What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ANARCHY LEAGUE 3 (1 Viewer)

Thomas Jones in the 4th. Ugh. But I guess when you bypass RB in the 1st and 2nd, you've got to pay a price. :bag:

we need 6 more for mbsl 1

bass is allowing people to sign up for more than one so we can fill it

he also removed mandatory trades

they are encouraged but not required

I got a question. I thought that your flex position had to be drafted after your roster was complete? Not sure if thats true or not, but Z-dog drafted 5 straight RB's outta the gate. I got no problem with it, but if were gonna have to go back and change a bunch of picks after the fact, we should just do it now.

I got a question. I thought that your flex position had to be drafted after your roster was complete? Not sure if thats true or not, but Z-dog drafted 5 straight RB's outta the gate. I got no problem with it, but if were gonna have to go back and change a bunch of picks after the fact, we should just do it now.
You can draft 5 RB's without involving the flex.Regardless though...I think you can draft your flex position at any time...and do not have to do it in round 18.

Each team needs the following 17 players:

Number of Starting TMQBs: 2

Number of Starting RBs: 4

Number of Starting WRs: 5

Number of Starting TEs: 2

Number of Starting PKs: 2

Number of Starting Defs: 2

In addition, each team is allowed one flex, either a RB, WR, or TE.

If someone picked 5 straight RB, that team now has its RB and FLEX completed and needs all the other spots going forward.

The system is *SUPPOSED* to prevent people from having too many at any position, so if this team ends up with another RB somehow, let me know ASAP, as that is a no no.

You can elect to fill your flex spot whenever you want, but whoever that player is, that's who you get--there's no changing the player.

Each team needs the following 17 players:Number of Starting TMQBs: 2 Number of Starting RBs: 4 Number of Starting WRs: 5 Number of Starting TEs: 2 Number of Starting PKs: 2 Number of Starting Defs: 2 In addition, each team is allowed one flex, either a RB, WR, or TE.If someone picked 5 straight RB, that team now has its RB and FLEX completed and needs all the other spots going forward.The system is *SUPPOSED* to prevent people from having too many at any position, so if this team ends up with another RB somehow, let me know ASAP, as that is a no no.You can elect to fill your flex spot whenever you want, but whoever that player is, that's who you get--there's no changing the player.
Ok, sounds good David. Thanks for clearing that up.

My Team would have been a beast...in 2004.

Jackal King

QB1 Daunte Culpepper / Joey Harrington

RB1 Shaun Alexander

RB2 Chester Taylor

RB3 Ahman Green

WR1 Chris Chambers

WR2 Deion Branch

WR3 Javon Walker

Code:
Jiggyonthehut 31 minutes 6 Jackal King 18 minutes 7 renesauz 11 minutes 7 Jimmy D 1 hour, 33 minutes 7 gocats 4 hours, 6 minutes 6 Reaper 16 minutes 6 Bruno2 1 hour, 29 minutes 6 Duckboy 1 hour, 56 minutes 6 Flying Porkchops 23 minutes 6 nightshift 1 hour, 2 minutes 6 Just Win Baby 37 minutes 6 bicylce seat sniffer 33 minutes 6 Pimpin' Ain't Easy 1 hour, 50 minutes 6 Thrown to the Frogs 48 minutes 6 Fiddles 54 minutes 6 Dreamers 15 minutes 6

1.11: Ronnie Brown2.6: Torry Holt3.11: Todd Heap:pickle:
1.11: Ronnie Brown2.6: Torry Holt3.11: Todd Heap4.6: Fred Taylor5.11: Randy McMichael6.6: Lee Evans7.11: Green Bay Team QB8.6: Washington Team QBI'm pumped to get Washington as the 21st Team QB off the board. Last season they ranked 9th in this scoring system, passing numbers only (i.e., no QB rushing). And, if anything, I think they improved their passing game in the offseason. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiddles said:
nightshift were you in this thing last year?interesting strategy going indie qb and new england qb first 2 rds :popcorn:
no rbs through 7 rounds! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Funny thing is you act like your good to go with Barber III, and Dillion. I like your WR's but thats about it. Worry about your sqaud stud.

Fiddles said:
nightshift were you in this thing last year?interesting strategy going indie qb and new england qb first 2 rds :popcorn:
Funny thing is you act like your good to go with Barber III, and Dillion. I like your WR's but thats about it. Worry about your sqaud stud.
Don't mistake my intentions. I am not worrying about nightshifts team nor criticizing his drafting style. Part of the fun of this league for me is seeing others strategies. I thought nightshifts was different enough to share here. If I was criticizing I woulda made one of these :loco: instead of one of these :popcorn: Knowing the scoring with the ppr, I feel im fairly balanced through 8 rounds with 1qb 2 rb 3 wr 2 teEdit to add I see you have no rbs either. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: ;)

Jimmy D emailed me his pick. The problem, of course, is that guy went almost 3 rounds ago. I will email him and hopefully he'll give me another specific choice. (He gave me some other instructions, but I'm not sure he would want who he vaguely wanted me to pick for him.)

I won't be drafting any other RBs - came in wanting to grab 5 RBs within the first six rounds. Loved getting Joe Horn in the sixth too - he is WAAAY undervalued imo.

Wish we weren't stalled out, as I am out of town next weekend and was really hoping we would be done by then.

Jimmy D emailed me his pick. The problem, of course, is that guy went almost 3 rounds ago. I will email him and hopefully he'll give me another specific choice. (He gave me some other instructions, but I'm not sure he would want who he vaguely wanted me to pick for him.)
Pick made . . . moving on.

Don't mistake my intentions. I am not worrying about nightshifts team nor criticizing his drafting style. Part of the fun of this league for me is seeing others strategies. I thought nightshifts was different enough to share here. If I was criticizing I woulda made one of these :loco: instead of one of these :popcorn: Knowing the scoring with the ppr, I feel im fairly balanced through 8 rounds with 1qb 2 rb 3 wr 2 teEdit to add I see you have no rbs either. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: ;)
Actually thru 10 rounds & no RB in sight. I admit its different, but again, we are not going h2h here. Most points wins & TEs get double (2) points /reception.First timer with 2 QBs and a total point format. I wanted to stay away from the usual RB frenzy and go for the most points production player available and still needed on the roster.Might flop, might win, but we'll see! :football:Edit: team roster after 10 roundsQB: Indy, NERB:WR: Burress, KennisonTE: Gonzo, Vernon Davis, WinslowPK: VinatieriD: CAR, CHI

I hear the thinking, and I salute your testicular fortitude. But I think you're going to miss a lot of points from having absolutely no NFL starting RBs. Of course, I went RB through five rounds, so now I HAVE to think this way.

:banned:

While my team has a hole at TE, I rather have WR/RB balance myself.
Explain the need for team balance when you are not in a head to head or weekly format. The only win/loss here is by total point production.
Your not gonna win any league without RB production.
I'll have RB production - just not LJ level production. Quit dodgin' - explain the need for team balance in a total point foramt.

Explain the need for team balance when you are not in a head to head or weekly format. The only win/loss here is by total point production.
I'll have RB production - just not LJ level production. Quit dodgin' - explain the need for team balance in a total point foramt.
I said I'd rather have it. (balance) You think you can win a points championship without solid RB production?

My opinion and this can be debated up and down.. But, in this format we have to fill slots.. Looks like a few of us realized that at some point the value of the QB slot is basically locked in and we can wait til the last rounds since EVERYONE is guaranteed a Team QB.... Heck, I'll take the Jets. How much is a 10th round Team QB really going to outscore the 18th round over what you get at other positions?

But, for the RB slots, it's very possible you can wind up with ZERO'S there's no such guarantees... Yeah, the backups and 3rd stringers of the world may play and may turn into top 10 RB's but, to me that approach is the Ultimate Risk, swing for the fences approach, if a few RB's hit late, the rest of your team should be OK, well, if you drafted well elsewhere and that's a whole different debate.

So, to me, the name of the game is not only getting the best value and highest scoring players in the 1st part of the draft but, also looking head to avoid possible ZERO's in the later half.

That's what some sort of balance can bring.... Avoiding Zeros which will quickly eat up any percieved advantage of having an early QB over the QB in the LAST round of the draft.

Just throwing that out there...... :popcorn:

Shoot me down if you must - I wasn't in Anarchy last year and could be missing the boat.

This is also my first year in this format, and I'm not sure I like the decisions I have made, especially in the past few rounds. But I want to post on QB value in this format.

First, check out how NFL passing games fared in this scoring system last year (passing numbers only, no QB rushing included):

327.84 Indianapolis

316.80 Cincinnati

302.80 New England

269.80 San Diego

268.32 Seattle

261.48 Arizona

253.12 NY Giants

252.24 Washington

251.44 St. Louis

248.84 Carolina

241.60 Jacksonville

241.28 Oakland

237.64 Dallas

235.88 Tennessee

234.40 Kansas City

233.08 Philadelphia

232.00 Miami

223.08 Denver

215.04 Pittsburgh

210.64 Green Bay

201.84 Minnesota

195.16 Atlanta

189.60 Tampa Bay

183.52 Baltimore

176.60 Buffalo

176.12 Cleveland

175.72 New Orleans

167.92 Detroit

153.48 Houston

141.68 NY Jets

116.08 Chicago

81.92 San Francisco

Someone mentioned that it's fine to take the Jets. Well, last year there was a 91 point dropoff from Team QB 17 (Miami) to the Jets (Team QB 30). That's pretty steep. Granted, rushing numbers will change these numbers somewhat, but I think this is representative enough except for Atlanta. And obviously these are last year's numbers, so I'm not suggesting that they are representative of who should be at the bottom this year.

While I agree with waiting on QBs in the early rounds, that is a steep dropoff that occurred at the bottom of the QB list last year. It was one of my goals to avoid having to take one of the bottom 6 passing games. I achieved that by taking the 18th & 21st QBs off the board, Green Bay and Washington, and getting good value there IMO.

This is also my first year in this format, and I'm not sure I like the decisions I have made, especially in the past few rounds. But I want to post on QB value in this format.First, check out how NFL passing games fared in this scoring system last year (passing numbers only, no QB rushing included):327.84 Indianapolis316.80 Cincinnati302.80 New England269.80 San Diego268.32 Seattle261.48 Arizona253.12 NY Giants252.24 Washington251.44 St. Louis248.84 Carolina241.60 Jacksonville241.28 Oakland237.64 Dallas235.88 Tennessee234.40 Kansas City233.08 Philadelphia232.00 Miami223.08 Denver215.04 Pittsburgh210.64 Green Bay201.84 Minnesota195.16 Atlanta189.60 Tampa Bay183.52 Baltimore176.60 Buffalo176.12 Cleveland175.72 New Orleans167.92 Detroit153.48 Houston141.68 NY Jets116.08 Chicago81.92 San FranciscoSomeone mentioned that it's fine to take the Jets. Well, last year there was a 91 point dropoff from Team QB 17 (Miami) to the Jets (Team QB 30). That's pretty steep. Granted, rushing numbers will change these numbers somewhat, but I think this is representative enough except for Atlanta. And obviously these are last year's numbers, so I'm not suggesting that they are representative of who should be at the bottom this year.While I agree with waiting on QBs in the early rounds, that is a steep dropoff that occurred at the bottom of the QB list last year. It was one of my goals to avoid having to take one of the bottom 6 passing games. I achieved that by taking the 18th & 21st QBs off the board, Green Bay and Washington, and getting good value there IMO.
I was considering washington but you get no points if portis or randle el throws for tds. Not sure how often they will do that but was something to consider.

I said I'd rather have it. (balance) You think you can win a points championship without solid RB production?
In this format, quite possibly yes (never did it, so we'll see). Again, it is about point porduction and who is available. Example: in the first two rounds, I took Manning and Brady. Why? no other 2 players were left on the board that had their projected FF numbers. Same with Gonzo, etc. It wasn't that I did not want to take a RB, but becuase I am drafting for SEASON numbers (not weekly numbers), I thought it best to go for the top point producer available at each pick. The only other criteria I used was to pick players from likely playoff teams when possible.Like I said, we'll see. I know you said it, but you still haven't answered why you think you need balance. Balance squads work well in H2H formats. Almost a requirement. However, I can't see the need here.

In this format, quite possibly yes (never did it, so we'll see). Again, it is about point porduction and who is available. Example: in the first two rounds, I took Manning and Brady. Why? no other 2 players were left on the board that had their projected FF numbers. Same with Gonzo, etc. It wasn't that I did not want to take a RB, but becuase I am drafting for SEASON numbers (not weekly numbers), I thought it best to go for the top point producer available at each pick. The only other criteria I used was to pick players from likely playoff teams when possible.Like I said, we'll see. I know you said it, but you still haven't answered why you think you need balance. Balance squads work well in H2H formats. Almost a requirement. However, I can't see the need here.
yep my first year in this format too, I admit I slept on TE's too long. i think the gaping hole you & pimpin have at RB will prevent you from winning this league. A more balanced squad with solid production at RB & wr , and average te/qb production will win this league.

This is also my first year in this format, and I'm not sure I like the decisions I have made, especially in the past few rounds. But I want to post on QB value in this format.First, check out how NFL passing games fared in this scoring system last year (passing numbers only, no QB rushing included):327.84 Indianapolis316.80 Cincinnati302.80 New England269.80 San Diego268.32 Seattle261.48 Arizona253.12 NY Giants252.24 Washington251.44 St. Louis248.84 Carolina241.60 Jacksonville241.28 Oakland237.64 Dallas235.88 Tennessee234.40 Kansas City233.08 Philadelphia232.00 Miami223.08 Denver215.04 Pittsburgh210.64 Green Bay201.84 Minnesota195.16 Atlanta189.60 Tampa Bay183.52 Baltimore176.60 Buffalo176.12 Cleveland175.72 New Orleans167.92 Detroit153.48 Houston141.68 NY Jets116.08 Chicago81.92 San FranciscoSomeone mentioned that it's fine to take the Jets. Well, last year there was a 91 point dropoff from Team QB 17 (Miami) to the Jets (Team QB 30). That's pretty steep. Granted, rushing numbers will change these numbers somewhat, but I think this is representative enough except for Atlanta. And obviously these are last year's numbers, so I'm not suggesting that they are representative of who should be at the bottom this year.While I agree with waiting on QBs in the early rounds, that is a steep dropoff that occurred at the bottom of the QB list last year. It was one of my goals to avoid having to take one of the bottom 6 passing games. I achieved that by taking the 18th & 21st QBs off the board, Green Bay and Washington, and getting good value there IMO.
Thanks for adding Numbers to my Theory from my ###.... :D The only thing I can say in my defense is that the team QB's at the bottom of the list were Not (And I'm talking out of my ### again)... For the most part, the Team QB's projected pre-season to finish at the bottom ....Looks like some of the bottom teams suffered major injuries like the Jets... I don't see the Jets or Chicago passing games being nearly as bad as they were last year IF healthy.I'd say, generally speaking your worst 5 Team QB's are going to include a good % of Injury Ravaged Offenses and you can't predict injuries.. So, I still say at some point in THIS draft the valu eof the QB spot is almost a lock, depending of course how you personally value the few Offenses left.

Well, we will see. My first time in a total points league also. To me it just seems like I should be able to make up most of the groud lost at RB, with production at Qb, and TE since everyone is required to play 2. I feel like everyone will have some dead weight on the bottom of thier roster. Mine will just happen to be at RB. Without PPR for RB's I just don't see them as being as productive as the other positions. Like I said. We will see.

:popcorn:

Well, we will see. My first time in a total points league also. To me it just seems like I should be able to make up most of the groud lost at RB, with production at Qb, and TE since everyone is required to play 2. I feel like everyone will have some dead weight on the bottom of thier roster. Mine will just happen to be at RB. Without PPR for RB's I just don't see them as being as productive as the other positions. Like I said. We will see. :popcorn:
Agreed. No PPR for RBs is exactly why the projections worked out with RBs not being the main points producers. Examples: 25th WR (Galloway) is projected to outproduce the 12th RB (E James).2nd TE (Gonzo) is projected to produce the same as 4th RB (Tiki).13th TE (Winslow) is projected to outproduce the 18th RB (MacGhee).1st DEF (Carolina) is projected to outproduce the 19th RB (Dunn). (Note: so will the 2nd DEF Chicago).Only LJ is projected to outproduce Peyton Manning.These numbers are based on this league's scoring system and I am only looking at annual production.

