What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cadillac Williams (1 Viewer)

pmcdade

Footballguy
I was just tweaking my rankings and I came to Cadillac Williams who I have stuck in at the 10th RB spot for no real reason other than that's where he seemed to fit. Then it occurred to me... What is going on with this guy? There has been almost zero buzz except for him sitting the first two pre-season games - then in the third game he was a non-factor.

Just about any other back in the top 15 has lots of pros and cons all over the boards, but no one seems to have a real opinion on Caddy. Last year he was one of the most talked about backs. Now he like Reuben Droughns on a better team. Everyone just seems to be penciling him in around the end of the snake with no real reasons why he fits there. So I went to the face-off which was almost all about last year (when he was an interesting player contrasted to Brown and Benson) and gave no real insight.

Why is he better than McGahee? Why is he worse than Rudi? How does he compare to Jordan?

I see myself taking him but can't get excited about it. Is he now too boring now to have such a great nickname?

IMO

Caddy will be a top five running back in this league. NOT a top five fantasy running back though.

Positives

-great vision

-hard working/great attitude

-fluid

Negatives

-has to prove durabilty (just like 60% of the RBs in the league)

-may not get goalline carries

-has an extremely tough schedule this year

Predicition : I think he will exceed expectations this year and will be a top five pick next season. I don't think he will finish top five this year, but will be close enough. His schedule has to get easier next season and Alstott is coming to the end of the road. This year he will be more involved in the passing game as well.

If you saw any Auburn football from 03-05 then you know why he has the nickname. Not sure if he got in college or high school, but I think caddy is one of the safer bets to finish in the top 10 this year, and I personaly think he has the talent to be a top 5 RB at some point. I passed on Ronnie Brown to take him. I now own him in two leagues and am very happy to own him. I'm glad he's not being talked about much.

As for why there is little buzz about him, that's because he hasn't played that much in pre-season. Which is almost certainly by design by Gruden, who knows what he has with him.

If you saw any Auburn football from 03-05 then you know why he has the nickname. Not sure if he got in college or high school, but I think caddy is one of the safer bets to finish in the top 10 this year, and I personaly think he has the talent to be a top 5 RB at some point. I passed on Ronnie Brown to take him. I now own him in two leagues and am very happy to own him. I'm glad he's not being talked about much.
I always thought they called him "Cadillac" because that's what they paid him to go to school on the "Plains." :lmao:

sholditch said:
Not sure if he got in college or high school
Quoting Carnell, "The nickname Cadillac came from this guy named Mike Raita." (Raita is a Birmingham caster at ABC 33/40. ) "He gave it to me my junior year in high school. He just said I ran smooth like a Cadillac. Every time he would see me running he would say “there goes the Cadillac.” It just stuck..."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnell_Williams

I love Caddy and it's a great nickname, but I never thought of his running style as smooth. I actually find his runs to be quite violent. He really fights off tackles and gets the extra yard. Impressive considering hes not that big. Now Robert Smith was a smooth runner

I took him at 15 in a 16 teamer and am also having a hard time getting excited about it. Tough schedule this year but he should still be top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread