What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Drunk Thread (2 Viewers)

TF> Wisconsin might be pretty good.
they'll be good til they face a SEC team in the BCS title game
Friendly bet? 12er of beer?
just to be clear...what's the bet?
To be clear....Badgers v SEC team in a bowl, if possible.Straight up
Thought you were talking national championship game. No interest if not. Just don't think games outside of the BCS title game really mean that much in the grand scheme of things./SEC elitist

'Drifter said:
There was a period in my life where I was recognized as a "regular" at a bar that served no other purpose than to serve pre and post game Avalance and Nuggets games. It got to the point where we (I) would get tall boy drinks that were 3:1 or 4:1 whiskey to coke. This would continue into the whee hours beyond what the state might recognize as legal liquor sales hours. While fun, it took years off my life. After breaking my leg leaving one night (really) and stumbling around for a couple hours, I decided that I loved it. Then I had kids and my life ended
I think I sprained my ankle and possibly broke my foot, or vice versa, on 2 separate occasions this week because of booze. I think Im heading to the Dr. monday because its only hurting worse.Good thing is, in the meantime, the best painkiller I have Canadian Gold Premium Whiskey

Thought you were talking national championship game. No interest if not. Just don't think games outside of the BCS title game really mean that much in the grand scheme of things./SEC elitist
I want to see the Badgers vs. LSU, Bama, or Sooners in the title game. Wisky shouldnt lose the rest of the year with how bad the rest of the big 10 is, pretty good chance theyre playing for the championship.If that happens, I hope they beat the #### out of whichever of those teams

I guess I figured it was understood. Badger v any SEC team in the national title game. Apparently our Big Ten fans don't get that kind of respect12 pack of our favorite beer. Thats the bet.Big fan, TF. Lets party

I want to see the Badgers vs. LSU, Bama, or Sooners in the title game. Wisky shouldnt lose the rest of the year with how bad the rest of the big 10 is, pretty good chance theyre playing for the championship.If that happens, I hope they beat the #### out of whichever of those teams
I agree completely that WIS shouldn't lose for the rest of the year...but doesn't it seem like they are always undefeated in week 5 and geared to undefeated, but yet lose to someone they shouldn't have?Either way, if they play for the championship vs. a SEC team, I'll put up a 12 pack of local beer against SLB that the SEC team wins.

I guess I figured it was understood. Badger v any SEC team in the national title game. Apparently our Big Ten fans don't get that kind of respect12 pack of our favorite beer. Thats the bet.Big fan, TF. Lets party
in :boxing:

Bronkowitz>how about them Brewers?
Was at the game today. Freaking hammered by now. Brewers in 4. If not 3.
in :boxing:
IN :boxing: :blackdot:

Haven't been a baseball fan in a long time...but I love watching the Brewers...just a blast to watch...really hope they win it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
First time really watching Luck play...had no idea he was that quick. He's like the white [insert black QB of similar height/weight]

Haven't been a baseball fan in a long time...but I love watching the Brewers...just a blast to watch...really hope they win it all.
NOW I have respect for you ;)
Had Greinke and Weeks in my fantasy league, and watched a bunch of games before I was finally eliminated. :thumbup:Plus, when I went up there for PJ20, everyone was really nice.
PJ20>I was out of town. Otherwise I would have housed/met any of you ####ers

I'm no coach, but when QB's split out wide on wildcat formations...and it's a run play...why don't they take 2 steps back and pretend like they're going to receive the ball, so at minimum the CB covering the QB and the safety bite...and maybe a LB and DL look that way, which provides extra rushing lanes for the Wildcat QB :shrug:

Had Greinke and Weeks in my fantasy league, and watched a bunch of games before I was finally eliminated. :thumbup:Plus, when I went up there for PJ20, everyone was really nice.
:thumbup: stayed in Burlington...had a good time

:goodposting:At least we're on the same page!

I agree completely that WIS shouldn't lose for the rest of the year...but doesn't it seem like they are always undefeated in week 5 and geared to undefeated, but yet lose to someone they shouldn't have?
Good point on them blowing a mid-late season game to a team they shouldnt lose to, although this is the best team I remember them having in a long time. Theyve never had an athlete QB like Russell Wilson, which is why I think they have a shot vs. aforementioned teams

Didnt know there was a Burlington, WI

I agree completely that WIS shouldn't lose for the rest of the year...but doesn't it seem like they are always undefeated in week 5 and geared to undefeated, but yet lose to someone they shouldn't have?
Good point on them blowing a mid-late season game to a team they shouldnt lose to, although this is the best team I remember them having in a long time. Theyve never had an athlete QB like Russell Wilson, which is why I think they have a shot vs. aforementioned teams
I agree...if you held a gun to my head, I'd say WIS vs. the winner of LSU/Bama gameWas just pointing out that it feels familiar to have these thoughts about WIS

Last edited by a moderator:
The home of Tony Romo

The home of Tony Romo
From what Ive gathered from a few weekends, Wisconsin folk are good people. I was in Burlington, VT a couple weeks ago, also good people up there.

Big win for Houston Nutt - congrats dude - you just beat Fresno St. God love you all at Ol Miss - its painfull, we know here in Arkansas.
And to hell with Wisconsin and that win
No disrespect - grew up with the Big 10 (Ohio State). I root for these guys - but I just don't think Wisconsin can hang with'em.
Just making sure, a 48-17 win over Nebraska means nothing? I'm trying to not be a homer here. I know the big ten is weak but that has to mean something, right?

Users who are viewing this thread