What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

No wonder Pearl Jam loves playing here...

Ontario revives fight with Ticketmaster

TORONTO The provincial government has revived its fight with Ticketmaster and resuming debate on legislation aimed at stopping companies from selling and reselling tickets to the same event.

Attorney General Chris Bentley has dusted off the Ticket Speculation Act, 18 months after it was first introduced, bringing it forward for second reading.

He says people are fed up with trying to buy tickets when they go on sale, only to be redirected to another site where prices are far higher.

Bentley says it’s important the province have “a legislative framework to protect consumers, which is what the bill is all about.”

Bentley rejects opposition claims the bill is aimed directly at Ticketmaster, the only big primary seller of tickets that also owns a resale site,TicketsNow.

The Tories and New Democrats say the government’s bill won’t do anything to stop the resale of tickets at higher prices.

link
Eff Tickemaster...

umm, this leads me to think it is here to stay

Pearl Jam Radio joins SIRIUS XM's pioneering line-up of channels dedicated to music icons, including Bruce Springsteen's E Street Radio, the Grateful Dead Channel, Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, Eminem's Shade 45, Elvis Radio, B.B. King's Bluesville and Siriusly Sinatra.
All those other stations are permanent

Pearl Jam Radio joins SIRIUS XM's pioneering line-up of channels dedicated to music icons, including Bruce Springsteen's E Street Radio, the Grateful Dead Channel, Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, Eminem's Shade 45, Elvis Radio, B.B. King's Bluesville and Siriusly Sinatra.
I hope so

I hope so
And they moved the jam channel to 81:)Awesomeness

That's what I was thinking...

TORONTO The provincial government has revived its fight with Ticketmaster and resuming debate on legislation aimed at stopping companies from selling and reselling tickets to the same event.

Attorney General Chris Bentley has dusted off the Ticket Speculation Act, 18 months after it was first introduced, bringing it forward for second reading.

He says people are fed up with trying to buy tickets when they go on sale, only to be redirected to another site where prices are far higher.

Bentley says it’s important the province have “a legislative framework to protect consumers, which is what the bill is all about.”

Bentley rejects opposition claims the bill is aimed directly at Ticketmaster, the only big primary seller of tickets that also owns a resale site,TicketsNow.

The Tories and New Democrats say the government’s bill won’t do anything to stop the resale of tickets at higher prices.

link
Eff Tickemaster...
Good for Ontario. :blackdot: Saw a great show there once...Gonna roll on up to The Bridge School Benefit tomorrow. Can't wait, obviously, great lineup. I was at their 10-year in Vegas, which was somewhat coincidental actually, and it's hard to believe it's now 20. I think it was TF that was talking about the moment he decided to purchase Ten (good story/memory) and it made me think of mine. It's not as clear as his, but I do remember Jeff Cohen cranking this new music in his dorm room at the Fraternity house. Over and over. I went in to check it out and he pulled out the CD and stuff. Well, that was all she wrote... :pokey:

:lmao:

I love satellite radio and this just made it better. I am loving this station. Mother####ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

link
Eff Tickemaster...
Good for Ontario. :2cents: Saw a great show there once...Gonna roll on up to The Bridge School Benefit tomorrow. Can't wait, obviously, great lineup. I was at their 10-year in Vegas, which was somewhat coincidental actually, and it's hard to believe it's now 20. I think it was TF that was talking about the moment he decided to purchase Ten (good story/memory) and it made me think of mine. It's not as clear as his, but I do remember Jeff Cohen cranking this new music in his dorm room at the Fraternity house. Over and over. I went in to check it out and he pulled out the CD and stuff. Well, that was all she wrote... <_<

:lmao:
Brong: we need a reviewHere's the setlist:

Set: Last Kiss, Unthought Known, Santa Cruz, Nothingman, Dancing Barefoot (Patti Smith), Betterman, Walk With Me (Neil Young), Just Breathe, Black

Notes: Betterman is the 'lullaby version'. Neil joins the band for Walk With Me.
I wish I was there so muchHad an amazing musical week with MMJ

Will chime in with that and how it connects with PJ later, but it really felt like a PJ community and it was awesome

Tremendous Upside said:
Had an amazing musical week with MMJWill chime in with that and how it connects with PJ later, but it really felt like a PJ community and it was awesome
TU, where do I start with these guys? "At Dawn"? Never gotten into them all too much. Looking forward to hear what you have to say.

Tremendous Upside said:
Had an amazing musical week with MMJ

Will chime in with that and how it connects with PJ later, but it really felt like a PJ community and it was awesome
TU, where do I start with these guys? "At Dawn"? Never gotten into them all too much. Looking forward to hear what you have to say.
I'd start with It Still Moves; gives you a good feeling for their varied song stylesAlso has One Big Holiday which is their biggest "hit" and an awesome song

Okonokos is a great introduction also, it's a killer Live Album

I'd start with It Still Moves; gives you a good feeling for their varied song stylesAlso has One Big Holiday which is their biggest "hit" and an awesome song

I'll check it out. Have some iTunes money to play with.

PJ station just played the Philly concert I was at. This station is great

Wish they would play older concerts though (like 92, 93- saying no in Denhaug (spelling?) and stuff like that)

Don't sleep on Z either.

PJ station just played the Philly concert I was at. This station is greatWish they would play older concerts though (like 92, 93- saying no in Denhaug (spelling?) and stuff like that)
love the station, but the lack of quality(sound) concert footage is a little disparaging some of the shows sound very thin

AcerFC said:
PJ station just played the Philly concert I was at. This station is great

Wish they would play older concerts though (like 92, 93- saying no in Denhaug (spelling?) and stuff like that)
:confused:

The little birdie stopped by and proclaimed in a deep bellowing voice,“I am the great and powerful Birdie!”“WTH?” we said.“Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain,” declared the Birdie.“One man stands alone?” we said.“Tweet,” said Birdie before he flew away.So, be sure your memberships and addresses are up to date by the end of this weekend or you’ll be singing the Scarecrow’s song.

The little birdie stopped by and proclaimed in a deep bellowing voice,“I am the great and powerful Birdie!”

“WTH?” we said.

“Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain,” declared the Birdie.

One man stands alone?” we said.

“Tweet,” said Birdie before he flew away.

So, be sure your memberships and addresses are up to date by the end of this weekend or you’ll be singing the Scarecrow’s song.
another Eddie solo tour?

The little birdie stopped by and proclaimed in a deep bellowing voice,“I am the great and powerful Birdie!”

“WTH?” we said.

“Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain,” declared the Birdie.

One man stands alone?” we said.

“Tweet,” said Birdie before he flew away.

So, be sure your memberships and addresses are up to date by the end of this weekend or you’ll be singing the Scarecrow’s song.
another Eddie solo tour?
:fingerscrossed:Membership up to date :mellow:

btw, gremmie.net is clearly the best PJ site out there. I've always heard of it, but never spent the time to go over there. They have the best versions of every PJ song ever played...available for download or stream online.

btw, gremmie.net is clearly the best PJ site out there. I've always heard of it, but never spent the time to go over there. They have the best versions of every PJ song ever played...available for download or stream online.
I heard that site was out of control.

Just bought a fan club membership for the first time since the Angel 7 inch came out
If you have the Let Me Sleep one, I'll buy it from you
Definitely do NOT have that one. I think I have the Sonic Reducer and Angel ones. But I lent the SR to a friend and I am pretty sure he never gave it back. Dont even know where the dude is to track it down. Lost touch after high school. Need to look at my parents house on Thursday to see if I have it but pretty sure I dont.

I used to love Five Horizons, too bad they let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread