Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Pearl Jam Thread***

Alpine will be epic.. Wish I was able to go.. Alas, I will have to settle for a two toronto shows and hamilton ontario.

They did announce that the world premiere of PJ 20 will be at the Toronto Film Festival, tickets go on sale Sept 3 with the film premiering on the 10th.. I hope I can snag a seat!

PJ20 schedule posted! :banned:

Main StagePEARL JAM 9:30 – ? THE STROKES 8:15 – 9:00 QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE 7:00 – 7:45 MUDHONEY 6:00 – 6:45 Stage 1JOHN DOE 4:40 – 5:30 LIAM FINN 3:10 – 3:50 THENEWNO2 2:00 – 2:30 JASON LYTLE 1:00 – 1:30 THE YOUNG EVILS 12:00 – 12:30 Stage 2GLEN HANSARD 3:50 – 4:40 JOSEPH ARTHUR 2:30 – 3:10 DAVID GARZA 1:30 – 2:00 STAR ANNA and the Laughing Dogs 12:30 – 1:00 All times subject to change.

Officially 100% in for PJ mutha####ing 20!

Had to switch my flight, so I'm going to miss the cubs game. I'll arriving at Midway at 9:30, so I'll drop the stuff off at the hotel and meet y'all wherever you are. Got plenty of southwest drink tickets, so I'll be drinking up on the flight.

So pumped!

:banned::headbang:

Who's going to be staying at or around the venue Friday night? Just wondering where the party's going to be. :banned:

I'm flying into Chicago Friday afternoon and then heading to my hotel in Wisconsin. But I'm straight edge so that means I don't know where the parties at. If anyone has any extra seats either night let me know. That lawn looks far away based on video TU posted. Especially with 10 club fencing off a section.

Officially 100% in for PJ mutha####ing 20!Had to switch my flight, so I'm going to miss the cubs game. I'll arriving at Midway at 9:30, so I'll drop the stuff off at the hotel and meet y'all wherever you are. Got plenty of southwest drink tickets, so I'll be drinking up on the flight.So pumped!:banned::headbang:

Congrats! :banned:

I'm probably going to get laughed at here due to the timing, but I might be able to go to the PJ20 festival. Unfortunately, I just found this out and cleared my schedule, and it's obviously way too late for the pre-sale or even ticketmaster. Does anyone have any good leads on getting two tickets to both days? This isn't concrete yet, but I just wanted to see if any of you guys might have any ideas.

I take this back. It looks like there are still tickets available.
There should be lawn seats left. I'll be in the lawn both days if you are flying solo and want to meet up
I definitely would have. I was on the verge of buying the tickets when I got something else put on my calendar that weekend. I'm sadly out now, and I'm pissed. This show is going to be awesome.

I only live 10-15 mins from Alpine Valley. There's a hotel a couple mins from here, I can check for you guys if you need accommodations, or you could camp out in my back yard.

Hell, I'd take just being able to park my van in your driveway and sleep in it for the night. I have to leave early AM and drive down to Chicago.

It sounds like we won't be using one (of the many) rooms I booked. It's the Comfort Suites in Lake Geneva. It looks like I can transfer it to someone online if anyone is interested.

Details:

Comfort Suites (WI128)

300 East Main Street, Lake Geneva, WI, US, 53147

* Phone: (262) 248-2300

* Fax: (262) 248-4300

1 King Bed, Suite, No Smoking

1 Room Suite, Sofabed-2Person, Free High-Speed Internet, Hot Tub - 2 Persons, Microwave and Refrigerator

Sep 3, 2011 for 1 night $199.95

Sep 4, 2011 for 1 night $119.95

* Sub Total * $319.90

* **Estimated Tax * $33.58

* Estimated Total: * $353.48

Let me know if you have any interest...I'll probably cancel by the end of the week if I don't hear anything.

Looks like I will have a Hampton Inn (in Burlington) room up for grabs too. Let me know.

How much is it and do you know how far from the venue it is
IIRC it's $130/night and 10 miles from the venue
Thanks. I'll pass though.

Looks like I will have a Hampton Inn (in Burlington) room up for grabs too. Let me know.

All of you not staying there anymore or you just had too many rooms?
We're staying somewhere else now so we can each have our own bed. Zilla and TU didn't want to spoon :shrug:
Super 8 in Waukesha?

Tried to do a quick list of who is in (I'm sure I could have forgot a few):

Tiger Fan

Tremendous Upside

TRE

JZilla

SLBD (with a bunch of friends)

AcerFC

Bobcat10 (with a bunch of friends)

BullDozier

BeTheMatch

OhYes (80%)

Wrigley (80%)

Thinking through tailgate stuff...since we're all coming from separate directions, assuming it will be next to impossible to coordinate parking in the same area...any ideas on how we can all meet up in the lot to tailgate?

Edited by Tiger Fan

Tried to do a quick list of who is in (I'm sure I could have forgot a few):Tiger FanTremendous UpsideTREJZillaSLBD (with a bunch of friends)AcerFCBobcat10 (with a bunch of friends)BullDozierBeTheMatchOhYes (80%)Wrigley (80%)Thinking through tailgate stuff...since we're all coming from separate directions, assuming it will be next to impossible to coordinate parking in the same area...any ideas on how we can all meet up in the lot to tailgate?

They should invent a telephone that you could carry around with you.

Tried to do a quick list of who is in (I'm sure I could have forgot a few):

Tiger Fan

Tremendous Upside

TRE

JZilla

SLBD (with a bunch of friends)

AcerFC

Bobcat10 (with a bunch of friends)

BullDozier

BeTheMatch

OhYes (80%)

Wrigley (80%)

Thinking through tailgate stuff...since we're all coming from separate directions, assuming it will be next to impossible to coordinate parking in the same area...any ideas on how we can all meet up in the lot to tailgate?

I think they cost like $2000

Here's my update... Might be out on the Cubs game now, had a miscommunication with a buddy about some #### and we are now booked at our hotel at Lake Geneva for Friday. :wall: Sucks. So Thursday might be only Chi-town night.

Good news is I hear Lake Geneva has some decent bars and the rest of our group will be partying there (not far from hotel). TF, looks like your guys new place isn't far...

Leaving Monday at around 10AM for an O"Hare departure which I got for an amazing 110 bucks early yesterday morning. Same flight was like $350 less than 12 hours later. And I hadn't been able to find anything under $230. Out of nowhere it showed up. Weird, never had that happen before. Was using kayak, btw.

Still don't have a ride to shows cuz 4 of us will not commit to those cattle call buses which are leaving way earlier than we want (11AM). Probly just take a cab to shows. And thinking about taking bus back so we aren't stuck in some nightmare cab line and can have beers or whatever. That means paying for both ways which is 35 bones but whatever. At that point, I/we will just want the most convenient exit I'm sure.

As for tailgating, TF, I know the guys I'm with (that are going on the bus) have a keg of Stella and they will be barbecuing so that might be a place to meet-up. Find out where the buses have to park at Alpine, if you want an idea of where to go or park or whatever...

Tried to do a quick list of who is in (I'm sure I could have forgot a few):Tiger FanTremendous UpsideTREJZillaSLBD (with a bunch of friends)AcerFCBobcat10 (with a bunch of friends)BullDozierBeTheMatchOhYes (80%)Wrigley (80%)Thinking through tailgate stuff...since we're all coming from separate directions, assuming it will be next to impossible to coordinate parking in the same area...any ideas on how we can all meet up in the lot to tailgate?

From my experiences with football games and festivals, the phones don't really work that well. Plus...."Hey, we're in row 25 next to the black accord....come find us" might be difficult :shrug:I have a portable flagpole, but not sure if I can get it on the plane or not

Here's my update... Might be out on the Cubs game now, had a miscommunication with a buddy about some #### and we are now booked at our hotel at Lake Geneva for Friday. :wall: Sucks. So Thursday might be only Chi-town night.

Good news is I hear Lake Geneva has some decent bars and the rest of our group will be partying there (not far from hotel). TF, looks like your guys new place isn't far...

Leaving Monday at around 10AM for an O"Hare departure which I got for an amazing 110 bucks early yesterday morning. Same flight was like $350 less than 12 hours later. And I hadn't been able to find anything under $230. Out of nowhere it showed up. Weird, never had that happen before. Was using kayak, btw.

