What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

For those who don't have satellite radio, the "Tune In Radio" app on Android and ios has a PJ station. Obviously, it's not the same quality, but for a free app, it's pretty decent.

I just went on to get Ev ved tix and I only see for 2 shows. Are the rest sold out already. Its only been open for 45 minutes

I just went on to get Ev ved tix and I only see for 2 shows. Are the rest sold out already. Its only been open for 45 minutes
No, they're just not up yet, it's staggered. I found out the hard way just now. I was up late and figured I'd just stay awake until 8AM instead of trying to wake up. The shows I want don't go on sale until 1 PM Pacific. Idiot. :bag:June 15 Providence, RI Providence Performing Arts Center (PAC) Tue 3/29 8am PSTJune 16 Boston, MA The Wang Theatre Tue 3/29 8am PSTJune 18 Hartford, CT The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts Tue 3/29 9am PSTJune 21 New York, NY Beacon Theatre Tue 3/29 9am PSTJune 22 New York, NY Beacon Theatre Tue 3/29 9am PSTJune 25 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre Tue 3/29 11am PSTJune 26 Detroit, MI Fox Theatre Tue 3/29 11am PSTJune 28 Chicago, IL The Chicago Theatre Tue 3/29 12pm PSTJuly 1 St. Louis, MO Fox Theatre Tue 3/29 12pm PSTJuly 2 Minneapolis, MN Orpheum Theatre Tue 3/29 12pm PSTJuly 5 San Diego, CA Copley Symphony Hall Tue 3/29 1pm PSTJuly 6 Long Beach, CA Terrace Theater Tue 3/29 1pm PSTJuly 8 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern Tue 3/29 1pm PSTJuly 9 Santa Barbara, CA Santa Barbara Bowl Tue 3/29 1pm PSTJuly 11 Oakland, CA The Paramount Theatre Tue 3/29 2pm PSTJuly 14 Portland, OR Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall Tue 3/29 2pm PSTJuly 15 Seattle, WA Benaroya Hall Tue 3/29 2pm PST

After continually getting some restricted notice every time I clicked "Buy", I finally got through about ten minutes in and scored Santa Barbara Bowl tickets. :thumbup: Stoked, because that was my first choice...and I almost gave up and went for LA instead.

Got shut out for the Minneapolis show. Hopefully I can score something through ticketmaster. However, the PJ email stated they would go on sale at 10 am, while the website says the public on sale starts at 1 pm. Why do I think all the tickets, or all of the good tickets, will be long gone by 1 pm?

Got shut out for the Minneapolis show. Hopefully I can score something through ticketmaster. However, the PJ email stated they would go on sale at 10 am, while the website says the public on sale starts at 1 pm. Why do I think all the tickets, or all of the good tickets, will be long gone by 1 pm?
you would think after all these years the ten club would be better at handling ticket purchasing. it always seems to have hang-ups and issues.

you would think after all these years the ten club would be better at handling ticket purchasing. it always seems to have hang-ups and issues.
It seems most other fan clubs can get fan club tickets figured out, even far more popular bands with what I can only assume is a bigger following.I know I'd chip in a few extra bucks each year if I knew it meant they'd keep their servers up with demand.

'Tiger Fan said:
For those who don't have satellite radio, the "Tune In Radio" app on Android and ios has a PJ station. Obviously, it's not the same quality, but for a free app, it's pretty decent.
Wow, I've had TuneIn Radio for my itouch since January and never thought to search by artist this way. Now I have even more reason to use TuneIn Radio rather than just for my AM sports talk radio craving some mornings.The search will even tell you every radio station that a Pearl Jam song is playing on currently. Not really that useful but interesting to see. And there seems to be all kinds of other things worth exploring on here...podcasts, interviews, etc.So this isn't "the" Pearl Jam radio from Sirius/XM though, right?Either way :thumbup: :thanks:edit: and hell there is even a Live Phish Radio channel. :banned: Goodbye Pandora! (although it's nice to mix it up a bit there)

Last edited by a moderator:
They've added some shows and tickets for them go on sale in 7 minutes. Oakland and Seattle, probably others too, didn't look. This is a surprise so you've got a much better chance at scoring.

NOT an April Fool's joke, I wouldn't do that. Well, not with something that people would put some kind of earnest effort into and that they like this much.

I got nothing, by the way. Tried for 13 minutes for Benaroya only. Two friends also tried. Nada.

I think it's worth takin a shot now and then, can't hurt, you never know. I remember some kind of TM tip about trying at midnight on Sundays or some ####. Something about a certain time that extras get released by them. But I can't remember now. Might try to figure out what that was... We're not dead yet!

Doesn't it seem weird that we haven't had ANY official info re: 20th Anniversary Festival?
They said they were getting together in April to decide. Someone asked on the call in show this week, and the Ten Club said they'd release the info as soon as they could.ETA:
to reiterate what was said by Tim on the AET radio show today...not a festival, but more of a weekend destination. He also said that "nothing is set in stone yet, but as soon as they have details, they will let us all know."

