What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Wire (2 Viewers)

58 was a great episode :popcorn: I can't help but think, though, that many things that happened in Episode 58 could have, or maybe should have, happened earlier in the season.However, that being said, they have a lot to deliver on in the last 2 episodes. If they don't, this could be a bigger end-of-series thud than The Sopranos.BTW, Beadie is looking older, isn't she? She looked good in Season 2, but has gone downhill steadily since.
beadie (amy ryan) is up for a best supporting actress award in for that new movie ben affleck directed, gone baby goneanxious to see that

58 was a great episode :hot: I can't help but think, though, that many things that happened in Episode 58 could have, or maybe should have, happened earlier in the season.However, that being said, they have a lot to deliver on in the last 2 episodes. If they don't, this could be a bigger end-of-series thud than The Sopranos.BTW, Beadie is looking older, isn't she? She looked good in Season 2, but has gone downhill steadily since.
:thumbup:I dont know how they are going to wrap it all up in 2 episodes. Are they both only an hour long??

58 was a great episode :shock: I can't help but think, though, that many things that happened in Episode 58 could have, or maybe should have, happened earlier in the season.However, that being said, they have a lot to deliver on in the last 2 episodes. If they don't, this could be a bigger end-of-series thud than The Sopranos.BTW, Beadie is looking older, isn't she? She looked good in Season 2, but has gone downhill steadily since.
:unsure:I dont know how they are going to wrap it all up in 2 episodes. Are they both only an hour long??
HBO probably threw a token hour and 15 minutes to the show for the finale. There is some serious stuff coming down in the last two episodes. I'm really sad to see it end.Even though I hate this show now. :no:

:hot: :hot: :hot: I hate this show :hot:
Why? Episode 58? or 57?I still haven't gotten 58, going to try rebooting my cable box to see if it comes up on demand :)
just watch them
I wish everybody could/would watch 58, so we could talk about it. There's been some pretty good discussion going on in this thread lately.
It STILL hasn't hit HBO On Demand yet. Going to try now, maybe after midnight or something.Update: Nope, not yet. Going to unplug and reboot my cable box to see if that helps.Nope, still nothing. And I noticed there's nothing in the "Just In" category at all anymore. I may have to call and ##### out TWC tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
:hot: :hot: :hot: I hate this show :)
Why? Episode 58? or 57?I still haven't gotten 58, going to try rebooting my cable box to see if it comes up on demand :)
just watch them
I wish everybody could/would watch 58, so we could talk about it. There's been some pretty good discussion going on in this thread lately.
It STILL hasn't hit HBO On Demand yet. Going to try now, maybe after midnight or something.Update: Nope, not yet. Going to unplug and reboot my cable box to see if that helps.
I had a war with Comcast Houston and HBO back when everyone was saying they were showing season 4 in its entirety On Demand. Comcast didn't even have the Wire as an option On Demand, while HBO kept saying that of course it was available, they were advertising it. I never got anywhere with Comcast. My last conversation went like this: (Comcast Rep) Dude, I'm like a teenager working at a call center in Michigan, and I can't help you with anything. And no, you can't talk to a supervisor. Sorry. Then, when Season 5 came on, they put it into the On Demand service and it works fine. :hot:

:hot: :hot: :hot: I hate this show :hot:
just watch them
It STILL hasn't hit HBO On Demand yet. Going to try now, maybe after midnight or something.Update: Nope, not yet. Going to unplug and reboot my cable box to see if that helps.
I had a war with Comcast Houston and HBO back when everyone was saying they were showing season 4 in its entirety On Demand. Comcast didn't even have the Wire as an option On Demand, while HBO kept saying that of course it was available, they were advertising it. I never got anywhere with Comcast. My last conversation went like this: (Comcast Rep) Dude, I'm like a teenager working at a call center in Michigan, and I can't help you with anything. And no, you can't talk to a supervisor. Sorry. Then, when Season 5 came on, they put it into the On Demand service and it works fine. :shrug:
It's generally been fine for me up to this week, though it's been available at varying points, never after mid-morning on Mon.

Can someone give me their take on what happened in the last scene of 58? I think I know, but I'm not 100% positive. Spoiler tags will probably be needed.

