Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

welp, just got rear ended in my 3.  F-550 hit me so hard I went into the 2 cars in front of me.   I got it all on my dash cam.  I'll figure out how to load that up later and post some pics.  I fi

Picked up my new Model 3 today. Did not play with any autopilot features, was mostly on back roads and wanted the full experience. One pedal driving is so much fun on roads with lots of curves. So is

Just put in my order for a Model 3 LR RWD

19 hours ago, culdeus said:

I mean how about this theory.

Guy gets in the car, not being familiar with the power and floors it and loses control mistaking gas for break and hits the trees, he then crawls over the driver seat because the door was stuck closed and tried to get out and burned alive.  

It's been speculated (I don't trust anything) the passenger was not wearing seatbelt. 

I think it's highly likely FSD/AP/EAP/CC was not in use for even one rotation of the wheel.  It's just too hard to get it to engage as it is when running with stripes, let alone from a dead stop where there are no stripes.

-----------------

The actions required above are from the perspective of a Model S/X owner, my Model 3 is all right stalk controlled for this with the increase coming from the right scroll wheel.  That (Model 3) would be a lot easier to mess with from the passenger seat.  So you are now asking passenger to reach across the wheel (in this situation) to get to the stalk of the S/X.

-------------------

TLDR I doubt AP played even the slightest role in any of this.

Or, a third person was in the driver's seat and was able to flee. There are many scenarios that make more sense than auto-pilot. It's not worth jumping through mental gymnastics to find a way that AP could have caused the accident until there's actual evidence that it did. The only evidence so far, is the assumption by the constable, who also said the fire burned out of control for 4 hours. Which also turns out to be not true:

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-battery-fire-fud-debunked-tx-fire-chief/

51 minutes ago, Dragons said:

Or, a third person was in the driver's seat and was able to flee. There are many scenarios that make more sense than auto-pilot. It's not worth jumping through mental gymnastics to find a way that AP could have caused the accident until there's actual evidence that it did. The only evidence so far, is the assumption by the constable, who also said the fire burned out of control for 4 hours. Which also turns out to be not true:

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-battery-fire-fud-debunked-tx-fire-chief/

If there was a driver, he closed the door back on departing the car, or jumped out the window that was about the size of a washing machine window.  Then there were witnesses that saw the car driving off, all of them have aligned to say there were just two in the car and stuck with that story.  Care to explain that?

Edited by culdeus
9 minutes ago, culdeus said:

If there was a driver, he closed the door back on departing the car, or jumped out the window that was about the size of a washing machine window.  Then there were witnesses that saw the car driving off, all of them have aligned to say there were just two in the car and stuck with that story.  Care to explain that?

I am not investigating the accident, I'm just speculating as much as everyone else. 

However, witnesses could be protecting someone they know that made a huge mistake.

I am agreeing with you that AP does not make sense and am offering another possibility that is more likely (IMO) than AP.

Edited by Dragons

There have been a few new electric vehicles released in the last 2 weeks and they are all luxury cars with tons of gadgets.

I do not want auto-pilot, adaptive cruise control, giant monitors, power seats, lane departure warning, etc.  All I want is AWD with lots of power and lots of batteries.

The problem is the cheap ones do not have enough power and as soon as a car manufacture adds power they add all the luxury items.

Hopefully soon the manufacturers will release more options in the electric car market.

:edit:

Adding links for the two new useless electric vehicles.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-mercedes-benz-eqs-first-look-review/

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/04/this-electric-fastback-is-the-next-audi-a6-e-tron-due-in-late-2022/

Edited by MTskibum
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, MTskibum said:

There have been a few new electric vehicles released in the last 2 weeks and they are all luxury cars with tons of gadgets.

I do not want auto-pilot, adaptive cruise control, giant monitors, power seats, lane departure warning, etc.  All I want is AWD with lots of power and lots of batteries.

The problem is the cheap ones do not have enough power and as soon as a car manufacture adds power they add all the luxury items.

Hopefully soon the manufacturers will release more options in the electric car market.

:edit:

Adding links for the two new useless electric vehicles.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-mercedes-benz-eqs-first-look-review/

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/04/this-electric-fastback-is-the-next-audi-a6-e-tron-due-in-late-2022/

I think these attack the Model S segment quite well.  There is as much profit in luxury car as the MSRP in economy cars, so it's understandable why these are being released.  

The refresh S/X are underwhelming (imo)  

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2021 at 8:32 AM, Dragons said:

I am not investigating the accident, I'm just speculating as much as everyone else. 

However, witnesses could be protecting someone they know that made a huge mistake.

I am agreeing with you that AP does not make sense and am offering another possibility that is more likely (IMO) than AP.

They now have video of the passengers entering the car, one driver side and one passenger side.  AFAIK there won't be any other information released as all the black box stuff simply burned up.

Edited by culdeus
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Got a notification Tuesday that my 12V battery needed to be changed. It has 65,000 miles on it, but I'm in the last 6 mos of my 3 yr/ 36,000 mi warranty (bought used from Tesla).

Went on the app Weds and scheduled a mobile appt for Thursday morning between 8:30-12:30. Guy pulled into my driveway at 9:30 and swapped out the battery, made sure all my firmware was updated, told me I probably have a couple thousand miles left on my current set of tires, and was out of here by 10:00. No charge.

He also told me, while he was in the middle of changing it that he'd, "Never seen a car like yours before." Not really what you want to hear while someone is working on your car.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
Wine
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 years, 17k miles and I haven't done a damn thing maintenance wise for my 2019 Model 3.  I had one fault message that resulted in mobile service replacing a wiring harness under the passenger seat.  Took him all of 15 minutes.

12 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

He also told me, while he was in the middle of changing it that he'd, "Never seen a car like yours before." Not really what you want to hear while someone is working on your car.

did he elaborate?  ...or just let that thing float and stink up the place?

1 hour ago, Binky The Doormat said:

did he elaborate?  ...or just let that thing float and stink up the place?

My car is a '15 S. They changed the body type that year, so some '15s have the nose cone and some are the newer style, without. 

They made other changes as well, and the '15s with the nose cone have the old battery placement, but the wiring is consistent with the new body style. So, he took off the frame of the frunk expecting to see one thing, found the battery where he thought he would, and discovered everything else was different. It was a mix of what he sees between two different body styles, a first for him. 

• Thanks 1