I'll just add my particular twist to the strategy here. As a few have mentioned....balance is not as important as points. So, the absence of 4 RB's is not necessarily a death nell...but....I think you're going to need to find at least a moderate level of production out of the RB's you eventually get. If you get a whole season of low scores at RB...I think you're cooked....regardless of how well you do at the other positions.

I really emphasized the value of the post season when I made my selections. I ranked each of the conferences from best to worst...and I concluded that there were 5 teams I wouldn't pcik from unless there was very significant value. There were 15 teams that I would pick from if there was decent value. And, there were 12 teams that I would not be afraid to reach a little bit for.

My biggest problem is TE...as after the top 8-10....they all look the same. So, everytime it's been my turn to choose...someone shows up with a lot more value. So...I'm going to be scraping the barrel at TE. But...I'd much rather be looking for 2 over achieving TE's, than 4 over achieving RB's.

We'll see how everything works out. Injuries are going to be a BIG factor in who wins this thing, regardless of how all of us chose to develop a draft strategy.

I'll just add my particular twist to the strategy here. As a few have mentioned....balance is not as important as points. So, the absence of 4 RB's is not necessarily a death nell...but....I think you're going to need to find at least a moderate level of production out of the RB's you eventually get. If you get a whole season of low scores at RB...I think you're cooked....regardless of how well you do at the other positions.I really emphasized the value of the post season when I made my selections. I ranked each of the conferences from best to worst...and I concluded that there were 5 teams I wouldn't pcik from unless there was very significant value. There were 15 teams that I would pick from if there was decent value. And, there were 12 teams that I would not be afraid to reach a little bit for. My biggest problem is TE...as after the top 8-10....they all look the same. So, everytime it's been my turn to choose...someone shows up with a lot more value. So...I'm going to be scraping the barrel at TE. But...I'd much rather be looking for 2 over achieving TE's, than 4 over achieving RB's.We'll see how everything works out. Injuries are going to be a BIG factor in who wins this thing, regardless of how all of us chose to develop a draft strategy.
My general strategy has been to go where the points are. I would rather take a full time TE or WR with a decent chance of making the post season than a RB that is set up to split time or lose a big chunk of the workload.Unlike a HTH league, this is a marathon not a one week sprint. It doesn't matter where you get your points from, and I am convinced that a team can practically take ZEROES at some roster spots and still win provided they got a lot of points at their other roster spots.

I'll just add my particular twist to the strategy here. As a few have mentioned....balance is not as important as points. So, the absence of 4 RB's is not necessarily a death nell...but....I think you're going to need to find at least a moderate level of production out of the RB's you eventually get. If you get a whole season of low scores at RB...I think you're cooked....regardless of how well you do at the other positions.I really emphasized the value of the post season when I made my selections. I ranked each of the conferences from best to worst...and I concluded that there were 5 teams I wouldn't pcik from unless there was very significant value. There were 15 teams that I would pick from if there was decent value. And, there were 12 teams that I would not be afraid to reach a little bit for. My biggest problem is TE...as after the top 8-10....they all look the same. So, everytime it's been my turn to choose...someone shows up with a lot more value. So...I'm going to be scraping the barrel at TE. But...I'd much rather be looking for 2 over achieving TE's, than 4 over achieving RB's.We'll see how everything works out. Injuries are going to be a BIG factor in who wins this thing, regardless of how all of us chose to develop a draft strategy.
:goodposting: Adding a couple of things - because (well except for one flex slot) we know exactly how many RBs, WRs, etc will be drafted and we don't have to choose starters, VBD based on worst starter is of the utmost importance. Then it really becomes a game of chicken as to when you can get said value.The two killing factors will be injuries (as an eliminator for some and booster for others) and who makes the playoffs (bonus pts).

My general strategy has been to go where the points are. I would rather take a full time TE or WR with a decent chance of making the post season than a RB that is set up to split time or lose a big chunk of the workload.Unlike a HTH league, this is a marathon not a one week sprint. It doesn't matter where you get your points from, and I am convinced that a team can practically take ZEROES at some roster spots and still win provided they got a lot of points at their other roster spots.
I don't disagree. However...I also don't think all zeros have the same impact. I think if you are going to concede a zero, aren't you better off doing so with a TE as opposed to a RB?In other words....isn't the overall 'loss' of points less if you take a zero at TE1 as opposed to RB1?

I don't disagree. However...I also don't think all zeros have the same impact. I think if you are going to concede a zero, aren't you better off doing so with a TE as opposed to a RB?In other words....isn't the overall 'loss' of points less if you take a zero at TE1 as opposed to RB1?
Actually, it's probably the opposite since by definition a TE gets bonus points for receptions while RBs don't. Either way, a zero is a zero. For example, last year the teams in the running scored over 3,000 total points. In theory, if you had 10 guys that scored 300 points and 8 zeroes, you'd have had a decent chance of winning.There will be ways to still have guys that score minimal points that hurt you less than others will--but I will let each person figure out in their own mind how to accomplish that. You're guaranteed 4 roster spots that CAN'T put up goose eggs in the team categories, so you really have 14 other player spots to worry about.The whole intent of the league was to get people to come up with different strategies and we certainly have seen a wide range of plans of attack.Joe T from last year insists that this league is based soley on luck--whoever has healhy players will win and those with injuries will lose. I don't think it's as simple as that, as even the winning teams had guys that got hurt or bombed production wise.

I'll just add my particular twist to the strategy here. As a few have mentioned....balance is not as important as points. So, the absence of 4 RB's is not necessarily a death nell...but....I think you're going to need to find at least a moderate level of production out of the RB's you eventually get. If you get a whole season of low scores at RB...I think you're cooked....regardless of how well you do at the other positions.

I really emphasized the value of the post season when I made my selections. I ranked each of the conferences from best to worst...and I concluded that there were 5 teams I wouldn't pcik from unless there was very significant value. There were 15 teams that I would pick from if there was decent value. And, there were 12 teams that I would not be afraid to reach a little bit for.

My biggest problem is TE...as after the top 8-10....they all look the same. So, everytime it's been my turn to choose...someone shows up with a lot more value. So...I'm going to be scraping the barrel at TE. But...I'd much rather be looking for 2 over achieving TE's, than 4 over achieving RB's.

We'll see how everything works out. Injuries are going to be a BIG factor in who wins this thing, regardless of how all of us chose to develop a draft strategy.
This exactly how I felt just about everytime I picked. Why take a Rb who will be in a RBBC situation, when I can grab a top 5 TE, or top 10 QB. It kept getting worse, and worse everytime I picked, so I just decided early to wait on Rb even if it meant winding up with nothing. I would have taken Edge in the first, but everytime after that I felt like the value was at another position.

I'm using the DD to track the draft.

nightshift is putting the importance of drafting both RBs and WRs early to the test. Using the default (latest) projections in the DD and looking at team strength, nightshift has and will maintain the highest projected points at QB, TE, K, and Defense, and the highest overall point total thus far (with all teams complete through 12, expect jiggy). And his flex is covered by a very good TE (either Winslow or Vernon Davis, whichever you'd rank lower). However, he currently has only 1 RB and 2 WR.

Pimpin' is also testing this for RBs, but in a more "traditional" way than nightshift, with 5 WRs and 0 Ks drafted thus far, along with 2 QBs, 2 TEs, and 2 Defenses, but only 1 RB.

And my team, with only 2 RBs is kind of distantly bringing up the rear on the late RB strategy.

:popcorn:

Probably the best thing about this league format is that it spurs a lot of creative draft strategies. :thumbup:

Points are points. Doesn't matter who produces them, as long as you get them. 0 = zero no matter where it's at on your roster.Let's say you drafted Ronnie Brown. Barring injuries, if both played to their projected levels, Gonzo (round 3 pick) would outproduce Brown (round 1 pick). So what happens if my later round picks outscore your earlier round picks? :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread