What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Oh, and :

This is your official Ten Club email notifying you that you have been randomly selected for Reserve Seats under the pavilion for Saturday, September 3rd. This means you will have General Admission Lawn tickets for Sunday, September 4th, so please dress accordingly accordingly.
So decent FBG lawn gathering on Sunday I assume :popcorn:
Me too on Saturday reserved/Sunday GA. Is that what everyone got or what?
What about your buddy?

Oh, and haven't listened to the uke album but when I do, I suppose I will like it more than most...I'm in Hawaii, it'll feel right. Not sure what you guys were expecting with a uke... From the get-go I'd expect to throw it on at barbecues or some ####, not the airplane. Not really "alone" music, you know?
I was expecting a little more variety. I'm only on my second time through, but other than a couple of songs, I can barely tell when one stops and another begins. They all sounds the same. :shrug:

Oh, and haven't listened to the uke album but when I do, I suppose I will like it more than most...I'm in Hawaii, it'll feel right. Not sure what you guys were expecting with a uke... From the get-go I'd expect to throw it on at barbecues or some ####, not the airplane. Not really "alone" music, you know?
I was expecting a little more variety. I'm only on my second time through, but other than a couple of songs, I can barely tell when one stops and another begins. They all sounds the same. :shrug:
I have one run through the uke album and I'm watching Water on the Road as I'm typing this. I liked most everything on Into the Wild more than anything on Ukulele Songs. I love Ed and have tics to see him in July, but let's just say I'm looking forward to my 2 days at Alpine Valley.

Yeah I'm not even going to bother reading the last however many pages I missed.

Watching Water on the Road again... just loud enough that the GF has come out of the bedroom to politely ask me to turn it down...

I really really hope everyone who owns this disc has paid appropriate attention to the EXTRAS tab...

JFC.... Brendan Canty playing drums on Watchtower for Ed in DC? Really? As a really really really big Fugazi fan that....well...that was worth the price of admission on this disc.

It also made me want to punch myself in the scrote for missing this show.

As someone who caught 3 shows on this tour (Ryman1, Ryman 2, Orpheum Memphis)..... This disc brings it home just right.

Now... back to my beverage, my plasma, and my surround sound.....GF be damned.... :banned:

Okay all jokes aside.... GF came out. Crankyness gone.

No jokes when I say the best Ed "boot" evah? By three miles?

Arguably my fave dvd now>>

When I walk beside her, I am the better man.

Sorta covers all the bases doesnt it? Not so Sad but kinda sorta true.... cheers to my fellow PJ fans :banned:

Yeah I'm not even going to bother reading the last however many pages I missed.Watching Water on the Road again... just loud enough that the GF has come out of the bedroom to politely ask me to turn it down...I really really hope everyone who owns this disc has paid appropriate attention to the EXTRAS tab...JFC.... Brendan Canty playing drums on Watchtower for Ed in DC? Really? As a really really really big Fugazi fan that....well...that was worth the price of admission on this disc. It also made me want to punch myself in the scrote for missing this show.As someone who caught 3 shows on this tour (Ryman1, Ryman 2, Orpheum Memphis)..... This disc brings it home just right. Now... back to my beverage, my plasma, and my surround sound.....GF be damned.... :banned:
One of the guys from Fugazi directed the entire DVD

Sent 10c a longshot email to try and hook up my group with the same ga/res nights. Told them straight up I know they are going to deny my request and that if we ended up the same we'd chalk it up to random luck. Obviously this was denied by 10c and they said it was copmuter randomized. Just got email and my tix are Sat reserved/Sun lawn. Turns out that's the same as one of the other pairs I'm going with. Eagerly awaiting the third.....
Third got opposite of what most of us got.So anyways I'll be GA Sunday as well.

I also got Saturday reserved, GA Sunday.
See you in Chicago? :confused:
:thumbup: Get in Thursday. Cubs Friday, I think.
you staying in chicago for the shows?
Thursday and Friday. Sat/Sun we're at some hotel near the venue. And a lake, we've got a boat rented I guess, so could see us being late to the show that day. BTW, I've got reserved both days now because I've got a buddy to switch up with.In fact he just mentioned Cubs game Monday as a possibility. Might just stay in Chicago a few more days. Then again, I'll be spent.

I just needed to vent I guess....I've been searching for Vedder tickets at the Beacon now for about a week on craigslist and I'm running into scammers left and right. In the past two days I've run into 2 people forging tickets...well one I know was forging for a fact and the other disappeared once I said I would like to see a receipt prior to buying them. The whole ticket industry sucks. This is the hardest legit ticket I've looked to get off craigslist in quite some time. Vent over.

I just needed to vent I guess....I've been searching for Vedder tickets at the Beacon now for about a week on craigslist and I'm running into scammers left and right. In the past two days I've run into 2 people forging tickets...well one I know was forging for a fact and the other disappeared once I said I would like to see a receipt prior to buying them. The whole ticket industry sucks. This is the hardest legit ticket I've looked to get off craigslist in quite some time. Vent over.
So finally have someone who I think has legit tickets....turns out not. I went to meet him and he's a no show....long email conversation about the tickets and agreeing on price and time to meet...seemed legit....guess not. I honestly can't believe how hard this show is to find a ticket....I mean I can, but wow. Think I might just hang it up, just seems real fishy if not buying through a broker and paying ridiculous prices.

So finally have someone who I think has legit tickets....turns out not. I went to meet him and he's a no show....long email conversation about the tickets and agreeing on price and time to meet...seemed legit....guess not. I honestly can't believe how hard this show is to find a ticket....I mean I can, but wow. Think I might just hang it up, just seems real fishy if not buying through a broker and paying ridiculous prices.
The NYC secondary concert ticket market has become overrun with scammers and con artists. A couple of years ago you could basically get tix day of for almost anything for a reasonable price through Craigslist. Now it's all scammers and people selling counterfeits. I missed out on tix originally, so I am just going to go to the venue day of and see if I can score any outside. I know there were tons of tix for his solo shows in NYC available outside two years ago. Also worth checking the 10C preparty get together or the message board.

Thursday and Friday. Sat/Sun we're at some hotel near the venue. And a lake, we've got a boat rented I guess, so could see us being late to the show that day. BTW, I've got reserved both days now because I've got a buddy to switch up with.In fact he just mentioned Cubs game Monday as a possibility. Might just stay in Chicago a few more days. Then again, I'll be spent.
Sweet. Zilla, Tre and I (and hopefully Tigerfan if he can change his flight) are likely going to Wrigley on Fri as well:thumbup: Epic cornhole in Wrigleyville!

'Tremendous Upside said:
The NYC secondary concert ticket market has become overrun with scammers and con artists. A couple of years ago you could basically get tix day of for almost anything for a reasonable price through Craigslist. Now it's all scammers and people selling counterfeits. I missed out on tix originally, so I am just going to go to the venue day of and see if I can score any outside. I know there were tons of tix for his solo shows in NYC available outside two years ago. Also worth checking the 10C preparty get together or the message board.
Thanks man, that might be a great idea at the pre party get together.

If anyone is interested in a single for the Eddie Vedder stop in Minneapolis on July 2nd, let me know. My group might have an extra.

Sweet. Zilla, Tre and I (and hopefully Tigerfan if he can change his flight) are likely going to Wrigley on Fri as well:thumbup: Epic cornhole in Wrigleyville!
Changed flight to Chicago...in for Cubs/Cornhole

:goodposting: :thumbup: Friday Cubs game will be a blast. Gotta decide whether to stay in Chicago Friday night or not. You guys? Just 2/3 of us going to the Cubs game, everyone else is leaving that day (Friday) to get settled in for the shows. I'm not sure I see myself making the, uh, departure time for that boat on Saturday, if I stay in Chicago Friday night... :unsure:

:goodposting: :thumbup: Friday Cubs game will be a blast. Gotta decide whether to stay in Chicago Friday night or not. You guys? Just 2/3 of us going to the Cubs game, everyone else is leaving that day (Friday) to get settled in for the shows. I'm not sure I see myself making the, uh, departure time for that boat on Saturday, if I stay in Chicago Friday night... :unsure:
We're staying in Chicago Friday night. I had some concerns about getting up and out and traffic en route to Alpine on the Sat of Labor Day weekend, but when I thought about it, I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. The way I figure it is as follows:-We have reserved seats for Sat, so getting into the venue early to secure a good spot isn't as important as it may be for Sunday-All bands will be playing both Sat and Sunday so I don't feel the same urgency to be in there on Sat (although our seats will be better)-The music doesn't start until noon, and there are a LOT of bands I have never heard of/don't care about that will be playing first; I doubt QOTSA or The Strokes will be on before 6 PM-I definitely want to tailgate in the parking lot...sitting in the venue for 12 hours will be VERY expensive booze-wise and kinda tedious IMOMy guess is we'll shoot to leave Chicago by 9 AM or so and ideally get to Alpine sometime shortly before noon or so. Even if it ends up being a couple of hours after that, I think we'll be fine

We're staying in Chicago Friday night. I had some concerns about getting up and out and traffic en route to Alpine on the Sat of Labor Day weekend, but when I thought about it, I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. The way I figure it is as follows:-We have reserved seats for Sat, so getting into the venue early to secure a good spot isn't as important as it may be for Sunday-All bands will be playing both Sat and Sunday so I don't feel the same urgency to be in there on Sat (although our seats will be better)-The music doesn't start until noon, and there are a LOT of bands I have never heard of/don't care about that will be playing first; I doubt QOTSA or The Strokes will be on before 6 PM-I definitely want to tailgate in the parking lot...sitting in the venue for 12 hours will be VERY expensive booze-wise and kinda tedious IMOMy guess is we'll shoot to leave Chicago by 9 AM or so and ideally get to Alpine sometime shortly before noon or so. Even if it ends up being a couple of hours after that, I think we'll be fine
:goodposting:Supposedly it's a "one road in and one road out" type of place, so there will definitely be some traffic. But like you said, all bands are playing both days, so no biggie.

Wish I had realized the Cubs played a day game before we booked our flights. I usually think of that type of stuff too. We could have landed in Chicago at like 8 or 9 am Friday but we decided on the 2:30 flight. Oh well.

Wish I had realized the Cubs played a day game before we booked our flights. I usually think of that type of stuff too. We could have landed in Chicago at like 8 or 9 am Friday but we decided on the 2:30 flight. Oh well.
Can't move it up?
I could but I'd want the other 5 to move also and I don't think that's happening. Got a couple penny pinchers and one guy is getting hitched two weeks later. I'd rather not wrench up the plans at this point.

Hey, who's at what hotel and so forth? :popcorn:
Hampton Inn Burlington.We are going to slay Burlington Friday night.
zOMG!!!11111111111111111111We (me, Tre, Zilla, TU) are at this hotel also!
U guys got the RV?!?!?!
We were gonna get an RV but nixed it. Do have a boat rented for Saturdurday, might have room, although not even sure I'll make that after a night in Chicago.Just looked up where we're staying and stuff and we're about 20 minutes from the Hampton Inn/FBG crew, on Lake Geneva. A buddy is looking into getting this mini-bus deal, which we could drink and smoke on and not worry about anything. Would anybody be interested in that, to and from the show?

U guys got the RV?!?!?!
We were gonna get an RV but nixed it. Do have a boat rented for Saturdurday, might have room, although not even sure I'll make that after a night in Chicago.Just looked up where we're staying and stuff and we're about 20 minutes from the Hampton Inn/FBG crew, on Lake Geneva. A buddy is looking into getting this mini-bus deal, which we could drink and smoke on and not worry about anything. Would anybody be interested in that, to and from the show?
I'm sure that is something we'd entertain considering two of my people have a duey to their name. I guess it would come down to what the times were and the cost.My total posse including myself is 6.

U guys got the RV?!?!?!
I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but I'd at least be interested in hearing the details.

We're staying in Chicago Friday night. I had some concerns about getting up and out and traffic en route to Alpine on the Sat of Labor Day weekend, but when I thought about it, I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. The way I figure it is as follows:
This shouldn't be a problem at all. Friday afternoon/evening rush hour is a completely different story.

We got in at the Alpine Valley Resort. Pretty pumped to not have to deal with shuttles or parking or any of that stuff, as I'm guessing it's going to be a zoo. Hoping Friday night is pretty fun too, as I'm assuming most people will be getting into town that day/night. Is there any sort of "official headquarters" where people are going to be hanging out Friday night?

We're staying in Chicago Friday night. I had some concerns about getting up and out and traffic en route to Alpine on the Sat of Labor Day weekend, but when I thought about it, I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. The way I figure it is as follows:
This shouldn't be a problem at all. Friday afternoon/evening rush hour is a completely different story.
:thumbup:Good to hear

We got in at the Alpine Valley Resort. Pretty pumped to not have to deal with shuttles or parking or any of that stuff, as I'm guessing it's going to be a zoo. Hoping Friday night is pretty fun too, as I'm assuming most people will be getting into town that day/night. Is there any sort of "official headquarters" where people are going to be hanging out Friday night?
Wrigleyville Chicago

OK, need some help with this delicate topic.

wake up this morning and my wife and kids get me tickets and hotel to PJ in Toronto on 9/11. We would be there the 9th, 10th and 11th.

My wife did not buy the tickets or book the hotel because she says if I really wanted to go to alpine alone, that would be OK with her. Do I take the mini family vacation or do Alpine by myself. I have never been to a concert by myself, let alone a whole weekend. Also not sure if she will be disappointed if I pick Alpine. I tried to put it on her already and she said that would not work.I have to choose myself

I can have free plane tickets if I can keep the total price of the ticket below $300 and that would leave me with 2 nights of lawn seats (about $150) and I would need to find a hotel and probably rent a car

Any thoughts :popcorn:

OK, need some help with this delicate topic.wake up this morning and my wife and kids get me tickets and hotel to PJ in Toronto on 9/11. We would be there the 9th, 10th and 11th.My wife did not buy the tickets or book the hotel because she says if I really wanted to go to alpine alone, that would be OK with her. Do I take the mini family vacation or do Alpine by myself. I have never been to a concert by myself, let alone a whole weekend. Also not sure if she will be disappointed if I pick Alpine. I tried to put it on her already and she said that would not work.I have to choose myselfI can have free plane tickets if I can keep the total price of the ticket below $300 and that would leave me with 2 nights of lawn seats (about $150) and I would need to find a hotel and probably rent a carAny thoughts :popcorn:
There will be plenty of FBGs at Alpine, so you can definitely watch the show in the lawn with us. Not sure how to help you out on whether or not she will be disappointed if you pick Alpine though....guess you gotta use your gut there.

OK, need some help with this delicate topic.wake up this morning and my wife and kids get me tickets and hotel to PJ in Toronto on 9/11. We would be there the 9th, 10th and 11th.My wife did not buy the tickets or book the hotel because she says if I really wanted to go to alpine alone, that would be OK with her. Do I take the mini family vacation or do Alpine by myself. I have never been to a concert by myself, let alone a whole weekend. Also not sure if she will be disappointed if I pick Alpine. I tried to put it on her already and she said that would not work.I have to choose myselfI can have free plane tickets if I can keep the total price of the ticket below $300 and that would leave me with 2 nights of lawn seats (about $150) and I would need to find a hotel and probably rent a carAny thoughts :popcorn:
There will be plenty of FBGs at Alpine, so you can definitely watch the show in the lawn with us. Not sure how to help you out on whether or not she will be disappointed if you pick Alpine though....guess you gotta use your gut there.
Pretty much spot on. I've had some moments over the years where I've been given the "OK" to do Vegas/PJ/Phish things but suddenly as it approaches I have to absorb a bunch of spew. But then again that's just me 'n my life.

How epic are you expecting these Alpine shows to beThis is a tougher decision then I thought it would be
Pretty freaking Epic IMO. You have a venue of 37000 people capacity. The 10 club sold 17k tickets during the first day (and had others to sell). That's an "arena" full of only 10 club fans. You have a ton of 10club folks who were shut out as well who had to resort to ticketmaster. Couple that with people coming all over the world, special guests, etc....and on the radio show, the 10 club managers have said that "the band realizes how special this weekend is going to be."Band chose this venue specifically....they said that curfew won't be an issue..etc.Wouldn't want to miss this for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
How epic are you expecting these Alpine shows to beThis is a tougher decision then I thought it would be
Pretty freaking Epic IMO. You have a venue of 37000 people capacity. The 10 club sold 17k tickets during the first day (and had others to sell). That's an "arena" full of only 10 club fans. You have a ton of 10club folks who were shut out as well who had to resort to ticketmaster. Couple that with people coming all over the world, special guests, etc....and on the radio show, the 10 club managers have said that "the band realizes how special this weekend is going to be."Band chose this venue specifically....they said that curfew won't be an issue..etc.Wouldn't want to miss this for anything.
:hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread