Here's a history:

6/02 traded to Atlanta

6/04 traded to Portland

7/04 traded to Golden State

8/04 traded to Dallas

12/04 traded to New Orleans

9/05 traded to Boston

6/06 traded back to Portland

I challenge you to name a player that has been traded more frequently in such a short period of time in any sport.

Joe Horn in the SHFFL

May 2003 traded from the Digis to the Long Horns

June 2004 trades from the Long Horns to the Huggies

June 2004 traded from the Huggies to the Digis

December 2004 trades from the Digis to the WhiteStorm

February 2004 traded from the the WhiteStorm to the Highlife

March 2004 traded from the HighLife to the Huggies and then immediately to the Judo

September 2004 traded from the Judo back to the Digis

November 2004 traded from the Digis to the Sacks

Decembere 2005 traded from the Sacks to the G-Force

Bruce Chen, LHP

Starts career with Braves

July 2000: Traded to Phillies

July 2001: Traded to Mets

April 2002: Traded to Expos

June 2002: Traded to Reds

March 2003: Signed by Astros

May 2003: Claimed off waivers by Red Sox

November 2003: Signed by Blue Jays

May 2004: Traded to Orioles

9 teams in 4 years. What's even more creepy:

First 4 teams were in NL East, next two teams were in NL Central, and next 3 teams in AL East.

Bruce Chen, LHP

Starts career with Braves

July 2000: Traded to Phillies

July 2001: Traded to Mets

April 2002: Traded to Expos

June 2002: Traded to Reds

March 2003: Signed by Astros

May 2003: Claimed off waivers by Red Sox

November 2003: Signed by Blue Jays

May 2004: Traded to Orioles

9 teams in 4 years. What's even more creepy:

First 4 teams were in NL East, next two teams were in NL Central, and next 3 teams in AL East.

I don't get it. What's so creepy about that? :confused:

Think that's bad, how about poor Bobo Newsom?

October 2, 1933: Drafted by the St. Louis Browns from the Chicago Cubs in the 1933 rule V draft.

May 21, 1935: Purchased by the Washington Senators from the St. Louis Browns.

June 11, 1937: Traded by the Washington Senators with Ben Chapman to the Boston Red Sox for Rick Ferrell, Wes Ferrell, and Mel Almada.

October 2, 1937: Traded by the Boston Red Sox with Red Kress and Buster Mills to the St. Louis Browns for Joe Vosmik.

May 13, 1939: Traded by the St. Louis Browns with Beau Bell, Red Kress, and Jim Walkup to the Detroit Tigers for Vern Kennedy, Bob Harris, George Gill, Roxie Lawson, Chet Laabs, and Mark Christman.

March 31, 1942: Purchased by the Washington Senators from the Detroit Tigers.

August 30, 1942: Purchased by the Brooklyn Dodgers from the Washington Senators.

July 15, 1943: Traded by the Brooklyn Dodgers to the St. Louis Browns for Fritz Ostermueller and Archie McKain.

August 31, 1943: Purchased by the Washington Senators from the St. Louis Browns.

December 13, 1943: Traded by the Washington Senators to the Philadelphia Athletics for Roger Wolff.

June 3, 1946: Released by the Philadelphia Athletics.

June 4, 1946: Signed as a Free Agent with the Washington Senators. (Date given is approximate. Exact date is uncertain.)

July 11, 1947: Purchased by the New York Yankees from the Washington Senators.

February 6, 1948: Released by the New York Yankees.

April 12, 1948: Signed as a Free Agent with the New York Giants.

June 19, 1948: Released by the New York Giants.

April 14, 1949: Signed as a Free Agent with the Washington Senators.

June 16, 1952: Released by the Washington Senators.

June 16, 1952: Signed as a Free Agent with the Philadelphia Athletics.

November 19, 1953: Released by the Philadelphia Athletics.

Dickau is your classic "great player on bad team/benchwarmer on good team" kinda guy.

See also: Sidney Wicks, Bob McAdoo, World B. Free, Christian Laettner, etc.

Bob McAdoo????

Okay, so maybe McAdoo doesn't deserve to be in this crowd, but he had some of his best years for some really bad teams in Buffalo and Detroit. I guess he was something of the Kevin Garnett of his day.

Maybe not a great comparison, but check out the history of Jim Jackson....

92-96/97 Dallas - Traded to NJ midseason (for shawn bradley in a then record setting 9 player deal)

96/97 NJ

97-98 Phi - Looks like he was traded to Golden State this year

97/98 - Golden State

98/99 - Portland (portland traded him and Isiah Rider for Steve Smith at the end of the season)

99-00/01 - Atlanta (appers to be another midseason trade to cleveland)

00/01 - Cleveland

01/02 - Miami

02/03 - Sacramento

03-04/05 - Houston (looks like he was traded again midseason to phoenix)

04-05/06 - Phoenix

05/06 - Lakers....

He may be done for now. Also, i'm not sure all those mid season splits on teams were trades. He could have been dropped/added for all I know).

Since 1992, dude has played for 13 different teams. I never understood how a guy who averaged 14.3 points for his career (and at times, much more) never landed a long term deal with anybody. Was he a bad teammate?

Since 1992, dude has played for 13 different teams. I never understood how a guy who averaged 14.3 points for his career (and at times, much more) never landed a long term deal with anybody. Was he a bad teammate?

He's a "tweener". Good enough to score points on a regular basis, but not good enough to be a star. For some reason, those types are considered disposable in the NBA, and are regularly passed from team to team. Billy Owens had a similar career.

Teams would rather keep a "role player" than a generic guy who can guarantee 15 points a game.

92-96/97 Dallas - Traded to NJ midseason (for shawn bradley in a then record setting 9 player deal)

96/97 NJ

97/98 - Golden State

98/99 - Portland (portland traded him and Isiah Rider for Steve Smith at the end of the season)

00/01 - Cleveland

01/02 - Miami

02/03 - Sacramento

04-05/06 - Phoenix

05/06 - Lakers....

He may be done for now. Also, i'm not sure all those mid season splits on teams were trades. He could have been dropped/added for all I know).

Ask Jason Kidd

96/97 NJ

97/98 - Golden State

00/01 - Cleveland

01/02 - Miami

02/03 - Sacramento

04-05/06 - Phoenix

05/06 - Lakers....

he wasnt traded to phoenix, he was traded to New Orleans, and refused to report there, and they cut him and he signed with phx

96/97 NJ

97/98 - Golden State

98/99 - Portland  (portland traded him and Isiah Rider for Steve Smith at the end of the season)

00/01 - Cleveland

01/02 - Miami

02/03 - Sacramento

04-05/06 - Phoenix

05/06 - Lakers....

He may be done for now.  Also, i'm not sure all those mid season splits on teams were trades.  He could have been dropped/added for all I know).

Since 1992, dude has played for 13 different teams.  I never understood how a guy who averaged 14.3 points for his career (and at times, much more) never landed a long term deal with anybody.  Was he a bad teammate?

he wasnt traded to phoenix, he was traded to New Orleans, and refused to report there, and they cut him and he signed with phx

:thumbup:

Archived