decision. I then remember that theres a lot of idiots out there and I push. He calls and shows 66 and I win.

Doubled up again as my AK beat JJ.

Then had AK. Two limpers. 100/200 blinds with 25 ante. I raise to 1150. Horrible player calls me. Flop comes AA2. He pushes. I call. He shows 34. No 5 comes and I'm probably one of the chipleaders at this point with over 12,000. Joe Awada was the other limper and he said afterward that my raise preflop was just enough because he had 22.

The small buy in WSOPs are weird- on one hand there are a ton of great pros playing. But still there are complete donkeys. I ran into one right after the dinner break. I had 15,000. He had 10,000 or so. 200/400 blinds, he raises to 1200. I have KK in BB and re raise to 3000. He pushes for 10,000. I call. He shows A7 and beats me when an ace comes on the turn. Would've been such a huge stack at that point had I won. After that it was just hold on until the money. I was pretty much in "all in or fold" mode after that. Sat with a few well known players in this one: Awada, Hon Le(horribly overaggressive donkey btw), and TJ Cloutier directly on my right.

Made the money and survived until the hands I described above. Afterwards TJ told me I played well, which felt good to hear. My dad actually used to play a lot with him, so we had a nice conversation.(I've actually been able to meet quite a few big big names since my Dad has played with pretty much all of them).

I'm kinda frustrated. I just keep thinking how much of a force I could've been with those chips. Oh well...gonna take a few hours of. Mr. Ham and Strumey are in town, so maybe I'll meet up with them tonight before playing some ring games. And then the big one in a few days. I play on Day 1, and I hope that I've been saving up all of my good luck for that one. I'll keep everyone posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hon Le(horribly overaggressive donkey btw)
Knew it, could tell just watching him on TV.
I mean, I can't even begin to explain how much this guy likes to gamble. I'll sum it up like this: At one point he was probably either the chipleader or top 3 with well over 40,000 in chips, and this wasn't that deep in the tourney. Yet he ended up going out well before I did. Here was the hand he went out on: He has about 12000 in chips, blinds are 300/600 IIRC. EP goes all in for around 1500, Hon calls, other guy calls, big stack comes over the top all in. Hon calls with JQos, big stack shows AA. Aces hold up and hes out.

Also picked up my PokerStars goodie bag today for qualifying for the Main Event through them.

-One duffle bag

-One black baseball jersey

-One tan adjustable hat

-One fitted black/red hat

-One white t-shirt

-One white/red basketball jersey

-Two black/red hockey jerseys(different styles though)

-One teddy bear

-One jacket

-One card protector

-One pack of Team Poker Stars player trading cards

-One baseball

All of which is heavily marked with the Poker Stars logos.

Also picked up my PokerStars goodie bag today for qualifying for the Main Event through them.

-One duffle bag

-One tan adjustable hat

-One white t-shirt

-One teddy bear

-One jacket

-One card protector

-One baseball

PLEASE do not wear the hockey jersey during the tourney.

-One duffle bag

-One tan adjustable hat

-One white t-shirt

-One teddy bear

-One jacket

-One card protector

-One baseball

was just going to ask what of this, if any of it, is going to be worn on day 1

Never read one of you threads before, but I ran into a very similar situation. Main difference being we were all about even in chips and about 3x chip average. Ran into K's and would've lost to the AJh that originally pushed anyway. It's an "oh well," and a shoulder shrug for me in that case though with a $22 buy-in, but 1st place would've had me on a plane to Vegas trying to donate another $10k to the pot ($40k guaranteed with $10k+ 1st place).

-One duffle bag

-One tan adjustable hat

-One white t-shirt

-One teddy bear

-One jacket

-One card protector

-One baseball

was just going to ask what of this, if any of it, is going to be worn on day 1
Probably just the basit white t-shirt.

Thanks for the kind words, Ham....it was fun, and I echo the compliments right back at you.

I ended up winning about $2500 at that table. Yukon Brad showed up later but only stayed for a few hands, a few of which he went all in blindly preflop. Whenever I play $10/25, I usually have the biggest stack on the table, which gives me a controlling type of feel, but that totally changes whenever he sits down.

Most interesting hand of the night:

Brad has just joined the table and is playing his usual uber-aggressive style at these "low stakes" since the money here doesn't mean much to him. There is a multiway pot between him and two others. On the turn the board is 2-3-4-K with 3 spades. Brad bets about $600 and one guy folds. Brad thinks that hes just won the hand(not realizing that theres another guy in the pot), so he pushes his cards forward a bit. The rest of the table informs him that theres another guy at the table. He takes his cards back.

Seeing this, the other guy(This is the same guy who I told earlier that he had to show 2 cards to win the hand if you remember that, Mr. Ham) calls for the floor and asks if Brad's hand should be declared mucked and the pot belong to him as a result. The floor rules that because Brad picked them up before the dealer touched them or before they touched the muck that they were still live.

Brad had been extremely friendly up until this point, but his demeanor changed a bit here. "Did you really want to win the pot like that?" he asked. The guy told him that he didn't care; He was just in it for the money.

"Fine then. You know what?...I'm gonna bust your ###," Brad said to him.

And that very hand, Brad ended up taking his entire stack of around $8000. The guy had 2 pair, Brad had the nut flush. It went all in on the turn.

Yukon Brad is my new hero. And after that he went right back to his friendly attitude.

As for me, I was only in two big pots the entire night. One was a bluff against an overaggressive player. It was a multiway pot and he bet out. Knowing that he didn't have much but that I could drive everyone else out with a bet and a raise, I raised. He called, but he didn't call my turn follow up bet. I showed rags too. This set up a hand nicely a few minutes later when I turned the nuts. He called me down and actually check raise bluffed the river thinking that I was bluffing again probably.

The game broke completely around 3:00, which sucked. Bellagio is so much better for live high stakes games, which is surprising considering that the WSOP is going on.

Not sure what I'm going to play tomorrow....probably cash games at the Bellagio. On the 21st I withdrew $500 from the ATM to play in the 2nd chance tourney- I havn't taken out anything more at all since then, and I have $17,000+ in cash with me here now. So I'm running pretty well to say the least. Feeling very confident. The Main Event is on Friday and I play on Day 1. Tomorrow will probably be very low key, and I'll try to get to bed early to get a good night's rest for the big one.

I am flying in tonight (land about 4:30 pm). I still have to register for the Main Event so not sure what day I am playing yet. Staying at Circus Circus and will just be doing site stuff except for the days I am playing poker.

Would love to catch up with you, TMC, Strummey, BostonFred, Rob Zarzycki, Ham and anyone else from the site there for dinner one of the nights.

Best of luck to everyone in the Main Event.

I have been running very well in online cash games and feel I am playing as good as I ever have. I can't wait until I sit down and play the Main Event.

I bought in for a thousand and had my chips stacked in piles of I thought were $1000, but were $500. Assani asked how I was doing and I said up about two grand. You must think I'm nuts, seeing as I had a total of two thousand on the table.
So, which was it? $1000 or $2000?

I am flying in tonight (land about 4:30 pm). I still have to register for the Main Event so not sure what day I am playing yet. Staying at Circus Circus and will just be doing site stuff except for the days I am playing poker.

Would love to catch up with you, TMC, Strummey, BostonFred, Rob Zarzycki, Ham and anyone else from the site there for dinner one of the nights.

Best of luck to everyone in the Main Event.

I have been running very well in online cash games and feel I am playing as good as I ever have. I can't wait until I sit down and play the Main Event.
PM sent.

I bought in for a thousand and had my chips stacked in piles of I thought were $1000, but were $500. Assani asked how I was doing and I said up about two grand. You must think I'm nuts, seeing as I had a total of two thousand on the table.
So, which was it? $1000 or $2000?
I ended up ahead about seven hundred at that table and four hundred the table before. Felt more comfortable at the $2/$5, but looking back there was money to be made at the $10/$25. Reason I left was I was tired and I'd had a couple drinks and I usually never touch the sauce when I play. I think I played with Assani for about an hour.And Assani, doesn't surprise me in the least that Seat 6 went bust. Guy liked to see a lot of flops and his ego was involved. It was a matter of time. He made a good laydown with his set of nines when there were four spades on the board. He went out of his way, what, two hands later to say I got lucky. Head wasn't in the right place. Funny thing on that hand is that I had the king high flush on the turn. The spade saved him. Had I known he had a set I would have doubled up that hand.

As for the rest of the table... You, in Seat 1, are a stone cold assassin. Very solid table image. I like how you are a very friendly outgoing guy until you sit down at the table. Then it's all business. You watched everything. I would be very reticent to lock horns with you unless I had good reason.

