What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FFA Heavy Music Thread - No banal, anodyne "Dad Rock" BS here.. (1 Viewer)

Damn! That would have been amazing. Too bad it didn't happen.
Yeah, no doubt how things need to fall in place to make it.

I've been scanning old stuff in preparation for a move and I have this flyer we made. The Pier show was the big one that got cancelled due to weather if I remember correctly (outdoor show) and I think they bailed on this make-up show for whatever reason.

Good times though!

I've been scanning old stuff in preparation for a move and I have this flyer we made. The Pier show was the big one that got cancelled due to weather if I remember correctly (outdoor show) and I think they bailed on this make-up show for whatever reason.

Good times though!
That's great.

I've been trying to get a metal band formed, but everyone my age has lives that are too busy :)

Grahamburn said:
Seeing Gojira at Jannus Live in St. Pete in October.

Between the Buried and Me in September. 

Live music is back!
Sick. I'm seeing a few local bands in the next few weeks, seeing Cypress Hill in August, and seeing Ty Segall in September.

Guns N Roses releases first new song in 13 years

Absurd - youtube

Sweet grandchild o’ mine.

Guns N’ Roses is welcoming ’90s rock fans back to the jungle with a smashing “new” single, marking their first new release in 13 years.

“New. Fn. Song.” wrote the “Sweet Child O’ Mine”singers on their Twitter page just after midnight Wednesday. 

The scintillating single, titled “Absurd,” is the audio version of a song Guns N’ Roses performed at Fenway Park in Boston on Tuesday, Rolling Stone reported.

However, the track is not technically “new,” per se, as it’s a reboot of a previously unreleased tune they wrote, “Silkworms,” which the group hadn’t performed since 2001. The single was reportedly penned during the band’s “Chinese Democracy”....

saw green day/weezer last night, surprised how packed it was and how much I liked green day. 

going to catch Rival sons in october.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably have nobody to go with, but I am still staring at Gojira tix for I think November sometime.   I have 0 clue why they are playing a 2K person venue in Madison, WI - but I fell like I would be crazy to not check it out.  

driving up to chattanooga to catch knocked loose/alien weaponry/gojira in nov

anyone else catching this killer lineup?  
I've seen Gojira enough times to avoid their big stadium shows, but you will love it. Alien Weaponry is really cool, as well. 

Probably have nobody to go with, but I am still staring at Gojira tix for I think November sometime.   I have 0 clue why they are playing a 2K person venue in Madison, WI - but I fell like I would be crazy to not check it out.  
Nice! If it wasn't so far away, I'd drive over there and see it with you. You're lucky to see them in such a small venue!

No metal concerts coming up, but I saw Cypress Hill open for Atmosphere last month and Ty Segall just a couple weeks ago. Upcoming shows: Reagan Youth, Ween (November), Fang (January), and Circle Jerks (February).

If you have a chance to see Judas Priest on their current 50th anniversary tour, do not hesitate. Rob Halford's voice is still in very good shape, and the set list is ridiculously good.  Not a long show, but it will kick your a$$. :cool:  

If you have a chance to see Judas Priest on their current 50th anniversary tour, do not hesitate. Rob Halford's voice is still in very good shape, and the set list is ridiculously good.  Not a long show, but it will kick your a$$. :cool:  
Saw Judas Priest and Deep Purple a couple summers ago and I was impressed by both singers and how well their voices have held up.

Saw Judas Priest and Deep Purple a couple summers ago and I was impressed by both singers and how well their voices have held up.
I am not really a DP fan, so I cannot speak about that, but I've been a Priest fan since the 90's and it is impressive for sure how well Halford's has held up considering his singing style.  In fact, I saw them in '09, and he was struggling a bit then.  He sounded far better last night. 

I've seen Gojira enough times to avoid their big stadium shows, but you will love it. Alien Weaponry is really cool, as well. 
ya ive seen gojira 3 or 4 times in clubs here in atl but I skipped them when they opened for metallica a few years ago

I didnt think I would get another chance to see them in a club as theyve been blowing up. as long as they are not playing a big venue im there.   

Archspire makes Rush sound like The Ramones. 
they have put out a few new videos for the album coming out soon.  3 so far I believe. they took another leap fwd on these tunes.  I tried listening to new maiden after hearing the new tunes and it just didnt work. it was so slow and simple comparatively. 

ya ive seen gojira 3 or 4 times in clubs here in atl but I skipped them when they opened for metallica a few years ago

I didnt think I would get another chance to see them in a club as theyve been blowing up. as long as they are not playing a big venue im there.   
Berkeley, CA has a great club where MANY amazing metal bands play, and the last Gojira show I saw there had a raging pit with what I assume were Cal football players.

they have put out a few new videos for the album coming out soon.  3 so far I believe. they took another leap fwd on these tunes.  I tried listening to new maiden after hearing the new tunes and it just didnt work. it was so slow and simple comparatively. 
I admire technical death metal, but it's pretty exhausting to listen to. I prefer straight death metal, like Bloodbath, Asphyx, etc. 

omg.  just saw that Opeth and Mastodon were touring together...   but nowhere near me.  

Hopefully a few of you would be lucky enough to see that combo. 

Liking the new Mastodon! 

I could listen to Brann drum all day though. 
The new one really blew me away.   They are going in crazy new directions on this one.  Its really emotional but still heavy and experimental.  I am not a solo guy but the solos on just about every song are bonkers.   Seeing them at the end of the month and would be happy if the whole set was just new tracks.  

The new Archspire came out on the same day (last friday) and its also amazing.  These 2 albums are the best metal ive heard in quite a while.  Good times!

Good times though!

Totally Witchin! 

Users who are viewing this thread