Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Wire

Bri

Spiros Vondopoulos is definitely Greek.

I thought he was Russian. :thumbup:
Yeah, I can recall no evidence whatsoever that anyone in that entire mob was greek at all. It was just a good cover that allowed them to pop up on their FBI guy on the inside's watch list more easily.

I thought he was Russian. :clap:
Yeah, I can recall no evidence whatsoever that anyone in that entire mob was greek at all. It was just a good cover that allowed them to pop up on their FBI guy on the inside's watch list more easily.
I think during that same conversation where the Greek said he wasn't even Greek they had an exchange something like this:The Greek: All they know of you is your name.Spiros: And of course, my name is not my name.On a side note, when I was younger I had a fake ID that said my last name was Ginopolis. But "I'm not even Greek..." :X

Wow. I finally finished all 5 seasons. One of the advantages to waiting until it was complete was seeing all 5 seasons consecutively with no waiting around.

One of the downsides - and it amazes me to even say it given some of the nonsense that gets posted in the LOST thread - is following along with you guys on the series. For example, I completely missed

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

I'm only 8 pages in on this thread, so I might have more later.

Do you dvd watchers sit and reflect during the outro song or just ffwd?

that song being so good kinda eased the pain of knowing you had to wait another week

Edited by Fiddles

Wow. I finally finished all 5 seasons. One of the advantages to waiting until it was complete was seeing all 5 seasons consecutively with no waiting around.

One of the downsides - and it amazes me to even say it given some of the nonsense that gets posted in the LOST thread - is following along with you guys on the series. For example, I completely missed

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

that song being so good kinda eased the pain of knowing you had to wait another week

Good one. :shrug:

I thought he was Russian. :goodposting:
I think during that same conversation where the Greek said he wasn't even Greek they had an exchange something like this:The Greek: All they know of you is your name.Spiros: And of course, my name is not my name.On a side note, when I was younger I had a fake ID that said my last name was Ginopolis. But "I'm not even Greek..." :D
Yeah, that Wiki page may be wrong. I guess we never know of anyone's nationality except for Sergei. That is likely the point. We were given access into their inner workings and still know very little about the group. Imagine how little the police actually know.

They were Russian Jews.....that's all there is to it. End of discussion.

I feel one huge mistake was they

");document.close();

They kind of did in some ways. He basicaly changed Hercs direction in the show, and in the process indirectly screwed over one of the boys. Edited by The Ref

Just finished watching and reading all the pages...

Customary rankings of the seasons...

4-The kid actors were the best I have ever seen.

3-Great conclusion to the main storyline from seasons 1 and 3.

1-Started a little slow for me but the last couple discs were awesome.

5-Did not like the newspaper storyline at all. I wish they would have kept it in the streets and bumped the Hispanic angle in instead of this one.

2-Didn't feel like part of the show at all. I didn't like the characters whatsover.

Customary rankings of the characters...

1-Bodie

2-Omar

3-Chris

4-Prop Joe

5-Stringer

Customary rankings of the seasons...

4-The kid actors were the best I have ever seen.

3-Great conclusion to the main storyline from seasons 1 and 3.

1-Started a little slow for me but the last couple discs were awesome.

5-Did not like the newspaper storyline at all. I wish they would have kept it in the streets and bumped the Hispanic angle in instead of this one.

2-Didn't feel like part of the show at all. I didn't like the characters whatsover.

:thumbup::shock::goodposting:

I thought season 2 was great. Frank Sobotka was one of the best acted characters in the whole series. I thought it tied in perfectly. If you want to see incredible child acting, watch City of God. I'm glad you put Bodie at #1. He was a highly underrated character and defined the streets of Baltimore. I know....I've been there.

I thought season 2 was great. Frank Sobotka was one of the best acted characters in the whole series. I thought it tied in perfectly. If you want to see incredible child acting, watch City of God. I'm glad you put Bodie at #1. He was a highly underrated character and defined the streets of Baltimore. I know....I've been there.

I liked season 2 a lot too, but I could definitely see Ziggy ruining it for others.Some of the newspaper stuff was awesome, but the reporter making up crap and the McNulty serial killer scam made season 5 the worst by far.

I liked season 2 a lot too, but I could definitely see Ziggy ruining it for others.
Didn't you dig his $2000 fine Italian leather jacket?

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xv0XjAJvRM :unsure:

Edited by Raider Nation

");document.close();

Good one. :D

let me know if you want the soundtrack holmes

prez not getting enough love on the top 5sim a sucker for the characters who found redemption though cutty, prez, deangelo, bubbles

deangelo found redemption?not when he was still alive, at least
I disagree. He found himself. He had grown as a person. Sure, he took one for his family. However, he realized that the game was BS and his family wasn't ever really looking out for him. While he was never able to act on this knowledge, he gained a better perspective on his life. While maybe not as rewarding as Bubs or Prez, it was as good of redemption as he could achieve behind bars.

Was just looking on HBO.com to read up about Treme, and came across this:

David Mills, has brain anueysm on set of Treme and dies at 48

David Mills wrote and produced "The Corner", a predecessor to The Wire with David Simon. He also wrote some of the episodes of The Wire.

He was on set in New Orleans with David Simon filming an episode of Treme when he collapsed.

;)

:edit:

Just noticed it was posted last week when it happened but didn't get a lot of traction so it may have been missed.

Edited by Senor Schmutzig

Deangelo was one of the least likable characters on the show. Couldn't stand him.

really? wow i was crushed when they killed him off
You're joking right? He was a worm.
Why? I happen to really like DeAngelo and thought his death was a real tragic moment in the show.

Deangelo was one of the least likable characters on the show. Couldn't stand him.

Why? I happen to really like DeAngelo and thought his death was a real tragic moment in the show.
Shtick?

Shtick?
No, honest question. I thought DeAngelo was a ##### thru most of season 1, but towards the end of season 1 and season 2 he really shined as a character who had seen the light and was turning his life around.

glad im not the only one. no shtick

I thought DeAngelo was a ##### thru most of season 1, but towards the end of season 1 and season 2 he really shined as a character who had seen the light and was turning his life around.

You don't snub Avon and expect to be breathing for very long.
He swallowed a big f'n pill for Avon. That is how he is repaid? Sorry, but Avon is 100% BS.

I thought DeAngelo was a ##### thru most of season 1, but towards the end of season 1 and season 2 he really shined as a character who had seen the light and was turning his life around.

He swallowed a big f'n pill for Avon. That is how he is repaid? Sorry, but Avon is 100% BS.
what did his death have to do with Avon? Edited by Please See Mine

what did his death have to do with Avon?
Fine point. Thats where drinking heavily will get you. RN posts about snubbing Avon and I'm just firing off. Clearly, Stringer is the one who offed him. He is total BS.

Fine point. Thats where drinking heavily will get you. RN posts about snubbing Avon and I'm just firing off. Clearly, Stringer is the one who offed him. He is total BS.

For a character who did so many unlikeable things, he's still such a badass (in a cool way) character. Edited by Steve Tasker

For a character who did so many unlikeable things, he's still such a badass (in a cool way) character.
Such is the remarkable part of shows like The Wire and The Sopranos.

For a character who did so many unlikeable things, he's still such a badass (in a cool way) character.
Such is the remarkable part of shows like The Wire and The Sopranos.
:thumbdown: Sopranos had some good moments, but no coat-tailing in this thread.TIA

I liked Stringer the best, then probably Snoop.

I wonder how she speaks IRL.

seriously?
:goodposting:

Nobody would question Stringer being someone's favorite character, so I assume you are referring to me liking Snoop?

HELL yeah I'm serious. She's the ####.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE-uY7P3pe4

Snoop is an amazing character. Great choice to cast her.

seriously?

Nobody would question Stringer being someone's favorite character, so I assume you are referring to me liking Snoop?

I suspect he was wondering why you wonder how she speaks in real life.

She essentially plays herself. So she talks like herself does.

seriously?

seriously?

Why would I automatically assume she speaks the same way?

Carroll O'Connor sounded nothing like Archie Bunker in real life.

Joe Pesci sounds nothing like Vincent LaGuardia Gambini and Nicky Santoro in real life.

etc.

seriously?
:shrug:

Why would I automatically assume she speaks the same way?

Carroll O'Connor sounded nothing like Archie Bunker in real life.

Joe Pesci sounds nothing like Vincent LaGuardia Gambini and Nicky Santoro in real life.

etc.

Those people are actors.

Snoop Pearson, the character, is played by Snoop Pearson, the "actress" who was not an actress before appearing on The Wire. She's an ex-con from Baltimore who spent six years in the lockup for homicide. The fact that she talks the way she does is exactly why the producers of The Wire put her in the show once they met her.

Those people are actors.

Snoop Pearson, the character, is played by Snoop Pearson, the "actress" who was not an actress before appearing on The Wire. She's an ex-con from Baltimore who spent six years in the lockup for homicide. The fact that she talks the way she does is exactly why the producers of The Wire put her in the show once they met her.

Had I known this at the time I asked the question, I wouldn't have asked the question. :shrug: