What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Assani's Poker Thread (2 Viewers)

bostonfred said:
Yes, Assani and I are both playing today. I will try to call in updates to a footballguy or two at breaks. If anyone on the west coast wants to be in that rotation please PM your #.
See the quote above from the pinned thread about the ME.The Day1/Day2 people have already had time off. The Day 3/Day4 people have today off, and play tomorrow. Then they ALL have Thursday off...and then everyone is into a single group on Friday.Better details are available in the other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm out. Had 19,000 in chips. 400/800 blinds with a 100 ante.

I'm in MP. Guy right before me raises to 3200 preflop. I re raise to 10,000 with AKos. He pushes. I call. He shows pocket tens, which hold up.

Assani-

I am sorry to hear you are out....

Congrats on making it as far as your did...and I look forward to seeing updates of you slaying the other donkeys at the cash games...

Nice job Assani.

Don't like his call there, but what can you do.

You staying in Vegas for a while?.. I'm arriving Friday Morning and staying through Monday, was hoping to catch you or BF playing in the ME, but oh well.

Thanks for the updates, it was a lot of fun to follow along.

No fun calling off all your chips with the worst hand pre-flop when the other guy has you covered and then watching his hand hold up.

Sorry for your loss. Better luck next year.

So because I'm really really stupid, I'm probably not going to get much sleep again tonight. My buddy and I met two girls and its their last night in town tonight, so we're going out with them instead of getting to sleep early. Pics might be provided later.
So did you come over the top?
ended up leaving "early" by myself at 3 because I wanted to get to bed....and now I have plenty of time to meet girls since I'm out :cry:

So I'm out. Had 19,000 in chips. 400/800 blinds with a 100 ante.I'm in MP. Guy right before me raises to 3200 preflop. I re raise to 10,000 with AKos. He pushes. I call. He shows pocket tens, which hold up.
,S. Are you going back to the innernet, or will you now persue more live play?

assani, i tried to say hello to icypots the other day, about a week ago, think it was a 10/20 game, but you ignored me:sadbanana:
:confused: online or live? If live, then I can't imagine why I would've done that. If online, then I'm often not looking at the chat when playing, so sorry.

All-in after a 10k raise with 10s? Yeesh.
Yeah, people at my table were way over-playing pocket pairs. There was an all in between two guys preflop...the hand: 55 vs 66. This tournament was by far the softest of all of the WSOP events that I played in(not including the 2nd chances or any other "side" tournament).

Nice job Assani.Don't like his call there, but what can you do.You staying in Vegas for a while?.. I'm arriving Friday Morning and staying through Monday, was hoping to catch you or BF playing in the ME, but oh well.Thanks for the updates, it was a lot of fun to follow along.
yeah I'll be here until the 13th. Probably going to be playing in the daily Bellagio tournaments most days. They have a $10K buy in event coming up there soon too, but I'm not sure if I can afford that at this point.

So I'm out. Had 19,000 in chips. 400/800 blinds with a 100 ante.I'm in MP. Guy right before me raises to 3200 preflop. I re raise to 10,000 with AKos. He pushes. I call. He shows pocket tens, which hold up.
,S. Are you going back to the innernet, or will you now persue more live play?
Still internet mostly since I'm a good 2+ hours away from A.C. from where I live. But I will be at the Borgata in September for their WPT Events, so I'll get some live play in then.

Nice job Assani.Don't like his call there, but what can you do.You staying in Vegas for a while?.. I'm arriving Friday Morning and staying through Monday, was hoping to catch you or BF playing in the ME, but oh well.Thanks for the updates, it was a lot of fun to follow along.
yeah I'll be here until the 13th. Probably going to be playing in the daily Bellagio tournaments most days. They have a $10K buy in event coming up there soon too, but I'm not sure if I can afford that at this point.
Thanks for responding. If I run into you, I'll be sure to say hello.

Thanks for responding. If I run into you, I'll be sure to say hello.
Sounds good man. You gonna be at the Rio?

Congrats on a great run Assani, although I'm sure it's small consolation. If you don't mind me asking, do you know approximately what your net gain/loss has been during this visit to Vegas?

Have had numerous great conversations in this thread, but heres a general table of contents.Page Topic1-33 First poker quest($100K in 100 Days)34-41 WSOP ME Qualifier Win43-51 $70,000 Tournament Score 56-59 Preliminary 2006 WSOP Events59-63 2006 WSOP Main EventNote: This only applies if you have your settings at 50 posts per page. Otherwise adjust accordingly.
I updated the first post to make it easier to navigate the thread.

Congrats on a great run Assani, although I'm sure it's small consolation. If you don't mind me asking, do you know approximately what your net gain/loss has been during this visit to Vegas?
I would say that I'm down probably around $3000-5000 in poker and another $5000 or so spent on random partying and crap.Much like how I was after playing in the World Poker Tour, I'm extremely motivated right now...something about sitting and playing with the best makes me determined to get to that level. If you remember, thats when I started my first quest and started out playing great poker and winning a ton. I think that I'm going to 4-6 table $10/20 NLHE when I get back to NY. The goal is to get my poker bankroll over $100,000. Then I will move up to $25/50. Its going to be tempting to not move up sooner because I crave action. However my friend Robert(also a poker pro) is lecturing me to be better about bankroll management. I might consider doing another "quest" or at least posting key hands and a log of my results here.

I would say that I'm down probably around $3000-5000 in poker and another $5000 or so spent on random partying and crap.Much like how I was after playing in the World Poker Tour, I'm extremely motivated right now...something about sitting and playing with the best makes me determined to get to that level. If you remember, thats when I started my first quest and started out playing great poker and winning a ton. I think that I'm going to 4-6 table $10/20 NLHE when I get back to NY. The goal is to get my poker bankroll over $100,000. Then I will move up to $25/50. Its going to be tempting to not move up sooner because I crave action. However my friend Robert(also a poker pro) is lecturing me to be better about bankroll management. I might consider doing another "quest" or at least posting key hands and a log of my results here.
:thumbup: :popcorn:

So because I'm really really stupid, I'm probably not going to get much sleep again tonight. My buddy and I met two girls and its their last night in town tonight, so we're going out with them instead of getting to sleep early. Pics might be provided later.
So did you come over the top?
ended up leaving "early" by myself at 3 because I wanted to get to bed....and now I have plenty of time to meet girls since I'm out :cry:
If you'd gone out I bet you would probably still be in this thing.

Playing $10/20 on Party now...I love the gutshots.

***** Hand History for Game 4858265651 *****

$2000 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, August 01, 21:30:04 ET 2006

Table Monster #1277306 (No DP) (Real Money)

Seat 6 is the button

Total number of players : 10

Seat 1: p9976k ( $2226 )

Seat 2: DorsVenabili ( $1035.50 )

Seat 3: GETPUNKED83 ( $2359.50 )

Seat 4: FlyBass ( $1480.76 )

Seat 5: budica111 ( $3862.50 )

Seat 9: GodsPetMunky ( $2000 )

Seat 10: Top_Duck ( $4129.01 )

Seat 8: IcyPots ( $1977.50 )

Seat 6: socrstud013 ( $1926.50 )

Seat 7: oKharmaHo ( $1960 )

oKharmaHo posts small blind [$10].

IcyPots posts big blind [$20].

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to IcyPots [ 8h 5d ]

GodsPetMunky folds.

Top_Duck folds.

DorsVenabili folds.

GETPUNKED83 folds.

FlyBass calls [$20].

>You have options at Monster #1278253 (No DP) Table!.

budica111 raises [$40].

socrstud013 folds.

oKharmaHo calls [$30].

IcyPots calls [$20].

FlyBass calls [$20].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, Jc, 9c ]

oKharmaHo checks.

IcyPots checks.

FlyBass bets [$20].

budica111 calls [$20].

oKharmaHo calls [$20].

IcyPots calls [$20].

** Dealing Turn ** [ 7d ]

oKharmaHo checks.

IcyPots checks.

FlyBass bets [$20].

budica111 calls [$20].

oKharmaHo calls [$20].

IcyPots raises [$180].

>You have options at Born Again Table!.

FlyBass is all-In [$1400.76]

budica111 folds.

oKharmaHo folds.

IcyPots calls [$1240.76].

** Dealing River ** [ 9s ]

IcyPots shows [ 8h, 5d ] a straight, five to nine.

FlyBass doesn't show [ As, Jh ] two pairs, jacks and nines.

The time at which hand ended:Aug 02 2006 00:33 ET

IcyPots wins $3118.02 from the main pot with a straight, five to nine.

Nice hit assani. Sucks about the tourney... but #### it... it's a week at the tables for ya. No worries. Live it up out there

Keep us posted and best of luck. It's fun to live vicariously through you! (Need more pics though)

YOUR NEW MISSION, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, IS AS FOLLOWS:

GET A PIC OF JENNIFER TILLY HOLDING A SIGN THAT SAYS "ICY POTS, #####ES!"

YOU HAVE 72 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS MISSION.

Playing $10/20 on Party now...I love the gutshots.***** Hand History for Game 4858265651 *****$2000 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, August 01, 21:30:04 ET 2006Table Monster #1277306 (No DP) (Real Money)Seat 6 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10 Seat 1: p9976k ( $2226 )Seat 2: DorsVenabili ( $1035.50 )Seat 3: GETPUNKED83 ( $2359.50 )Seat 4: FlyBass ( $1480.76 )Seat 5: budica111 ( $3862.50 )Seat 9: GodsPetMunky ( $2000 )Seat 10: Top_Duck ( $4129.01 )Seat 8: IcyPots ( $1977.50 )Seat 6: socrstud013 ( $1926.50 )Seat 7: oKharmaHo ( $1960 )oKharmaHo posts small blind [$10].IcyPots posts big blind [$20].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to IcyPots [ 8h 5d ]GodsPetMunky folds.Top_Duck folds.DorsVenabili folds.GETPUNKED83 folds.FlyBass calls [$20].>You have options at Monster #1278253 (No DP) Table!.budica111 raises [$40].socrstud013 folds.oKharmaHo calls [$30].IcyPots calls [$20].FlyBass calls [$20].** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, Jc, 9c ]oKharmaHo checks.IcyPots checks.FlyBass bets [$20].budica111 calls [$20].oKharmaHo calls [$20].IcyPots calls [$20].** Dealing Turn ** [ 7d ]oKharmaHo checks.IcyPots checks.FlyBass bets [$20].budica111 calls [$20].oKharmaHo calls [$20].IcyPots raises [$180].>You have options at Born Again Table!.FlyBass is all-In [$1400.76]budica111 folds.oKharmaHo folds.IcyPots calls [$1240.76].** Dealing River ** [ 9s ]IcyPots shows [ 8h, 5d ] a straight, five to nine.FlyBass doesn't show [ As, Jh ] two pairs, jacks and nines.The time at which hand ended:Aug 02 2006 00:33 ETIcyPots wins $3118.02 from the main pot with a straight, five to nine.
Completely honest question here--do you always play 85o from the big blind against a raise?

i ####### hate pocket 10's(especially when i have them) & i blame larry boy.

Playing $10/20 on Party now...I love the gutshots.***** Hand History for Game 4858265651 *****$2000 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, August 01, 21:30:04 ET 2006Table Monster #1277306 (No DP) (Real Money)Seat 6 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10 Seat 1: p9976k ( $2226 )Seat 2: DorsVenabili ( $1035.50 )Seat 3: GETPUNKED83 ( $2359.50 )Seat 4: FlyBass ( $1480.76 )Seat 5: budica111 ( $3862.50 )Seat 9: GodsPetMunky ( $2000 )Seat 10: Top_Duck ( $4129.01 )Seat 8: IcyPots ( $1977.50 )Seat 6: socrstud013 ( $1926.50 )Seat 7: oKharmaHo ( $1960 )oKharmaHo posts small blind [$10].IcyPots posts big blind [$20].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to IcyPots [ 8h 5d ]GodsPetMunky folds.Top_Duck folds.DorsVenabili folds.GETPUNKED83 folds.FlyBass calls [$20].>You have options at Monster #1278253 (No DP) Table!.budica111 raises [$40].socrstud013 folds.oKharmaHo calls [$30].IcyPots calls [$20].FlyBass calls [$20].** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, Jc, 9c ]oKharmaHo checks.IcyPots checks.FlyBass bets [$20].budica111 calls [$20].oKharmaHo calls [$20].IcyPots calls [$20].** Dealing Turn ** [ 7d ]oKharmaHo checks.IcyPots checks.FlyBass bets [$20].budica111 calls [$20].oKharmaHo calls [$20].IcyPots raises [$180].>You have options at Born Again Table!.FlyBass is all-In [$1400.76]budica111 folds.oKharmaHo folds.IcyPots calls [$1240.76].** Dealing River ** [ 9s ]IcyPots shows [ 8h, 5d ] a straight, five to nine.FlyBass doesn't show [ As, Jh ] two pairs, jacks and nines.The time at which hand ended:Aug 02 2006 00:33 ETIcyPots wins $3118.02 from the main pot with a straight, five to nine.
Completely honest question here--do you always play 85o from the big blind against a raise?
I would call that min. raise with any two cards since I was being offered 6-1 pot odds(and most likely 7-1 pot odds since the limper would call 99.99% of the time as well). Thats not to even mention the implied odds that come with everyone having decent stacks.

Users who are viewing this thread