Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Story time

Polecat

I woke up and we were driving. I couldn't tell exactly where we were, partly because of the fog and perhaps moreso because I was still drunk. I'd climbed into the Jeep earlier and passed out after too many beer bongs at a party in a neighboring town. I had no idea how much time had passed, and looking down I realized that I had lost my watch somewhere. All I knew was that it was dark, foggy as hell and my buddy was driving us somewhere. I asked where we were going and my buddy simply said "Home."

As we come to the top of a hill, the fog clears a bit and we see what appears to be a young woman staggering with some difficulty along the edge of the roadway. My buddy slows the Jeep as we approach. The woman turns toward us and panics, and as she attempts to run, she falls into the ditch. We stop and I get out, my heart pounding. I can hear her sobbing and as I approach her, she starts screaming and scooting backward away from me. My buddy had grabbed a flashlight and come down into the ditch. He shined the light on her and we could see she was covered in blood. I try to calm her down, but she keeps screaming. I reach out and grab her hand and hold it, talking to her, trying to calm her. Finally, her screams melt into uncontrolled sobbing and I wrap my arm's around her. I am freaking out at this point. WTF?

My buddy helps me scoop her up and we carry her up to the road, into the headlights of the Jeep. Somebody or something had beat this girl to hell. She was bleeding from the mouth, the nose and a deep gash in her head. I ask my buddy what we should do and he's frozen. He doesn't say anything. I keep asking ans all he mutters is "I don't know, I don't know." I tell him that we need to get help and he say he'll go. I say BS, you aren't leaving me out here. "We are taking her with us. She's gotta get help."

We load her in the Jeep and I climb in next to her and wrap myt arms around her. The girl is quiet now, but shivering as my buddy turns the Jeep around and heads for help through the fog.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We make it into town and my buddy somehow finds a hospital. He gets out and runs inside and almost immediately there are people running out the door toward the Jeep. A guy in scrubs leans in and picks the girl out of my arms and puts her on a stretcher. People are all over the place. I climb out of the Jeep and into the light. This is when I realize that I am covered in this girl’s blood..

A nurse asks me if I am ok as she leads me by the arm inside. I assure her that I am ok, and the questions start coming. What happened? Where? How long ago? Who is she? I tell them all I know, which is nothing. My buddy just nods his head at everything I say. Frustrated at the lack of answers, the nurses leave us alone. Then a deputy walks up and asks if he can speak to us outside. We walk out and I see that another deputy is going through the Jeep with a flashlight. The first deputy walks us to his car which is parked behind the Jeep. “Hands on the car, now!” He pats me down and reaches for my right hand and places a cuff on my wrist, pulls my arm behind my back, then cuffs the left wrist. He does the same to my buddy, who I could swear was starting to cry.

We make it into town and my buddy somehow finds a hospital. He gets out and runs inside and almost immediately there are people running out the door toward the Jeep. A guy in scrubs leans in and picks the girl out of my arms and puts her on a stretcher. People are all over the place. I climb out of the Jeep and into the light. This is when I realize that I am covered in this girl’s blood..

A nurse asks me if I am ok as she leads me by the arm inside. I assure her that I am ok, and the questions start coming. What happened? Where? How long ago? Who is she? I tell them all I know, which is nothing. My buddy just nods his head at everything I say. Frustrated at the lack of answers, the nurses leave us alone. Then a deputy walks up and asks if he can speak to us outside. We walk out and I see that another deputy is going through the Jeep with a flashlight. The first deputy walks us to his car which is parked behind the Jeep. “Hands on the car, now!” He pats me down and reaches for my right hand and places a cuff on my wrist, pulls my arm behind my back, then cuffs the left wrist. He does the same to my buddy, who I could swear was starting to cry.

I'd be crying, too. If you'd just listened to him in the first place and let him go get help, there wouldn't be a mess of blood all over his Jeep, and you guys wouldn't be looking guilty as sin right now.

Some friend you are. Why does everything have to be your way?

I'd be crying, too. If you'd just listened to him in the first place and let him go get help, there wouldn't be a mess of blood all over his Jeep, and you guys wouldn't be looking guilty as sin right now.

Some friend you are. Why does everything have to be your way?

He's a follower of the Burger King doctrine of "having it your way".

I personally subscribe to that as well, it's rewarding.

Please contact NFZ and see if you can help him with his "wretched in-law"post.

:goodposting: My life has gotten awefully boring in the past month. I didnt know new baby = have to repaint the whole interior of the house.

Archived