What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C'mon parents....stopped with the EFFed up names.. (3 Viewers)

My advice for child naming is to think like a third grader and go for major teasing...

I like the name Peter, and can you believe the abuse he would receive with the last name Phifer? :pickle: :pepper:

I also know the other side to this, growing up in the late 70s, early 80s with the name Blair and "Facts of Life" on...Ouch

My Wife and I have 3 and I think we did OK on the names:

Alexander Caleb

Andrew Robert

Emily Rose
isnt this a horror movie

My wife pointed this out in some kind of article in the paper. From Jermaine Jackson's Wikipedia page:

A year after separating from Margaret Maldonado, Jermaine Jackson married his brother Randy Jackson's ex-girlfriend Alejandra Genevieve Oaziaza. Alejandra and Randy were in a long term relationship and had two children together: a daughter Genevieve and a son Randy, Jr. Alejandra and the children lived at the Jackson family home Hayvenhurst. In 1996 the couple had a son Jaffar Jackson and in 2000 had another son Jermajesty.
omg

They need to do this in the US:

An Italian court has ruled that a couple could not name their son "Friday" and ordered that he instead be called Gregory after the saint whose feast day he was born on.

When the boy was about five months old, a city hall clerk brought the odd name to the attention of a tribunal, which informed the couple of an administrative norm which bars parents from giving "ridiculous or shameful" first names to children.

The tribunal said it was protecting the child from being the butt of jokes and added that it believed the name would hinder him from developing "serene interpersonal relationships".

Court changes name

my sister in law named her girl "Una"

then changed the spelling to "Oona" so now the girls name is Oona. What you think of that?

I worked with a girl named Kissimmee. Apparently her mom saw it on a map and decided, "That's what I'm gonna name my baby." To make it worse, the poor girl's maiden name was Cherry. Of course she goes by Kay. My buddy named his daughter Ilyssa. His mother-in-law, Irene, died recently, so they wanted to honor her by giving their daughter a name beginning with I. Of course, they just sentenced their poor daughter to a life of correcting the spelling of her name.
:excited:

Suprised this wasn't bumped back during the summer when this story broke:

YOUNG girl embarrassed by her name - Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii - has won a new one from a family court judge in New Zealand.

Family Court Judge Rob Murfitt, ruling in the city of New Plymouth in the North Island, made the youngster a ward of court so that she could change the name she hates.

Judge Murfitt, in a written ruling released yesterday, said the girl's mother had not given any thought to the implication of naming her daughter.

"In all facets of life, a child bearing this name would be held up to ridicule and suspicion," Judge Murfitt wrote in the ruling made in February.

"The court is profoundly concerned about the very poor judgment which this child's parents have shown in choosing this name for her. It makes a fool of the child and sets her up with a social disability and handicap quite unnecessarily."

The name issue arose during a custody hearing for the girl.

Judge Murfitt also took a stand against other parents saddling their children with bizarre names despite officials often trying to talk them out of unusual choices, saying this could create "social hurdles" as they grew up.

He cited as examples a family who named their children after six-cylinder Ford cars, twins called Benson and Hedges and youngsters called Midnight Chardonnay, Number 16 Bus Shelter and Violence.

"Quite frequently judges in the family court are dismayed by the eccentricity of names which some litigants have given their children," he wrote.

New Zealand's Child, Youth and Family agency was quoted as telling local reporters that it did not consider odd names as such to be child abuse although it could be classified as such if a child was bullied because of his or her name.

In Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii's case, there was no bullying, probably because the girl was so embarrassed that she never told friends her real name, instead calling herself "K".

Judge Murfitt gave the girl a new name but it was not made public in order to protect her privacy.

The custody case was also resolved.

This week I ran into the family of a girl I used to date. One of her sisters now has three kids:

Chance (I think this one is cool)

Liberty :jawdrop:

Glory :lmao:

She was pretty proud of herself when she told me. It took asking her three times to repeat Glory before I finally realized she didn't say Gloria.

This week I ran into the family of a girl I used to date. One of her sisters now has three kids:Chance (I think this one is cool)Liberty :bag: Glory :lmao: She was pretty proud of herself when she told me. It took asking her three times to repeat Glory before I finally realized she didn't say Gloria.
I'm pretty sure I've met strippers named Liberty and Glory but nobody in the real world.

Some kids' names I know that really bother me:

sisters: Lexi and Laini

a boy: Asher

siblings: Brooklyn and Braedon (unsure of the ######ed spelling)

brothers: Hunter and Dakota

My buddy's brother named his kid Colin, which is fine, except they pronounce it like colon (the organ). He says that's the Irish pronunciation.

It worked for Colin Powell, but I don't think this kid will end up being a general.

Oh have I got some 'beauts for yas. I can only confirm one of these. The other two are too funny to care.

1. My office mate's husband is a bull rider. By that I mean that's his paycheck. One of his friends just had a boy that they named Rody Owen. Rody like Cody...and then Owen.

2. Another girl I work with had these gems (the one's I can't confirm) when she was a coach/teacher at a local high school:

Abcde Jones (girl). Apparently Abcde is pronounced Ab-sid-ee

and

Urinal Johnson...yep, Urinal Johnson (boy).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few I have collected working in CS:

Waranya

Tanaka

Shonica

Tampatha

Shkeba

Gortina

Shawanda

Randashia

Terendia

Tondaleya