Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2 hours ago, Foosball God said:

We'll have to see how it lasts, I think the Y will affect some things and cause a bunch more 3s to come on the market but it still looks good as far being at the top end of the resale value proposition 

Truck is going to be more impactful than people think, too. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

welp, just got rear ended in my 3.  F-550 hit me so hard I went into the 2 cars in front of me.   I got it all on my dash cam.  I'll figure out how to load that up later and post some pics.  I fi

Just put in my order for a Model 3 LR RWD

Picked up my new Model 3 today. Did not play with any autopilot features, was mostly on back roads and wanted the full experience. One pedal driving is so much fun on roads with lots of curves. So is

13 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Truck is going to be more impactful than people think, too. 

I've had a few truck driving friends of mine reach out to me after seeing the truck.  They've hit me with a ton of questions.  The look isn't very appealing to them, but the first thing they all did was tell me how much they spend on gas each month.  Its crazy. 

Its going to be a major impact.  

52 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

I've had a few truck driving friends of mine reach out to me after seeing the truck.  They've hit me with a ton of questions.  The look isn't very appealing to them, but the first thing they all did was tell me how much they spend on gas each month.  Its crazy. 

People moving to it from a 3, S, or X, too. I have two friends who I know are interested, one who has a 3 and the other an S.

1 hour ago, jb1020 said:

Yup.  V8 F150 gets about 19 mpg.  Toyota Tundra gets what, 16?  18k miles a year at $2.50 a gallon - that Tundra cost you nearly $3k in gas per year. 

11 hours ago, jb1020 said:

Still like it?  Has the giddiness of Performance worn off?  

It’s my wife’s primary so it’s not like I’ve logged a ton of miles in it, but the giddiness is absolutely still there. I have no remorse getting the performance package.    

eta I took it to a meeting today. Punched it a ton, used AP on the way home, then hit some windy roads near the house. It handles better than I thought it would. 

Edited by -jb-
16 hours ago, matttyl said:

Yup.  V8 F150 gets about 19 mpg.  Toyota Tundra gets what, 16?  18k miles a year at $2.50 a gallon - that Tundra cost you nearly $3k in gas per year. 

My friend thats switching is a realtor in our metro area.  He literally drives between 100 and 250 miles every day in his F150,  but he has to have a truck cause he specializes in selling/leasing hunting land.  The guy lives at the gas pump.  He said its more like $10k per year or more in gas for him.  I bet there is a lot of these guys out there.   

I loved having a truck, but hated parking this thing.  Cyber truck is 19'4".  I can't handle that on a regular basis.  

12 hours ago, -jb- said:

It’s my wife’s primary so it’s not like I’ve logged a ton of miles in it, but the giddiness is absolutely still there. I have no remorse getting the performance package.    

eta I took it to a meeting today. Punched it a ton, used AP on the way home, then hit some windy roads near the house. It handles better than I thought it would. 

You have the Full Self Driving?  I haven't heard enough about it to want to spend the $7k on it.  If I had an extra $7k I'd upgrade to the performance.  

14 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

You have the Full Self Driving?  I haven't heard enough about it to want to spend the $7k on it.  If I had an extra $7k I'd upgrade to the performance.  

This is where I'm at.  It is starting to get there, but not to the point where it is worth the extra 7k yet imo.  Now if Musk were to slash that down to 4k or something I would probably jump just to get the HW3 retrofit.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

Yeah we went whole hog:

Black exterior / wheels

white interior 

performance package 

Full self driving

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 12/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, jb1020 said:

welp, just got rear ended in my 3.  F-550 hit me so hard I went into the 2 cars in front of me.  

I got it all on my dash cam.  I'll figure out how to load that up later and post some pics.  I figure its totaled, but really have no idea.  Trunk and frunk both crumpled in, but amazingly the cabin was just fine.  

I don't post pics much, so I hope I did this right....

Pics

Update...Got word she's a total. 

Unfortunately, I'm not too happy with the offer.  They sent me the offer late Friday, $43,100.  I can't find anything online comparable to my 2018 LR AWD.  Here's what Truecar shows in a 500 mile radius from me.   The one that is $42,999 has a rebuilt title because of flood damage.  

Whats my play here?  I've never had to argue with an ins company before.  My sticker price was $56,700.  To build my exact car now is $51,000 plus $1200 doc/destination fee.  

Shouldn't I be getting closer to $50,000?   I replied back with my sticker price, but haven't gotten a reply yet.  

To get something comparable I'm looking at $46-48k.  But not buying new, or used (there are no used 3's on their site), from Tesla I wouldn't have my 8 year/72,000 Warranty.  That has to be worth something.  Not to mention having the travel or shipping costs to get a replacement.  

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.  

51 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

Unfortunately, I'm not too happy with the offer.  They sent me the offer late Friday, $43,100.  I can't find anything online comparable to my 2018 LR AWD.  Here's what Truecar shows in a 500 mile radius from me.   The one that is $42,999 has a rebuilt title because of flood damage.  

Whats my play here?  I've never had to argue with an ins company before.  My sticker price was $56,700.  To build my exact car now is $51,000 plus $1200 doc/destination fee.  

Shouldn't I be getting closer to $50,000?   I replied back with my sticker price, but haven't gotten a reply yet.  

To get something comparable I'm looking at $46-48k.  But not buying new, or used (there are no used 3's on their site), from Tesla I wouldn't have my 8 year/72,000 Warranty.  That has to be worth something.  Not to mention having the travel or shipping costs to get a replacement.  

https://www.kbb.com/tesla/model-3/2018/base-w-long-range-battery-sedan-4d/?vehicleid=446042&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=8000&pricetype=trade-in&condition=excellent&options=9242107|false|9242108|false|9242109|true|9242113|false|9242114|false|9242120|false|9242130|true|9242132|false|9242133|true|9242137|false

Looks to be on the lower end of the Kelly Blue Book value.  Not sure if you're going to get much traction, but I'd still try and get more if I were you.  Private Party shows around 48k, that seems more reasonable.

Edited by Foosball God
1 minute ago, Foosball God said:

I ran the numbers thru kbb and got the same thing, but shouldn't there be a difference between putting me back on the road and "trade-in" value?  I have to go buy a new car because of these people.  Trade in value is not what I should be offered.  At least not in my opinion.  

5 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

I ran the numbers thru kbb and got the same thing, but shouldn't there be a difference between putting me back on the road and "trade-in" value?  I have to go buy a new car because of these people.  Trade in value is not what I should be offered.  At least not in my opinion.  

Unless you have "replacement" insurance then you're going to be jobbed in this situation.  That's not to say you should settle for 43k, but I think around 48k is probably the best you can expect.

Edited by Foosball God
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

Unless you have "replacement" insurance then you're going to be jobbed in this situation.  That's not to say you should settle for 43k, but I think around 48k is probably the best you can expect.

I'm filing a 3rd party claim.  I don't have replacement coverage for my own insurance.  I'd like to thing these guys don't want to screw me over considering the circumstances.  Driver of a 40,000 pound bucket truck plows into me, all caught on video.  Driver likely texting, wasn't paying attention obviously.  

Maybe wishful thinking, but they need to put me back in a 7 month old (or newer) Model 3 with 14,000 miles on it.  I shouldn't have to be out of pocket $7000 to get back where I was.  

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

I'm filing a 3rd party claim.  I don't have replacement coverage for my own insurance.  I'd like to thing these guys don't want to screw me over considering the circumstances.  Driver of a 40,000 pound bucket truck plows into me, all caught on video.  Driver likely texting, wasn't paying attention obviously.  

Maybe wishful thinking, but they need to put me back in a 7 month old (or newer) Model 3 with 14,000 miles on it.  I shouldn't have to be out of pocket $7000 to get back where I was.  

Couldn’t agree more with everything you wrote.  But unfortunately my experience (not similar to yours so can’t offer specific advice) has been insurance company’s are masters at getting out for bottom dollar.  You don’t have much (any?) power or leverage here.   

11 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Couldn’t agree more with everything you wrote.  But unfortunately my experience (not similar to yours so can’t offer specific advice) has been insurance company’s are masters at getting out for bottom dollar.  You don’t have much (any?) power or leverage here.   

I'd mention to them that you (well, Jb1020 actually) may be seeking insurance elsewhere because of this. Just a drop in the bucket, but maybe losing thousands a year in insurance profit over low balling can help sway them? I'm sure it won't, but worth a try.

11 minutes ago, Jobber said:

I'd mention to them that you (well, Jb1020 actually) may be seeking insurance elsewhere because of this. Just a drop in the bucket, but maybe losing thousands a year in insurance profit over low balling can help sway them? I'm sure it won't, but worth a try.

It's not his insurance company.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Jobber said:

Yeah, its not my insurance company.  I'm making a claim thru the guy that hit me.  