The Asian guy you knew from the Bellagio to my left was a gambler with some sense. I noticed that he came very, very close to calling a $300 bet with an ace on the board and second pair. (he had KJ and there was a jack on the board.) Seemed to me that guy would go to the mat with two pair, so might be willing to call for implied odds even if you're a bit priced out of a draw against him.

Thats Jimmy. I'm not sure if hes a pro or not, but he plays at the Bellagio nearly every night. Definitely isn't a fish, but I'm not very scared to play against him either. Very very harsh on dealers- has berated a dealer nearly every time I've sat with him. He yelled at a dealer for "slowing up the game" about 30 minutes after you left, and got up and left because he was upset about it.

Seat 4 -- I recognized him from a Final table I'd seen on TV at some point. He was pretty solid. I raised to $125 with my pocket nines. He repopped me for about 400 more, so I folded. If he didn't have it, he'd earned the right to the pot from his prior play. I'd raised a couple middle pair to $125. Had I stayed longer, I would have raised a premium hand with that and changed my standard raise or just called middle pairs. I think he knew I had a middle pair, frankly. I didn't have a chance to exploit my betting pattern. Would have liked to have made it $125 with kings.

Friendly guy. Only saw him play one big pot, which he lost his entire stack on, which I'll describe below. Slowplayed the hand too much imo. Also just because someone has been on T.V. doesn't mean anything. I have no clue about his play really since I didn't sit enough with him(only stayed for less than 30 minutes after you left).

Seat 5... Guy with the blue eyes. Tight as a drum. Guy played one pot the whole time and I bet him out after the flop when I caught top pair. I figure the cards weren't coming for that guy, but he was waiting for uber premiums.

Ok, I understand describing a guy based upon his skin color, shirt color, hair color, height, weight, etc....but eye color???? I feel like I gotta make fun of you a bit there, good buddy. ;) Anyway, this was the guy who I took my big pot from when he tried to bluff the river and this was also the guy to bust out seat 4.

His hand vs seat 4: EP raises to 100, seat 4 smooth calls with KK, seat 5 calls out of SB with 35 of clubs. Flop comes 2-3-K with 2 clubs. Seat 4 checks, EP bets $300, seat 4 smooth calls again, seat 5 raises to $900. EP folds, Seat 4 smooth calls again. This is where I think his mistake is. The point of slowplaying is to get your opponent to try to play a big pot with you and/or hope that he also has a premium hand that is worse than yours. He got it here, and should've made his move. Instead he just called again. The turn brought a rag of clubs. Seat 5 pushed all in. Seat 4 called, as he didn't put the guy on clubs. Now I'll admit that it would be tough to think that a club draw would raise out of position like that on the flop. However, Seat 5 needs to think of it from seat 4's perspective: Seat 4, if he didn't have the clubs, would very likely put seat 5 on a club draw with the way the hand was played, and therefore the clubs should scare him. When the clubs didn't scare him, it becomes a very real possibility that he has the clubs. The river didn't pair the board, and seat 4 busted out.

My hand vs seat 5: He limps in seat 5, a few other limpers, I limp with 67 of clubs. Flop comes A-5-8 with 2 spades and 1 club. He bets $125, folded to me, I call. Turn is a 9c(probably the best possible turn for me). He bets $175, I raise to $425, he calls. River is a rag of clubs. He checks, I bet $600, he raises to $1600. I take my time and think. He could possibly have had AQ of clubs or something like that, but I had just shown a bluff and his check raise on the river is awkward....smells like a bluff to me. I call and he mucks.

He was also a huge table coach to several of the other players, which was rather annoying. And he constantly complained about the "luck" in MTTs...I get so sick of bad beat stories and people complaining. He claimed to "always win in cash games but then lose it in the tourneys." Whatever...

Seat 6... Our boy who went bust.

He actually doubled up before he went bust. Not horrible, but easily exploitable with some patience.

Seat 7... The guy with the visor you warned me about. He called a $300 raise with 9s against jacks. Thought that was a loose play. He caught his set on the turn, of course, which he never should have seen for free. I figure the guy must have a decnet bankroll to take a shot with 9s like that. He, like you, was honed in to the table. Definitely a guy who'll make a move at the right time.

The only reason that I warned you about him was because I sat with him in a $25/50 game before with a few other pros and many of them seemed to know him. He played very tight that session, but there was a ton of money on the table then. Last night he was much looser and eventually went bust. Perhaps my advice was off there.

Seat 8... Guy in the blue hat... Gotta say that guy scared the hell out of me. He raised to $100 at one point. I folded K-10 on the button. Had thought about calling. Flop came 10 high and he and Seat 4 checked. I was thinking I proabably would have had that pot. Guy in Seat 4 bet the river after two blanks and got raised. Guy in Seat 8 showed bullets. I didn't see it coming at all. Guy was a stone statue. I made a play against him when I raised to $150 with AQ earlier and he called. Flop camed three low cards and I fired $200. He folded. There's another guy who likes flops, but he also likes control and isn't afraid to press you. I wouldn't want to be in a lot of pots with that guy, because he's certainly going to try to intimidate you with his stack. (And he bought in for about $5,000.) I liked the guy's style. Part of the reason I fired at the pot was because it was a feeler bet, but I also wanted to make sure I didn't play meak against that guy. If I did, he'd just bet and raise me out of every pot.

So many people were coming and going and changing seats after you left that I don't really remember much about this guy.

Seat 9... Seemed like your classic overbetter. Only came in for large raises or made large oversized bets. He's the guy who lost the the set of 9s on the turn after a $300 reraise. He seemed a little lost out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he busted later, too. (How much did you get off that guy? Long haired guy...) Even if that guy picked up some pots, he wasn't getting maximum value and I'd say he was a pretty easy read.

We got down to 4 handed and this guy was in a pot against another player. Flop came 2-4-9, this guy had 44, and the other guy had 99...tough break for him. He left after that.

Overall fun. I like playing a bit over my head. Hopefully soon it'll feel more natural to be at that level.

You did seem a bit nervous, but everyone is when they move up initially. That game was fairly soft for a $10/25 game imo, although I'd expect that around WSOP time. Not that you asked for it, but my advice about two hands that I saw you showed(you didn't show a bunch, so I don't know what to say about everything):

-Raising to $125 with 99 seems a bit high, especially when you're a short stack(bigger raises when the money is very deep are more common and acceptable). I think $75 or $100 would accomplish the same goal(steal blinds or isolate against one player). Also I understand that you want to foster a "friendly game" atmosphere and that you didn't care much about your table image since you were leaving soon anyway, but theres really no benefit of showing them your hand as you fold there...just gives them information.

-EP raised to $125 or $100(I forget) one hand and you called out of the BB with Q6s. He had AJ. You both checked it down. You showed your hand, then he showed his. He won as the cards missed you both. I think the preflop call was very marginal, especially considering you're a short stack. Obviously I'm being results oriented here, but that pot was yours for the taking on any street also. One last minor thing: He raised preflop, so he'll usually show his hand first...since you knew you were beat, don't show your hand. As much as possible, never show your hands unless you have to. Safeguard all possible information that your opponents may gather about you.

Again, I know that you didn't ask for my advice, so simply disregard it if you're not interested. Those two hands simply stuck out to me as hands that you might consider other options on.

Just take your time with every decision. No reason to rush things when playing live. And people understand...nobody will ever complain if you're taking 5-10 seconds before every time you put money in the pot- thats perfectly acceptable. And until you're totally confident in your game, you need to take advantage of that time and think every decision out.

Good luck today and the rest of the series. Stop by the show if you're at the Rio.

Thanks man. Will probably be at the Bellagio today, but tomorrow when I'm playing the Main Event, I'll gladly stop by. Where are you guys located?

Haven't checked this since yesterday morning.  I definitely appreciate the advice and was definitely nervous moving up.  Agree with everything you said.  Our booth is in the back of the hall, to the right of the stage.  Getting some good, solid momentum. 

Met Dodds yesterday...  Another super nice guy. 

Stop by if you're around.  Will be here more than I'm not until Monday.
Didn't have any time to stop by the booth, although I did make a quick look around but couldn't find you. I met Dodds as well today...really nice guy, ate with him on my dinner break. Also briefly ran into BostonFred, but I was playing the tourney so I didn't have a ton of time with him. I'm at 22,450 after Day 1, and I'm very pleased with that. At one point I only had about 4900 chips left at the 150/300 blinds. MP LAG raised to 800, I re raised out of BB with AQ to 2300(I picked this amount because it would give me a chance to win the pot then AND a chance to have enough to win it with a bet on the flop). He called. The flop was horrible for me: K-6-7 rainbow. I went all in, and he called...I thought my tournament was over until he turned over AJ. My AQ held up.

Worked my way back up and had a big score near the end when the flop came K-K-A and I got AJ to pay off 3 pretty big bets(1500, 2500, and then 5000) to my QK. It was 200/400 blinds with a 50 ante. MP raises to 1200, LP calls, I call from BB. I bet 1500 on the flop of A-K-K, and they both called. Only the LP called my next two bets.

Really not a whole lot of action to report. My table seemed very passive with a lot of limpers before dinner break, so I limped a lot which I love being able to do since I feel like I'm a favorite playing postflop over these guys. Had 12,000 at dinner break. But things went downhill from there...just couldn't catch a hand, and literally every single one of my moves seemed to backfire. Got down to under 5000 before the AQ hand happened.

One funny thing is that they aren't allowing any clothing that has .com on it regarding poker sites. And since most of the required gear that players must wear has .com on it, everyone has black tape over parts of their shirts/hats.

Most probably gonna take the next few days off or so as I unwind. We started at noon today and finished well after 3 AM, so I'm exhausted.

:thumbup: :boxing: :popcorn:

Congrats Assani on fighting through Day 1....

Enjoy your time off...
Thanks man...I'm really glad that I got Day 1A because the time off is so needed. I next play on Day 2A, so I'll get another day off if I can make it one more day. From what I've heard, if you make it past Day 2 you should be in the money, but don't quote me on that.

:thumbup:   :boxing:   :popcorn:

Congrats Assani on fighting through Day 1....

Enjoy your time off...
Thanks man...I'm really glad that I got Day 1A because the time off is so needed. I next play on Day 2A, so I'll get another day off if I can make it one more day. From what I've heard, if you make it past Day 2 you should be in the money, but don't quote me on that.
:thumbup: Getting through the first day is a big hurdle.. Well done

Keep it up AF :moneybag:

Any word on what the average stack size is after the first day? I should be able to figure this out.

Start 2,500 players start with 10k

widdles down to 800

Looks like average stack should be $31.25k

I acutally forgot to post one of my biggest hands.

I had doubled up with that AQ vs AJ hand and then I didn't get a hand for a while and got down to around 7000 chips. I got TT UTG and limped for 200. MP LAG raised to 800, I call. Flop comes 2-9-J with 2 spades, I check, he bets 1500, I call. Turn is a J non-spade. I check, he checks. River is a 9 non-spade. I check, he bets 3000. If I called this it would put me down to under 2000 chips. But I was getting over 2.5-1 on the call.

I ruled out the possibility of him having a Jack since he didn't bet on the turn to protect against the flush draw. But he probably did the same for me, especially when I check the river. He could have a hand like QQ, KK, or AA and now be value betting. But I felt like the bet was a bit steep for him. I felt like he would've bet 2000-2500 if he wanted me to call. I decided to call and he showed 88. I took down a nice pot and was up around 13,000. Thats when my QK hand happened against AJ, which got me up to over 26,000. Then I didn't do much for the rest of the night and ended up at 22,450.

BTW, BostonFred left me a message on his dinner break, and hes at 8000. Havn't heard from Dodds.

great job.

just making it out of the first day is really an accomplishment. numerous pros are out, including hellmuth and gavin smith.

i can't imagine what it must have been like to sit there for 15 hours ... what was that aspect of it actually like?

great job.

just making it out of the first day is really an accomplishment. numerous pros are out, including hellmuth and gavin smith.

i can't imagine what it must have been like to sit there for 15 hours ... what was that aspect of it actually like?
I played in the ME last year and went out at the end of day one after 14 hours and let me tell you, it is brutal. My brain was competely fried and my body was just exhausted. The weird part is that even though you are so tired, you can't fall asleep. I just kept replaying hands in my head.I decided to just play the side games this year as I just don't have the stamina for multiple 14+ hour days. Unless you get super lucky, like you have to multiple times in a field this large, the side games are more profitable anyway. getting it all in with AA vs. KK preflop and then having a K hit on the river to knock you out after 14 hours just sucks. You can be playing the best poker of your life, but in a field this large, you have to win nearly every race to make it.

people ask me how tiring could it be just sitting there playing cards, but man you have no idea how grueling it actually is until you do it yourself.

8 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)7 Members: JEB, valence, sinatravolta, Parmcat, Assani Fisher, JAA, Raskell5 :popcorn: :thumbup: Go Assani!

Users who are viewing this thread