What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C'mon parents....stopped with the EFFed up names.. (1 Viewer)

:yes:

We have a staff member here named Jesekah. Please.

You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
Eat at Arby's

unless i'm completely missing the obvious here, why do people try throwing this La- thing out as though no one has heard it before?  are they trying to beat an already dead joke until it comes back to life?  sometimes overdoing a joke from "funny" to annoying back to funny works... especially with little kids.. but.. that doesn't seem to be the case with La-.

it was never funny in the first place. just... stupid.  yet every so often we get a new guy who says "you won't believe the name of this kid in my history class....."

why? am i missing some meta joke?

Crew isn't bad. Not sure about Rue though. Isn't that french for street?
My guess would be it's based on the Rue who was a character in the Hunger Games :bag:

Surprised that aren't more Katniss's out there yet. I was at the dog park the other day and heard a chick call her dog "Prim" which was Katniss sister in the books/movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess would be it's based on the Rue who was a character in the Hunger Games :bag:

Surprised that aren't more Katniss's out there yet. I was at the dog park the other day and heard a chick call her dog "Prim" which was Katniss sister in the books/movies.
The actress is not very ordinarily named either...Amandla Stenberg - Named for the Zulu and Xhosa word for "power,"

My wife met someone who named her daughter Abcde (pronounced like a combination of Abby and Cassidy - Ab-sa-dee)

One of my coworkers used to be a teacher and she knew another teacher who had twin boys in one of her classes - named Lemonjello and Orangejello - pronounced "le-MON-gelo" and "or-ON-gelo".

Oh have I got some 'beauts for yas. I can only confirm one of these. The other two are too funny to care.

1. My office mate's husband is a bull rider. By that I mean that's his paycheck. One of his friends just had a boy that they named Rody Owen. Rody like Cody...and then Owen.

2. Another girl I work with had these gems (the one's I can't confirm) when she was a coach/teacher at a local high school:

Abcde Jones (girl). Apparently Abcde is pronounced Ab-sid-ee

and

Urinal Johnson...yep, Urinal Johnson (boy).
My sister just mentioned this one as well.

Maybe we could gather all the stories and put them on a single website. That way people could research them before forwarding such posts and looking foolish. We could call it Gropes.com or something like that.
facts never got in the way of a belief before. why start now?

New group of Kindergartners this year - not that bad (due to this thread I'm sure.)

Girls:  Nola, Jacey, Aurina, Emina, Selah, Jovie(yes, from elf), Kyndall, Dawsyn

Boys:  Masiah, Cayden, Sohan, Ryder, Crew, Rue, Saylor, VanHelsin (no ####, not sure if he goes by Van?)

"not that bad"

I meant not as many as usual - but yeah, most of the names are shlte

I leave this one here....

These parents switched up their daughter’s unique name to make it easier to pronounce

Unique baby names are all the rage. Coming up with the cutest, coolest, most distinct name for your newborn isn’t easy, but it’s something that must be done for many new parents.

But sometimes the name chosen is a little too unique. So much so that no one can actually pronounce it.

And therein lies the problem for one family who named their daughter an extraordinarily unique name.

Carri Kessler and her husband named their daughter Ottilie, but ended up changing it because literally no one in their life knew how to say it.
They chose the German name, pronounced OTT-ti-lee, because they thought it was pretty and unusual (not to be confused with pretty unusual).

“Sure, it was a little unique, but so beautiful,” Kessler told Buzzfeed. “A former colleague who lived in the U.K. was named Ottilie and I loved it from the first day I heard it.”

But not long after Ottilie was born, they realized that the pronunciation was hard for most people.

“Apparently we didn’t say it out loud enough before the baby was born because we didn’t realize this until we started introducing her, and people were like, ‘Wait, what is it?'” Kessler explained.

Since the Americans dialect can be lazy when it comes to pronouncing Ts in a lot of words, everyone kept calling her “Oddily” — which is not what her parents were going for.

“We all said Oddily, and that was just not her at all,” Kessler said.

Some people gave up on saying her name altogether, and would refer to her as “the baby”.

“I thought this was going to be a lifelong issue, maybe it’s not too late to do something about this,” she said.

So to avoid a lifetime of confusion, Kessler and her husband decided to change Ottilie’s name.

This time they chose something just as beautiful, but a lot easier to pronounce correctly — Margot.
They made the name change official by sending out a mass email to friends and family announcing the baby’s new name.

“I included a super-cute picture of Margot to distract from the craziness that they were reading, and the response was really super positive,” Kessler said. “It just felt like the right decision.”

Margot will certainly have a great story to tell when she’s older.

I work with a girl named Xyza.  Never talk to her so no idea how it's pronounced.
I googled xyza and it comes back with a photographer named xyza Cruz vacant, a street photographer from the Philippineswho shoots in Hong Kong. So there is at least one semi famous person born in 1987 with that first name.

have we discussed dad's naming their daughters after them by changing a single letter of the name?

Bobby/Bobbi

Tracy/Traci

Stacey/Stacie

have we discussed dad's naming their daughters after them by changing a single letter of the name?

Bobby/Bobbi

Tracy/Traci

Stacey/Stacie

Son has a kid in class named Ka-El.

Yes, they named their son after the son of Jor-El.
maybe the ka el kid is just a guy named karl who changed one letter to get his sons name take that to the bank brohans 

Users who are viewing this thread