What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shuke's blog (2 Viewers)

shuke,

Did you get lost today? What is this all about?
"Lost"?You think I just happened upon this site one day? As hard as it might be to comprehend, I'm actually a very fierce fantasy football competitor.

I've had Chaz sitting on my bench since draft day in two different leagues.

shuke,

"Lost"?You think I just happened upon this site one day? As hard as it might be to comprehend, I'm actually a very fierce fantasy football competitor.

I've been holding him all season as well, good buddy :goodposting: We're like two sharks swimmin' in the same tank.

shuke said:
gmbacm said:
And here we were led to believe you were magically creating the wondrous cheese curd in your kitchen. But you are just putting batter on premade curds? :hey:
You thought I was actually making cheese? :lmao:
yeah - no idea where I got the idea you made cheese curds. :mellow:
WTF are you talking about? I made those.
What does that have to do with the awesome cheese curds I made?

yeah - no idea where I got the idea you made cheese curds. :hey:
Fried Cheese Curds Recipe

Cheese Curds

The most popular flavor: Plain Cheddar, in white or yellow.

Want to know how to make cheese curds? While the process of making the actual curds is too difficult for a home kitchen, you can make scrumptious fried curds at home—our guests have become addicted to fried jalapeño cheese curds with a cold beer, although we fry up the plain ones for the less spicy-minded. Here’s a recipe for authentic Fried Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese curds. You can make them with the freshest curds, but deep-frying is also a good way to use up curds that are beginning to dry out.

Fried curds can be served with a ranch dressing dip, Wisconsin-style or with a marinara sauce—but they are absolutely heavenly by themselves (by which we mean, with a beer). This recipe serves 4.

Ingredients

* 2 cups Panko bread crumbs

* 2 teaspoons cornstarch

* 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme

* 1 cup all-purpose flour

* 4 eggs, well beaten

* 1 pound Wisconsin cheese curds, 1" to 1-½" wide

* Oil for deep frying (high smoke point oils include avocado [520°F], safflower [510°F], soybean, corn, peanut and sunflower [450°F])

Directions

1. Combine bread crumbs, cornstarch, cayenne pepper and chopped thyme in food processor. Process until bread crumbs are finely ground. Place in a pie plate.

2. Place beaten eggs in another pie plate and flour in a third pie plate. Dredge the cheese curds in the flour, then the egg and lastly the bread crumb mixture.

3. Place battered curds on a baking sheet. Set in the freezer for 20 minutes.

4. Heat 3 inches of oil to 365°F to 375°F. Fry the cheese curds in batches until they are crisp and warmed all the way through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.

If you don’t want to do all the work, you can buy the cheese curd kit below
http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/chee...-curds.asp#what

Last edited by a moderator:
Otis said:
shuke said:
shuke,

I've been holding him all season as well, good buddy :lol: We're like two sharks swimmin' in the same tank.
Ok this just got a little gay.

shuke said:
gmbacm said:
And here we were led to believe you were magically creating the wondrous cheese curd in your kitchen. But you are just putting batter on premade curds? :toilet:
You thought I was actually making cheese? :lmao:
yeah - no idea where I got the idea you made cheese curds. :suds:
WTF are you talking about? I made those.
What does that have to do with the awesome cheese curds I made?
If you make homemade french fries, do you actually make the potatoes?

IDrinkyourMilkshake said:
Otis said:
shuke said:
Otis said:
shuke,

I've been holding him all season as well, good buddy :hangover: We're like two sharks swimmin' in the same tank.
Ok this just got a little gay.
Just got??

Shuke, I need your opinion on something.

Who would win in an MMA style, no holds barred fight: Andy Reid or Dom Deluise on crystal meth?

(for argument's sake say Dom is alive, circa the The Cannonball Run)

Fierce debate about this elsewhere. I need an unbiased judgment.

Who would win in an MMA style, no holds barred fight: Andy Reid or Dom Deluise on crystal meth?

That is freakin' weird. My four year old and I had that exact discussion this morning over Apple Jacks. :thumbdown:

That is freakin' weird. My four year old and I had that exact discussion this morning over Apple Jacks. :shock:
Your four year old knows what crystal meth is?

Last edited by a moderator:

That is freakin' weird. My four year old and I had that exact discussion this morning over Apple Jacks. :lmao:
Your four year old knows what crystal meth is?
The odds of her knowing what meth is, is probably slightly higher than knowing who Andy Reid is and what MMA is; and MUCH higher than knowing who Dom Deluise and/or Cannonball Run is. That's what makes it so weird!

Are they both on meth, or just Dom?

shuke,

Are you gonna blog about your WW playing experience? Thanks for killing me by the way.

LIGHTING BOLT!

I just want to say my kid is a genius. We let him have sugar cereals on the weekends. Sunday he wanted Apple Jacks mixed with Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Holy crap was that good.

I just want to say my kid is a genius. We let him have sugar cereals on the weekends. Sunday he wanted Apple Jacks mixed with Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Holy crap was that good.
This actually sounds really good. Did you pour yourself your own bowl or eat some of his?

We have this potential combination sitting in our pantry right now. Our 5 year old typically likes to mix 3 cereals (we also only go pure sugar on weekends), but at times goes with just two. I'll propose this concoction for experimentation this weekend! My guess is she's already had it, but will get a new perspective from her this weekend.

shuke, have you has a shukewich recently? Did you tinker with the original recipe at all?
I believe the original shukewich was smoked turkey. I switched to peppered turkey for the Son of Shukewich, I believe it's called.I've eaten one almost every weekday for the past two years.

Users who are viewing this thread