2 hours ago, jb1020 said:

They should be showing you the comparables (actual selling price) that they used to determine the value of your car.  One thing to keep in mind is that the prices that are online are the "asking" price.  I'm sure you could negotiate a better price.   They also owe you sales tax, and fees.

3 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

Yeah, its not my insurance company.  I'm making a claim thru the guy that hit me.  

You may want to turn in a claim to your insurance company to see if they give you a better settlement.  Since it is a not at fault accident, it shouldn't hurt your renewal price at all.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

They don't. They only have to offer you what they determine the cash value of your car to be. You don't have to accept it, though. You can respond to them with the information you're finding and make a case that the market value of the car is higher than what they've presented and tell them what you believe it to be.

Focusing on the purchase price of your car or on the price of a new car won't get you anywhere, though. It's more like if you were evaluating your home's appraised value. You want comps. Used cars similar to the age, mileage, condition, etc of your car. If you can't find one for less $48k, then you might have a compelling argument that the value of your car is closer to the value of those cars. Doesn't mean they'll budge or give you what you want, but you can try. Of course the most compelling argument you can make might be, "If we can't settle this in a satisfactory manner, I'll turn it over to my lawyer."

(Not professional advice. Just my experiences having been through this twice)

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, D-Day said:

You may want to turn in a claim to your insurance company to see if they give you a better settlement.  Since it is a not at fault accident, it shouldn't hurt your renewal price at all.

If I don't get any traction in the next day or 2 with the other guys insurance I think I'll go that route.  

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Focusing on the purchase price of your car or on the price of a new car won't get you anywhere, though. It's more like if you were evaluating your home's appraised value. You want comps. Used cars similar to the age, mileage, condition, etc of your car. If you can't find one for less $48k, then you might have a compelling argument that the value of your car is closer to the value of those cars. Doesn't mean they'll budge or give you what you want, but you can try. Of course the most compelling argument you can make might be, "If we can't settle this in a satisfactory manner, I'll turn it over to my lawyer."

The Comps they pulled show they were last updated October 2019, plus they are all over 500 miles away.  These are just unique cars...Its not like the used market is flooded with them.  Not a Civic. 

Also, what about my warranty?   None of these 3rd party sellers would offer  the 8 year/72,000 mile warranty like I had.  Seems like that should have value too.  

53 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

If I don't get any traction in the next day or 2 with the other guys insurance I think I'll go that route.  

The Comps they pulled show they were last updated October 2019, plus they are all over 500 miles away.  These are just unique cars...Its not like the used market is flooded with them.  Not a Civic. 

Also, what about my warranty?   None of these 3rd party sellers would offer  the 8 year/72,000 mile warranty like I had.  Seems like that should have value too.  

It does and they need to know that.  Don't let anyone tell you that you don't have leverage.  They want to settle the claim quickly.  The longer a claim goes on the higher the dollars generally get.  Don't settle until you are 100% satisfied. Involving your insurance company is a good idea if you can't get satisfaction directly.

• Like 1
On 1/13/2020 at 12:19 PM, jb1020 said:

So Tesla warranties are only good to the original owner?

16 minutes ago, matttyl said:

So Tesla warranties are only good to the original owner?

I honestly don't know.  These used teslas I'm looking at on truecar and cargurus don't mention anything about that warranty. 

Figured while  I'm making demands I might as well toss that in there.  

I will say, buying used on Tesla.com does come with an additional 4 year warranty on everything I've seen.  Haven't seen a used 3 on there in a while though.  

Making a little progress with the claims guy.  They added another $2k to their settlement, but we're still a little ways off from where I think I need to be.  

30 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

I honestly don't know.  These used teslas I'm looking at on truecar and cargurus don't mention anything about that warranty. 

Figured while  I'm making demands I might as well toss that in there.  

I will say, buying used on Tesla.com does come with an additional 4 year warranty on everything I've seen.  Haven't seen a used 3 on there in a while though.  

Making a little progress with the claims guy.  They added another $2k to their settlement, but we're still a little ways off from where I think I need to be.  

Good to hear you're making some progress.  Stay on them.  Bring up comps, and definitely bring up the warranty bit. 

Not sure you want to go this route, but it may be worth exploring.  You can, I believe, actually file the claim under your own insurance (collision).  See what that would be (you'd be out your deductible).  Then your company goes after their company - if they get all the money back, they pay you back your deductible.  The big issue, though, is that it will always be an accident on your insurance record. 

25 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Good to hear you're making some progress.  Stay on them.  Bring up comps, and definitely bring up the warranty bit. 

Not sure you want to go this route, but it may be worth exploring.  You can, I believe, actually file the claim under your own insurance (collision).  See what that would be (you'd be out your deductible).  Then your company goes after their company - if they get all the money back, they pay you back your deductible.  The big issue, though, is that it will always be an accident on your insurance record. 

I think my chances are better going thru the other guys ins.  I don't really want to get sideways with my company and ask for more than the ACV of my car.  

Now, the 40,000 pound bucket truck that hit me while accelerating and texting...yeah, I'm asking to be put back the way I was, at a minimum.  I've laid out a very logical reason as to why they would be better off buying me a new one.  

I'd be very happy to have a  2018 Midnight Silver Metallic AWD Model 3 with White Interior  and 14k miles on it that has an 8 yr/72k mile warranty sitting in my driveway tomorrow.  Thats just flat out not happening with $43,000.   And these guys owe it to me to be back the way I was at a minimum.   

They could give me $48k and I could find something that works...but I'm still out a warranty, and I feel like that's a big deal.   Thesse cars are still a bit of a mystery.  All the batteries might crap out in 3 years?   So they might as well buy me the same model  brand new at $50,990.  

If they have to better me...so be it.  Can't hurt to try.  I don't feel like I'm asking for anything unreasonable here, I have a pretty heavy conscience.   I wouldn't sleep well if I thought I was screwing someone over.  

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

I think my chances are better going thru the other guys ins.  I don't really want to get sideways with my company and ask for more than the ACV of my car.  

Now, the 40,000 pound bucket truck that hit me while accelerating and texting...yeah, I'm asking to be put back the way I was, at a minimum.  I've laid out a very logical reason as to why they would be better off buying me a new one.  

I'd be very happy to have a  2018 Midnight Silver Metallic AWD Model 3 with White Interior  and 14k miles on it that has an 8 yr/72k mile warranty sitting in my driveway tomorrow.  Thats just flat out not happening with $43,000.   And these guys owe it to me to be back the way I was at a minimum.   

They could give me $48k and I could find something that works...but I'm still out a warranty, and I feel like that's a big deal.   Thesse cars are still a bit of a mystery.  All the batteries might crap out in 3 years?   So they might as well buy me the same model  brand new at $50,990.  

If they have to better me...so be it.  Can't hurt to try.  I don't feel like I'm asking for anything unreasonable here, I have a pretty heavy conscience.   I wouldn't sleep well if I thought I was screwing someone over.  

Let me help you sleep (though it sounds like you aren't having that issue).  You should at LEAST be made whole.  You're the victim here and did nothing wrong.  You should not be moved backwards in anyways because of this.   

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, dkp993 said:
1 hour ago, jb1020 said:

Let me help you sleep (though it sounds like you aren't having that issue).  You should at LEAST be made whole.  You're the victim here and did nothing wrong.  You should not be moved backwards in anyways because of this.   

Second this. Good on you for following up on all this and don't feel one ounce of remorse here.

That they already came up 2K that fast is great but to me also shows they are just trying to nickel and dime which is typical insurance BS. These companies buy the naming rights to stadiums and have gazillion dollar ad campaigns but then won't pay out what they should unless you ride them. Super aggravating. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, The General said:
23 hours ago, dkp993 said:
23 hours ago, jb1020 said:

Second this. Good on you for following up on all this and don't feel one ounce of remorse here.

That they already came up 2K that fast is great but to me also shows they are just trying to nickel and dime which is typical insurance BS. These companies buy the naming rights to stadiums and have gazillion dollar ad campaigns but then won't pay out what they should unless you ride them. Super aggravating

Plus, you said the 2 cars ahead of you have already retained lawyers? Maybe there's a way to drop that knowledge (and the fact that you haven't) to encourage them to convince you to settle this with them.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Dragons said:

Plus, you said the 2 cars ahead of you have already retained lawyers? Maybe there's a way to drop that knowledge (and the fact that you haven't) to encourage them to convince you to settle this with them.

I'm just assuming they hired attorneys.  The guy in the lead car acted like he was.  I'll let them know attorneys have been cold calling me and I'd rather not go that route.  

I think we're at an impasse this morning.  They asked me yesterday to provide them with 3 comps of my own, which I did.  I found 3, pretty similar cars within 500 miles of me.  One was $49,989, $47989 and $48,000...And none we're advertised as having any sort of warranty.  They all had between 30k -5k miles.  

They replied back with, "we looked at them and we are still satisfied with our offer."   They are offering $45,200.  We're not that far off from what would make me happy and feel like I've been made whole.  We're arguing over $6-7k at this point.  I'm giving my warranty a $3,000 value.  Nothing to back that up, it just seems fair.  

I'm in the insurance business and ran into a marketing rep I know pretty well at a Christmas party a few weeks ago.  He asked about my accident.  Turns out the company he works for uses this same claims handling firm I'm dealing with.   He knows those guys pretty well and said he would make a call if I needed help.  I hadn't talked to him since...but out of the blue he shoots me an email this morning wanting to know how the process was going.   

9 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

I'm in the insurance business and ran into a marketing rep I know pretty well at a Christmas party a few weeks ago.  He asked about my accident.  Turns out the company he works for uses this same claims handling firm I'm dealing with.   He knows those guys pretty well and said he would make a call if I needed help.  I hadn't talked to him since...but out of the blue he shoots me an email this morning wanting to know how the process was going.   

Hmmm, he may be fishing for info on whether you are getting a lawyer.

14 minutes ago, msommer said:

Hmmm, he may be fishing for info on whether you are getting a lawyer.

I don't think so.  We're good enough friends, go back a few years...daughters play softball together, etc.  I genuinely think he wants me to not be screwed here.  

2 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

I don't think so.  We're good enough friends, go back a few years...daughters play softball together, etc.  I genuinely think he wants me to not be screwed here.  

Anyway I'd suggest you lay out your case for being made whole as you state it, warranty, milage, the video, texting etc and then just say that even though they have upped their offer the company is still way out and this while you are being cold called by lawyers, which you are considering.

3 minutes ago, msommer said:

Anyway I'd suggest you lay out your case for being made whole as you state it, warranty, milage, the video, texting etc and then just say that even though they have upped their offer the company is still way out and this while you are being cold called by lawyers, which you are considering.

Yeah, I feel like my next move is to call this adjuster and ask to speak to the manager.  I used to be an adjuster 15 years ago.  People would do that to me and the manager would always throw a little cash on top to make it go away.  

Still feel like what I'm asking for is more than fair. 

• Like 1

Tesla Releases New Design Drawing for Chinese "Cyber Car"

Tesla announced plans to build a design studio and R&D center in China in order to build a car and in the announcement, it released a new design drawing.

At an event for the start of made-in-China Model 3 deliveries to customers and the launch of the Model Y program last week, CEO Elon Musk said Tesla will design an electric car in China for the global market...

This is what will blow the lid off of the EV market. Basically, a Model 3, but more compact and perhaps 2/3 the price. If they make this car, it'll sell f***tons.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jb1020 said:

Yeah, I feel like my next move is to call this adjuster and ask to speak to the manager.  I used to be an adjuster 15 years ago.  People would do that to me and the manager would always throw a little cash on top to make it go away.  

Still feel like what I'm asking for is more than fair. 

When your car is totaled the entire game is stacked against you.  They are simply trying to lowball you to buy your car off of you, keeping in mind they get to sell the skeleton you left for parts.  

If you have the time, you can start pulling comps in the area.  If you have a dealer you are working with or a lease agent or something the will often do this work for you. with 3-4 comps you can put this back on them or start talking arbitration.  

Did you file any medical?

I'm just assuming they hired attorneys.  The guy in the lead car acted like he was.  I'll let them know attorneys have been cold calling me and I'd rather not go that route.  

I think we're at an impasse this morning.  They asked me yesterday to provide them with 3 comps of my own, which I did.  I found 3, pretty similar cars within 500 miles of me.  One was $49,989, $47989 and $48,000...And none we're advertised as having any sort of warranty.  They all had between 30k -5k miles.  

They replied back with, "we looked at them and we are still satisfied with our offer."   They are offering $45,200.  We're not that far off from what would make me happy and feel like I've been made whole.  We're arguing over $6-7k at this point.  I'm giving my warranty a $3,000 value.  Nothing to back that up, it just seems fair.  

Call on the comps and make them an offer near $45,000 and see what they say.  Also, don't forget that the insurance company owes you tax and title.

28 minutes ago, D-Day said:

Call on the comps and make them an offer near $45,000 and see what they say.  Also, don't forget that the insurance company owes you tax and title.

One thing you can sometimes get away with is having them pay what your original tax and title was, not on the amount they are comping you for.  Gap insurance would typically cover a gap to this number too.

• Like 1

WRT to China...

