Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

C'mon parents....stopped with the EFFed up names..

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a tihspid.  

I mean the airline apologized and even announced they are naming their seats after her.

I met a kid named Jernathan on Thanksgiving. Not sure on the spelling, but WTF was all I could think.

A little too close to "Jerknathan".
Yeah, first thing you do when narrowing down a name is you sit down and brainstorm all the ways kids will make fun of it. That's just common sense.

Let's see. Bart, cart, dart, e-art...nope, can't see any problem with that. :homer:

I met a kid named Jernathan on Thanksgiving. Not sure on the spelling, but WTF was all I could think.

Yeah, first thing you do when narrowing down a name is you sit down and brainstorm all the ways kids will make fun of it. That's just common sense.

Let's see. Bart, cart, dart, e-art...nope, can't see any problem with that. :homer:

Bart = Fart

Bart = Fart

Thanks for pointing that out.

Maybe I'll ask for a ruling on this... my wife and I are keeping gender a surprise. We are considering Winston if it is a boy (like Churchill), but then my wife raised the concern that the name might be associated with a different race. :oldunsure: What says the FFA?

You guys are white, right?

Not sure how "Winston" = "black".

Yes, although wife is part-Hispanic. I think it might be viewed as more commonly used in the black community now, but I don't know. (And I guess for dogs, as mentioned by someone else.)

Yeah "winston" sounds like more like the name of a shaggy sheepdog or an old, fat cat.

my son goes to school with a boy named winston. white kid, a little ... slow.

Went to HS with the following:

China

India

Summer

Raspberry & Creme (twins)

Flower (went by "Flo")

Heironymous

I just found this thread. Did you really go to school with a Heironymous? What nickname did he go by? Bob?

dunno... nobody ever talked to him on account of his ####ed up name.

The girl at the grocery store had on her name tag "DAN-YELL". :wall:

Once saw a girl at my local grocery store with the name Suconda.

I really hope her last name starts with a D.

Ever since I saw Cinderella Man I've thought the name Braddock would be cool for a guy. Obvious nickname Brad. Admittedly it's a little out there but I think it sounds cool and it makes me think of courage, and strength. Not sure I'd pull the trigger on it though.

Edited by satch

Maybe I'll ask for a ruling on this... my wife and I are keeping gender a surprise. We are considering Winston if it is a boy (like Churchill), but then my wife raised the concern that the name might be associated with a different race. :oldunsure: What says the FFA?

I'm white but have a name that White and African Americans both tend to assume I'm black before they meet me.(No, I don't talk in street slang. It's the name.) Don't know if it's prevented me from being called for an interview or something. Then again I don't want to work for someone where if I was black it would be an issue.

Almost all the girls I've dated have told me that when they told their families my name they've said something along the lines "He's black?" And some when told I'm white have said "He might be mixed."

Winston? Yeah they'll probably assume he's black would be my guess.

Ironic thing is my fiance is black, but due to her name people assume she's from India.

Lincoln?

Nope. My name is Duane. Fiance's family even said "Oh, he's black?"

I said "I thought it was only white people that assumed that."

Fiance is black but people ask "Is she Indian?" because her name is Indea, pronounced like the country India.

You are white but everyone thinks you are black and she is black but everyone thinks she is Indian. Did I follow that one right?

Ever since I saw Cinderella Man I've thought the name Braddock would be cool for a guy. Obvious nickname Brad. Admittedly it's a little out there but I think it sounds cool and it makes me think of courage, and strength. Not sure I'd pull the trigger on it though.

I like it. I see no issues with that one.

I've got a student whose name is pronounced "hung boy". But he's Asian so he gets a pass.

Yes, those Asian names never translate well into English.

Examples - Phuc, Phat, Wang, Bang and Bich. (we have had all of these names at my work)

I though Kim/Kanye would go with "Golden" as it fits their egos and stupidity.

First thing I think of when I hear Winston is the black Ghostbuster

And not Winston Churchill, arguably one of the most important statesmen of the mid 20th Century? You make me sad.

everything makes you sad so thats not saying much

Untrue

Please don't be sad Mr. Pete.

I used to live down the street from Genghis Khan.

My supervisor's name rhymes with poontang.

I worked with a guy named Gar Poon.

I worked with a guy named Richard Hurtz

Are you sure it wasn't Mike Hunt?

I.P. Freely

I'm white but have a name that White and African Americans both tend to assume I'm black before they meet me.(No, I don't talk in street slang. It's the name.) Don't know if it's prevented me from being called for an interview or something. Then again I don't want to work for someone where if I was black it would be an issue.

Almost all the girls I've dated have told me that when they told their families my name they've said something along the lines "He's black?" And some when told I'm white have said "He might be mixed."

Winston? Yeah they'll probably assume he's black would be my guess.

Ironic thing is my fiance is black, but due to her name people assume she's from India.

Lincoln?

Nope. My name is Duane. Fiance's family even said "Oh, he's black?"

I said "I thought it was only white people that assumed that."

Fiance is black but people ask "Is she Indian?" because her name is Indea, pronounced like the country India.

You are white but everyone thinks you are black and she is black but everyone thinks she is Indian. Did I follow that one right?

People think that she's Indian because her name is Indea? Do they know lots of kids named United or America?