Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Most Underrated Song

Nice thread concept. :thumbup: Great new download potential.

I'll throw out a few great non-singles from known acts.

On The Road To Find Out- Cat Stevens from Tea For The Tillerman

Einstein On The Beach- Counting Crows (B-Side, I believe)

Easy Does It- Supertramp from Crisis, What Crisis?

She's a Runner- Billy Squire- Greatest Hits

A Letter To Elise- The Cure- from Wish

My Little Town by Simon and Garfunkel. Recorded as a one-off, 5 years after their breakup and found on The Best of Simon and Garfunkel and originally included on Paul Simon's 1975 album "Still Crazy after all these Years" and Garfunkel's solo album "Breakaway". It went to #9 and was promptly forgotten, but it is a powerful piece for those who grew up in small town America.

Hoopdie Doo--The Wiggles--Lights, Camera, Action. This song never gets any love because it's overshadowed by hits like Toot Toot Chugga Chugga and the odd cover of Eagle Rock, but I can't resist a polka.

I've never heard of the Wiggles.

Then you wouldn't choose this as underrated. I win.

rule #1.

The group/artist must be one that most people in the footballguys.com demographic will recognize.

I'm pretty sure I'll get agreement that you don't count as most people

I've never heard of the Wiggles or Yaz, either. Each nomination probably needs its own pole to determine eligibility under Rule 1.

Hoopdie Doo--The Wiggles--Lights, Camera, Action.  This song never gets any love because it's overshadowed by hits like Toot Toot Chugga Chugga and the odd cover of Eagle Rock, but I can't resist a polka.

rule #1.

The group/artist must be one that most people in the footballguys.com demographic will recognize.

I've never heard of the Wiggles or Yaz, either. Each nomination probably needs its own pole to determine eligibility under Rule 1.

If you heard "Situation" by Yaz, you would recognize it.

By the OP's criteria, songs that were minor hits in their time, and then later swept under the rug, should eligible:

"The Breakup Song" from Rockihnroll, Greg Kihn Band

"Running up that Hill" from Hounds of Love, Kate Bush

"Sweetheart" from Franke & The Knockouts, Franke & The Knockouts

"American-Soviets I" and "American-Soviets II" (non-album singles), C.C.C.P

"Give the DJ a Break", from Dynamix II: The Album , Dynamix II

You're Gonna Lose That Girl - The Beatles

It might just be their best song, and it's hidden away as an album track on Help, one of their less well known albums.

:goodposting:

I did always appreciate that Stars on 45 picked up that song for their famous medley :thumbup:

Pick a song from Incubus's album S.C.I.E.N.C.E. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love these songs. They need to go back to the harder stuff. In particular, the songs Certain Shade of Green and New Skin will rock your balls off.

Name - title - album

Beatles - Tommorow Never Knows - Revolver

Very radical-sounding song from the start of the psychadelic era. Chemical Brothers sampled from this song.

Rolling Stones - She's A Rainbow - Their Satanic Majesties Requests

Song you really don't hear on the radio except for the old British Wave segments.

The Who - My Wife - Its Hard

One of my favorite Who songs. Probably wouldn't make many lists, but the song is familar.

Sound sample of Yaz's "Situation" at this link. Click on the speaker icon next to the song title.

"Only You" by Yaz is good also.

The whole album "Upstairs at Erics" is good, other then the wierd "I before E except after C"

One of my favs of the eighties!

Wayne ####### Chung

:goodposting: The obvious answer is Let's Go by Wang Chung from the Mosaic album. Most people likely haven't heard it for several years but you would be doing yourself a favour by downloading it immediately.

Ok I'll bite...(I don't know albums very well though, but I took my prozac today)

Soul Asylum - "Somebody To Shove"

Soul Asylum was the first band that came to mind when I saw this thread. Its a band that most people know yet there are at least 3 albums of quality early material out there that no one really pays attention to.

There are so many Soul Asylum songs that got little to no rotation at all that are more worthy of this list. Somebody To Shove was pretty much their first release after they got big with Black Gold and Runaway Train and got a ton of play on MTV and the radio

Doing my research after I post (call it my MO) I now realize that Somebody To Shove was actually the first release off of Grave Dancers Union and not afterBlack Gold and Runaway Train

P-9

Marionettte

Nice Guys (Don't Get Paid)

Long Way Home

Freaks

Hoopdie Doo--The Wiggles--Lights, Camera, Action.  This song never gets any love because it's overshadowed by hits like Toot Toot Chugga Chugga and the odd cover of Eagle Rock, but I can't resist a polka.

rule #1.

The Wiggles and Yaz both count.

Archived