What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Putting video from YOUTUBE on CBS Sportsline site (1 Viewer)

There may be a problem - anyone who has done this, can you please check something for me.Do any lineup changes made AFTER the video was posted to the site appear on the live scoring screens???
I had an owner alert me of the problem after I posted the video. In inverstigating, I moved Jerome Harrison in for Rod Smith. That change worked, however when I put Smith back in, it wont take Harrison out. This was all after I put the video on
i can't tell exactly, but i think the problems in my leauge MAY have been before I posted the video, but I can't tell for sure b/c I deleted the news story with the video.Anyone else having problems like this???EDIT to say that now the live scoring is fine, but lineup changes aren't showing up immediately.
Otis,My league is all accurate right now. Just updated at 2:35

How do you take a story "off" CBS league sites? I see where you can add a story, but not take one off.

How do you take a story "off" CBS league sites? I see where you can add a story, but not take one off.
only those w/ commish powers can do it. if you have it, click on the story to enter it, then choose delete story at the end. gone.

There is no doubt this thread crashed the CBS GameCenter..

honestly everything has worked great since I finally got those videos deleted

:blackdot:

Sounds cool, but I might just wait and see what pans out with the scoring/lineup changes before using it! :thumbup:

CBS having week 1 problems?! Not a shock. No issues that I know of at MFL.
honestly, the whole mfl rules sportsline sucks schtick is SO old. save your fingers from the effort, everyone has selected their leagure for this year.

DIRECTIONS1) Go to youtube.com2) Find a video that you like and play it on the youtube site3) Just right of the video look for some text labled Embed. Copy all of the text from the box labled Embed (be sure and copy all of the text in the box).4) Now go to CBS Sportsline and create a new story. In the story body paste the text that you just copied from youtube. Put a headline in if you'd like and then click OK.You will now have video (with the sound) on your CBS Sportsline Fantasy site. This is a GREAT Feature for talking trash and will enhance your leagues enjoyment. I love CBS Sportsline!Be sure and return here to thank me if you find this as useful as I did.
You can also embed this video in the Commissioners message (for any of you that are commissioners). You just have to adjust the size to about 250 x 200...

NFL "All Kinds of Time" Commercial from last year:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sCohn-Ueg0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sCohn-Ueg0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Videos seem to be loading extremely slow. This happening for everybody or is it the damned internet connection in my dorm? Hate transferring to a new college, damn policies of not living off campus first year are ridiculous.

Does anyone know of a site that had clips that are ready for embedding on CBS Sportsline. Im looking for McNabb clips of his preformance yessterday but theres nothing on youtube or google. Anyone know of a site where I would be able to find these?

CBS having week 1 problems?! Not a shock. No issues that I know of at MFL.
honestly, the whole mfl rules sportsline sucks schtick is SO old. save your fingers from the effort, everyone has selected their leagure for this year.
Did I say CBS sucks? No. But CBS has problems every year in week 1. Did they have issues yesterday. Yes.

You can also resize the videos if you want to fit them into the Commisioner's Message column of the website. Just reduce the height and width of the embed code in half (425 down to 212, and 350 down to 175).

I posted on Sportsline as Top Story and it's just blank. How do I edit my top story.

Here was my embedded string. Do I need to edit anything. Also the Top Story is consuming the whole front page of our League how do I edit to fix. TIA.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNT2h1e7I5k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNT2h1e7I5k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I posted on Sportsline as Top Story and it's just blank. How do I edit my top story.

Here was my embedded string. Do I need to edit anything. Also the Top Story is consuming the whole front page of our League how do I edit to fix. TIA.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNT2h1e7I5k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNT2h1e7I5k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Cut the object width and height in half. Other than that the code looks fine. Also, this will work anywhere that accepts HTML code. I've put one on the home page of my league site.

this is great. Nice find!!!!!!!!!

Let the trash talking floweth.

SInce I'm the only one allowed to post stories, I'll be sure to be partial ;)

TKO Spikes said:
Videos seem to be loading extremely slow. This happening for everybody or is it the damned internet connection in my dorm? Hate transferring to a new college, damn policies of not living off campus first year are ridiculous.
Taking anybody else forever to view a video?

1) the re-sizing links are GOLD. that changes everything.

2) I'm trying to attach videos that are 20 seconds or less.. is anyone having trouble with league mates having super slow load times?

3) how was live scoring for monday night football for those of you with videos on site?

1) the re-sizing links are GOLD. that changes everything.2) I'm trying to attach videos that are 20 seconds or less.. is anyone having trouble with league mates having super slow load times?3) how was live scoring for monday night football for those of you with videos on site?
I ran into a problem with posting an embedded McNabb you tube video of about 30 seconds long as well as a 5-6 paragraph article about wahts going on in the league, it literally knocked the whole front page off. I tested it last wekk without writign any conteent andf it was fine, and yes I even resized it. I emailed CBS so hopefully they will have an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread