Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Wire

Bri

im pretty sure it was nobody...1st one is supposed to be someone you dont know

1st was bodie wasn't it?or was that the tall thin bodyguard that pointed bodie out w/ McNulty?
1st was Bodie, but he snuck up on him from behind. Chris made a point that michael killed the second one and looked him in the eye. It wasnt a nobody, they dont just go kill random people. I was confused because it looked like he killed a guy on a corner like they were taking over the corner for Marlow. Now, I thought they had taken Bodie's already, but when McNulty rolled on it Bodie's boy was still on the block. What's up with that?

1st was bodie wasn't it?or was that the tall thin bodyguard that pointed bodie out w/ McNulty?
1st was Bodie, but he snuck up on him from behind. Chris made a point that michael killed the second one and looked him in the eye. It wasnt a nobody, they dont just go kill random people. I was confused because it looked like he killed a guy on a corner like they were taking over the corner for Marlow. Now, I thought they had taken Bodie's already, but when McNulty rolled on it Bodie's boy was still on the block. What's up with that?
They just go back to work, remember Bodie did that whenever Barksdale got in jail and after he and Stringer were gone.

1st was bodie wasn't it?

or was that the tall thin bodyguard that pointed bodie out w/ McNulty?

1st was Bodie, but he snuck up on him from behind. Chris made a point that michael killed the second one and looked him in the eye.

It wasnt a nobody, they dont just go kill random people. I was confused because it looked like he killed a guy on a corner like they were taking over the corner for Marlow. Now, I thought they had taken Bodie's already, but when McNulty rolled on it Bodie's boy was still on the block. What's up with that?

I disagree. That was Bodie's beef with Marlow, and why he kicked in the cop car windows. Marlow and his gang have no business ethic and no street code.

This episode upset me more than any hour of TV I can remember in a long time, not that there were many surprises. The point is well taken, what we're doing in this country to combat this crap is worthless. Cowards are in control.

I agree.

I would like to ask some cop how realistic it is and how much dramatic license they're taking.

I noticed the new development Namon is in now and Mike too that follows the book.

Bubs in real life killed the guy bugging him with a cyanide like fake drug too so it threw me, glad they changed it up/sad that nice kid died

If you haven't done it already, I suggest getting the wire podcasts from Itunes. The creators are Simon, a journalist from Baltimore, and Burns, a former Baltimore cop and now a teacher. The interviews are more upsetting than the show. There is definately some dramatic licesense, but the source material is true, down to the character of Bubs.

1st was bodie wasn't it?

or was that the tall thin bodyguard that pointed bodie out w/ McNulty?

1st was Bodie, but he snuck up on him from behind. Chris made a point that michael killed the second one and looked him in the eye.

It wasnt a nobody, they dont just go kill random people. I was confused because it looked like he killed a guy on a corner like they were taking over the corner for Marlow. Now, I thought they had taken Bodie's already, but when McNulty rolled on it Bodie's boy was still on the block. What's up with that?

I disagree. That was Bodie's beef with Marlow, and why he kicked in the cop car windows. Marlow and his gang have no business ethic and no street code.
No no. Marlow's code was flawed, but they still didnt just roll up on somebody totally random and sing them a lullabye. Marlow killed people when murder wasnt necessarily the right move. Even the security guard wasnt "random" as he disrespected Marlow. Now, that guy shouldnt have been killed, but there was a "reason" behind it. There would have been no reason for killing the dude who kept rolling Bubs. This was a corner powerplay, but I just am not sure who/where.

There would have been no reason for killing the dude who kept rolling Bubs.

That guy did seem like a piece of dirt, even the guys he hung out with before he grabbed up Bubs(like around the fire) didn't seem to like him.

i rewatched and... it was not mike.and chris made a point of telling him to look him in the eyes because chris is still schooling mike.also thats why mike looked wierd after killing the guy, it was his first.plus the writers of this show would have made it very clear if it was mike who killed bodie.just like how clear it was that mike killed this no name guy.after the first kill, there would have to be that moment where we see how it affects the killer...we had it when mike killed the no name guy.

i rewatched and... it was not mike.and chris made a point of telling him to look him in the eyes because chris is still schooling mike.also thats why mike looked wierd after killing the guy, it was his first.plus the writers of this show would have made it very clear if it was mike who killed bodie.just like how clear it was that mike killed this no name guy.after the first kill, there would have to be that moment where we see how it affects the killer...we had it when mike killed the no name guy.
I dunno man, I just watched it again myself and I still think it was Michael. It def. wasnt the dude who saw Bodie down central booking. The shooter was lightskinned.

thats why chris objected when marlo said it should be randy.

I missed that asking my wife what the bawlmar chick, Snoop, said about the two in the kitchen.Randy seems too young to be held accountable for so long, it's a shame. I understand snoop and chris would be in jail if he kept talking but ...poor kid.Prezbo should have started a home on a farm not been a teacher.I'm confident Randy and that poor skinny kid whose parents were crackheads+got evicted...that guy, I'm sure those two could do OK in society and didn't have to be in "the game". That's a shameI'm not sure about Naymon. He couldn't take the violence but he sure was OK with the package and the count and getting his boys working and everything. If this were real life and not a show attempting to emulate, I'm not sure what I'd like to happen. If by a miracle they get rid of all the drugs, snoop and chris just become paid killers. Marlow and other dealers probably invest their $ in something else. The kids though is what I'm getting at. My wife and I debated some solutions and they all stink. The only one I can come up with is some type of in state but far away foster home option. Suppose DYFS lady asks Randy last night if he'd like to go to a foster home in a suburb 2-3 hours away. Baltimore pays for it and the DYFS lady gets to weed out the bad ones by whom she sends there. Eh well you guys have any ideas? BTW I can't see Pooh being much of a character with Bodie dead. He's weak and so he is useless.

do some of you guys watch the show?? seriously. are you face blind? or do all black people really look alike to you?:loco:

They go out of their way to wear hoods and stand in shadows. Men of any race would look similar with that obstructed dark view. Heck Snoop was ducking in and out of cars last night and I had no clue it was her til after Bodie was killed and she popped up into the light.

do some of you guys watch the show?? seriously. are you face blind? or do all black people really look alike to you?:loco:

:confused:i'm not just talking about Bodie's killing.

So who killed Bodie? You cant get a good look at the shooter there, but it certainly appeared to be michael to me. Then Chris, Snoop, and Marlow come to his crib the next day. I know it wasnt the guy who spotted Bodie at central booking though.What else are you talking about?

Here's the scene with Bodie on the corner

It's dark and hard to see, but the guy who shoots him is left handed (Michael isn't). It's not the guy who saw Bodie with McNulty either. Supposedly the shooter is the guy who gave Bodie a package earlier in the season and said "Don't f with Marlo's money" and also said "Go head Montell" right before Cutty got shot (not the guy who shot Cutty).

Here's the scene with Bodie on the corner

It's dark and hard to see, but the guy who shoots him is left handed (Michael isn't). It's not the guy who saw Bodie with McNulty either. Supposedly the shooter is the guy who gave Bodie a package earlier in the season and said "Don't f with Marlo's money" and also said "Go head Montell" right before Cutty got shot (not the guy who shot Cutty).

allthat matters is it wasnt michael.

thats it for reason i have stated previously.

if guys still believe it is then, im not sure how anybody can ever believe eye-witness testimony.

Edited by Red Apples

from hbos official episode guide.

i hope this puts it to rest

http://www.hbo.com/thewire/episode/season4/episode50.shtml

On his corner, Bodie's having a slow night, along with Poot and Spider, who is now working the corner. When Poot alerts him to Chris approaching, Bodie refuses to leave. "This is my corner. I ain' runnin'." He fires at the cars Snoop and Chris are ducking behind, as Poot pleads with him to run. Unable to convince Bodie to flee, Poot finally runs for cover, passing a young hooded boy - O-Dog, one of Snoop and Chris's trainees - who creeps up to Bodie and shoots him in the head. Bodie falls to the ground and is finished with a second shot to the head. He lays there dead, as O-Dog jogs off to join his mentors.

i loved how they showed marlow trailing the greek at the endgreat setup for next year

That wasn't "The Greek." That was Vondas. "The Greek" was the old guy who isn't even Greek.
ya i know just lazy typingmy point was it sets up some interesting options for season 5marlow might be going straight to the sourcehe could get pretty effin powerful if he cuts everyone else out in baltimore

On his corner, Bodie's having a slow night, along with Poot and Spider, who is now working the corner. When Poot alerts him to Chris approaching, Bodie refuses to leave. "This is my corner. I ain' runnin'." He fires at the cars Snoop and Chris are ducking behind, as Poot pleads with him to run. Unable to convince Bodie to flee, Poot finally runs for cover, passing a young hooded boy - O-Dog, one of Snoop and Chris's trainees - who creeps up to Bodie and shoots him in the head. Bodie falls to the ground and is finished with a second shot to the head. He lays there dead, as O-Dog jogs off to join his mentors.

:thumbup:

This was a great season and great (albeit disheartening) finale.

:confused:

This was a great season and great (albeit disheartening) finale.

I really do love this show. I was afraid to read this thread until the final episode aired, but now I'd like to join in the praise. From what I've read, shooting for the final season will begin in a few months so we may not see the show until fall or early spring. DANG!

Has anyone here watched the mini-series 'the Corner'? It's about ten years old and many of the current Wire cast members had roles or quick spots on the show. Check it out on DVD.

As others have noted, the podcast for 'the wire' are pretty good.

I would rank the seasons 3>1>2>4

Season four was good, just not as good as the other seasons. I may go back and watch it now that I know how all the boys develop.

Bubbs is such a tragic character. I really could not take much more of him getting beaten.

Seeing the way Dookie turned out was so sad.

Of course Randy's story is the most tragic of all. Remember how a mid way through the season he was talking about zombies?! Can you recall what it was like to be in middle school. Man it's sad. These boys were so young!

I really have a soft spot for the kids on the show. I hope that we see a little of them in the last season.

Many of the actors' contracts expired after season 4. It will be interesting to see who comes back for the final season. Knowing that they are not writing for longevity, hopefully the writers will REALLY take some chances.

Those in the Baltimore/DC area may be interested that the security guard who told the Mayor during his visit to Annapolis that 'the Governor will see you now' was in fact MD governor Robert Ehrlich.

That episode aired a few weeks after the real Mayor of Baltimore was elected governor.

• 2 weeks later...

i loved the corneri have the book also but havent read it yeti posted this before but the real d'andre from the corner played brother mazzoune's bodyguard last season

really?!?! that was D'andre? I bought the book last week (traded in a crappy Secret santa 'gift'). I read a few chapters. So far, it's great!When will the final season the the wire air?

This episode upset me more than any hour of TV I can remember in a long time, not that there were many surprises. The point is well taken, what we're doing in this country to combat this crap is worthless. Cowards are in control.

I agree.

I would like to ask some cop how realistic it is and how much dramatic license they're taking.

I noticed the new development Namon is in now and Mike too that follows the book.

Bubs in real life killed the guy bugging him with a cyanide like fake drug too so it threw me, glad they changed it up/sad that nice kid died

I bet it's the most realistic cop show that's ever been on TV. I am pretty sure the shows employs at least a couple of former cops.

I agree.

If you haven't done it already, I suggest getting the wire podcasts from Itunes. The creators are Simon, a journalist from Baltimore, and Burns, a former Baltimore cop and now a teacher. The interviews are more upsetting than the show. There is definately some dramatic licesense, but the source material is true, down to the character of Bubs.
:2cents:

Great podcasts. Pretty depressing to learn that the real Baltimore is worse than what's being shown on the series.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching season 1 for the first time. On episode 5 I think, or maybe 6. Great show. Never seen an episode before today, and I imagine I'll be watching all of the first season by tonight.

Funny episode in first season, where McNutty and his partner recreate the scene where the college girl was shot, only using "####" (f-word)...didn't realize it at first, but after about the 15th time they said it, I thought it was funny.

Watching season 1 for the first time. On episode 5 I think, or maybe 6. Great show. Never seen an episode before today, and I imagine I'll be watching all of the first season by tonight.Funny episode in first season, where McNutty and his partner recreate the scene where the college girl was shot, only using "####" (f-word)...didn't realize it at first, but after about the 15th time they said it, I thought it was funny.

GREAT EPISODE!I got the 1st three seasons on DVD recently. I watched the 1st two seasons already. Am about to start season 3. This show is just great. Pretty funny at times also. I ####### love the Bunk.

Watching season 1 for the first time. On episode 5 I think, or maybe 6. Great show. Never seen an episode before today, and I imagine I'll be watching all of the first season by tonight.Funny episode in first season, where McNutty and his partner recreate the scene where the college girl was shot, only using "####" (f-word)...didn't realize it at first, but after about the 15th time they said it, I thought it was funny.

heh that was a great scene. im envious of you watching the wire from scratch.i listened to the podcasts on our xmas drive home. thanks for the tip they were excellent :thumbup:

I recently finished season one. Have to say it's the best show currently on TV, bar none. The wife and I would watch one episode, then invariably finish the disc because we couldn't wait to see the next one.LOVED the scene you mentioned.Omar has to be my favorite character.

I recently finished season one. Have to say it's the best show currently on TV, bar none. The wife and I would watch one episode, then invariably finish the disc because we couldn't wait to see the next one.LOVED the scene you mentioned.Omar has to be my favorite character.
A man's gotta have a code. Speaking of which. There were SO MANY things in season 4 that related back to the first season. It really is great to watch them all again straight through right now.

Episode 9 is incredible(might be 10 but pretty sure it's 9) I won't tell ya what happens but I guarantee that regardless of your plans you will watch episode 10 right after. Easily one of my favorite episodes.

I agree.

that's somewhat what the book conveys too. I meant a cop as like an impartial source. Noentheless, thanks I will check out the podcasts

Episode 9 is incredible(might be 10 but pretty sure it's 9) I won't tell ya what happens but I guarantee that regardless of your plans you will watch episode 10 right after. Easily one of my favorite episodes.
just read the episode guides. its 10

Just watched the entire season 1 in one day. Woohoo, time for bed. Great show. Close to soprano's quality, but not quite the same level. Still, very good stuff.

I'd put a different spin on that: it's exactly the same quality, but not nearly as sensationalistic. Meaning, the acting and writing are equal, but the stories and plots in The Wire just aren't as packed with violence.

Just watched the entire season 1 in one day. Woohoo, time for bed. Great show. Close to soprano's quality, but not quite the same level. Still, very good stuff.

Funny, because the Wire has essentially ruined the Sopranos for me. It is still a good show, but I think the Wire is so much better in every dimension (story, characters, acting) that it isn't really that close.

Funny, because the Wire has essentially ruined the Sopranos for me. It is still a good show, but I think the Wire is so much better in every dimension (story, characters, acting) that it isn't really that close.
I like this WAY better than Sopranos. Far more engrossing.

I think the first season of The Sopranos is about the best thing I've ever seen on a TV set, including films. But I can see why you'd say that about The Wire. It's certainly one of the top 10 best TV shows ever, and I'd say it's BY FAR the best cop drama ever.

I like this WAY better than Sopranos. Far more engrossing.
:thumbup: I agree, and this is coming from a 100% Italian greasyass guinea wop dago.

I got hooked on the 4th season of this show and I've been downloading and watching every episode from the start. I've seen about 15 episodes so far (first 7 episodes, plus mixed 4th season ones) and I love every minute of it.

I don't want to read the thread because of spoilers, but this show is :thumbup::mellow::mellow:

I watched season four this year and had not seen seasons 1-3. I joined Netflix b/c of it and have caught up on all the episodes.

It really is the best show on TV with nothing else even being close. I agree that Sopranos season 1 was great, but it is not the same anymore. While watching all The Wire episodes, there was not one that was a disappointment or a let down. Quality, quality stuff.

I live in Baltimore so I recognize a lot of the area. I work downtown and have to take 395 off of 95 to get there. From the ramp of 395 you can overlook all of Western Baltimore. While watching season 1 I would always look out and try to find the towers. Not sure if they were ever there, but I found out they were blown up in a later season.

I'm not sure if Baltimore is worse then what is portrayed or not. If it is, it's kept seperate from the downtown area. Last year there was a couple who were in Western Baltimore. The woman(I knew) was pregnant and I think the guy was buying coke/heroin. Anyhow, the transaction must have went bad b/c the guy was shot in the car and the pregnant woman was shot in the back after getting out of the car and running down the street. They both died at University Hospital. The cops found the killer(15yo) and he had a text in his phone saying "I just killed two people and the B**** was pregnant." which was sent 15 minutes after the shooting. Turned out the cops didn't have a warrent to search the phone and the kid got off. Still hasn't been brought in again. I guess the game will just have to take care of it...

There is NO reason to be in Western Baltimore!!!

Edited by avoiding injuries
  • Like 1