Look at the line at the DMV

also

Model 3 in China Sold Out - Next Deliveries in Q2

Apparently, China has relaxed the taxes where EVs are tax free, and plate fees for non-EV are difficult to get and quite expensive. Making a Tesla around 30% cheaper than a Camry. It seems China is quite serious about moving off of ICE vehicles.

Finally agreed on an amount..$46,675.  Fighting and arguing for a week got me an extra $3600.  It was worth the wait.  

Unfortunately, I'm not replacing the 3 just yet.  My wifes van hit the skids this summer so it make sense to get her a new ride.  

I do look pretty much every day and today was the first time I noticed used Model 3's pop up on the Tesla website.  Its been a while since they have had anything.  They seem to be coming down a little.  Saw a LR AWD 3 with 19k miles plus AP for $43k this morning.  That made me feel better about my settlement.  

Rumor is the model Y deliveries will start rolling out within a month.  I'm holding out hope that when they really ramp up production of the Y the used 3 market will be driven down.  I don't mind buying a used 3.   I'll be anxious as hell by summer time though.  I want a good look at the Y before pulling the trigger.  

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

Finally agreed on an amount..$46,675.  Fighting and arguing for a week got me an extra $3600.  It was worth the wait.  

Unfortunately, I'm not replacing the 3 just yet.  My wifes van hit the skids this summer so it make sense to get her a new ride.  

I do look pretty much every day and today was the first time I noticed used Model 3's pop up on the Tesla website.  Its been a while since they have had anything.  They seem to be coming down a little.  Saw a LR AWD 3 with 19k miles plus AP for $43k this morning.  That made me feel better about my settlement.  

Rumor is the model Y deliveries will start rolling out within a month.  I'm holding out hope that when they really ramp up production of the Y the used 3 market will be driven down.  I don't mind buying a used 3.   I'll be anxious as hell by summer time though.  I want a good look at the Y before pulling the trigger.  

Glad you got close to what you wanted. Definitely worth fighting for.

Looking around here I see some used 3's where I didn't before, but they are all FSD cars which doesn't interest me at the moment. Prices of cars w/ 15k-20k miles are about the same as a brand new model without FSD.

22 minutes ago, Worm said:

Glad you got close to what you wanted. Definitely worth fighting for.

Looking around here I see some used 3's where I didn't before, but they are all FSD cars which doesn't interest me at the moment. Prices of cars w/ 15k-20k miles are about the same as a brand new model without FSD.

I've heard a lot of chatter about people regretting paying the $7k for FSD.  I've never experienced it, but they say its just not ready yet.   I wouldn't pay for the upgrade yet.  

1 hour ago, jb1020 said:

I've heard a lot of chatter about people regretting paying the $7k for FSD.  I've never experienced it, but they say its just not ready yet.   I wouldn't pay for the upgrade yet.  

This is where I'm at.  Functionality really isn't there yet and I have some concerns with Tesla's camera only system that it ever will be, inclement weather is going to be a problem that cameras alone will not solve.  Now saying that, if they chopped the price in half to $3500 I would probably bite just because, but as of right now the FSD stuff is pretty much all gimmick, low use things.

44 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

This is where I'm at.  Functionality really isn't there yet and I have some concerns with Tesla's camera only system that it ever will be, inclement weather is going to be a problem that cameras alone will not solve.  Now saying that, if they chopped the price in half to $3500 I would probably bite just because, but as of right now the FSD stuff is pretty much all gimmick, low use things.

The way FSD handles construction zones and emergency vehicle operation is also a concern.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Foosball God said:

My guess is the price comes down, thats just a hunch though.  I don't think many people are buying it now.  

I had autopilot on a trial and I loved it for highway driving.  Its basically cruise control assist, keeps you in your lane and keeps you a certain distance from the car in front of you.  Thats all I really want.  

18 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

My guess is the price comes down, thats just a hunch though.  I don't think many people are buying it now.  

I had autopilot on a trial and I loved it for highway driving.  Its basically cruise control assist, keeps you in your lane and keeps you a certain distance from the car in front of you.  Thats all I really want.  

That's what I have.  The biggest reason for me to go for FSD would be to get HW3, I got one of the last 2.5s.  I probably should have waited an extra month or so when the HW3s were out.

I don't love it. I get the need for it to be hyper-sensitive, but at some point I'm going to get rear-ended because my car can't tell the difference between a car in front of me in my lane and a car in the next lane to my right when we go around a bend.

• Like 1