Still don't have a ride to shows cuz 4 of us will not commit to those cattle call buses which are leaving way earlier than we want (11AM). Probly just take a cab to shows. And thinking about taking bus back so we aren't stuck in some nightmare cab line and can have beers or whatever. That means paying for both ways which is 35 bones but whatever. At that point, I/we will just want the most convenient exit I'm sure.

As for tailgating, TF, I know the guys I'm with (that are going on the bus) have a keg of Stella and they will be barbecuing so that might be a place to meet-up. Find out where the buses have to park at Alpine, if you want an idea of where to go or park or whatever...

:thumbup: Sounds like as good a plan as any

What kind of timeframe are people thinking for tailgating? I'm driving in from the Twin Cities that day, but I'll be leaving plenty early. Will people be tailgating most of the afternoon and just going in for the last few bands, or what?

Also, I'm driving in with a minivan, so if there are any tailgating supplies I can bring, I'm more than willing if I can join the crew.

What kind of timeframe are people thinking for tailgating? I'm driving in from the Twin Cities that day, but I'll be leaving plenty early. Will people be tailgating most of the afternoon and just going in for the last few bands, or what?

Also, I'm driving in with a minivan, so if there are any tailgating supplies I can bring, I'm more than willing if I can join the crew.

We'll be driving in from Chicago on Saturday morning, which looks like it's about 1:45 without traffic. Imagine we'll be going out late Friday night, so whatever time we wake up we leave. Tre booked the hotel for the show, so not sure if we can check in early or not.

Anyone from this thread is more than welcome to join the tailgate :thumb: the more the merrier. Assume we'll work out specifics through this thread during the next few weeks.

We'll be driving in from Chicago on Saturday morning, which looks like it's about 1:45 without traffic. Imagine we'll be going out late Friday night, so whatever time we wake up we leave. Tre booked the hotel for the show, so not sure if we can check in early or not.

Anyone from this thread is more than welcome to join the tailgate :thumb: the more the merrier. Assume we'll work out specifics through this thread during the next few weeks.

Giddyup. I'm only in for Sunday, but looking forward to a good time.

I only live 10-15 mins from Alpine Valley. There's a hotel a couple mins from here, I can check for you guys if you need accommodations, or you could camp out in my back yard.

Hell, I'd take just being able to park my van in your driveway and sleep in it for the night. I have to leave early AM and drive down to Chicago.
:crickets:Is that a no?

From my experiences with football games and festivals, the phones don't really work that well. Plus...."Hey, we're in row 25 next to the black accord....come find us" might be difficult :shrug:I have a portable flagpole, but not sure if I can get it on the plane or not
I'll just play hip hop in the truck...should be easy to find us. :thumbup:

Shoot Pack a PM, I doubt he hangs out in here

Would be good shtick to tailgate in Pack's backyard for a few beers

Would be good shtick to tailgate in Pack's backyard for a few beers
I'm down. PACKHOLE.

Me and my buddy will probably be in for tailgating. Looking at the lineup, not sure when we'll want to go in yet. We're staying at Alpine, so we can just wander over and find you guys whenever you get there. Tiger Fan, I've gotta get you your tickets too anyway.

Me and my buddy will probably be in for tailgating. Looking at the lineup, not sure when we'll want to go in yet. We're staying at Alpine, so we can just wander over and find you guys whenever you get there. Tiger Fan, I've gotta get you your tickets too anyway.
:thumbup:

:lmao:

So not to dork up this thread too much, but what do you think they'll open with? Obviously they have to know that the crowd will be expecting nothing less than stellar for the entire weekend. Do they set the tone with a classic opener like Release or Long Road? Do they do something a little more obscure, but not unrealistic like Hard to Imagine or Wash? Or just go complete out of the box like WMA or something?

So not to dork up this thread too much, but what do you think they'll open with? Obviously they have to know that the crowd will be expecting nothing less than stellar for the entire weekend. Do they set the tone with a classic opener like Release or Long Road? Do they do something a little more obscure, but not unrealistic like Hard to Imagine or Wash? Or just go complete out of the box like WMA or something?

Starting with Freebird would be a mind blower.

Starting with Freebird would be a mind blower.
:goodposting: Good lord that would be awesome!!!!

It's a 106 page thread dedicated to one band. I think it's been dorked up beyond repair by now. Gotta think it'll be a Ten song. Could go with Once, the album opener. I would love Release.