What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crock pot / Slow cooker recipes (1 Viewer)

I love short ribs esp in the crockpot. I did a stout braised short ribs recipe today but I f'd up the amount of garlic while I was tripling up the recipe. I redid the whole baste about two hours into the cook, but it was still too much garlic and then the ribs got dried out. Edible, but not as good as the short ribs parisienne I usually do.

About to head to the gym and can't wait to try this one when I get back.

Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs

6-8 boneless (better IMO) chicken thighs

6 ozs of pesto

1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning mix

1/2 cup of chicken broth

cover thighs with pesto using a spoon. sprinkle ranch seasoning pour broth over. cook on low for 4-6 hours.

I'm thinking about serving over angel hair.

The buffalo chicken lasagna is probably my next treat.

Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs

6-8 boneless (better IMO) chicken thighs

6 ozs of pesto

1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning mix

1/2 cup of chicken broth

cover CHICKEN thighs with pesto using a spoon. sprinkle ranch seasoning pour broth over. cook on low for 4-6 hours.
FYP as a favor to the next guy. :sadbanana:

A lot of these sound awesome but does anyone have preferred *healthy* slow cooker recipes? Obviously it's harder to slow cook the leaner meats since they get dried out, but I found a really good chicken (breast) taco chili one that we had last night which was awesome.

Gonna try this one next weekend,friend of mine passed it along and said it was fantastic and super easy.

Mississippi Mud Crock Pot Roast

Ingredients

1 beef chuck roast

l pkg dry ranch dressing mix

1 pkg mccormick au jus gravy mix

1 stick butter

4-5 pepperoncini peppers( or banana peppers,I will be more generous with these)

Directions

1. Place chuck roast in crock Pot

2. Sprinkle Ranch Dressing mix on top followed by Au Jus Gravy Mix.

3. Place butter on top of dry mixes. Place peppers on top of roast. Add NO water!!!! Cook on low for 8 hrs, then enjoy!!!!

To make the gravy

• When it is done, remove the meat from the crockpot and place in on a plate and cover.
  • Pour the remaining liquid in a saucepan on the stove, bring it to a boil, and add a mixture of cornstarch and water (or flour and water) to thicken it.
Should look like this to start

http://www.cockeyebbq.com/files/images/image(1).preview.jpeg

Anybody else tried this?Okay to add some veggies(carrots and potatoes)I assume?
Made this yesterday. Wow, really good. Added a bag of baby Yukon golds. Big winner with the family.

BTW...........the Italian beef was the Ritz Frosty! I added a teaspoon of cayenne to the recipe. Adds a nice heat to the flavor.

Pork loin is constantly on sale here. Have been buying them...cutting off several bonless chops to stuff and grill. ..and then leaving an end inact as a roast to freeze.

Thawed one out, season with garlic sea salt and pepper and seared it.

Cut it into big chunks and put it in the crock pot on low for about 6 hours covered in tomato sauce and a little water. To the sauce i added cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, mex oregano and garlic.

Took the chunks out and it easily shredded with two forks. Then back in the sauce for a few minutes.

Served in tortillas with a bit of chipotle sour cream, shredded cabbage and shredded cheese.

Damn it was good.

A lot of these sound awesome but does anyone have preferred *healthy* slow cooker recipes? Obviously it's harder to slow cook the leaner meats since they get dried out, but I found a really good chicken (breast) taco chili one that we had last night which was awesome.
Here's this recipe btw. The site said to serve it over rice. Also worked well on it's own as a chili or as a filling for tacos. I pretty much doubled up on everything and had about 1.5 lbs of chicken in there. Didn't even need the cheese to be great.

1 onion, diced (optional)

1 8-oz can pinto beans

1 8-oz can kidney beans

1 8-oz can black beans

1 8-oz can tomato sauce

1 8-oz can corn

1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes w/chilies

1 packet taco seasoning

1 tbsp cumin

1 tbsp chili powder (can reduce this amount for less spiciness)

2 garlic cloves, minced

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 package shredded cheddar cheese

Combine beans, onion, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic, taco seasoning in crockpot. Place the chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6-8 hours. Before serving, use a fork to shred the chicken, and stir to mix.

