What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE JEEP THREAD > All Things Jeep (3 Viewers)

Glad you're ok, what happened to the person on the motorcycle? I can't believe a motorcycle hit a jeep hard enough to total the jeep, that's crazy. What an awful experience.
We don't know and no way to even find out his name until the police report is released. He left the scene in an ambulance and was breathing at the time.  The impact knocked off his shoes, helmet, etc., and he landed a couple hundred feet away from the accident scene. I feel terrible for the guy but I'm angry at the same time. If he had hit us a nanosecond sooner I wouldn't be typing this now.

The process of ordering a new JL has been horrible. I ordered 2.5 months ago and it still hasn't started the build process. Jeep and their supply chain.

Sold my 1995 Wrangler over the weekend.  I was second owner, had it for 18 years. I will never be that emotionally attached to a vehicle again.  Nearly cried when the new owner drove it away.  So many great memories.  That rig was a huge part of my life.  Was still driving it nearly daily.  Is there a support group for this?  It's not as bad as losing a friend, family member or beloved pet, but it's right behind those things...

The process of ordering a new JL has been horrible. I ordered 2.5 months ago and it still hasn't started the build process. Jeep and their supply chain.
:goodposting:

JK has been in the shop over two months now awaiting a transmission. US shows like negative 169 available with no fulfillment date listed.

Well, looks like the Willys Wheeler may be toast.  Wife and I got hit Saturday night by a motorcycle being chased by the police and doing 100 MPH+.  We're both OK, just shook up and a little sore but I suspect the JK may be totaled. Really liked this Jeep.  
Yikes. Glad you're okay.

Sold my 1995 Wrangler over the weekend.  I was second owner, had it for 18 years. I will never be that emotionally attached to a vehicle again.  Nearly cried when the new owner drove it away.  So many great memories.  That rig was a huge part of my life.  Was still driving it nearly daily.  Is there a support group for this?  It's not as bad as losing a friend, family member or beloved pet, but it's right behind those things...
What did you replace her with?

ETA:  It gets better with time but you'll always have a small hole in your heart.  I'm still not over the '94 Wrangler I got rid of a decade ago because the engine was blown.  I looked REALLY hard at the '17 and '18 Wranglers last year when I was in the market, but couldn't justify the cost.  Perhaps when I retire.  

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you replace her with?

ETA:  It gets better with time but you'll always have a small hole in your heart.  I'm still not over the '94 Wrangler I got rid of a decade ago because the engine was blown.  I looked REALLY hard at the '17 and '18 Wranglers last year when I was in the market, but couldn't justify the cost.  Perhaps when I retire.  
I didn't.  I have a '10 F150, wife has a 2003 Honda Civic but she bought an '18 Toyota Highlander hybrid (which is sweet but she won't let me drive it).  We have 2 young kids that the Jeep was ill-suited for hauling around, and now that we're in MN and not CA or AZ, my epic off-roading/ camping trips are done.  The f-ing winters up here (salted roads) were killing it slowly.  Rust was taking hold and we just can't justify 4 vehicles for 2 drivers.  I don't have the time or space for a restoration project, so the Jeep had to go.  Now I'm driving her Civic ( :yucky: ) as my commuter car. 

I'm already fantasizing about the 2026 model year Wranglers or Broncos for when my turn for a new rig comes back up.

I'm looking for a newish Wrangler and I'm curious how much weight others would put on a Jeep being certified.. with the powertrain warranty. I'm seeing listings with and without mentioning it, so I assume its only available purchasing from a Jeep dealer? That would really limit my search, and options I'd like but am not seeing in available certified listings..

I'm looking for a newish Wrangler and I'm curious how much weight others would put on a Jeep being certified.. with the powertrain warranty. I'm seeing listings with and without mentioning it, so I assume its only available purchasing from a Jeep dealer? That would really limit my search, and options I'd like but am not seeing in available certified listings..
I don't know about certified Jeep's but my opinion is whatever you buy should be stock, I would not buy a modified Jeep.

I've been eyeing the new Rocky Ridge collection sitting at my local dealership pretty hard.  In particular, even though it's a JK (and I'd rather buy a JL now), this Desert Storm edition has me tickled.  Love the flat tan paint, including on the bumpers.  

I love my Scout, and it's so different and cool, bu there's something abotu a much more practical car that is modern and can be taken long distances etc.  Very tempted...

I hate to hear that.  I found out ours was built in the last two weeks so I was hoping it would show up in a week or two. Massive rail and trucking issues going on now though so who knows...
Hopefully they get caught up soon. Some orders fly through. I've been waiting for a while.

I don't know about certified Jeep's but my opinion is whatever you buy should be stock, I would not buy a modified Jeep.
Why?  If you know what you are looking for and plan on wheeling it then why not?  On the other hand if someone welded on some suspension components that didn’t know how to weld then I agree.

ragincajun said:
Why?  If you know what you are looking for and plan on wheeling it then why not?  On the other hand if someone welded on some suspension components that didn’t know how to weld then I agree.
That's exactly why, you don't know the quality of workmanship that was done.  When the jeep was lifted did the person torque everything to spec? Were quality components used? Too many questions.

I agree with you.  I had a long arm mount tear off going about 45 mph.  I will not buy something that has any welded suspension components.  If it’s things like body armor, winches etc then I am mostly ok.  If it’s a bolt on suspension kit then again ok, but when you start opening axles and welding you have to be extremely careful.

I hate to hear that.  I found out ours was built in the last two weeks so I was hoping it would show up in a week or two. Massive rail and trucking issues going on now though so who knows...
Showed up at the dealer yesterday but I wont be able to pick it up until next Saturday. 

The Jeep Gladiator was announced this morning. I love everything about it. Going to go Rubicon trim level just need to decide on color. Gobi or Red or Gator.

Check it out. 

https://www.jeep.com/gladiator.html
I want to love this.  And I do love the fact that the doors and roof come off.  And I love our JL Rubicon.  But...there's something awkward looking about the proportions of the Gladiator that I'm not loving at first look.

I want to love this.  And I do love the fact that the doors and roof come off.  And I love our JL Rubicon.  But...there's something awkward looking about the proportions of the Gladiator that I'm not loving at first look.
I think you're just not used to it yet. The Wrangler looked strange when it went to a 4 door and now that's almost all you see and the 2 door looks a little strange. 

I totally agree with this. The proportions and all look strange to me. 

That said, I’m thinking about what the Rocky Ridge edition Gladiators are going to look like. Once lifted and with huge wheels and all the bumpers and wenches, oh man, they’re gonna be absolutely awesome. I may buy one. 

I totally agree with this. The proportions and all look strange to me. 

That said, I’m thinking about what the Rocky Ridge edition Gladiators are going to look like. Once lifted and with huge wheels and all the bumpers and wenches, oh man, they’re gonna be absolutely awesome. I may buy one. 
4 door JKs look dumb on the small stock tires. Look much better on 35s+. This truck will be no different :)  

4 door JKs look dumb on the small stock tires. Look much better on 35s+. This truck will be no different :)  
Exactly. I think this will even be more so given the bed. I bet the lift and 35s will make this 100% better looking. I could see getting a 4 door gladiator all pimped out. 

Exactly. I think this will even be more so given the bed. I bet the lift and 35s will make this 100% better looking. I could see getting a 4 door gladiator all pimped out. 
According to the press on this, it can handle 35s without modifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you brohans even kidding me that gladiator has at least 10 good spots for kc lights it is like jeep is just toying with us and can you even imagine putting winches on both the front and back holy smokes brohans put a if found flip over sticker upside down on that sucker and bam you wont be able to keep guys with backward hats away take that to the bank bromigos 

are you brohans even kidding me that gladiator has at least 10 good spots for kc lights it is like jeep is just toying with us and can you even imagine putting winches on both the front and back holy smokes brohans put a if found flip over sticker upside down on that sucker and bam you wont be able to keep guys with backward hats away take that to the bank bromigos 
I only have 2 KC lights on my TJ brushguard and the previous owner disconnected them. 

:kicksrock:  

I only have 2 KC lights on my TJ brushguard and the previous owner disconnected them. 
that guy is a complete rookie and will never be allowed to wear his hat backwards take that to the bank bromigo

i love me some jeeps one of my favorite things to do is drive somewhere and go over a moderately sized rock very slowly nothing beats moving 10 yards in about a half an hour while sitting in my kc light winch delivery vehicle take that to the bank brohans 

i love me some jeeps one of my favorite things to do is drive somewhere and go over a moderately sized rock very slowly nothing beats moving 10 yards in about a half an hour while sitting in my kc light winch delivery vehicle take that to the bank brohans 
:lmao:

Loving this shtick busting on the jeep nerds 

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

Users who are viewing this thread