BTW, I got 58 off isohunt. Plenty of seeders. :lmao:

58 was a great episode :lmao: I can't help but think, though, that many things that happened in Episode 58 could have, or maybe should have, happened earlier in the season.However, that being said, they have a lot to deliver on in the last 2 episodes. If they don't, this could be a bigger end-of-series thud than The Sopranos.BTW, Beadie is looking older, isn't she? She looked good in Season 2, but has gone downhill steadily since.
You're expecting everything to wrap up neatly? Some stuff is going to get resolved I'm sure, but some isn't.

58 was a great episode :lmao: I can't help but think, though, that many things that happened in Episode 58 could have, or maybe should have, happened earlier in the season.However, that being said, they have a lot to deliver on in the last 2 episodes. If they don't, this could be a bigger end-of-series thud than The Sopranos.BTW, Beadie is looking older, isn't she? She looked good in Season 2, but has gone downhill steadily since.
You're expecting everything to wrap up neatly? Some stuff is going to get resolved I'm sure, but some isn't.
When was Homicide the movie?After the show was off the air right?See HBO was rumorred to be making the final Soprano's episode into a movie, at a theater type deal.Everything I've seen is that they're done, writing wise and everything. Don't feel there's more to add, did what they set out to etc. I'm wonderring what's up though.Just watched some show Jericho a week or so ago. Found it fascinating how bad it did, I mean awful, in ratings. Fans were furious it was cancelled, and the network brought it back; so I had to watch it once. Seems like that movie with Pony Boy and Patrick Swayze(can't think of the name, not the outsiders)...anyhow I wish we could ask for more here like that. The ratings have been (relatively) poor and with Sopranos gone I don't see a whole lot of wonderful shows on HBO's plate.

58 was a great episode :goodposting: I can't help but think, though, that many things that happened in Episode 58 could have, or maybe should have, happened earlier in the season.

However, that being said, they have a lot to deliver on in the last 2 episodes. If they don't, this could be a bigger end-of-series thud than The Sopranos.

BTW, Beadie is looking older, isn't she? She looked good in Season 2, but has gone downhill steadily since.
When was Homicide the movie?After the show was off the air right?

See HBO was rumorred to be making the final Soprano's episode into a movie, at a theater type deal.

Everything I've seen is that they're done, writing wise and everything. Don't feel there's more to add, did what they set out to etc. I'm wonderring what's up though.

Just watched some show Jericho a week or so ago. Found it fascinating how bad it did, I mean awful, in ratings. Fans were furious it was cancelled, and the network brought it back; so I had to watch it once. Seems like that movie with Pony Boy and Patrick Swayze(can't think of the name, not the outsiders)...anyhow I wish we could ask for more here like that. The ratings have been (relatively) poor and with Sopranos gone I don't see a whole lot of wonderful shows on HBO's plate.
How could you forget the awesomeness that was Red Dawn!?Wolverines!!!

the momentum generated by the fake serial killer is starting to overwhelm mcnutty...

how did they think this was going to end... it was just going to fade away quietly after they got their desired increase in support? they stirred up a hornets nest with the media, police & government...

have they discussed an exit strategy, like a patsy (possibly a dead one)... maybe he can fake a phone call to the press that the serial killer is moving on?

maybe the plan was to let "killings" stop, & the ruckus will gradually die down...

the momentum generated by the fake serial killer is starting to overwhelm mcnutty...

how did they think this was going to end... it was just going to fade away quietly after they got their desired increase in support? they stirred up a hornets nest with the media, police & government...

have they discussed an exit strategy, like a patsy (possibly a dead one)... maybe he can fake a phone call to the press that the serial killer is moving on?

maybe the plan was to let "killings" stop, & the ruckus will gradually die down... :goodposting:
I believe this was there intent.Episode 58 was up on my Comcast On Demand last night. Very good episode.

I've been noticing Jay Landesman in the credits. (not the character, the person)I remember one real detective had a bit part on the show. I don't think it was him though. Who is his character?I hadn't noticed it before so I'm guessing it's not Jay Landesman the character.That older cop in the bar that the reporter was running a hypothetical by?
thats my guess
That is correct. That is the real Jay Landesman, and his horrible Baltimore accent is 100% real.

58 was a great episode :confused: I can't help but think, though, that many things that happened in Episode 58 could have, or maybe should have, happened earlier in the season.