Serve over cooked rice and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

Cold weekend on tap so gonna head to the store and pick up some short ribs.

Anyone have lamb recipes they can share? I've googled and found some interesting ideas but wondering if anyone has a go to recipe?

Gonna try this one next weekend,friend of mine passed it along and said it was fantastic and super easy.

Mississippi Mud Crock Pot Roast

Ingredients

1 beef chuck roast

l pkg dry ranch dressing mix

1 pkg mccormick au jus gravy mix

1 stick butter

4-5 pepperoncini peppers( or banana peppers,I will be more generous with these)

Directions

1. Place chuck roast in crock Pot

2. Sprinkle Ranch Dressing mix on top followed by Au Jus Gravy Mix.

3. Place butter on top of dry mixes. Place peppers on top of roast. Add NO water!!!! Cook on low for 8 hrs, then enjoy!!!!

To make the gravy

• When it is done, remove the meat from the crockpot and place in on a plate and cover.
  • Pour the remaining liquid in a saucepan on the stove, bring it to a boil, and add a mixture of cornstarch and water (or flour and water) to thicken it.
Should look like this to start

http://www.cockeyebbq.com/files/images/image(1).preview.jpeg

Anybody else tried this?Okay to add some veggies(carrots and potatoes)I assume?
Made this yesterday. Wow, really good. Added a bag of baby Yukon golds. Big winner with the family.
Glad you liked it.I was really skeptical with all the butter and such but it turned out really tasty and made for some great sammiches with the peppers.

So with this Italian beef, I'm shredding it and then putting it back in the juice, that right (not removing juice when I remove bay leaf and shred)

And may have posted it before...but highly recommend the "better than bouillon" products.

Makes great stocks and such to use in the crock pot...its a paste you refrigerate and dissolve in water. No MSG...and some great flavor too.

And may have posted it before...but highly recommend the "better than bouillon" products.

Makes great stocks and such to use in the crock pot...its a paste you refrigerate and dissolve in water. No MSG...and some great flavor too.
+1. Never used it in a crock pot recipe but this stuff is money!

Also works great as a paste for rubs for smoking brisket, pork or chicken

Last edited by a moderator:

+1. Never used it in a crock pot recipe but this stuff is money!
Yes this stuff is awesome...I use it in the crock pot when I make pot roast, rub down the entire roast before putting in crock pot. I also use it when I make prime rib. Yum!

I've got 2 center cut bone-in porkchops with blackeyed peas going now. I added some salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a couple of chicken bouillon cubes. Plan on shredding up the pork, mixing in, and serving over rice.

Made this for christmas and it was a big hit. Shredded italian beef:

3-5 lb. roast of your choosing. I did a 3 lb. sirloin roast

1 t salt

1 t black pepper

1 t oregano

1 t basil

1 t onion powder

1 t parsley

1 t garlic powder

1 bay leaf

2 0.7 oz packets of italian dressing mix

3 c. beef broth

1/2 t red pepper flakes

mix everything except the roast in a pot and bring to a boil

put roast in slow cooker and add all that boiled stuff

cover and cook on low 10-12 hours (or high 4-5 hours) - I did low for 11 hours

remove bay leaf and shred beef, return to crock pot for 30-60 min

It was really good. We had 5-6 different dishes altogether and this was the only one that sold out
Slow cooking this at home as we speak. :thumbup:

1 t salt

1 t black pepper

1 t oregano

1 t basil

1 t onion powder

1 t parsley

1 t garlic powder

1 bay leaf

3 c. beef broth

1/2 t red pepper flakes

It was really good. We had 5-6 different dishes altogether and this was the only one that sold out
Got mine going as well.Put it in before I went out and tossed some snow around!

1 t salt

1 t black pepper

1 t oregano

1 t basil

1 t onion powder

1 t parsley

1 t garlic powder

1 bay leaf

3 c. beef broth

1/2 t red pepper flakes

Trying this out today, definitely smells good while it's cooking...

We are hosting a party tonight. On the menu....

One gallon of pre mixed margarita, lime juice, clear Patron and Grand Manaige

Crock 1 - One gallon of legal seafood New England Clam Chowder doctored with shrimp, scallops and bacon

Crock 2 - BBQ pulled pork FFA style

Oven door 1 - baked Calamarri

Oven Door 2 - Fresh extra Lg dinner rolls for chowder dipping or for pulled pork sandwitch

Who wants to touch me?

1 t salt

1 t black pepper

1 t oregano

1 t basil

1 t onion powder

1 t parsley

1 t garlic powder

1 bay leaf

3 c. beef broth

1/2 t red pepper flakes

Trying this out today, definitely smells good while it's cooking...
Went and got a 4 lb sirloin roast and some kaiser rolls yesterday. Started the crock at 630 this morning. House already smells heavenly.

If you're new here and don't want to browse multiple pages, these first two recipes seem to have won the thread.

Lazy Man’s Pulled Pork:

3 to 5 lb Pork Shoulder

Can of Coke

Dash of Liquid Smoke

Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce

Cook pork shoulder in coke and dash of liquid smoke for 8 hours on low. Drain shoulder,

shred,and discard liquid and any fat chunks. Add BBQ sauce and pulled shoulder back to

crock pot and cook on low for another 2 hours. Serve on sturdy toasted bun.

==============

Frosty's Shredded Italian Beef:

1 t salt

1 t black pepper

1 t oregano

1 t basil

1 t onion powder

1 t parsley

1 t garlic powder

1 bay leaf

3 c. beef broth

1/2 t red pepper flakes

super late to this party but made the coke pulled pork on Sunday. It actually cooked for 10+ hours and was absolutely amazing. towards the end I added some Mr Tonys extra spicy to give it a little kick. The cooking in coke works incredible.

Using the LMPP base this morning to make some gringo carnitas. I'll post what I end us using after I shred and add the ingredients. It's simple, basically adding green chiles and some other stuff when normally you'd add the barbecue sauce.
OK, so after the fat discard and shredding stage, we added 3 7.75 oz cans of El Pato Salsa de Chili fresco and 3 four oz. cans of Hatch diced green chiles. Later we'll add some salt and onion powder to taste. This was for about a 6-7 pound roast, but it's versatile. We'll keep it on low for at least another hour or two. We've done it before and it's always kind of vague, but you can't go wrong if you stay close to this. Then just eat them any way you'd eat carnitas.
Bump. Pivoting from the grill to this today with rain on the horizon. Had tacos last night so we already have the side items.

Made a very simple Shredded Chicken Salsa over the weekend and it turned out pretty good.

I used 6 boneless,skinless chicken breasts

2 cups salsa

Cooked on low for about 4 hours and then shredded the chicken and made sammiches out of them.You can go as hot or tame as you want with it.I have some homemade salsa I used but I'm sure just a jar of your favorite will do the trick.

Up next I'm doing this one,will report back once finished(over the weekend)

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

Ingredients
  • 3-4 pounds boneless chicken thighs
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • 6 TB apple cider Vinegar
  • ¾ tsp. ground ginger
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • ¼ tsp. pepper
  • 4 tsp. corn starch
  • 4 tsp. cold water
  • cooked rice
Instructions
  1. Place chicken in crock pot on lowheat.
  2. Combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper in a separate bowl. Mix and pour over the chicken.
  3. Cook on low for 4-5 hours until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and take the fat out of the reserve liquid in the crock pot.
  4. Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
  5. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and gradually stir into saucepan until it is thick.
  6. Pour chicken over cooked rice and cover with your sauce. ENJOY!

Had 1st communion this past weekend. House was full of crockpots. Did a chicken version of the lazy man's pulled pork. Brats soaking in beer and onions. Cheesy potatoes and green bean casserole.

Did the italian beef again. Only had a 2 lb. roast this time so I only used one italian dressing packet and I was also lazy so I didn't boil all the stuff. Not sure which made the difference, but it definitely had less flavor. It was still really good, but I remember it being an absolute flavor bomb and it was kind of lacking that.

1 t salt

1 t black pepper

1 t oregano

1 t basil

1 t onion powder

1 t parsley

1 t garlic powder

1 bay leaf

3 c. beef broth

1/2 t red pepper flakes

Made this today. Had some crusty Kaiser rolls, and provolone cheese.

Outstanding!

I call this one "Guilty White Trash Pleasure"...

Layer ingredients in this order...

4 boneless chicken breast

1 cup of chicken broth

4 slices of cheese

1 can cream of mushroom, 1 can cream of chicken, 1/4 cup of milk - all whisked together

1 box of stove top stuffing

Low for 4 hours

1 cup of chicken broth

4 slices of cheese

1 can cream of mushroom, 1 can cream of chicken, 1/4 cup of milk - all whisked together

Low for 4 hours
Velveeta or Kraft singles?

Buffalo Chicken Dip

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Buffalo-Chicken-Dip/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=buffalo%20chicken%20dip&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe%20Hub&soid=sr_results_p1i1

Ingredients

• 3 regular sized (or 2 large) boneless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded (boiled for 20 minutes)
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup Kens Thick and Chunky Blue Cheese dressing
  • 1 1/2 cups pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions

• Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
  • Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing.
  • Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
  • Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a crock pot.
  • Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook in crock pot on Low or until hot and bubbly.
  • Serve with celery sticks and Tostitos scoops.
This is something you'll find you can easily double up on the quantities and have no problems with the cooking or the eating.
my wife makes this...always a huge hit!

1 cup of chicken broth

4 slices of cheese

Low for 4 hours
Velveeta or Kraft singles?
Either one is perfect in keeping with the WT theme. Go with Swiss or Sharp provolone if you're actually looking to make it taste better.

We make this all the time:

South of the Border Shredded Chicken

Ingredients:

2-3 Pounds of Chicken Breasts

1 - Jar of your favorite salsa

1 - Diced Jalapeno (Keep the seeds if you like extra hot)

Juice from 4 limes

1 - TSP of salt

1 - Bunch of cilantro diced w/out stems (we use more because we love the stuff)

Place chicken in CP cover with salsa, jalapenos, lime juice and salt - Cook on low for 4 hours

Shred chicken using this method with cilantro in the bowl

You can either eat this now or return it to the CP and cook it for another hour or two.

Ingredients:

Juice from 4 limes

1 - TSP of salt

Place chicken in CP cover with salsa, jalapenos, lime juice and salt - Cook on low for 4 hours

You can either eat this now or return it to the CP and cook it for another hour or two.
make lettuce wraps with that ?

Ingredients:

Juice from 4 limes

1 - TSP of salt

make lettuce wraps with that ?
Yes and we also put it out as a dip with some chips. It always goes over well.

About time I fire my slow cooker up in preparation for football season

Going to try to do a Barbacoa but with a Buffalo Chuck Roast instead of Beef

I'm a little worried as there's so little fat in Buffalo but I'll just plan for this one to cook longer than normal.

I have a 3 pound Buffalo Chuck Roast

Here's what I'm thinking...

1 can of chipotle in adobo (chop the pepper and add it and all the sauce)

tbs of cumin

tbs of chili powder

1/2 tsp of ground clove

squeeze of a lime

cup of water

few tbs of olive oil

4 or 5 cloves of garlic

2 tsp oregano

small can of tomato paste

I'm thinking I'll hit the flavor profile pretty well with that. May cut the chili powder because of the adobo sauce.

The goal is to make this very low carb.

Making tomorrow - will report back

pepper and salt

Users who are viewing this thread