What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBGs No Longer Partnered With FFTOC (1 Viewer)

radballs

Footballguy
Comments?

I'm not a big fan of the format myself. Not a big loss to me at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the loss is to FFTOC because it stood to gain a ton by partnering w/ FBG in terms of exposure, credibility, and marketing to FBGers.

Is there really that much glory in winning these overblown national affairs?

Sure, there's a money payout if you are real skilled and real lucky. But will anyone really care if you got to snap pictures with Suzy Kolber on a beach in Hawaii while holding a huge novelty check? I'd think you'd catch more grief than admiration for it.

Joe did the right thing! :thumbup: This says a lot about Joe's character, FFTOC took a partners information and tried to use it for their own gain (selfish##### :yucky: ).

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Joe and David, and that respect went up another level.

Joe did the right thing! :thumbup: This says a lot about Joe's character, FFTOC took a partners information and tried to use it for their own gain (selfish##### :yucky: ).I have a tremendous amount of respect for Joe and David, and that respect went up another level.
:goodposting: exactly. Spamers

big ups to Joe and David....I just went looking for that thread about the emails and saw it got deleted already. I hadnt tracked the entire thing and wantedto see the carnage.

I am proud to be a part of the FBGs team......sometimes you just have to take the high ground, no matter the cost.

It's too bad.

I really like the FFTOC format and it was a breath of fresh air in a hobby that hasn't offered much new in the last several years. I hope the FFTOC still does well and finds another partner out there. Too many cookie-cutter leagues on the web right now and FFTOC is certainly something different.

...But will anyone really care if you got to snap pictures with Suzy Kolber on a beach in Hawaii while holding a huge novelty check? I'd think you'd catch more grief than admiration for it.
Novelty check: $15Airfare to Hawaii: $800Being able to stand next to Suzy Kolber on the beach and tell her in a drunken slur, "I want to kiss you Suzy.": Priceless.There are some things money can't buy. For anything else, there is a drunken Joe Namath.

What happenend ... strictly my guess ...

Per Joe, FFTOC extracted the email address from the Login ID field from last year's Footballguy's FFTOC contest. FFTOC probably did not have permission to do this, however, I am guessing that they were not disallowed. Joe apparently thought this was an ethics issue and that FFTOC should have informed him.

FFTOC then traded this extracted email list to 4x4.com in exchange for FFTOC being able to advertise on the 4x4.com website. 4x4.com then sent out the spam email giving the recipient the impression that he won a free 4x4.com subscription. Later is was determined that everyone and their mother "won" the free subscription.

hey Joe,

I was thinking of joining the $60 FFTOC league because FBG was a partner..

Is there something wrong with FFTOC from a financal standpoint (ie. if i play will i get paid) or did your decision have to do strictly with ethics?

Thanks.

Joe did the right thing! :thumbup: This says a lot about Joe's character, FFTOC took a partners information and tried to use it for their own gain (selfish##### :yucky: ).
Is this the answer to "who used the FBG mailing list to send spam emails?"

If this decision was made as a result of the e-mail controversy, I have even more respect for Footballguys. It says that they choose their subscribers' privacy over business partnerships. That takes integrity.

Here's to everyone involved in the decision. :banned:

Is there really that much glory in winning these overblown national affairs?

Sure, there's a money payout if you are real skilled and real lucky. But will anyone really care if you got to snap pictures with Suzy Kolber on a beach in Hawaii while holding a huge novelty check? I'd think you'd catch more grief than admiration for it.
Its just the money. A 5 figure check is nice to put in the bank.

Comments? I'm not a big fan of the format myself. Not a big loss to me at least.
Wonder what this means for the freelance article winners, perhaps a redraft league now?
I'd love a redraft league for that.
CB, Did our posts get deleted out of this thread?
Yeah! I was just looking to see if you got wacked, LOL. I thought you were a bit tough on them, but it wasn't that bad. Now you'll have to join the Auction squad. :yes:Err..wait, Auction doesn't work. How about 2 regular redraft leagues with the auction guys and the FFTOC guys?

Comments? I'm not a big fan of the format myself. Not a big loss to me at least.
Wonder what this means for the freelance article winners, perhaps a redraft league now?
Yeah! I was just looking to see if you got wacked, LOL. I thought you were a bit tough on them, but it wasn't that bad. Now you'll have to join the Auction squad. :yes:Err..wait, Auction doesn't work. How about 2 regular redraft leagues with the auction guys and the FFTOC guys?
Interesting. I bet it was Shick. But I guess thats about right for him...I say something is true, FBG disagrees, it gets proven true, and then the evidence gets deleted.So yeah, with no FFTOC for the Message board team, are we doing another auction, or what?

Interesting. I bet it was Shick. But I guess thats about right for him...I say something is true, FBG disagrees, it gets proven true, and then the evidence gets deleted.So yeah, with no FFTOC for the Message board team, are we doing another auction, or what?
Well, there have been issues with the auction site, so I say that we do a real redraft league. That would be fun.

Well, there have been issues with the auction site, so I say that we do a real redraft league. That would be fun.
Sounds fine. I was looking forward to seeing a 16 week FFTOC game play out though.What was the issue with the auction site?

:goodposting:
Yeah, I liked the format of picking the team with a salary cap and then whomever on the team scores the most points is counted for that week and you have to be in the top half of your conference for the week in order to move on. I LOVED that format. I did not like picking players every week and not being able to pick them again....