'Tiger Fan said:
'Tremendous Upside said:
Doesn't it seem weird that we haven't had ANY official info re: 20th Anniversary Festival?
They said they were getting together in April to decide. Someone asked on the call in show this week, and the Ten Club said they'd release the info as soon as they could.ETA:

to reiterate what was said by Tim on the AET radio show today...not a festival, but more of a weekend destination. He also said that "nothing is set in stone yet, but as soon as they have details, they will let us all know."
Based on their past track record, don't hold your breath for the info...

how does a pj fan, but not fanboy, go about getting two tickets to philly or boston? rather not drop 120+ p/t

Ed uke album is pretty meh IMO. Only listened to it a few times, but nothing really stuck out.

Looks like 10C will be announcing big news next week :popcorn:

Ed uke album is pretty meh IMO. Only listened to it a few times, but nothing really stuck out.Looks like 10C will be announcing big news next week :popcorn:
It's not officially out yet is it? Where did you listen to it?Also, where did you get wind that a big announcement was coming next week?

Ed uke album is pretty meh IMO. Only listened to it a few times, but nothing really stuck out.Looks like 10C will be announcing big news next week :popcorn:
It's not officially out yet is it? Where did you listen to it?Also, where did you get wind that a big announcement was coming next week?
during the sirius show yesterday apparantly it was teased that they would be announcing something next week (saw this on the message boards).A friend emailed me a copy of the album that he obtained from somewhere online - assume some torrent site

Anyone coming to America's Finest City to see Eddie solo?

July 5: San Diego, CA Copley Symphony Hall The musician will be performing material from his forthcoming solo album, "Ukulele Songs," a collection of songs performed on ukulele, scheduled for release May 31.

Ed uke album is pretty meh IMO. Only listened to it a few times, but nothing really stuck out.

Looks like 10C will be announcing big news next week :popcorn:
I don't know about next week, but 10C email portends of something coming down the pike:
Pearl Jam Fans-

It all started around 20 years ago. First there was Mookie Blaylock. Then there was ....

The outermost layer of onion is peeled back here to give you a little glimpse into Pearl Jam Twenty.

<video>

Watch it. Share it. Spread the word.... 2011 is YOUR year.
:excited:

Make sure your 10C memberships are up to date boys:

The little birdie fluttered and landed with great force on our picnic blanket."Where have you been and what's with the backpack?" we inquired."I've been so busy making plans, trying to get everything ready for a special weekend. And do you know how hard it is to fly with a pack on my back?" the birdie said."Ah…a special destination weekend perhaps?" we said.The little birdie exclaimed, "Well, of course! Have you been living in a valley? Just make sure your memberships are up to date by midnight Sunday (Pacific Time) or you'll be sorry.""Ok, little birdie, thank you for the heads-up. We appreciate it. Where are you going next, birdie?" we said."To the great white North!”

DateCityVenuePre-sale Date / Time

3 - SepEast TroyAlpine ValleyMay 23 / 10:00am Pacific

4 - SepEast TroyAlpine ValleyMay 23 / 10:00am Pacific

PJ20 WEEKEND TICKETS:

It's going to be a big weekend. Here's an outline of how it will work for Ten Club members:

Fan Club 2 day package tickets. Single day tickets will not be available through Ten Club.

Priority Fan Club reserved shed seats and 10c exclusive fenced off lawn area (one night reserved and one night general admission)

Exclusive access to Ten Club Park: Shaded grassy area with amenities

Various Travel Package options for our fans traveling far and wide to celebrate with us

Ten Club pre-sale for Expo Center passes

And much much more....

Performances by: The Strokes, QOTSA, Mudhoney, John Doe, Joseph Arthu Glen Hansard, Liam Finn and special guests

www.pj20.com

Travel packages seem a bit costly since I dont think it includes tickets. 775 for a two night stay?
Travel packages are designed to enhance your concert-going experience, including great seats at the show (one night reserved/one night lawn), two or three night hotel stays at select hotels, shuttle transportation to and from each show, access to the Expo Center and Mid-day buffet at the venue, a limited edition poster and on-site event staff at the hotel and the venue.
I still don't see anywhere that shows the prices of the tickets only.

EDIT: I guess 10C has not released that info yet. Emails to them apparently are being answered like it will be posted today.

No dates "south of the border" save for Alpine Valley?? Anyone think they'll be moving indoors for a round of PJ20 stateside shows after September? :shrug:

Travel packages seem a bit costly since I dont think it includes tickets. 775 for a two night stay?
Travel packages are designed to enhance your concert-going experience, including great seats at the show (one night reserved/one night lawn), two or three night hotel stays at select hotels, shuttle transportation to and from each show, access to the Expo Center and Mid-day buffet at the venue, a limited edition poster and on-site event staff at the hotel and the venue.
I still don't see anywhere that shows the prices of the tickets only.

EDIT: I guess 10C has not released that info yet. Emails to them apparently are being answered like it will be posted today.
I read everything but that top paragraph. Doesnt seem so bad anymore since you get 2 tickets, shuttle to center, expo tix, buffet and posterNow I have to try and convince Mrs Acer this is something that will be fun to bring the kids to

Ten Club Pre-sale tickets available as two options

Reserved/GA Weekend Package- A Pair of Reserved Seats for one night and a Pair of GA tickets for the other night. $334/weekend

General Admission Weekend Package- A Pair of GA lawn seats for both nights. $252/weekend

Just searched for airfare. Continental had a perfect flight for me. In on Friday night, home by noon on Monday for $400

Not sure I can swing 1,000 for the weekend. Need to think. Good thing I have a week

Users who are viewing this thread