What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBGs No Longer Partnered With FFTOC (1 Viewer)

There is something about FBG purported purchase of 50% of the FFTOC site that bothers me. I looked over the FBG site for a couple of months before I finally purchased a subscription this summer. I also purchased a copy of "FBG 2006 Strategy Guide". The article by David Dodds about FFTOC (P. 113-114) intrigued me. The fact that FBG were 50% owners of the site (P. 114 "We bought a 50% equity stake in Greg Alan's FFTOC...") was enough to convince me that this was a legitimate contest and that my money was safe. Should I, or other FBG members who entered the FFTOC contest because of our trust in FBG, be worried?

I am admittedly not a businessman but I can only see three reasons why I would make 3 of 4 payments on something (or 50% of something) and not make the final payment.

1) Cash Strapped - Did not have and could not raise the money necessary for the final payment

or

2) Realized the deal I signed was so bad that I would not be able to sell my share for as much as the final payment would cost. (i.e. finally realized that I purchased a 50% share in a house on Love Canal)

or

3) Discovered that my potential partner was so dishonest or unethical that it would be cheaper for me in the long run to write off the 3 payments than it would to continue financial involvement with this person.

At the time of the printing of the "strategy guide" David thought the 50% purchase of FFTOC was a done deal ("We bought ....."). At some point between the time the magazine went to press and the time the final payment was due something major happened to sour the relationship. I wish I knew then what I know now. I would definitely have held off purchasing my FFTOC entry until I knew the FBG purchase was a done deal.

At the time of the printing of the "strategy guide" David thought the 50% purchase of FFTOC was a done deal ("We bought ....."). At some point between the time the magazine went to press and the time the final payment was due something major happened to sour the relationship. I wish I knew then what I know now. I would definitely have held off purchasing my FFTOC entry until I knew the FBG purchase was a done deal.
I agree that the fact that they advertised that they were already a stakeholder to its readers in that organization when in fact that was not the case is very troubling.

Dear Sir or Ma'am,Please don't ####### send me any more of this lost love affair bull####. I don't give a flying #### #### who is to blame, who got bent or who didn't give the other a reach around. Just let it go, and leave my email address out of it.
I think that means Kleck should be removed from the FBG mailing list too...please?

I agree that the fact that they advertised that they were already a stakeholder to its readers in that organization when in fact that was not the case is very troubling.
Remember, the magazine came out at around the same time that the last payment was due. So this statement is a lot like any statement about McNair being a Raven -- it wasn't true at the time it was written, but it was expected to be true by the time the magazine was published.

Remember, the magazine came out at around the same time that the last payment was due. So this statement is a lot like any statement about McNair being a Raven -- it wasn't true at the time it was written, but it was expected to be true by the time the magazine was published.
I understand, but that probably wasn't the wisest decision. If someone said that they bought a subscription to FFTOC solely due to the fact that FBG was a co-owner due to their good reputation, I would think they would have a remedy in getting their $50 back now that this is not the case. But I'm not a lawyer so who knows.It is just good policy to say you are not an owner of something until it is indeed fact.

All I really want to know is if my entry fee to FFTOC in any danger. By the way, suggesting that Steve McNair might become a Raven is totally different than saying "We bought.....". One is an educated guess the other is a "fait accompli".

There is something about FBG purported purchase of 50% of the FFTOC site that bothers me. I looked over the FBG site for a couple of months before I finally purchased a subscription this summer. I also purchased a copy of "FBG 2006 Strategy Guide". The article by David Dodds about FFTOC (P. 113-114) intrigued me. The fact that FBG were 50% owners of the site (P. 114 "We bought a 50% equity stake in Greg Alan's FFTOC...") was enough to convince me that this was a legitimate contest and that my money was safe. Should I, or other FBG members who entered the FFTOC contest because of our trust in FBG, be worried?

I am admittedly not a businessman but I can only see three reasons why I would make 3 of 4 payments on something (or 50% of something) and not make the final payment.

1) Cash Strapped - Did not have and could not raise the money necessary for the final payment

or

2) Realized the deal I signed was so bad that I would not be able to sell my share for as much as the final payment would cost. (i.e. finally realized that I purchased a 50% share in a house on Love Canal)

or

3) Discovered that my potential partner was so dishonest or unethical that it would be cheaper for me in the long run to write off the 3 payments than it would to continue financial involvement with this person.

Hi gagaz,Shoot me an email at bryant@footballguys.com and we can talk about this and I'll be glad to help however I can. I won't go into specifics more than we didn't feel comfortable being associated with them but I'll try to help how I can.

J

or

or

Hi gagaz,Shoot me an email at bryant@footballguys.com and we can talk about this and I'll be glad to help however I can. I won't go into specifics more than we didn't feel comfortable being associated with them but I'll try to help how I can.

J
Hi Joe Thanks for your prompt reply. I feel soooooo much better now. I appologize if my posting caused you any problems.

thank you again :hey:

I was part of Sandbox back when they were going to be taken over by CBS sportsline, then the deal fell through and Sandbox was never the same. Sometimes these things can ruin good fantasy websites. I left Sandbox after that fiasco. I'd just hate to see something like that ruin FBG.Just my two cents.
I would hate to see FBG's get hurt by this too. They are the best FF website around.
Will never happen. FBG probably has the biggest customer base of all of the pay-FF info sites. They just need to make cleaner agreements for future business alliances. Maybe pull Capella on board as their legal counsel.
They already have legal counsel on staff.
but not Capella.
yeah, but that would be like dropping Johnnie Cochran on them. Is that fair?
If the 32K doesn't fit, you must quit! :bag: :ducks:

What a long strange trip its been!

What began as a google for cheating housewives lead to cheatsheets ... and now this.

I think it's time we all get back to our roots.

Users who are viewing this thread