I'm just interested now in finding out how long am I gonna have to put up with FFTOC spam mail ??

I never had anything to do with them till last seasons contest ... and now I'm getting email from them on a very regular basis ... just more spam so no big deal ... but it is the principal of the thing ... they had no right glomming onto Footballguys mail list from last years contest because that was a list provided to them on a business to business transaction and they had no right's to utilize that list without Footballguys permission I would imagine !

Bad Karma ... stealing from FBG's !!!

:football:

That #### is messed up if true. After I got the FFTOC email thinking I won something, I wrote back saying "Very nice of you guys. Thank you very much. Look forward to checking this out."

Dude writes back:

You are certainly welcome and congrats!

We hope you had some fun at the FFTOC last year and naturally hope you consider us in the future.

Have a great season, as this looks like a good one with TO in Dallas, C-pep in Miami, Larry Johnson now being "the man" in KC, etc..

Sounds fine. I was looking forward to seeing a 16 week FFTOC game play out though.What was the issue with the auction site?
Wasn't very stable, or at least Radballs said.... ;)

It's too bad. I really like the FFTOC format and it was a breath of fresh air in a hobby that hasn't offered much new in the last several years. I hope the FFTOC still does well and finds another partner out there. Too many cookie-cutter leagues on the web right now and FFTOC is certainly something different.
I don't think they are closing up shop.If you like the format, I'm sure you can still play. :thumbup: It was rumored to once be called "the true test of FF skill" by a high ranking member of this site.

I'm just interested now in finding out how long am I gonna have to put up with FFTOC spam mail ??I never had anything to do with them till last seasons contest ... and now I'm getting email from them on a very regular basis ... just more spam so no big deal ... but it is the principal of the thing ... they had no right glomming onto Footballguys mail list from last years contest because that was a list provided to them on a business to business transaction and they had no right's to utilize that list without Footballguys permission I would imagine !Bad Karma ... stealing from FBG's !!! :football:
Hi Map,It is their contention that when our FBG Subscribers entered the contest, their email addresses became part of the FFTOC database. We totally disagree. You guys that know me at all know how obsessed I get when it comes to protecting our guys emails. We have NEVER EVER allowed anyone to use our guy's emails for anything. This was no different. Their claim is that by entering the contest powered by FFTOC, that you "opted in" to their system and they can send you what they like. Again, we disagree.I have asked them repeatedly to remove all of the 2005 Footballguys Subscriber Contest emails from their database. To this point, they have not complied. They say they are "their" email addresses now. It's my sincere hope that they reverse that stance and remove your guys emails from their database.J

Seems to me that FFTOC is correct - I had no illusions that I could hide behind FBG when I signed up with FFTOC for the contest.

Still, my opinion is unimportant - good for Joe for standing up for his subscribers.

Way to stand up for your principles on this one J.AB
Can someone link me to the post where Joe B said that he split ties with FFTOC because they used FBG's email without permission?The only thing I read was that FBG split ties with FFTOC for "undisclosed reasons."I'm failing to see where everyone is getting the info that the unsolicited email use was the cause.TIA(just trying to get to the bottom of this)

I'm just interested now in finding out how long am I gonna have to put up with FFTOC spam mail ??I never had anything to do with them till last seasons contest ... and now I'm getting email from them on a very regular basis ... just more spam so no big deal ... but it is the principal of the thing ... they had no right glomming onto Footballguys mail list from last years contest because that was a list provided to them on a business to business transaction and they had no right's to utilize that list without Footballguys permission I would imagine !Bad Karma ... stealing from FBG's !!! :football:
Hi Map,It is their contention that when our FBG Subscribers entered the contest, their email addresses became part of the FFTOC database. We totally disagree. You guys that know me at all know how obsessed I get when it comes to protecting our guys emails. We have NEVER EVER allowed anyone to use our guy's emails for anything. This was no different. Their claim is that by entering the contest powered by FFTOC, that you "opted in" to their system and they can send you what they like. Again, we disagree.I have asked them repeatedly to remove all of the 2005 Footballguys Subscriber Contest emails from their database. To this point, they have not complied. They say they are "their" email addresses now. It's my sincere hope that they reverse that stance and remove your guys emails from their database.J
Well, as I did not enter any of their contests, this hasn't really affected me.It is very nice to see FootballGuys is stand-up though!! :D :banned:

Can someone link me to the post where Joe B said that he split ties with FFTOC because they used FBG's email without permission?The only thing I read was that FBG split ties with FFTOC for "undisclosed reasons."I'm failing to see where everyone is getting the info that the unsolicited email use was the cause.TIA(just trying to get to the bottom of this)
3 posts up from your post? :confused:

Ummm....look up 3 posts from yours.

(just trying to get to the bottom of this)
Hi JoeT,Sorry, this is the bottom of it from us:
We told you a while back that Footballguys was going to be a 50% owner in the FFTOC contests. Based on complications we don't plan on discussing publicly, that is not going to happen. We have no financial or business interests with regard to the FFTOC going forward. Instead, we'll be doing what we've always done for you - be right here focusing 100% of our attention and efforts on one thing - Bringing you everything you need to Dominate Your League.
J

Big :thumbup: to FBG from me on this issue.

I thought you and David were 50% owners? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread