What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C'mon parents....stopped with the EFFed up names.. (2 Viewers)

We named our daughter Juniper.

Flame away....
Does she grow low and vigorously along the hillside, preventing erosion and reducing the area you need to mow? Or does she stretch high, accenting your front entryway, or perhaps provide a valuable privacy screen? Either way, I'll bet she loves full sun, tolerates a wide range of soils and is drought tolerant, right GB? :thumbup:
:lmao: almost sounds like a Westminster Kennel Club description. Makes a fine companion animal...

My advice for child naming is to think like a third grader and go for major teasing...

I like the name Peter, and can you believe the abuse he would receive with the last name Phifer? :pickle: :pepper:

I also know the other side to this, growing up in the late 70s, early 80s with the name Blair and "Facts of Life" on...Ouch

My Wife and I have 3 and I think we did OK on the names:

Alexander Caleb

Andrew Robert

Emily Rose
isnt this a horror movie
The name goes great when sung to the tune of "Holiday Road* from Vacation. :thumbup:

"Likely"??
Ya, we go back and forth about changing the "Theo-" prefix to Thea. A big part of me doesn't want to mess around with the name of God ("Theo" in Greek) but my wife is fine with it. Plus I think the child should have a say in the shortening of her name so once she is old enough she may decide on Dora or T or something else, who knows. We call her all kinds of things since she doesn't speak yet, like Meatball, Porker, Button, and Smiley among others. We'll see what sticks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, we go back and forth about changing the "Theo-" prefix to Thea. A big part of me doesn't want to mess around with the name of God ("Theo" in Greek) but my wife is fine with it. Plus I think the child should have a say in the shortening of her name so once she is old enough she may decide on Dora or T or something else, who knows. We call her all kinds of things since she doesn't speak yet, like Meatball, Porker, Button, and Smiley among others. We'll see what sticks.
:oldunsure: :no:

Vada was a name we (her) liked if my boys ended up being girls. I liked Penelope and some old names like Esther and I can't remember.

Names after luxury vehicles and designer labels need to be stopped. (Mercedes, Porshe, Prada, Chanel, et. al.)

I worked with a guy who's wife was a teacher. She had a kid in her class who's first name was Lilwayne.

Maybe I'll ask for a ruling on this... my wife and I are keeping gender a surprise. We are considering Winston if it is a boy (like Churchill), but then my wife raised the concern that the name might be associated with a different race. :oldunsure: What says the FFA?

Maybe I'll ask for a ruling on this... my wife and I are keeping gender a surprise. We are considering Winston if it is a boy (like Churchill), but then my wife raised the concern that the name might be associated with a different race. :oldunsure: What says the FFA?
Sounds more like a conceited little jerkoff begging to get punched daily imo.
Good name for a dog, though...

Seems you have some races covered.

The Nascar/smoking crowd....mostly old school white guys from the south.

And black ghostbuster.

Alright, I think pulse is taken. Perhaps I'll some day tell my kid that it can thank the FFA for not being named Winston.

Sounds more like a conceited little jerkoff begging to get punched daily imo.
True, but a lot better than Reince...

I'm white but have a name that White and African Americans both tend to assume I'm black before they meet me.(No, I don't talk in street slang. It's the name.) Don't know if it's prevented me from being called for an interview or something. Then again I don't want to work for someone where if I was black it would be an issue.

Almost all the girls I've dated have told me that when they told their families my name they've said something along the lines "He's black?" And some when told I'm white have said "He might be mixed."

Winston? Yeah they'll probably assume he's black would be my guess.

Ironic thing is my fiance is black, but due to her name people assume she's from India.

netnalp said:
Don Quixote said:
I'm white but have a name that White and African Americans both tend to assume I'm black before they meet me.(No, I don't talk in street slang. It's the name.) Don't know if it's prevented me from being called for an interview or something. Then again I don't want to work for someone where if I was black it would be an issue. Almost all the girls I've dated have told me that when they told their families my name they've said something along the lines "He's black?" And some when told I'm white have said "He might be mixed."

Ironic thing is my fiance is black, but due to her name people assume she's from India.
Lincoln?

pecorino said:
My infant daughter is Theodora. Is that acceptable nowadays? It's an old school Greek name and we will likely call her Thea for short.
Theodora was the wife of Justinian and empress of the Byzantine Empire. She was probably a hooker before she married Justinian.

Don Quixote said:
You guys are white, right?

Not sure how "Winston" = "black".

Don Quixote said:

Yes, although wife is part-Hispanic. I think it might be viewed as more commonly used in the black community now, but I don't know. (And I guess for dogs, as mentioned by someone else.)

Don Quixote said:

Yes, although wife is part-Hispanic. I think it might be viewed as more commonly used in the black community now, but I don't know. (And I guess for dogs, as mentioned by someone else.)
Yeah "winston" sounds like more like the name of a shaggy sheepdog or an old, fat cat.

Don Quixote said:

Also Ernie Hudson's character in Ghostbusters. And even though Jameis Winston has it as his last name, Winston is what most fans will regard him as.

netnalp said:
Don Quixote said:
I'm white but have a name that White and African Americans both tend to assume I'm black before they meet me.(No, I don't talk in street slang. It's the name.) Don't know if it's prevented me from being called for an interview or something. Then again I don't want to work for someone where if I was black it would be an issue. Almost all the girls I've dated have told me that when they told their families my name they've said something along the lines "He's black?" And some when told I'm white have said "He might be mixed."

Lincoln?
Nope. My name is Duane. Fiance's family even said "Oh, he's black?"

I said "I thought it was only white people that assumed that."

Fiance is black but people ask "Is she Indian?" because her name is Indea, pronounced like the country India.

netnalp said:
Don Quixote said:

Lincoln?
Nope. My name is Duane. Fiance's family even said "Oh, he's black?" I said "I thought it was only white people that assumed that."

Fiance is black but people ask "Is she Indian?" because her name is Indea, pronounced like the country India.
Yo what up D

Users who are viewing this thread