What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Just landed in Chicago. On the train in to the city. Listened to my Vic concert boot on the plane ride to get me in a proper Chicago/PJ state of mind.

Lots of PJ shirts visible in airport.

:thumbup:

Hey all, just wanted to welcome you to Wisconsin and hope you all have a blast. Just wanted to add, any of you heading to Lake Geneva from Chicago in Kenosha on Highway 50 my buddies own a bar that has 87 taps running with a lot of Wisconsin stuff. The place is called Uncle Mikes highway Pub. I understand you all have plans set, but if you are looking to try some different beers and enjoy a good lunch or dinner give them a try.

http://www.mikelikesbeer.com/UMhwy.htm

Hopefully all of you enjoy your time in Wisconsin and at the concert!!!!

Sonny just hooked me up for last minute tickets to Sunday. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Girlfriend is pumped to see The Strokes. Big points just scored.

Sitting in Newark waiting for my 3:00. They took my bug spray and sunscreen saying it was too big.

Rocking my PJ shirt.

I should be in Wisconsin by 9. Where exactly are they giving tix out. I know it's lame but I really don't want to miss out on posters.

I just wanted to say have fun and don't be too careful to my PJ fan brethren out there in the dairy state...

:headbang:

On my way to pick up car and heading to Millers Pub for some ribs if anyone is interested.
Lot's of better options other than Miller's Pub. Plus parking is really going to be crappy over there right now.Also...good luck to all those driving in and Chicago right now in Friday/Labor Day traffic.

At the alpine resort and they have absolutely ####ed us all. We were sold these rooms with the idea that we could take a five minute walk on a paved path from the resort to the venue. PJ security has now shut it all down and no one staying at resort can get to the venue. Can't take the path. You'd have to drive while the whole point of staying here was not using a car. Right now I have no way to get to the venue.

At the alpine resort and they have absolutely ####ed us all. We were sold these rooms with the idea that we could take a five minute walk on a paved path from the resort to the venue. PJ security has now shut it all down and no one staying at resort can get to the venue. Can't take the path. You'd have to drive while the whole point of staying here was not using a car. Right now I have no way to get to the venue.
Ugghhh. That blows. WTF? Maybe it will be resolved by tomorrow. Raise he'll at hotel and hit up the Alpine Valley Facebook Page.

Why couldn't you walk the route. According to google maps, it would only be one mile on the main road. Not sure how walkable it is.

WTF. I'm sure that will be resolved quickly (hopefully)

I'm at my hotel and was told I am 45 minutes away. Plan on waking up and heading over instead of twiddling my thumbs

So excited that when the thunder cracked and woke me, I couldn't go back to sleep.

They are allowing umbrellas that fit in your bag if you have lawn today. I'll probably stop at Target and pick one up since it will be a long day.

Then I plan on heading to Alpine. Buy some merch and probably watch the US soccer game on my phone in the car

I'm awake thanks to the alarm company calling me@ 630 dating the wind triggered something back home.. now I can't get beck to sleep because TU snores like a mofo

Waiting in line of cars to get in. I think they just opened gates. Pulled into one entance and was redirected so look out for that.

:popcorn:

Why couldn't you walk the route. According to google maps, it would only be one mile on the main road. Not sure how walkable it is.
You would have to basically walk up a mountain to get up to that road. Sounds like it might be resolved though. Some guys snuck down the trail during sound checks last night and got up to the fence/gate. Security there said we can come that way Saturday and Sunday.

It's very humid out dress light. Got posters for me and Tiger Army. Will try to upload to flickr now
More rain on the way too. Off and on all day.Have a blast guys.
looks like they might get pounded
I was listening to Pearl Jam radio when they cut to PJ20 live. All you could hear was rain hitting the ground and the guy said "thats about all that is happening here"Hope it clears up for everyone.

Quick review bc I am beat. I thought it was a very good show. Awesome versions of Release (opener), Breath, SOLAT, RVM, , Not For You and Porch.

They had a mini Temple of the Dog set with Chris Cornell. It was 4 or 5 songs. That was cool

But I wouldn't say the show was epic unless you were really wanting to see TOD. I will hold off judging the one show bc I am viewing this as a 2 day show. I'll just say that if I couldn't make it to tomorrow, I may have left a little disappointed.

Which means I think tomorrow will be epic

Noticeable songs that I have heard a lot live that they didn't play

Alive, Evenflow, Why Go, Jeremy and Black (all still great songs), Daughter, Elderly, Leash, Worldwide Suicide, unthought Known, loveboat captain, In Hiding, Ledbetter, Crazy Mary, Just Breathe,Animal, Hail Hail, Coudory, Immortality

If they play those it will be awesome. Got to hit on some of them IMO. And those aren't even songs that they don't really play at shows. Should be fun

Also, not sure if I have ever heard the 2nd song they played. It sounded familiar but unfamiliar at the same time.

Looks like a pretty cool start to a huge two-day set. I'm gonna figure all those guests in and out made for a lot of BSing.

SET LIST01. Release02. Arms Aloft-(Bullen, Shields, Slatterly, Stafford, Strummer)03. Do The Evolution04. Got Some05. In My Tree06. Faithfull07. Who You Are w/ Joseph Arthur, Liam Finn, Glen Hansard (bg vocs). Glen Peterson (percussion)08. Push Me, Pull Me09. Setting Forth10. Not For You w/ Julian Casablancas11. In The Moonlight w/ Josh Homme12. Deep13. Help Help14. Breath15. Education w/ Liam Finn16. Once17. State Of Love And Trust w/ Dhani Harrison18. Betterman/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)19. Wasted Reprise20. Life WastedENCORE BREAK 121. Rearviewmirror(For Mother Love Bone & Temple Of The Dog songs Chris Cornell sings lead. Eddie Vedder & Glen Hansard sing background vocals. Liam Finn joins Ed & Glen on "Reach Down")22. Stardog Champion w/ Chris Cornell-(Ament, Fairweather, Gilmore, Gossard, Wood){Mother Love Bone}23. Say Hello 2 Heaven-(Cornell)24. Reach Down-(Cornell)25. Hunger Strike {Eddie Vedder duet vocal}-(Cornell)26. Love, Reign O'er Me-(Townshend)27. PorchENCORE BREAK 228. Kick Out The Jams w/Mudhoney-(Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner)

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a different show.. obviously a celebration of pearl jam history.. arms aloft kind of killed the momentum after a kick ### release IMO.. the rain absolutely tampered the tailgate scene.

Weather is supposed to be great today.. for that alone I think the atmosphere will be great.

Looks like a pretty cool start to a huge two-day set. I'm gonna figure all those guests in and out made for a lot of BSing.
Def might seem that way, but it was in/out pretty much iirc. All the bg vocals were back left stage. Cornell didn't even get a super long intro...more like Ed saying this is the part of the show they were all looking forward to most, seemed like 20 seconds. Sorta thinking there will be less of that tonight with maybe a bigger guest (like Cornell was). But who knows.It was a different setlist last night for sure.

Quick review bc I am beat. I thought it was a very good show. Awesome versions of Release (opener), Breath, SOLAT, RVM, , Not For You and Porch. They had a mini Temple of the Dog set with Chris Cornell. It was 4 or 5 songs. That was coolBut I wouldn't say the show was epic unless you were really wanting to see TOD. I will hold off judging the one show bc I am viewing this as a 2 day show. I'll just say that if I couldn't make it to tomorrow, I may have left a little disappointed. Which means I think tomorrow will be epicNoticeable songs that I have heard a lot live that they didn't playAlive, Evenflow, Why Go, Jeremy and Black (all still great songs), Daughter, Elderly, Leash, Worldwide Suicide, unthought Known, loveboat captain, In Hiding, Ledbetter, Crazy Mary, Just Breathe,Animal, Hail Hail, Coudory, ImmortalityIf they play those it will be awesome. Got to hit on some of them IMO. And those aren't even songs that they don't really play at shows. Should be funAlso, not sure if I have ever heard the 2nd song they played. It sounded familiar but unfamiliar at the same time.
They will play some of those songs for sure. But it's quite evident these will not be "normal" shows...and I like that. I'd guess nearly half of the songs played last night would be sprinkled over many shows over a normal tour, some even rarely played. Who You Are to Education all in a row (minus Not For You which is more common).

Review

Pearl Jam triumphs in rainy daylong festival

Chris Cornell makes surprise appearance

e-mail print By Jon M. Gilbertson, Special to the Journal Sentinel

Sept. 4, 2011 9:30 a.m. |(9) Comments

At most parties, the guest of honor is usually the one who has to make the least effort to be adored. That initially seemed to hold true for Pearl Jam on Saturday at its 20th anniversary party, billed as the PJ20 Destination Weekend.

Headlining a 13-band bill on the first of two consecutive days of entertainment at Alpine Valley Music Theatre in East Troy, the band that helped take alternative-rock music to the mainstream went through a great deal of its performance solidly but not spectacularly.

Pearl Jam wasn't slacking off: lead singer Eddie Vedder, for example, put genuine passion into his signature quaver, and drummer Matt Cameron showed that he can still punch up the most basic rhythm.

The music wasn't really to blame, either. Fan favorites like "Deep" and "Better Man" had aged almost as well as Helen Mirren has, and more recent songs such as "Life Wasted" proved that Pearl Jam has lived 20 proper years of experience instead of repeating one year of experience 20 times.

Still, something wasn't quite gelling, and although the packed crowd was rabidly enthusiastic during the main set, most fans were content to sit and wait for the encore rather than cheer themselves hoarse for it.

When Pearl Jam came back out, however, it had a little extra juice.

After pumping out a version of "Rearviewmirror" that was particularly tense with contained anger, the band was joined by another of the many guests it had invited onstage. Unlike the rest, who were from other bands on the bill, this one was a surprise: Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, an aggressive Pearl Jam contemporary.

Vedder happily served as a backing singer while Cornell wailed through a song by Mother Love Bone, a group that had featured two Pearl Jam members, then another song about Andrew Wood, that group's frontman before his fatal heroin overdose. Vedder then dueted with Cornell on the furiously sorrowful "Hunger Strike."

Once Pearl Jam sent everyone home after a get-loose cover of the MC5's proto-punk classic "Kick Out the Jams" - featuring, for great measure, Mudhoney's Mark Arm and Steve Turner - it had justified its own birthday celebration and had also, as Vedder put it, grabbed a chance to be a "party band."

Considering the first day of festivities ended roughly 12 hours after they started, and also considering that the start of the concert had been delayed by a thunderstorm and dampened by near-constant drizzling, Pearl Jam's achievement was no small matter. And that's not even accounting for all the fine music that preceded the headliner.

Three bands were on the main stage: the aforementioned and long-revered Mudhoney first, cranking out the kind of garage-rock chaos that tended gleefully to destroy the garage; then Queens of the Stone Age, as slick and funny as they were brutal; and the Strokes, whose detached cool hides their love of old-fashioned rock 'n' roll even less well now than it did a decade ago.

Nine more acts were split between two smaller stages placed right next to each other. That lineup included veterans such as former X frontman John Doe (in reflective, acoustic mode) and brand-new popsters like the Young Evils (bouncy with bells on).

The ringers couldn't be said to have had much in common with each other, much less with Pearl Jam: Star Anna was a young, barroom-tough rocker with an extraordinary heart and voice; Glen Hansard was a relatively famous Irishman very good at unearthing rich veins of fresh gold in the music of his native land (i.e., Van Morrison). Both were worth celebrating.

Quick synopsis as I wait for an hour to get out of lot

####### INCREDIBLE

Much more relaxed today. Seemed like it was fun instead of worrying about pleasing everyone. I enjoyed the TOD set better today although Cornell sounded better yeterday.

I was sitting right next to Dennis Rodman lolz

Can't wait to her this on boot

Users who are viewing this thread