However, that being said, they have a lot to deliver on in the last 2 episodes. If they don't, this could be a bigger end-of-series thud than The Sopranos.

BTW, Beadie is looking older, isn't she? She looked good in Season 2, but has gone downhill steadily since.
I didn't say that. I just said they have a lot to deliver on. If they never had another episode of this show ever air, it would still be better than 95% of the series I've ever seen.

the momentum generated by the fake serial killer is starting to overwhelm mcnutty...how did they think this was going to end... it was just going to fade away quietly after they got their desired increase in support? they stirred up a hornets nest with the media, police & government...have they discussed an exit strategy, like a patsy (possibly a dead one)... maybe he can fake a phone call to the press that the serial killer is moving on?maybe the plan was to let "killings" stop, & the ruckus will gradually die down...
I think most people actually want McNulty to get caught.

maybe the plan was to let "killings" stop, & the ruckus will gradually die down...
This is clearly what McNutty wants to do... But I have a feeling he's going to feel the repercussions of his actions somehow. Maybe not prison time or getting fired, but something will/should happen to him.

58 was a great episode :thumbup: I can't help but think, though, that many things that happened in Episode 58 could have, or maybe should have, happened earlier in the season.

I didn't say that. I just said they have a lot to deliver on. If they never had another episode of this show ever air, it would still be better than 95% of the series I've ever seen.
I think HBO rejecting the 16 episode season hurt them a little bit. According to David Simon, the series was written as a 66 episode story. I've actually enjoyed the news room storyline this season (even though at times it does feel a bit rushed). Gus is a great character, I wish we would have had a full season to get to know him a little better.

I loved the homage scene to the old "Homicide" series- the original great Baltimore cop drama. Cracked up with Richard Belzer at the bar- making the comment about "how he used to ahve a bar."

In the old Homicide series he and another cop (the guy who is now playng the newpaperman in THe Wire) owned a bar together.

Pretty neat how they tied it in and gave it a tip of the cap.

If any of you have not seen the Homicide series you should.

Ok, I finally got Episode 58 on demand. Awesome.

Texas, Captain: what didn't you like?? (Please use spoiler tags out of respect for the others who aren't watching on demand :thumbup: )

Texas, Captain: what didn't you like?? (Please use spoiler tags out of respect for the others who aren't watching on demand :thumbup: )
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("I think the painkillers probably had a lot to do with him getting caught off-guard. But for the ambush in the apartment, Omar doesn't get killed IMO. It did make a lot of sense in terms of the show, and definitely passed the "smell test" for me. I did wonder today, why didn't Omar just leave Baltimore and move far, far away to rehabilitate his leg, then come back? He certainly had the financial means. How hard would it have been to catch a bus or get someone to give him a lift?

I loved the contrast of two little facts that don't seem to be connected: Dope boys coming in to take some of Omar's personal effects off him as souvenirs, showing how revered and infamous he was on the streets, and the story of his death getting cut without much thought from running in the Sun.*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

Texas, Captain: what didn't you like?? (Please use spoiler tags out of respect for the others who aren't watching on demand :) )
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("Where did he get the gun? Have you been watching the show?

Dropping the gun is standard operating procedure. I doubt they have his fingerprints on file. It's a lot smarter than hanging on to it, actually. Not that he was thinking too clearly about it or imitating the famous restaurant scene in G1.

He popped him probably because he was a nemesis to all drug dealers, including his own crew, and to make a name for himself. It happens. My uncle, who was incarcerated for a year and change (a little of that time was at San Quentin) said that in prison, people will take a run at someone who's famous just on principle alone.

And Omar's always kept his place of residence a secret. He didn't get ####ed with on the street because of his reputation, and he made himself difficult to find otherwise

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

Texas, Captain: what didn't you like?? (Please use spoiler tags out of respect for the others who aren't watching on demand :) )
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("Where did he get the gun? Have you been watching the show?

Dropping the gun is standard operating procedure. I doubt they have his fingerprints on file. It's a lot smarter than hanging on to it, actually. Not that he was thinking too clearly about it or imitating the famous restaurant scene in G1.

He popped him probably because he was a nemesis to all drug dealers, including his own crew, and to make a name for himself. It happens. My uncle, who was incarcerated for a year and change (a little of that time was at San Quentin) said that in prison, people will take a run at someone who's famous just on principle alone.

And Omar's always kept his place of residence a secret. He didn't get ####ed with on the street because of his reputation, and he made himself difficult to find otherwise

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

Texas, Captain: what didn't you like?? (Please use spoiler tags out of respect for the others who aren't watching on demand :confused: )

");document.close();

Texas, Captain: what didn't you like?? (Please use spoiler tags out of respect for the others who aren't watching on demand :excited: )

");document.close();

Texas, Captain: what didn't you like?? (Please use spoiler tags out of respect for the others who aren't watching on demand :lmao: )

");document.close();
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("Yep. He's a twisted little guy.

In response to the above inquiries into why I was mad about Omar getting killed: I guess it's as simple as that I liked the Omar character and wanted to see him take down some more of Marlo's crew before he got offed. *** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

Sounds like many of you who are posting the spoilers about episode #58, don’t really seem to grasp how/why the scene unfolded the way it did. Maybe we can revisit it once everyone is caught up. It runs back all the way to season 3, but you have to be a "true blue" (obsessed) Wire fan to piece it all together.

Sounds like many of you who are posting the spoilers about episode #58, don’t really seem to grasp how/why the scene unfolded the way it did. Maybe we can revisit it once everyone is caught up. It runs back all the way to season 3, but you have to be a "true blue" (obsessed) Wire fan to piece it all together.
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("Why did it unfold the way it did?

");document.close();

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("Why did it unfold the way it did?

");document.close();
I'll PM you on it, becuase the spoilers can be seen when someone quotes them.

");document.close();
Hit me with a PM also. I would be interested in hearing your take.

");document.close();
Me too please.Also, I don't see any spoilers when they're quoted. Not sure what you're talking about.

");document.close();
Me too please.Also, I don't see any spoilers when they're quoted. Not sure what you're talking about.
And me as well please.BTW, when I quote spoilers, it doesn't reveal them. ;)

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("Omar takes out Marlowe. Michael takes over Marlowe's operation. McNulty is promoted to chief of police.*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();
And me as well please.BTW, when I quote spoilers, it doesn't reveal them. :popcorn:
Yea, I have no idea what everyone is talking about wrtt. I just changed the spoiler above to reveal the major events in episode 58. Are there actually people who can see it w/out clicking on it?

");document.close();
Bro, I tried to send it to you but your inbox is full. Hit me with a PM if you make some room and still want to hear my take on it.

Yea, I have no idea what everyone is talking about wrtt. I just changed the spoiler above to reveal the major events in episode 58. Are there actually people who can see it w/out clicking on it?
I didn't think so either. But "Bri" asked me not to post the spoilers, because people could still see them if they accidentally quoted a post with the spoiler in it. So I just figured it best not to post them anymore to be on the safe side. Honestly, I don’t know how it woks.

Maybe because I said this thread sucked if you hadn't watched the shows early.

But I meant it sucks that all the posts contain nothing but spoilers- not that I could see what the spoilers were.

Big_Russel said:
Dexter Manley said:
I didn't think so either. But "Bri" asked me not to post the spoilers, because people could still see them if they accidentally quoted a post with the spoiler in it. So I just figured it best not to post them anymore to be on the safe side. Honestly, I don’t know how it woks.
You can see the spoiler when you are quoting it. It doesn't show up on the board.

Big_Russel said:
snitwitch said:
Big_Russel said:

");document.close();
Bro, I tried to send it to you but your inbox is full. Hit me with a PM if you make some room and still want to hear my take on it.
Clear now.

Senor Schmutzig said:
Big_Russel said:
snitwitch said:
Big_Russel said:

");document.close();
Same here too, please. I am trying to get recaught up... as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I sort of fell off the wagon with watching the Wire for a season in the middle :thumbup:

I loved the homage scene to the old "Homicide" series- the original great Baltimore cop drama. Cracked up with Richard Belzer at the bar- making the comment about "how he used to ahve a bar."In the old Homicide series he and another cop (the guy who is now playng the newpaperman in THe Wire) owned a bar together.Pretty neat how they tied it in and gave it a tip of the cap.If any of you have not seen the Homicide series you should.
I loved this too. Melrick and Munch together again except Melrick is now Gus.

goddamit i dont know what you guys are talking about and im not clicking the spoilers

i gotta watch the on demand soon

Users who are viewing this thread